HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: I Only Like Winners ()
Date: January 13, 2020 12:51PM

We need to help the south to become as productive and great as the North. We can't move forward until the South has positive winning role models.

One way we can encourage southern towns to become winners is to give them winning role models like Sherman or Grant. Every small town southern park should have at least one to two Sherman or Grant statues to inspire little kids to be winners.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Old Historian ()
Date: January 13, 2020 03:25PM

In sports terms Lee's record in Virginia stands as follows:

Lee: 9 wins, 6 losses, 1 tie

Union Cummulative v. Lee in Virginia: 6 wins, 9 losses, 1 tie
Porter: 1 win, 1 tie
McClellan: 3 losses
Pope: 1 loss
Burnside: 1 loss
Hooker: 1 loss
Meade: 1 win
Grant & Meade: 1 win 3 losses
Grant/Meade/Sheridan: 3 wins

If you are looking to celebrate a Yankee Winner in Virginia, the prime candidate would not be Grant, who barely eked out a 4-3 winning record. It would be Sheridan who ended 3-0 against Lee, not to mention winning in the Shenandoah of 1864.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: SDump Post Begets Dumb Response ()
Date: January 13, 2020 03:41PM

I Only Like Winners Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We need to help the south to become as productive
> and great as the North. We can't move forward
> until the South has positive winning role models.
>
>
> One way we can encourage southern towns to become
> winners is to give them winning role models like
> Sherman or Grant. Every small town southern park
> should have at least one to two Sherman or Grant
> statues to inspire little kids to be winners.


You must really hate yourself. Not to worry though, your parents probably don’t like you very much, either.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Posit ()
Date: January 13, 2020 04:51PM

SDump Post Begets Dumb Response Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I Only Like Winners Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > We need to help the south to become as
> productive
> > and great as the North. We can't move forward
> > until the South has positive winning role
> models.
> >
> >
> > One way we can encourage southern towns to
> become
> > winners is to give them winning role models
> like
> > Sherman or Grant. Every small town southern
> park
> > should have at least one to two Sherman or
> Grant
> > statues to inspire little kids to be winners.
>
>
> You must really hate yourself. Not to worry
> though, your parents probably don’t like you
> very much, either.

What a waste of a post. I imagine this what your world is.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Super Bowl ()
Date: January 13, 2020 06:01PM

Old Historian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In sports terms Lee's record in Virginia stands as
> follows:
>
> Lee: 9 wins, 6 losses, 1 tie
>
> Union Cummulative v. Lee in Virginia: 6 wins, 9
> losses, 1 tie
> Porter: 1 win, 1 tie
> McClellan: 3 losses
> Pope: 1 loss
> Burnside: 1 loss
> Hooker: 1 loss
> Meade: 1 win
> Grant & Meade: 1 win 3 losses
> Grant/Meade/Sheridan: 3 wins
>
> If you are looking to celebrate a Yankee Winner in
> Virginia, the prime candidate would not be Grant,
> who barely eked out a 4-3 winning record. It
> would be Sheridan who ended 3-0 against Lee, not
> to mention winning in the Shenandoah of 1864.

Grant accepted the surrender.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Win-Win ()
Date: January 13, 2020 06:02PM

Replace them all with Trump Statues!


You're welcome, problem solved.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Trump statues? ()
Date: January 13, 2020 06:13PM

Win-Win Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Replace them all with Trump Statues!
>
>
> You're welcome, problem solved.

No, and for the same reasons that the dead confederate heroes need to be removed.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Win-Win ()
Date: January 13, 2020 06:17PM

Trump statues? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Win-Win Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Replace them all with Trump Statues!
> >
> >
> > You're welcome, problem solved.
>
> No, and for the same reasons that the dead
> confederate heroes need to be removed.


Oh OK, forgot you're completely libtarded. Carry on.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: little phil ()
Date: January 13, 2020 06:20PM

Old Historian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> If you are looking to celebrate a Yankee Winner in
> Virginia, the prime candidate would not be Grant,
> who barely eked out a 4-3 winning record. It
> would be Sheridan who ended 3-0 against Lee, not
> to mention winning in the Shenandoah of 1864.


Sheridan reported to Grant, dummy.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: General Meade ()
Date: January 13, 2020 07:23PM

You have to give General Meade a lot of credit for giving Lee a good ass kicking at Gettysburg.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: dukethis ()
Date: January 13, 2020 07:24PM

Ha, Ha, take that bitches!
Attachments:
gengrant.png

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: welldang ()
Date: January 13, 2020 07:26PM

you all better come take a look at dis scheet?
Attachments:
cooter.png

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Shermans great, great, great, GS ()
Date: January 13, 2020 07:39PM


Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Well Done Sir Indeed!!! ()
Date: January 13, 2020 07:48PM

+1000 - Nominate OP for Thread of The Decade.
Laughed with my belly.

There is a true wit amongst us in so many ways.
This thread delivered and made coming here worthwhile today.

Hats off to you sir! You get a LINCOLN AWARD !!
Attachments:
Abraham-Lincoln-on-Persistence.jpg

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Old Historian ()
Date: January 13, 2020 08:33PM

>
>
> Sheridan reported to Grant, dummy.

So did Butler, Banks, Siegel, Wallace, Crook and Seymour. None of them faired especially well fighting the Confederates in 1864. Even Hunter failed after a promising start. If Grant is going to get credit as Commander in Chief of the Union Armies fighting the Confederacy for the victories of subordinates, he also has to take the blame.

Grant accompanied the Army of the Potomac in the Overland Campaign, but he didn't command it. There is an ongoing debate as to how much of the army's efforts were under the direction of Meade, its official commander, and how much were under the direction of Grant. At Appomattox Grant was the senior general, so it was proper that the surrender be made to him.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Unrealz ()
Date: January 13, 2020 08:42PM

^ There are people here who know history. I am amazed and thankful.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Old Historian ()
Date: January 13, 2020 09:03PM

Well Done Sir Indeed!!! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> +1000 - Nominate OP for Thread of The Decade.
> Laughed with my belly.
>
> There is a true wit amongst us in so many ways.
> This thread delivered and made coming here
> worthwhile today.
>
> Hats off to you sir! You get a LINCOLN AWARD !!

The plaque is both incorrect and incomplete.

Lincoln won the election of 1846 which it says he lost. Prior to that he had been elected several times to the Illinois legislature. Technically Lincoln was never defeated in a U.S. Senate race. Senators were selected by the state legislatures in those days. What Lincoln was doing in 1858 was campaigning on behalf of Republican state legislature candidates who Lincoln hoped would then elect him to the Senate. Lincoln was also during the period before he became president an extremely successful lawyer. Several major Illinois companies chose to use Lincoln as their lawyer, and he was at time sought for cases outside the state.

Lincoln's career before being elected president was hardly the string of defeats that the plaque suggests.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Thanks History Guy ()
Date: January 13, 2020 09:06PM

Still amazed and will take your word for it, so I stand corrected. Still a good thread.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Colonel Harlan Sanders FTW ()
Date: January 13, 2020 09:40PM

Colonel Sanders raised a division of southern-sympathizing Kentuckians who served with particular distinction, remaining undefeated throughout the entire war.

Even at Gettysburg, one bright spot for the confederacy was Sanders' brilliant covering of the rebel withdrawal. Pursuing Union troops threw themselves in waves against the stalwart Kentuckians, incurring grievous casualties to no gain. General Grant himself beseeched his underlings, from his command post in DC, 'for God's sake, let the rebs go! We must not allow our victory to devolve into a suicidal debacle!'

As Sherman marched through Georgia, the thought of an attack from the north gave him chronic nightmares. He always left at least four of his best divisions to guard against an attack from the rear at the hands of the omnipotent Colonel Sanders, a precuation which drastically impeded his advance.

At Appomatox, Gen Grant conveyed to Colonel Sanders a personal gaurantee from Lincoln that Sanders' business enterprises and poultry farms would remain untouched, in order to secure his acceptance of the armistice. Sanders was even given special permission to keep his slaves.

The gallant Sanders nevertheless offered freedom to his slaves, however virtually none of them wished to depart the service of their beloved kindly master.

The lack of statuary honoring Sanders is evidence of his humility. He insisted and in fact demanded throughout his life that it was to his men, and never to himself, that any credit should go for his unsullied record of victory.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Lickin chickin ()
Date: January 13, 2020 09:52PM

Well I do enjoy Colonel Sanders chicken. Way better than moshie Chik-Fil-Ass

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Surprised Sammy ()
Date: January 13, 2020 10:19PM

I am actually shocked that many ffu posters really know history. I had previously thought everyone on ffu was a retarded moron.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Gusnazi ()
Date: January 13, 2020 11:54PM

They are morons, in a Rain man kind of way.
Attachments:
duvall2.png

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: plain incorrect ()
Date: January 14, 2020 08:31AM

Old Historian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >
> > Sheridan reported to Grant, dummy.
>
> So did Butler, Banks, Siegel, Wallace, Crook and
> Seymour. None of them faired especially well
> fighting the Confederates in 1864. Even Hunter
> failed after a promising start. If Grant is going
> to get credit as Commander in Chief of the Union
> Armies fighting the Confederacy for the victories
> of subordinates, he also has to take the blame.
>
> Grant accompanied the Army of the Potomac in the
> Overland Campaign, but he didn't command it.
> There is an ongoing debate as to how much of the
> army's efforts were under the direction of Meade,
> its official commander, and how much were under
> the direction of Grant. At Appomattox Grant was
> the senior general, so it was proper that the
> surrender be made to him.

Grant was there calling the shots for the entire Overland campaign, there’s no ‘ongoing debate’ or dispute over that. Not even the southern apologist historians disagree with that. It was all widely documented during the time and totally dumb to say Grant wasn’t in command. I’m not even sure where that kind of idea comes from as it was the confederate sympathizers who labeled Grant as a “butcher” for the strategy and tactics employed during the campaign.

I guess next we’ll be hearing about ‘ongoing debates’ that Lee wasn’t really in command of the confederate armies, lol.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Liberal cowards ()
Date: January 14, 2020 09:10AM

It’s so funny seeing demtards getting triggered over an inanimate object.


.
Attachments:
4743F53B-2E1E-424E-B69F-7C9E6C5BDEBA.jpeg

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Sounds Like a Great Idea Folks ()
Date: January 14, 2020 12:34PM

I'm all in~

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: You LOL'd too soon ()
Date: January 14, 2020 02:22PM

plain incorrect Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I guess next we’ll be hearing about ‘ongoing
> debates’ that Lee wasn’t really in command of
> the confederate armies, lol.

If you were trying to undermine your argument you couldn't have picked a better line to use. It was only in the last weeks of the war that Lee was appointed to command the Confederate armies. Prior to that from June 1862 until early 1865 Lee had simply been commander of a single Confederate Army, the Army of Northern Virginia, and was administrative department head of a military department that roughly covered today's Virginia. Anyone with minimal google skills can verify this. when Lee surrendered he only surrendered the forces of the Army of Northern Virginia and not other armies operating elsewhere.

When I was starting out and my Civil War knowledge was limited to what I got from general histories of the war I also believed as you do that 1864-65 was the struggle between Lee and Grant. Later as I read more in depth studies of specific actions during the Overland Campaign and read first hand accounts I discovered it wasn't that simple. The Union command structure was complex. Grant was with the Union Army of the Potomac for much of the campaign but he was not necessarily exercising command over it, any more than Lincoln was exercising command over the defense of Washington during Early's attack on the city.

Don't take my word for it. Here's what Meade wrote in August 1864, several months into the Overland Campaign. "Have you ever thought that since the first week after Gettysburg, now more than a year, I have never been alluded to in public journals except to abuse and vilify me? And why this is I have never been able to imagine. Grant and Sherman are puffed up in periodicals, but it cannot be argued that either of them has achieved success against a foe remotely comparable to Lee. No other commander has so mauled and baffled the famous Lee, a task which my army continues even now, with Grant taking all the credit of course."

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Crosses protect from vampires ()
Date: January 14, 2020 02:28PM

Liberal cowards Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It’s so funny seeing demtards getting triggered
> over an inanimate object.

Inanimate objects can have a great deal of power. Just look at how hyped up conservatives get when American flags are burned or flown upside down at protests.

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: trumps army of loser incels ()
Date: January 14, 2020 03:12PM

Crosses protect from vampires Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Liberal cowards Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It’s so funny seeing demtards getting
> triggered
> > over an inanimate object.
>
> Inanimate objects can have a great deal of power.
> Just look at how hyped up conservatives get when
> American flags are burned or flown upside down at
> protests.


or people kneeling during the national anthem

or the type of xmas decoration on a starbucks cup

or setting their sneakers on fire because of colin kapernick

Re: Replace "Loser Lee" Statues with Winner Genius Grant Statues
Posted by: Gerry Recons Shit Houses ()
Date: January 14, 2020 03:19PM

trumps army of loser incels Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Crosses protect from vampires Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Liberal cowards Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > It’s so funny seeing demtards getting
> > triggered
> > > over an inanimate object.
> >
> > Inanimate objects can have a great deal of
> power.
> > Just look at how hyped up conservatives get
> when
> > American flags are burned or flown upside down
> at
> > protests.
>
>
> or people kneeling during the national anthem
>
> or the type of xmas decoration on a starbucks cup
>
> or setting their sneakers on fire because of colin
> kapernick

or reconning men taking shits in public restrooms while beating off like Gerry the third world Iranian piece of shit faggot.

This forum powered by Phorum.