HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Dr. Suess fun facts
Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: March 02, 2010 08:46PM

In 1942, Geisel turned his energies to direct support of the U.S. war effort. First, he worked drawing posters for the Treasury Department and the War Production Board. Then, in 1943, he joined the Army and was commander of the Animation Dept of the First Motion Picture Unit of the United States Army Air Forces, where he wrote films that included Your Job in Germany, a 1945 propaganda film about peace in Europe after World War II, Our Job in Japan, and the Private Snafu series of adult army training films. While in the Army, he was awarded the Legion of Merit. Our Job in Japan became the basis for the commercially released film, DESIGN FOR DEATH (1947), a study of Japanese culture that won the Academy Award for Documentary Feature.[

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dr. Suess fun facts
Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: March 02, 2010 08:46PM

mea culpa, i had no idea Dr suess was even affiliated in the army, interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2010 08:49PM by bloody blisters.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: March 02, 2010 09:31PM

He also did one feature film, The 5000 Fingers Of Dr. T. The movie was a semi musical. I would give it 6 out of 10

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: March 02, 2010 09:39PM

i hate musicals. just hearing that much i would give it a 2, and that is being generous.

Edit; i want to be cool too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2010 09:39PM by bloody blisters.

Posted by: LolCatInTheHat ()
Date: March 03, 2010 06:12PM

Dr Seuss was a war propagandist? LOL thats awesome. Did he right the scripts in wacky rhymes with wacky characters depicting how to get off and on a Higgins boat and say the Lorax explaining how to field clean a rifle?

Posted by: Like so ()
Date: March 03, 2010 07:52PM

Political-Cartoons-by-Seuss-dr--seuss-6710527cs.jpgtreed.jpg10515cs.jpg20611cs.jpg21013acs.jpgdr-seuss-fifth-column-1943.jpgseuss-political-cartoon.jpgsuessappease.jpgseus+1.jpg20630cs.jpgdr-seuss.jpg

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.