HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
This Teenager Should Serve as an Inspiration to those that Claim their Disability Makes Them Unemployable
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 03, 2019 12:56AM

https://wtvr.com/2019/04/02/chesterfield-man-with-cerebral-palsy-says-store-manager-denied-him-an-interview/

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va., -- A Chesterfield 19-year-old man with cerebral palsy claimed a store manager denied him a job interview because of his disability.

Since childhood, Chad Lowery has fought to prevent his disability from taking his independence.

The 19-year-old with cerebral palsy graduated from Clover Hill High School in 2018.

"I want to be independent as I possibly can," Lower explained. "I want people to know just because I have a disability doesn’t mean I can’t work."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This Teenager Should Serve as an Inspiration to those that Claim their Disability Makes Them Unemployable
Posted by: Philip ()
Date: February 14, 2020 06:45AM

But there is a problem of discrimination, and I don’t know how to solve it. I am a completely healthy man at the age of 51, too, often get rejected when looking for work. Sometimes it seems to me that this has become the norm in our society. Will Sparta come soon for everyone who is different?

Re: This Teenager Should Serve as an Inspiration to those that Claim their Disability Makes Them Unemployable
Posted by: Jones ()
Date: February 14, 2020 11:48AM

Philip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But there is a problem of discrimination, and I
> don’t know how to solve it. I am a completely
> healthy man at the age of 51, too, often get
> rejected when looking for work. Sometimes it seems
> to me that this has become the norm in our
> society. Will Sparta come soon for everyone who is
> different?

New to this? Are you offended? Well, you understand now part of the atmosphere in which people with disabilities live every day. It can be difficult for me to explain that my mother cannot go for a walk in the park because it brings her pain. She would like to have something like a mobile scooter, click here now. However, this is not the expense that our insurance will cover and time will pass before we buy it. Rejoice that everything is in order from this point of view. I can wish this guy good luck for now.

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.