HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: friendofafriend ()
Date: February 02, 2009 12:04PM

I have a friend who walks out on his bar tabs...what can happen to him after the fact?

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Expensive Jeans ()
Date: February 02, 2009 12:10PM

They'll charge the card and apply a penalty for not closing out the tab.

If its the kind of place where you dont need to put down a card, nothing will happen. Just dont go back to the bar

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: cc ()
Date: February 02, 2009 12:12PM

generally you start a tab with a credit card. even if the bar gives the credit card back after they initially swipe it, they have the credit card number. if someone walks out without closing his/her tab, the bar will charge the card with the tab amount + a large tip.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Otis Campell ()
Date: February 02, 2009 01:46PM

If the charge can't be covered by a credit card the bartender has cover it out of her tips. Bars generally don't report walk outs.

Be aware that most all the local FFX bars have video camera systems installed in them, so he is probably on tape if the bar wanted to follow up.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: he's a thief ()
Date: February 02, 2009 02:25PM

you may want to get better friends. He's a fucking thief.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: thats right ()
Date: February 02, 2009 02:31PM

he's a thief Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you may want to get better friends. He's a
> fucking thief.


seriously.
why goto a bar if you know you cant afford it? stay at home with a 24 pack and save a shitload of moneys
loser

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: February 02, 2009 02:37PM

he's a thief Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you may want to get better friends. He's a
> fucking thief.


Yeah not only will they remember him if he comes back, they'll remember you were with him.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Junes ()
Date: February 02, 2009 02:51PM

he's a thief Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you may want to get better friends.

This just sucks - many bars will will run a tab without a credit card. When a low life skips out on the tab - either in a bar or restaurant, the bar tender or server has to pay the tab.

Rather than find a new friend, contact the bar and give them the name, address and phone number of your "friend" so they can contact him and "encourage" him to settle his bill.

I wouldn't worry too much about what happens to him "after the fact." That's up to the bar manager.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Date: February 02, 2009 03:05PM

friendofafriend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a friend who walks out on his bar
> tabs...what can happen to him after the fact?


If he does it often enough, he is liable to do it at a bar that is "mobbed up." If that happens, this will happen...


Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: dono ()
Date: February 02, 2009 04:23PM

Otis Campell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the charge can't be covered by a credit card
> the bartender has cover it out of her tips. Bars
> generally don't report walk outs.
>
> Be aware that most all the local FFX bars have
> video camera systems installed in them, so he is
> probably on tape if the bar wanted to follow up.

sorry, it is illegal for the employer make the server pay. Period.

On another note, to the poster, your friend is not only a thief, but a real asshole.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: FYI ()
Date: February 02, 2009 04:38PM

friendofafriend Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a friend who walks out on his bar
> tabs...what can happen to him after the fact?


He can be charged w/ 'DEFRAUDING HOTELS/MOTELS <$200', if they call the police and he didn't start a tab w/ a credit card.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Junes ()
Date: February 02, 2009 05:00PM

dono Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> sorry, it is illegal for the employer make the
> server pay. Period.


Are you just making this up or can you back it up with a link?

alot of employers are in vilation of the law.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Junes ()
Date: February 02, 2009 05:01PM

FYI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> He can be charged w/ 'DEFRAUDING HOTELS/MOTELS
> <$200', if they call the police and he didn't
> start a tab w/ a credit card.

First they have to know who he is.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: February 02, 2009 05:04PM

I'll bet it's your "friend." More than likely, you did it yourself recently and want to find out A) if you need to go back and pay that tab so you don't get into trouble, and/or B) if you can keep getting away with it.

Tell your "friend" to either pay for his shit, or steal from a liquor store and stay the fuck at home.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: FYI ()
Date: February 02, 2009 05:05PM

Junes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FYI Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > He can be charged w/ 'DEFRAUDING HOTELS/MOTELS
> > <$200', if they call the police and he didn't
> > start a tab w/ a credit card.
>
> First they have to know who he is.


Well, if he does it on the regular, somebody might recognize him and/or get his plates.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Adam ()
Date: February 02, 2009 05:36PM

99.999% of the time, if the guy comes clean and says he forgot. the Bar tender/owner will be more then happy to forget about the whole thing as long as he pays up.

I've left my credit cards at bars many of times, just sucks you have to pick it up the next day.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: February 02, 2009 06:24PM

I've done it before by accident. I was more into getting this gitl to go home with me and completely forgot to pay. I realized the next morning when I had too much cash in my wallet.

I went to bar when they opened, explained that I thought I had forgot to pay. The bartender was very nice and found my tab. I paid my tab and left a HUGE tip for the bartender. No problem.

s
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: February 02, 2009 06:34PM

s



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 09:10PM by inkahootz.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: February 02, 2009 07:14PM

I think my tip was more like 75%-100%. I was extremely embarrassed by the situation.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: tubby ()
Date: February 02, 2009 07:29PM

Tell your friend not walk out on an IHOP bill in Alexandria.

That can get him a bullet after the fact.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: loser personified ()
Date: February 02, 2009 07:46PM

Expensive Jeans Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> If its the kind of place where you dont need to
> put down a card, nothing will happen. Just dont go
> back to the bar


That's why EJ has been to every single bar and club in the area only once.

Re: IHOP
Posted by: Army-geddon ()
Date: March 31, 2011 04:09AM

inkahootz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been to that IHOP (Honor Guard in Ft. Myer, VA) and your service sucks. That guy should pay his bills, but you shitheads don't deserve any tip. I've gone multiple times and it doesn't take 45 minutes to cook pancakes. That why I stopped going there and started going to Don Pablo's.By the way, I live in Colorado now where IHOP has it's shit together and the people who work there get tipped.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: March 31, 2011 10:21AM

@ Tubby, Great reference!
@ Army-geddon, You missed the reference of a hispanic guy getting shot by a police officer for walking out on his tab. If I remember, the cop was off duty.

Anyhow, Often times at crowded bars that run my card and give it back, I will simply leave if they are super busy and I am ready to go. There is nothing that pisses me off more than a bartender taking 15 minutes to get your tab once they know you are finished dolling out $6-$14 per drink. The places I do this at clearly benefit as I do. I dont clog the bar, slowing down more drinks from being served and at the end of the night, when things are slow, they can close my tab and take their customary 20%.

Its a win-win.

Now if your friend just ditched an open tab, he is a looser. Also, it is indeed illegal to charge employees for lost merchandise, food, drinks damage, whatever. If you feel that your employee was involved then you may press charges and a court date will give the owner their shot at restitution. Any bar owner that were caught forcing a bartender to pay for a walkout would be subject to hefty fines and lawsuits.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Walkout ()
Date: March 31, 2011 10:27AM

JBass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @ Tubby, Great reference!
> @ Army-geddon, You missed the reference of a
> hispanic guy getting shot by a police officer for
> walking out on his tab. If I remember, the cop
> was off duty.
>
> Anyhow, Often times at crowded bars that run my
> card and give it back, I will simply leave if they
> are super busy and I am ready to go. There is
> nothing that pisses me off more than a bartender
> taking 15 minutes to get your tab once they know
> you are finished dolling out $6-$14 per drink.
> The places I do this at clearly benefit as I do.
> I dont clog the bar, slowing down more drinks from
> being served and at the end of the night, when
> things are slow, they can close my tab and take
> their customary 20%.
>
> Its a win-win.
>
> Now if your friend just ditched an open tab, he is
> a looser. Also, it is indeed illegal to charge
> employees for lost merchandise, food, drinks
> damage, whatever. If you feel that your employee
> was involved then you may press charges and a
> court date will give the owner their shot at
> restitution. Any bar owner that were caught
> forcing a bartender to pay for a walkout would be
> subject to hefty fines and lawsuits.

FYI - Some bars will charge a walkout fee of 50%. Depends on the bar.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: March 31, 2011 10:42AM

Yeah, I always check, they will typically have a sign that states what the percentage is.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: March 31, 2011 11:02AM

why the heck would you screw over a place that HAD YOUR CREDIT CARD ON RECORD

I'd charge a $150 dumbass fee just for morons like that

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: March 31, 2011 11:17AM

@ Gordon Blvd.. Who is that directed at? Your posts are barely litterate, at best, as is. Now why would you go and post ambiguous comments that no one knows who they are directed towards? If you owned a bar, why would you want to slow your bartenders down durring a busy time to close a tab? It is more cost effective to slang drinks while the bar is busy, let me leave, then charge me after last call.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: fizzer ()
Date: March 31, 2011 12:38PM

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.... the thread is 2 years old. the OPs friend is probably dead by now by alcoholism.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 31, 2011 01:33PM

fizzer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.... the thread is 2 years
> old. the OPs friend is probably dead by now by
> alcoholism.


Let's hope so....

bar tab
Posted by: Aclchy ()
Date: March 31, 2011 01:51PM

JBass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @ Gordon Blvd.. Who is that directed at? Your
> posts are barely litterate, at best, as is. Now
> why would you go and post ambiguous comments that
> no one knows who they are directed towards? If
> you owned a bar, why would you want to slow your
> bartenders down durring a busy time to close a
> tab? It is more cost effective to slang drinks
> while the bar is busy, let me leave, then charge
> me after last call.

Dude, with today's systems all the bartender needs to do is press two buttons for your tab. You should at least say, Bill check, just add 20% to my card, I'm out of here.

By walking out the bartender doesn't know what to do with your check and in some cases it will go up on "the wall of shame."

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: March 31, 2011 01:59PM

I suppose that is a valid point at a tame establishment. However, I frequent some of the busier places in town and often it takes 10 minutes or more to close a tab. Reference Ri-Ra, Spyder Kellys, Clarendon Grill Ballroom, Whitlows. Honestly, I couldnt care if I get put up on a wall of shame. My booze budget is plenty large enough that I am welcome in watering holes all over this fine area we call NOVA. If a bartender wants to go slow, act like an ass, like they are better than me because they pour drinks at the most recent "hot spot" I just have no time for them.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Bar_Rag ()
Date: March 31, 2011 03:23PM

All this talk is getting me excited for Happy Hour!!
Attachments:
cocktails.jpg

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Bing Hitler ()
Date: April 01, 2011 04:44AM

What bars in Fairfax County do have camera set ups. I noticed Buffalo Wing University in Fairfax City has them all over the place. One reason I stopped going in the place. Fast Eddie's Fairfax has a few but nothing like Buffalo Wing. Haven't noticed cameras in a lot ofthe other bars I've been in do they have the micro sized ones hidden about? How about microphones?

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Gonzo ()
Date: April 01, 2011 08:08AM

JBass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reference Ri-Ra,
> Spyder Kellys, Clarendon Grill Ballroom, Whitlows.
> Honestly, I couldnt care if I get put up on a
> wall of shame. My booze budget is plenty large
> enough that I am welcome in watering holes all
> over this fine area we call NOVA.

Your 3rd sentence indicates that you are perfectly suited to frequent the douchebag magnets mentioned in your 1st sentence.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 01, 2011 08:48AM

JBass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @ Gordon Blvd.. Who is that directed at? Your
> posts are barely litterate, at best, as is. Now
> why would you go and post ambiguous comments that
> no one knows who they are directed towards? If
> you owned a bar, why would you want to slow your
> bartenders down durring a busy time to close a
> tab? It is more cost effective to slang drinks
> while the bar is busy, let me leave, then charge
> me after last call.

Thanks, Aclchy - you pretty much answered this

JBass, you really need to get out more if you care how "litterate" my posts are

ROFLMAO

either way, I'm directing that at stupid ppl who run out on bartabs - which seems to me to be the most stupid thing in the world to do, screw over a bar that a) gave you a good time and b) has yr credit card on record. Sorry I forgot I needed to have to hold yr hand thru everything like that :)

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: April 01, 2011 10:25PM

Walking out is not appropriate, but establishments are forbidden by law to deduct from an employees wages to cover a shortage.

http://www.doli.virginia.gov/laborlaw/laborlaw_faqs_wagep1.html

8.What deductions can be made from an employee's wages?

The only deductions allowed are 1) payroll, wage or withholding taxes, and deductions otherwise authorized by law, and 2) those amounts authorized to be deducted by written and signed authorization of the employee. The authorization must be truly voluntary and not signed as a condition of employment. Virginia Code § 40.1-29(C).

9.Can an employer legally deduct from an employee's wages money to cover damaged equipment or cash register shortages if the employee does not provide a truly voluntary written and signed consent?

No. The Code prohibits an employer from requiring an employee to sign any contract or agreement which provides for the forfeiture of the employee's wages. Virginia Code § 40.1-29(D).

10.Can an employer require an employee, as a condition of employment, to sign an agreement to forfeit any part of his or her wages for items such as breakage or shortages?

No. See Virginia Code § 40.1-29(D).

11.Can an employer be fined for a violation of the payment of wage law?

A civil monetary penalty up to $1,000.00 per violation may be assessed. Each failure to pay properly each employee for each pay period is considered to be a separate violation. A willful violation, or a violation with intent to defraud, constitutes a crime punishable by jail and a fine up to $2,500.00. In addition to being subject to civil monetary penalties and criminal prosecution, any employer who fails to make payment of wages in accordance with the payment of wage law shall be liable for the payment of all wages due plus interest at an annual rate of 8% accruing from the date the wages were due. Virginia Code § 40.1-29.
If these examples have not answered your payment of wage question, submit a question to our Labor and Employment Law Division.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: GMU Hokie ()
Date: April 01, 2011 10:30PM

See my post above and here is a link:

http://www.doli.virginia.gov/laborlaw/laborlaw_faqs_wagep1.html


Junes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dono Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > sorry, it is illegal for the employer make the
> > server pay. Period.
>
>
> Are you just making this up or can you back it up
> with a link?
>
> alot of employers are in vilation of the law.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Cams ()
Date: April 01, 2011 10:58PM

Every bar in Fairfax County has cams, whether you see them or not.

Re: s
Posted by: Peanut ()
Date: April 29, 2011 02:53PM

inkahootz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> s

Your friend is a loser. I am a waitress, and we have to pay for walk outs out of our own pocket. I would much rather put that money away for the kids collage fund than have some low life drink on my dollar. I work hard and deserve to keep my hard earned money. I'd punch your friend to try to knock some sense into him if I could.

Re: s
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: April 29, 2011 03:18PM

Peanut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> inkahootz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > s
>
> Your friend is a loser. I am a waitress, and we
> have to pay for walk outs out of our own pocket.
> I would much rather put that money away for the
> kids collage fund than have some low life drink on
> my dollar. I work hard and deserve to keep my
> hard earned money. I'd punch your friend to try
> to knock some sense into him if I could.


If oy have ever paid a manager or owner for a walkout you should

1) Smack yourself in the face for stupidity
2) Hope it happens again, record the time date, name etc and file a complaint with the VA DOL
3) Thank your lucky stars that you have any gainful employment at all and hope that this is the worst thing someone does to take advantage of you.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: JBASSS ()
Date: April 29, 2011 04:42PM

I suck cock behind the dumpster of Sooooooo Addictive to pay for my drinks. No walking out on tabs for me. Just wiping off. (the cum on my upper lip)

Re: s
Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: April 29, 2011 07:11PM

JBass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> If you have ever paid a manager or owner for a
> walkout you should
>
> 1) Smack yourself in the face for stupidity
> 2) Hope it happens again, record the time date,
> name etc and file a complaint with the VA DOL
> 3) Thank your lucky stars that you have any
> gainful employment at all and hope that this is
> the worst thing someone does to take advantage of
> you.


Can we get some documentation on this? I definitely know of people who had to pay out of their wages for people who dined and dashed, but would like to see something in writing.

Re: s
Posted by: Ut videam ()
Date: April 29, 2011 08:39PM

snowdenscold, read GMU Hokie's post up above.

Re: bar tab
Posted by: rj ()
Date: July 13, 2011 03:25PM

Listen to all you fuckers with your lame ass excusses for walking out on a tab. I am a bartender, and your damn right I will charge you anything that I feel if you walk out on your tab. You ever hear the saying "don't fuck with someone who handles your food or drinks." Think about it ppl, I have your credit card and at this point your at the mercy of the bartender. Pay your fucking tab or catch a bullet while your trying to skip out the door. Bartenders are like elephants.We remember your face and your tab. Just don't do it.

Re: bar tab
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: July 13, 2011 03:30PM

OR, when you overcharge my card and dont have a valid signature, I will claim it as fraud, be reimbursed by my bank and not pay a penny. Your company wont fight it cause the charge is too small to squabble over.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Date: July 13, 2011 03:36PM

Concur with JBass.....Of course, that implies that you have a cc company that will listen. Most do, some do not.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Re: bar tab
Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: July 13, 2011 04:58PM

rj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Listen to all you fuckers with your lame ass
> excusses for walking out on a tab. I am a
> bartender, and your damn right I will charge you
> anything that I feel if you walk out on your tab.
> You ever hear the saying "don't fuck with someone
> who handles your food or drinks." Think about it
> ppl, I have your credit card and at this point
> your at the mercy of the bartender. Pay your
> fucking tab or catch a bullet while your trying to
> skip out the door. Bartenders are like
> elephants.We remember your face and your tab. Just
> don't do it.


If you could remember anything, you'd have remembered not to get such a shitty job, take it out on your customers and then complain about them.

If you have a credit card number from the patron, how the fuck is that walking out on a tab?

It's people like you that have helped me develope my tipping habits. Most time I'll tip up to an equal amount of the bill.

Then someone like you comes along and I don't leave a cent.

Sleep real sound at night too.

Re: bar tab
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: July 13, 2011 05:07PM

rj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Listen to all you fuckers with your lame ass
> excusses for walking out on a tab. I am a
> bartender, and your damn right I will charge you
> anything that I feel if you walk out on your tab.
> You ever hear the saying "don't fuck with someone
> who handles your food or drinks." Think about it
> ppl, I have your credit card and at this point
> your at the mercy of the bartender. Pay your
> fucking tab or catch a bullet while your trying to
> skip out the door. Bartenders are like
> elephants.We remember your face and your tab. Just
> don't do it.


You are the typical asshole bartender, you think you are better than the customer; you look down your nose at us from your throne of bottles. What a fucking joke. If I were in the service industry it would be nothing but yes sir, no sir, Please and thank you. I cant tell you how many times I have not tipped a fucking penny because some cocksucker like you acts like he owns the town because a few sluts flirt with him for free drinks. Guess what, you fucking looser, They dont really like you. And while you are busy talking them up and ignoring my next $50 round, your tip goes down the shitter and at the end of the night you go home alone, tired and stinkin from other peoples fun.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Pj Karl ()
Date: July 13, 2011 05:48PM

You skip on a tab in my establishment, you'll be in crutches for a year. Don't even think about it. I don't care how bad and tough you think you are. Don't do it. You'll end up a memory of a stain on the sidewalk.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Ut videam ()
Date: July 13, 2011 05:53PM

Pj Karl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You skip on a tab in my establishment, you'll be
> in crutches for a year. Don't even think about
> it. I don't care how bad and tough you think you
> are. Don't do it. You'll end up a memory of a
> stain on the sidewalk.

Where's your establishment, you stupid fuck? I bet there are plenty of people who'd take your goons' beating for some free drinks and a few hundred K worth of compensatory and punitive damages.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: July 13, 2011 05:54PM

PJ - I accept. Where can I join you for a drink?

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Pj Karl ()
Date: July 13, 2011 06:00PM

I'm serious. You can talk all the shit you want and try to impress some of your flunky forum buddies. But after all is said and done, you would not be the same person anymore. You'll have a nice set of new tatoos though, something you can impress your punk bitch buttfuck buddies with. Pussy!!

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Ut videam ()
Date: July 13, 2011 06:08PM

I'm serious. Where's your establishment?

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: July 13, 2011 06:14PM

Im as serious as a heart attack. Where you at? I'd love to come have a cocktail. Fucking looser, I'm sure your place is a real shithole.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Pj Karl ()
Date: July 13, 2011 06:23PM

I'm gonna do you and your parrot a favorism. I'm not going to tell you where my club is (out of the kindness of my heart). I'm as human aa the next guy and am sympathetic to kids, retards, and dogs, so remember shitheads, that I've done you a goodness. Remember that and will let it go. Good luck, with your punk attitudes your gonna need it.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: July 13, 2011 06:32PM

Pj Karl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm gonna do you and your parrot a favorism. I'm
> not going to tell you where my club is (out of the
> kindness of my heart). I'm as human aa the next
> guy and am sympathetic to kids, retards, and dogs,
> so remember shitheads, that I've done you a
> goodness. Remember that and will let it go. Good
> luck, with your punk attitudes your gonna need it.


Translation: Yes, I am the pussy I seem to be here hiding behind the internet. I don't really have a place and if I ever did, it went under when I realized that Glory Days was going to pull my franchise. I'm a mean person and you should fear simply the words I type. Because I don't have the balls to give anyone any real information on my current place of employment, Chile's. Besides, all my bad ass bouncers just got their nails done.

Edit: I just notice the the name you chose to grace us with your presence. That wouldn't be Karl of the clan Skidoos would it?

Man..that's rich. Thanks for the laugh.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2011 06:35PM by SoylentGreen.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Pj Karl ()
Date: July 13, 2011 07:29PM

Disregard what I have said.

I like being a tough guy on the internet because I was given one too many wedgies in high school.

I tell people I'm a bartender, but I give blowjobs for $5 behind Whitlows.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Date: July 13, 2011 09:08PM

Did not think there was anything "behind" Whitlows.

I would also like to know where Mr. Tough Guy tends bar.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Your Name ()
Date: July 14, 2011 11:36AM

There's a Karl (Carl?) at Icons.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: July 14, 2011 11:42AM

I called PJ's and there is no Karl that bartends there... Hmmmmm. Will our mystery guest please reveal himself?

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: drunkfuck ()
Date: July 14, 2011 11:48AM

MEEET ME UNDR THE PLAZMA YOU FUCKKKKKER!!!


I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!!!!

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Pj Karl ()
Date: July 14, 2011 04:22PM

Pinhead the Cenobite Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did not think there was anything "behind"
> Whitlows.
>
> I would also like to know where Mr. Tough Guy
> tends bar.


Thank your guardian angel (who's probably a drunk too) that you don't know the my establishments location. Like those other two gaboons I'm doing you a justice by not revealing, on your best day, you would not stand a chance. Let it go, I'm just stating a recognized fact in my place of business. No one walks out on a tab or debt, that includes any gambling action. I bid you peace Pinhead the Needledick.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: July 14, 2011 04:24PM

Gambling Action? What a fucking joke. C'mon man, you gotta be jerkin chains, right?

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Pj Karl ()
Date: July 14, 2011 04:36PM

JBass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gambling Action? What a fucking joke. C'mon man,
> you gotta be jerkin chains, right?


When it comes to cash, I don't joke. I outta here, just one thing man, I'm gone for good, any butt head who uses Pj Karl as a handle in the future is a lame pretender. See you in the funny papers, cumquart!!!!

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Ut videam ()
Date: July 14, 2011 06:23PM

Pj Karl =

watermark.php?file=43136

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: PjKarl ()
Date: July 14, 2011 06:36PM

I worked many hard hours to establish myself and build a concern. People who never had the balls to invest or take a risk will never understand what a person could do to continue and protect that interest. These punks who think their gonna walk into my livelihood, gourge their fat faces and walk out free and gratis, are in for a reality check.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: Pj Karl ()
Date: July 14, 2011 08:35PM

I'm so sorry for being ill-tempered; my boyfriend got me a new buttplug and my asshole is breaking it in. He got me a traffic cone for Christmas and he likes it when I play with it.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: July 14, 2011 08:56PM

PjKarl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I worked many hard hours to establish myself and
> build a concern. People who never had the balls
> to invest or take a risk will never understand
> what a person could do to continue and protect
> that interest. These punks who think their gonna
> walk into my livelihood, gourge their fat faces
> and walk out free and gratis, are in for a reality
> check.


Completely understandable. Business is business. However, threatening beatdowns on the internet will not stop your problem. Even if you gave out your address, it would only invite idiots to try and take advantage of you.

Vigilance is the only answer. You'll never stop them all. Especially the ones that believe themselves pros. But you can build a reputation as a nice place that doesn't put up with dead beats. People (paying people) will accept that long before they will "steal from me and I'll kick your ass............what can I get you?"

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: PjKarl ()
Date: July 15, 2011 11:46AM

SoylentGreen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PjKarl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I worked many hard hours to establish myself
> and
> > build a concern. People who never had the
> balls
> > to invest or take a risk will never understand
> > what a person could do to continue and protect
> > that interest. These punks who think their
> gonna
> > walk into my livelihood, gourge their fat faces
> > and walk out free and gratis, are in for a
> reality
> > check.
>
>
> Completely understandable. Business is business.
> However, threatening beatdowns on the internet
> will not stop your problem. Even if you gave out
> your address, it would only invite idiots to try
> and take advantage of you.
>
> Vigilance is the only answer. You'll never stop
> them all. Especially the ones that believe
> themselves pros. But you can build a reputation
> as a nice place that doesn't put up with dead
> beats. People (paying people) will accept that
> long before they will "steal from me and I'll kick
> your ass............what can I get you?"


What you say is indeed true, and I'm the first to avoid a serious physical confrontation. Those days are over. But I will react to protect the following 1. Loved ones, 2. Self 3. Country 4. Business. I'm not worried about anyone who would try to take advantage of me. Good Luck, your going to need it. But beware and be sure to bring an army. Anyways such is life.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: July 15, 2011 02:12PM

Pj Karl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm gonna do you and your parrot a favorism. I'm
> not going to tell you where my club is (out of the
> kindness of my heart). I'm as human aa the next
> guy and am sympathetic to kids, retards, and dogs,
> so remember shitheads, that I've done you a
> goodness
. Remember that and will let it go. Good
> luck, with your punk attitudes your gonna need it.

I love it.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: July 15, 2011 02:19PM

I cant get over this guy. What makes you so cocky? So you are a sleazy, bookie club owner. Big deal. In this town that makes you completely not special in any way shape sort or form. Tough guy? Who do you think you are Vin Diezel.

Id venture to say you have dabbled with roids, most likely for some time now; that and the near nightly cocaine are really gonna do a number on your body. Mix that in with the drinking and the late night lifestyle and the only ass you are kicking is your own.

You work in hospitality. That makes you my bitch. Either, you have a decent club or bar and Ive been there before you your shithole lounge doesnt register high enough on my social scale for me to bless you with my presence. You should beg me to patronize your establishment. Either way, you work for me or some other schmuck. Get off your horse, stop the drugs and for gods sake dont bang the waitresses, its bad for business.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: sophistiCat ()
Date: July 15, 2011 02:31PM

JBass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> You work in hospitality. That makes you my bitch.
> Either, you have a decent club or bar and Ive
> been there before you your shithole lounge doesnt
> register high enough on my social scale for me to
> bless you with my presence. You should beg me to
> patronize your establishment.
Attachments:
sophisticat.jpg

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: PjKarl ()
Date: July 15, 2011 03:32PM

JBass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I cant get over this guy. What makes you so
> cocky? So you are a sleazy, bookie club owner.
> Big deal. In this town that makes you completely
> not special in any way shape sort or form. Tough
> guy? Who do you think you are Vin Diezel.
>
> Id venture to say you have dabbled with roids,
> most likely for some time now; that and the near
> nightly cocaine are really gonna do a number on
> your body. Mix that in with the drinking and the
> late night lifestyle and the only ass you are
> kicking is your own.
>
> You work in hospitality. That makes you my bitch.
> Either, you have a decent club or bar and Ive
> been there before you your shithole lounge doesnt
> register high enough on my social scale for me to
> bless you with my presence. You should beg me to
> patronize your establishment. Either way, you
> work for me or some other schmuck. Get off your
> horse, stop the drugs and for gods sake dont bang
> the waitresses, its bad for business.


Thanks but no thanks. Don't do me any favors. I do my best to keep the riff-raff out I don't need your money that bad. Like the man said "business is business", but even that has it's limitations. Freeloaders and guys looking for a free meal and drink are something I can do without. I bid you good luck!!

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: sophistiCATed restauranteur ()
Date: July 15, 2011 03:37PM

PjKarl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I do my best to keep the riff-raff out I don't need
> your money
Attachments:
sophisticat.jpg

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: July 15, 2011 03:42PM

Clearly, you never read my original posts. What I contributed to this thread was that if a bar runs my card and gives it back right away, was a sign saying they will charge 20% gratuity for tabs not closed, that it is advantageous for me and the bartenders to simply let them close it at the end of the night and take their 20%. I will not be there clogging the bar, waiving down a busy bartender during crunch time; the next guy can belly up and get his drink just that much quicker; your sales increase.

Seems to be a win-win-win-win to me. But fuck-it, Tis just my 2 cents.

Oh, and I can assure you that bartenders, managers and owners faces light up when my pack and I roll into our regular spots. Top-Shelf drinks and Dimes all night long. As a business owner, you should certainly want my business.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: sophisticrap ()
Date: July 15, 2011 03:45PM

JBass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Oh, and I can assure you that bartenders, managers
> and owners faces light up when my pack and I roll
> into our regular spots. Top-Shelf drinks and
> Dimes all night long.
Attachments:
sophisticat.jpg

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: PjKarl ()
Date: July 15, 2011 03:47PM

You have a valid point and your reasoning (in my opinion) is sound. Let's leave it at that.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: PjKarl ()
Date: July 15, 2011 03:51PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pj Karl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm gonna do you and your parrot a favorism.
> I'm
> > not going to tell you where my club is (out of
> the
> > kindness of my heart). I'm as human aa the
> next
> > guy and am sympathetic to kids, retards, and
> dogs,
> > so remember shitheads, that I've done you a
> > goodness. Remember that and will let it go.
> Good
> > luck, with your punk attitudes your gonna need
> it.
>
> I love it.


I'm a product of the Bronx. Tough, if I don't measure up to your level of sophistication.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: JBass ()
Date: July 15, 2011 03:51PM

Fair enough, Fair enough.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: A friend ()
Date: July 15, 2011 06:49PM

PjKarl, I know you, you're that guy who used to work in the Tombs, that prison in Manhatten for about 20 years. HOW THE HELL ARE YOU? See you soon. L.N.V

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: July 15, 2011 08:07PM

PjKarl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm a product of the Bronx. Tough, if I don't
> measure up to your level of sophistication.


If you're making money, what difference does sophistication make?

Although no one expects you to maintain that macho bullshit the Bronx is known for but hardly feared these days.

Re: walking out on bar tabs
Posted by: NO NAME ()
Date: March 07, 2012 06:11PM

Ok here is the truth about bar tabs, and the real truth.

You can not be arrested for running out on a bar tab, even if you give them your credit card, and the charge does not go through.

Reason is, when you give them that credit card to do a pre authorization, you are buying drinks on credit. i don't mean credit card, i mean credit.

It is the way the system is setup. If the bar owner choose to only pre authorize your card for $1, and at the end of the night you leave and owe them $75 in drinks, well that's the bar's fault. They can't arrest you especially if you give them your card, with your real name on it. This is a problem in the bar industry. So if you then just go to your bank and say you can't remember where you misplaced your card, which a truly drunk person could forget, then you can't get in trouble.

The bar gave you the drinks on a short term credit agreement that the money would be there. This is why mcdonalds ask for there money up front before you get your food. They are not idiots. Imagine if mcdonalds gave you the food first and then people were suppose to pay at the next window. They would have to call the cops 10 times a day.

I'm not suggesting people not pay there bar tabs, but I am stating the truth of how this works. Especially if you are in a busy bar, or club, do you really think that if you return 1 month later that they are going to remember you when they have thousands of customers a month?

It is what it is, just don't be a cheap ass, pay for your drinks. The only reason bars will look into who ran out on the tab is if the bill is like over $250, but if it's like $40 bucks in beers they not gonna give a shit depending on the size of the establishment and how much traffic they get.

This forum powered by Phorum.