HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
While You Were Sleeping....
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: August 13, 2008 04:26PM

The Bush administration has consistently opposed providing funding for international birth control programs, but until now has not tried to limit the use of contraceptives inside the United States.

That could change in the president's final months in office. Health and Human Services officials are considering a draft regulation that would classify most birth control pills, the Plan B emergency contraceptive and intrauterine devices as forms of abortion because they prevent the development of fertilized eggs into fetuses.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/editorial/5935532.html

Re: While You Were Sleeping....
Posted by: Indeed ()
Date: August 13, 2008 04:32PM

.....Barack Obama slammed the President for consistently opposing funding for international birth control programs, but by the time you got out of bed he was supporting the President ala telecom immunity........

Date: August 13, 2008 04:37PM

Obama isnt perfect....but he shines over bush and McSame...put together!

Date: August 13, 2008 04:40PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Obama isnt perfect....but he shines over bush and
> McSame...put together!

What exactly is Obama? Seriously?

Date: August 13, 2008 04:43PM

Indeed Wrote:
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Obama isnt perfect....but he shines over bush
> and
> > McSame...put together!
>
>
> What exactly is Obama? Seriously?

Why dont you post your question on a new thread? That isnt exactly what this thread is about...is it?

Date: August 13, 2008 04:50PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> Indeed Wrote:
> -----
> > Vince(1) Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Obama isnt perfect....but he shines over bush
> > and
> > > McSame...put together!
> >
> >
> > What exactly is Obama? Seriously?
>
>
> Why dont you post your question on a new thread?
> That isnt exactly what this thread is about...is
> it?

Vince, don't get high and might now. You've skewed more than a few threads in your time? Besides, your post mentions the candidates. Specifically -- "Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has signed a letter of protest written by a group of U.S. senators. (Republican candidate John McCain has not taken a position.)" So, in conclusion, I think it is what this thread is about. In answering my question, you could have simply said that Obama is protesting the planned rule and that is what he stands for. I understand your dilemna though. You can't really say that because he might change his mind next week. Hillary will always protect the health of women!

Date: August 13, 2008 09:24PM

My initial posting did not mention any of the current candidate for president. Perhaps the article did..I did not! Im afraid if any one waits until the elections to express their outrage on this proposed rule.it will be too late. So any reference to a current candidate is off topic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2008 09:25PM by Vince(1).

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: August 14, 2008 12:22AM

Ok, Let me address IUDs because they are more "traditional". Any foriegn matter placed in a ceretain place wimm most likely prevent a pregnanc. That is basically what an IUD does. I am oversimplifing - but that is th jist of ot.

In Biblical Times, women would use pebbles strategically placed, in hopes of preenting a pregnancy . So IUDs go back to biblical times, Mr. Christian Fearless Leader..

For those of us who have lived in the washington, DC area all our lives, know that administrations come and go, but staff of government agencies generally stay the same. Our current administration has made a point of placing key people in positions that will cary on his mandate long after he is gone. This is just another one of those instances.

Date: August 14, 2008 12:02PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> My initial posting did not mention any of the
> current candidate for president. Perhaps the
> article did..I did not! Im afraid if any one
> waits until the elections to express their outrage
> on this proposed rule.it will be too late. So any
> reference to a current candidate is off topic.

Even if the two major candidates are both US Senators who have the power to legislatively stop this?

This forum powered by Phorum.