HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Concrete Markers On Trail Near Soapstone
Posted by: jettaman ()
Date: March 13, 2013 09:14AM

Does anyone know what it is? There are about 5 bunched at the end of the trail near Soapstone.

It's not a trail marker. They're too close together and don't look like any of the other markers I've seen on other Reston trails.

I did a Google image search with it, and it found nothing. Thought it might have been a character from Hebrew/Cyrillic/Arabic script. I even thought it might have been a letter from the fictional Star Trek language, Klingon.

Any other ideas?
Attachments:
reston trail marker.jpg

Re: Concrete Markers On Trail Near Soapstone
Posted by: Jennifer Talwarts ()
Date: March 18, 2013 04:51PM

They're actually Reston Association property markers. That weird symbol is supposed to be an "R" (as in Reston).

Posted by: Trails ()
Date: March 22, 2013 02:31PM

Which trail are you referring to? Near Hunter Mill, near 7-11, near golf course?

Posted by: jettaman ()
Date: March 25, 2013 11:50AM

Near 7-11.

I've seen similar concrete markers that haven't been painted that look really new, too. Those are on the side of the trail nearest South Lakes Drive...

Posted by: Reston trail marker man ()
Date: April 05, 2013 11:52AM

The new ones are plastic and say RA. Not so classy.

Posted by: JJJ ()
Date: April 11, 2013 02:24PM

When I was little I thought they were meant to mark a horse trail, and that they were sort of a warning to watch where you were stepping.

Posted by: JJJ ()
Date: April 11, 2013 02:25PM

(I thought part of a horse was depicted).

This forum powered by Phorum.