HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123All
Current Page: 3 of 3
VASAP money trap and kinda "Case Managers"
Posted by: LANDOVER LEGEND!!! ()
Date: May 29, 2013 08:04PM

Class isnt that bad you hear lots of interesting stories its the CASE MANAGERS that want to keep you as if they get commission!!!!!!!! I got extended for trying drive the next day my interlock registered a .04 but thing is shouldnt it be prevent you from drunk driving??? not monitor your activity. Who know what they will blow the next day......its amazing and seems like a loop they keep you in so I went and bout a machine so i could test before i drive. They violated me 8 times and the day i called to gwet it out my "CASE MANAGER" said i had 8 violations and court date on the following friday which i didnt get any notification in the mail!!! VA IS WILD I TELL you and I hate workers on law should have some type of compassion or morale testing before they take control of anothers life! "CASE MANAGER" my ASS!!!!! 5days in jail, 2months of class and 2 months o community service 1st offense! year and half ago when they werent going so hard! I blew .15 cause I had just left the bar that could have easily been one drink- i have a tester and I know how it works been playing around with it!!!! Liek they want you to fail so you can have 6 months added....Told me I signed the papers yeah I was scared as fuck with lawyer threatening jail!!!! WTF

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VASAP money trap and kinda "Case Managers"
Posted by: Bob Chase ()
Date: May 29, 2013 08:07PM

LANDOVER LEGEND!!! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Class isnt that bad you hear lots of interesting
> stories its the CASE MANAGERS that want to keep
> you as if they get commission!!!!!!!! I got
> extended for trying drive the next day my
> interlock registered a .04 but thing is shouldnt
> it be prevent you from drunk driving??? not
> monitor your activity. Who know what they will
> blow the next day......its amazing and seems like
> a loop they keep you in so I went and bout a
> machine so i could test before i drive. They
> violated me 8 times and the day i called to gwet
> it out my "CASE MANAGER" said i had 8 violations
> and court date on the following friday which i
> didnt get any notification in the mail!!! VA IS
> WILD I TELL you and I hate workers on law should
> have some type of compassion or morale testing
> before they take control of anothers life! "CASE
> MANAGER" my ASS!!!!! 5days in jail, 2months of
> class and 2 months o community service 1st
> offense! year and half ago when they werent going
> so hard! I blew .15 cause I had just left the bar
> that could have easily been one drink- i have a
> tester and I know how it works been playing around
> with it!!!! Liek they want you to fail so you can
> have 6 months added....Told me I signed the papers
> yeah I was scared as fuck with lawyer threatening
> jail!!!! WTF

When you are on probation you are not allowed to drink AT ALL. So you go and drink and then blow into the machine? Not very smart is it?

Re: VASAP class
Posted by: WTH ()
Date: June 05, 2013 09:48PM

My case manager tried to take a nap during my intake. I finished singing my paperwork, looked up and she had her eyes closed. I cleared my throat (loudly) and she didn't open her eyes! I finally said "I'm finished!" and that woke her up. Amazing.....

Posted by: w ()
Date: June 19, 2013 03:59PM

lol you shoulda asked her if she had a little too much to drink last night

Posted by: Wilbertson ()
Date: October 21, 2013 09:06PM

Got a letter saying that I gotta show up for a case review in a couple of days ........any ideas what it is

Posted by: techhhhh ()
Date: November 15, 2013 04:42PM

I recently got a small possession charge and now I'm having to go through the christiansburg vasap program. I met with my intake person today and they gave me two testing dates. The first one is a little over two months from now and the second one is two months from the first one. However, my classes for the vasap don't start until a month after my first test, so that 3 months from now. However, I do know that I'm subject to random testing. Would they randomly drug test me before I have my first scheduled test and even before the actual class begins??

Posted by: Lindsay g ()
Date: November 22, 2013 06:11PM

Hey. I got sentenced to one year vasap probation for a DUI. I finished my classes. I only got tested once for my intake. I have been in this for six months now. They said they would send me a letter for a urine test date. But I think I saw my po see me buying a red bull on a Friday. I was not sure if it was her. Is there concern for worry. I signed a paper saying I wouldn't consume energy drinks. Would a po confront you about something like that? Or would they call me Monday? Please help any info would be helpful!

Re: christiansburg office
Posted by: tech2 ()
Date: January 23, 2014 07:26PM

I am worried about the same thing that techhhhh is above. anyone know anything about guidelines for random testing at the christiansburg office?

Re: christiansburg office
Posted by: Perspective.get.some ()
Date: January 23, 2014 11:01PM

Bitching and moaning about probation rather than being incarcerated?

Really?

I'm sure someone can fix that for you.

Posted by: chumps in ASAP ()
Date: January 24, 2014 11:07AM

Always funny to hear ASAP tales as I sit and smoke by bong, funny to see the chumps get locked up on the side of the road, then later spending thousands on legal fees only to get shit on my a Judge and get 12 months ASAP and probation and the vehicle interlock....the interlock device is for total chumps, could you imagine going on a date with a guy or girl and they have this device in their car LOL. Anyway thanks for the rant, but I always find it funny to see these chumps get arrested and booked LOL

Posted by: wow'd! ()
Date: February 07, 2014 01:53PM

Where does the money go??? They have commision reports and a budget yet nothing on the amounts collected by each agency each month and just where it is all going...that should be avaliable to the general public since we are spending so friakin much on it...right? It is sort of a table of ethics they seem not wanting to invite us to....heck, i don't want to eat with the bas-terds...i just want to know where all the crums are going. ya know?

Posted by: going soon ()
Date: February 28, 2014 04:49PM

do they drug test at intake in Fredericksburg?

Posted by: Niiiiigera ()
Date: March 20, 2014 08:11PM

Lmao

Posted by: Bonnie ()
Date: April 12, 2014 11:06PM

..yeah I understand Public Safety and all but why was I told by the attys I hired I could use my own medical insurance for the screenings and counseling. No correspondence on this at all. $350 for an Orientation then $700 for counselling.

I would like to know how much Fairfax County makes a year off this program. FOIA request.

Posted by: inDUIhell ()
Date: April 23, 2014 09:48PM

I just returned from my first ASAP class in Prince William County. It wasn't that bad. I was surprised that they did not breathalyze or give folks a urine screen.

Posted by: RVA_DUI_Questions ()
Date: April 30, 2014 12:26AM

I got convicted for my first (and will be my only) DUI in March. Making payments for ASAP; $50 every two weeks. Blew .089. Mentioned that I smoked weed (wasn't sure I'd pass a drug test and thought I'd be given one that day); told them 2 months. I get sent to "treatment evaluation". Passed my drug test at the treatment/counseling center, but they wanted me to take treatment classes at $40 bucks a class, 2 a week for 16 weeks. they told my insurance may take it, but I'm not sure if it will (I just got insurance because of Obamacare, and it doesn't even take effect until May 1st). I can't afford it. I lost my job because of the DUI and am barely getting by. I a told I get to have a second opinion, so I'm going to see my case worker later this week. I talked to my lawyer, seems if I get sent back to court because I can't pay, I won't go to jail (which is what I'm most scared of) but just won't get my license back.

My questions are: Has anyone ever been for evaluation and not had to got to treatment? Will the second opinion make a difference? What information does the caseworker get from the treatment place; can I lie my ass off during the second evaluation and not have to go to treatment? Are there any treatment evaluation places that are more lenient/easy/ghetto/cheaper that are "approved" that anyone knows about? I'm in Henrico county, but need a place that is on the bus line.

At this piont, I don't care about my license anymore. I cannot afford treatment, don't need treatment, and if I'm forced to pay for it, I might end up on the street. This whole thing is just a racket to get your money. I know what I did wrong, and am not saying some punishment/fines are not warrented. But they're trying to wring me dry, and threatening sending me back to court to get me to pay more. At least I know if I piss clean, I probably won't go to jail. My biggest mistake (besides the DUI) was mentioning that I smoked.

Posted by: Linda ()
Date: May 05, 2014 11:55AM

My experience thus far has been descent, or as descent as it can be. The monetary aspect is the killer. I received 1 yr restricted lic, six months interlock, 10 asap classes, 4 AA classes, and one class where MADD mets at the courthouse to discuss drinking and drive. So far, I am five meetings in with VASAP, One AA meeting in also. To date, I have not been tested in any way or form. I'm at Bull Run, not Fairfax. The people their (with exception to one) treat you with respect, and realize we did a horrible thing but aren't perfect people. They are more interested in getting us more educated than most ASAP's I've heard of thus far. I will say I've attempted to reach my PO (which in case you don't know is the same as your case manager) but unfortunately can never get a return call back. I've called three times, no response. I ended up asking the receptionist for each question and she was able to help me. Note: on the interlock. I've had it on a little over a month. A week ago, it kept telling me to check the mouthpiece but nothing was wrong. I called them, and they gave me an emergency code for one hour to get the car to them right then. This is Draeggar (spell?). I got there, and they just switched me out with another one. Draeggar seems to be very helpful this far in the juncture. Will keep you posted! Oh, and at intake, Bull Run does not test; infact I was told they aren't even equip to test on the actual office. Now, they can at anytime during the asap classes, and I was definitely told this as well.

Posted by: Linda ()
Date: May 05, 2014 12:01PM

First...I feel your pain! Second, I wouldn't "lie" on the second eval, because they will have access to the first eval and it would be even worse for you. Third, my suggestion is you make sure they are aware you lost your job due to the DUI, and that basic needs are barely being met. Ask them if you could do one meeting every two weeks instead of two every week for sixteen weeks. Obviously it would take longer...but it would be 80 a month total instead of 80 a week..might be worth a try, and it shows effort on your part..just a thought.

Posted by: ddd ()
Date: May 05, 2014 02:27PM

LIE LIE LIE!!! if they ask you if you smoke weed you say NO...if they ask you if you drink on the regular you say NO. ASAP is looking for anyway to make extra money off of you. If you answer yes to any of their questions they try to put you in a program $$$$$$$

Posted by: bK963 ()
Date: May 05, 2014 05:00PM

More government in our lives.

Thanks, Democrats.

Posted by: Alcjool ()
Date: May 05, 2014 11:23PM

Bet u

Posted by: Pam ()
Date: June 16, 2014 08:51PM

Has anyone taking asap class recently ..do you get a drug screening here

Posted by: You might not pass ()
Date: June 16, 2014 08:58PM

Pam Wrote:
> Has anyone taking asap class recently ..do you get
> a drug screening here

Are you on drugs now? You write like a crack head.

Posted by: Sami ()
Date: August 21, 2014 05:36PM

Are the classes after hrs (after work)?

Posted by: Brit ()
Date: August 30, 2014 12:31AM

Help from anybody that taken ASAP!

I miss my first class for fairfax (not intake interview) and was wondering if I'm going to be called to court for this. I tried contacting my po and couldn't get hold of him. I'm going to try to go into his office as soon as I can to talk to him but I'm a bit nervous about the outcome of this incident. What should I expect? Thanks in advance

Posted by: tapped out ()
Date: August 30, 2014 07:42PM

Had a DUI with high BAC.

Sentenced to 1 year in jail (all suspended except the mandatory 10 days that I have served). $2500 fine, $2000 of it suspended. And, of course VASAP and ignition interlock.

Started VASAP but, because I lost my job because of this DUI, it is clear that I will lack the funds to continue. No car or job now, so I don't need or want a restricted drivers license.

I imagine that VASAP will send me back to court, which will re-instate the suspended parts of my sentence. I have no problem serving the 355 days in jail, but what about the $2000 fine? It might as well be $2,000,000. Will they add jail time for the unpaid fine? If so, how much? I figure they have to let me out of jail eventually, right?

I don't have anybody else to ask, so any serious responses are appreciated.

Posted by: tapped im ()
Date: August 30, 2014 09:03PM

explain your financial situation to ASAP, there are alot of people that cant afford it, ask them what your options are.

Posted by: Maria ()
Date: August 30, 2014 11:15PM

Do offer vasap in spanish? Or I just attend and sit there?

Posted by: EspaƱol ()
Date: August 31, 2014 08:09AM

It's available in Spanish.

Posted by: I know stuff ()
Date: August 31, 2014 08:13AM

If you'd rather do the jail time over ASAP just file a motion and ask the judge to revoke asap. The catch is, a. You go to jail, and b. whenever you do get your situation sorted and want your license back, DMV will still require ASAP and ignition interlock.

Posted by: Lalala ()
Date: August 31, 2014 08:16AM

Brit, if it was your first class, you're automatically dropped from classes. Go in, tell your po you missed it and then there's a $25 reschedule fee to set you up in a different class.

Posted by: Help for all ()
Date: August 31, 2014 08:26AM

Here's the ASAP rundown. You do your orientation and get breathalyzed. Someone talks to you about your situation and makes a classification- education, intensive education, or treatment.
Education - 10 ASAP classes and no abstinence agreement
Intensive education- 10 ASAP classes and you sign the abstinence agreement saying you will not drink or use drugs for your whole probation.
Treatment- you get a formal substance abuse evaluation at a facility and they make the determination- needs or doesn't need treatment. If you don't need treatment, you get reclassified as intensive education. If you need treatment, the provider coordinates that with you and you do that and 4 ASAP classes.
Always be honest because they often know your information before you get there and ask a lot of questions just to gauge your honesty. They can drug test you at any point. It's not done at the office, but at inova. You will pay the fee for that. You can also be breathalyzed at anytime.
Getting sent back to court is based on your officer, your judge, and ASAP policies. Po's usually ask for an extension of probation so that you have time to complete your requirements and can successfully complete the program. Revocation from ASAP means that you get your suspended jail time, fines, and then have to do asap later.

Posted by: VictorFairfaxDUI ()
Date: November 12, 2014 11:12PM

At the Fairfax VASAP location, do they urine test you on day 1 and if so do they search you before taking the test?

Whoever can answer please let me know.

Posted by: Donald1 ()
Date: December 21, 2014 05:49PM

Just an fyi, I've been through the ASAP program (Richmond),completed the 10 classes, got my interlock removed, and have 5 months left on my restricted license.
I asked my case manager, "what would be considered an ASAP violation?" at this point, and he said..."if you drink, and if you test positive via a random drug screen".
I think anyone who thinks that once you finish your ASAP class, you're free and clear of random testing, well, you may be just kidding yourself.

Posted by: cody ()
Date: January 29, 2015 05:25PM

I in vasap I like to smoke pot. could they pop a randon? iv heard if ur there for a dui no just breath testing

Posted by: Lyn ()
Date: February 12, 2015 01:02PM

Does any one have a copy of their completion letter from ASAP I can see to see what I need to get from them?

Posted by: Cynthia ()
Date: May 07, 2015 11:34AM

Do they do urine testing at ASAP classes at the Northern Neck Regional Jail in Warsaw, VA? Also, my interlock device will be removed before I start classes. Will I still be able to drive under my restricted license?

Posted by: restricted ()
Date: May 07, 2015 12:01PM

Can anyone tell me what to expect after my 10 VASAP classes are finished? I went to court this past February where I was given the 10 VASAP classes, breathalyzer in my car until September (6 months after having it installed in March), and a restricted license for a year (Feb '16). I've yet to do any drug tests, even for the intake interview, nor I have I blown into a single breathalyzer other than the one in my car. Ill be halfway through VASAP classes next week. Thanks

Posted by: wow1 ()
Date: July 27, 2015 04:21PM

hahahhaha youre the one on this site!!!! bahahaha

Posted by: me2 ()
Date: August 14, 2015 10:14PM

Went to bullrun ASAP after attending one meeting was told through mail i had to go to a case review.After beign told i was free to go he called me back and pissed tested me.I know i was dirty as shit.That is what i get for listening to the jailhouse lawyer that told me they do not piss test u when u are on misdemenor probation.Already did 17 days in Loudoun county.They do not even let u d sleep.
Lights are never fully turned off.Is freaking torture.They are so freaking harsh
In this freaking state.Land of the free my ass!

Posted by: rrrrccc ()
Date: August 18, 2015 02:37PM

They only do breathalyzer at ASAP no drug test..If you have to do counseling they will do a drug test. LIE LIE LIE at your intake do not tell them you do drugs and say you only drink at special ocasions. If you tell them you do 420, drink etc they will put you in counseling. You do not want counseling big $$$$.

1.5 Million people get arrested for DUI in the US per year..ASAP alone is $500 per pop. Where does all that money go?

Posted by: CelticCross74 ()
Date: August 29, 2015 11:32PM

My DUI was in 2007. Blew a .26 in Ffx Co. and got nailed to the wall. VASAP? Of course. Hell yes they handed out breathalyzyers at all the ASAP meetings I went to. My biggest mistake was being totally honest about my drug and drinking history. I wasnt smoking at the time but got VASAP as well as ADS. Mandatory 4 days a week 10am-2pm. My licence was revoked until I completed BOTH VASAP and ADS. VASAP was a cinch. ADS on the other hand was hell on earth. Miss ONE ADS class and go to jail. I lost my job and had to commute hours each way from Alexandria to Fairfax.

Counseling my ass. Only one of the counselors was legally qualified to even be there. The other counselors were college students with psych majors that somehow were allowed to half ass counsel us. It was a nightmare. The legally qualified counselor was not even there half the time. All they did was force you to talk about your addictions and what a POS you were. There was zero structure to the "program" no one ever laid out what you were expected to do in order to fulfill and complete the program.

They only let you out of the program whenever the head counselor "felt you were ready". All the program did was ensure relapse. I remember one guy being forced to talk about how big of a POS he was for being addicted to crack at 40 years old. He committed suicide later that night.

Some were able to work over the totally unqualified student counselors and were done and out in 3 months. I was there for 13 months until they were satisified with the amount of psy op torture they got out of me. Many couldnt handle the force you to talk about what a POS you were to end up there and tried to skip town one even fled the country. Keep in mind I got popped for driving under the influence of alcohol. I had no illegal drugs on me or in me yet ended up in this psy op run by flunkies hell anyways.

Got piss tested weekly sometimes twice a week. Random as well. Passed them all yet was still forced to do ADS for 13 months anyways. The ADS psychiatrist was a sadist only there to collect fat county checks and remind you that you were a POS.

The only good thing that came out of this sick state sponsored torture program is that I had to go to 12 AA meetings. By the grace of god I have stuck with AA. I got very lucky in finding one amazing AA group. I dont want to even see a beer let alone drink one. The AA program works in keeping the psychology of addiction in check as long as you are willing to accept it.

I understand having had to go to ASAP. But I am here to tell you that at any "intake" evaluation LIE YOUR ASS OFF. You think VASAP is bad ADS is 1000 times worse and should be either privatized and run by actual professionals or ended and dismantled. Whatever you do drink, dope drink and dope and need to go somewhere TAKE THE FING BUS! Get a ride, call a cab do NOT get behind the wheel and risk getting busted it just isnt worth it. If you know a way to get to where you need to go that avoids main routes fing WALK even if its miles.

Posted by: Lawrence ()
Date: October 19, 2015 10:40PM

Donald1,
You said you enrolled in the Richmond Vasap, can you give me some insight on what to expect? Specifically, the amount of meetings you had with your case manager and the random urine tests. Once you finish your classes you are still subjected to these random test or no?

Posted by: Cantgetitright ()
Date: October 28, 2015 10:16AM

Can Anyone walk me through what happens if you fail the interlock in Alexandria?

Posted by: 2014r6 ()
Date: November 30, 2015 09:57PM

I'm looking for info on VASAP in central VA. I have finished all requirements and was wondering if anyone has had a case review or have been required to submit to a random drug/alcohol screen and if so how was the method of contact. Unlike most people not i'm looking for info to beat u/a screenings etc. I have spoken with my case manager once and that was six months ago. He was very vague and said "if he needed me would send a letter"...again very vague. Any info would be much appreciated.

Posted by: The Cops ()
Date: December 01, 2015 01:36AM

haha glad to hear it is so miserable for you shitheads after I bust you on minor possession and other nonsense.

Posted by: not the cops ()
Date: December 01, 2015 07:43AM

The Cops Wrote:
> haha glad to hear it is so miserable for you
> shitheads after I bust you on minor possession and
> other nonsense.

Fuck you.

Posted by: Sheriffs Dept ()
Date: December 01, 2015 07:58AM

Easy tough guy

Re: VASAP class-intake screen
Posted by: Big Mike ()
Date: December 17, 2015 03:02PM

What advice can you give for passing the initial intake drug screen for THC? I have a week, almost a daily user.

Posted by: uhoh ()
Date: December 17, 2015 03:17PM

You probably wont get clean. Say you were on vacation in Colorado or make up some BS excuse about why you were somewhere where pot is legal. That wont help much but its all you can do.

Posted by: I hate Vasap ()
Date: February 28, 2016 06:06PM

Does anyone know if the vasap in christiansburg stopped using urine test? I got called in for a random test and it was a mouth swab, just wondering if it will be like this for every test. If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated!

Re: VASAP class-intake screen
Posted by: Roll up a fatty ()
Date: March 27, 2016 12:12PM

Big Mike Wrote:
> What advice can you give for passing the initial
> intake drug screen for THC? I have a week, almost
> a daily user.

Go ahead and smoke up before you piss. At this point you have nothing to lose.

Posted by: Vasap ()
Date: April 13, 2016 05:07PM

Even though were vasap probation is a year, has anyone ever actually been asked to come in for a drug screen AFTER the 10 week classes? They say its possible but has it actually happened to anyone on here?

Posted by: Donewithasap ()
Date: May 03, 2016 06:23PM

I finished probation on 1-15-16 and finished classes back in November. They never called me in for a drug/alcohol test. I was convicted of a DUI (first offense)...btw this was in Chesterfield VA. Hope that helps.

Posted by: FML2016 ()
Date: May 05, 2016 04:03PM

This forum has really helped me figure out what was going to happen so I want to return the favor. It's been frustrating trying to get any official information regarding this entire process.

This all happened at the Fairfax ASAP.

Something that I wish I had known: If you don't live in FFX, they ask when you check in with the receptionist if you want to transfer to a closer ASAP. If you say yes, they will give you only part of the questionnaire, take you out into the hall to breathalyze you, then tell you that you can leave and make an appointment for the assessment at your local ASAP. Because I had already taken the morning off and didn't want to do it again, I chose to stay at the FFX ASAP. If you are not a FFX resident, they will make you sign a form that says you will pay for your own treatment. I have insurance that would have covered it if I was assigned treatment so I signed it and stayed.

- 1st offense DUI, no prior arrests for anything, no traffic violations of any kind, +5 DMV record.
- No official BAC - I was hyperventilating and unable to blow an adequate sample at the station so got charged with refusal which was later dropped.

At Intake they had me fill out a questionnaire about drinking and drug use history and a MAST assessment. Signed a Conditions of Probation and Participant Agreement which has all the terms of your probation. Here's a link to an online MAST. Exact same questions as on the ASAP MAST. http://counsellingresource.com/quizzes/drug-testing/alcohol-mast/

On the questionnaire I answered that I drink 0 times a week and have never done any kind of drugs. Taking no prescribed medications (I am on anti-anxiety meds but didn't tell them). I got a 0 score on the MAST. Took my payment of $400, put us in a classroom and gave us some flyers for office hours and a copy of the ASAP Handbook. Turned on a video and left us to watch it - basically people reading to us the Conditions, Participation Agreement, and the Handbook. About 20 mins I would guess. http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/admin/pdf/defendants-handbook-07-22-2014.pdf

Came back in and breathalyzed everyone. Didn't ask me to do it again since I had already done it when I thought I was transferring. Told us to wait until a counselor came in and called our name for our interview/assessment. Guy came and got me. Was really nice and friendly. We went over the assessment questions that he typed into the computer, slightly different but basically the same questions as the assessment. Asked the circumstances of my arrest. Then gave me options of classes that were available. Basically they give you the date and time of the first class and you can assume that it's that same day/time every week until you're done. Most were weekday evenings 6-8pm, one option for Saturdays 8-10am. Had me sign a consent form to release info to judge and DMV.
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/admin/pdf/vasap-consent-for-court.pdf

Printed out a paper with my scheduled class date and time, probation officer name (it wasn't him) and handed it to me. I didn't really read it. He told me that the probation officers deal with the problem people and if I just did what I was supposed to that I'd probably never hear from her. He said have a nice day and I left. When I read the paper later, I realized that I had been assigned a 12 class series and that I am required to abstain completely from alcohol and drugs for the duration of my ASAP supervision which I think is 12 months. I will ask when I go back for class.

Sounds like I didn't get the 'entry level' education. Not sure why. Let me know if you have any questions. I'll check back and also update after I go through the process.

Posted by: Zack Morris ()
Date: May 24, 2016 04:19PM

HI all, I was charged with first dui in Arlington recently. I refused breathalyzer because I knew i had 3 drinks of beer in an hour. I am truly ashamed and will NEVER drink again period. Alcohol has never been important in my life but I do enjoy Mary jane. I smoke on a daily basis, about 0.5 grams to help me deal with sleep anxiety and depression.

My court date is 45 days away so I should be able to get clean by than. But my lawyer suggest that I do voluntary ASAP course. Is that a good idea? Will they test for THC in Arlington? I have no prior am 35 YO. Is it worth taking a chance? My attorney says they won't test me since this is voluntary but I am scared. It's already has been an emotional roller coaster plus I've spent over 10K in fees and attorney cost and expert witness. Hoping for a positive outcome but who knows. Last 3 months in my life, everything that can go wrong has so I don't know if I should take this risk.

Any advice?

Posted by: asapguy ()
Date: June 02, 2016 12:39AM

FML2016 Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
>
> Sounds like I didn't get the 'entry level'
> education. Not sure why. Let me know if you have
> any questions. I'll check back and also update
> after I go through the process.

You were very lucky. Anyone that blows over a certain amount (I think .15 and it doesn't even matter if got thrown out in court), is on a 2nd+ DUI, or is dumb enough to admit things on their questionnaire gets sent to the "treatment group" which is a mandatory 48 hours of small group talk and the cheapest place is $40/hr so that's $2000. That's on top of the ASAP $400 too. They don't take insurance either (cash or check) not sure where you got that from.

Make sure you don't miss more than one of your classes or you have to start all over from the beginning. "Supervised" probation means you won't ever hear from them unless you mess up - public intox, positive on your interlock, blow positive at ASAP class (which people do do for some stupid reason) etc.

Posted by: W3mkx ()
Date: June 04, 2016 02:02PM

W3mkx

Posted by: FmlAlot ()
Date: December 15, 2016 04:43AM

What happens if I fail the intake meeting drug test? Last smoked before probation 25 days ago, and was a daily user

Posted by: random help ()
Date: December 15, 2016 08:15AM

FmlAlot Wrote:
> What happens if I fail the intake meeting drug
> test? Last smoked before probation 25 days ago,
> and was a daily user

If you fail it, it is VERY possible they will assign you to the more intensive classes- which are $40/hr as a previous poster said.

LIE and say you don't know how that happened, it could have been second hand smoke.

They MAY give you one more chance to test clean, it's a 50/50 shot. You can piss hot on your first test they expect that. BUt if you fail your second- you are SHORT. Pull out your wallet.

This is all this is about- to collect REVENUE for Fairfax County and to keep people in JOBS. If you background checked half the staff, they come from druggie situations and are working here to "atone" for it so of COURSE they will guilt trip you for using a little POT which is BS.

I say, leave marijuana users alone and go after the OPIATE users and such- but nope, we marijuana users are short since it stays in one's system the longest.

We should all know by now- the weed ban was put in place to have an excuse for the government to lock up blacks and hippies since they were no longer slaves to put them in the prison industry (NIXON, google it!) and now that the "net" is catching white people, NOW they want to pledge "treatment"....which of course they can charge MORE money for so it is in their BEST interests to catch as many drug users as they can= more money for the county and the companies that do drug testing, the counselors salaries, etc...FOLLOW THE MONEY.

Date: December 15, 2016 07:00PM

Thanks for the info! Also do you know when the random testing starts? Im a student at virginia tech and live a few hours away, and being that my license is suspended I would hope they wouldn't call me back until after christmas break

Date: December 16, 2016 11:01AM

Passed my intake exam with ease, turns out it was just a mouthswab, so if you have to go to christiansburg vasap just prepare for a mouthswab

Re: VASAP class Can you take opiates in VASAP if you are prescribed them by your Dr.?
Posted by: ML90 ()
Date: February 12, 2017 02:17PM

Yes, you can. I went through the same thing and my case worker said as long as they're prescribed to you and you have proof, then you're fine.

Posted by: Helen ()
Date: February 21, 2017 11:53AM

Does anyone have any information on Richmond, Va ASAP? THe classes, etc. Are you required to abstain from all alcohol for the length of the classes? For the year? Thank you in advance.

Posted by: Pierre ()
Date: March 14, 2017 03:19PM

I have to go to Vasap do I have to take both mast and dast

Interlock
Posted by: Shameless_E ()
Date: March 16, 2017 07:35PM

I recently failed my interlock breath test twice then passed it all within 15 minutes. I passed the rolling retest 5 minutes later. My PO is sending my case back to court as non-compliant. Does anyone have any experience with this? What should I expect on my court date?

Posted by: dudeeee ()
Date: April 04, 2017 06:36PM

Were you ever drug tested in Richmond during classes? Thanks man.

Posted by: MJBro ()
Date: October 06, 2017 04:54AM

dudeeee Wrote:
> Were you ever drug tested in Richmond during
> classes? Thanks man.

Yes.

Posted by: IFinished ()
Date: October 12, 2017 08:50PM

I owe this too all the people worried about this stupid class. First of all, all you "Frost Nixon" fags ruined this fucking post. Don't you 19 year old fucks have something better to do with your life? For everyone else; just go to intake. Don't tell them about your past. Do not admit to doing any drugs. Lie on the questionarre. That's how they determine your class. I did 10 weeks, VASAP, 2 hours each Thursday. No drug tests. None. Breathalyzer every class at the end. Good luck, just don't drink day before.

Posted by: iamscaredtodeath ()
Date: November 27, 2017 09:18PM

I have my first meeting with my case manager tomorrow in Richmond. Will she drug test me?

Posted by: been_there ()
Date: November 28, 2017 12:26AM

Yes.

Posted by: Hgjnjn ()
Date: December 02, 2017 09:43AM

To all who are complaining about ASAP... remember, this is offered as an alternative to jail. How hard is it to show up to a few classes on time? Most functioning members of society are required to show up to work regularly. This is not hard. If you're struggling with it then you really need to take a good look at your life.
Is it possible to give up drugs and alcohol for a brief period of your life to avoid jail time? There's a term for people who can't stay off drugs and/or alcohol--it's "addict"

Posted by: helppls ()
Date: March 28, 2018 01:55AM

starting 'treatment' this week for 16 weeks, then 4 weeks of vasap. anyone have any experience on what these next 20 weeks will be like? what kind of drug/alc tests do they do if they did test you during? any help is appreciated

Posted by: Transferred ()
Date: June 06, 2018 02:02PM

I was forced to do VASAP after a DWI. At that point, I went to college out of state (PA), so I asked for my education to be transferred to the county where the college is. It'll cost you more for the out of state program, but one weekend of classes beats 16 weeks.

On the OP, I was only breathalyzed once, during the first orientation and the only time I stepped into a VASAP classroom. Right after the orientation, I talked to my case officer and she transferred me to the program in PA. Never got tested since.

Re: VASAP money trap and kinda "Case Managers"
Posted by: Darren leake sucks cock ()
Date: January 26, 2024 10:04PM

Fuck vasap. Fuck district 9 vasap

Posted by: Darrenleakesucks cock ()
Date: February 01, 2024 04:18AM

Ahmayzin Wrote:
> They are random. BEst thing to do is, if you
> have to drink the night before class....set a
> limit. A cut off time. I remember having
> Saturday class at 11am. I would hang out until
> 10pm. No more than 3 beers.
>
> I'll never forget the time this older guy came in
> REAKING of alcohol. Dude probably could have
> blown an easy .20. He faked a mild heart attack
> right when the instructor walked in. Got away
> with it....insane.

Posted by: Darrenleakesuckscock ()
Date: February 01, 2024 04:20AM

Fuck you district 9 vasap you sorry pieces of shit

Pages: Previous123All
Current Page: 3 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.