HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
New restaurant by waples mill shopping center
Posted by: hmmmm?? ()
Date: January 07, 2012 10:28AM

I drove by the waples mill shopping center and saw that there's a new restaurant (maybe seafood) has anyone been here yet? is it even open?

Re: New restaurant by waples mill shopping center
Posted by: Nighthawk ()
Date: January 07, 2012 10:33AM

I think you're referring to Marlin & Rays which is owned by the same company that owns Ruby Tuesday's. They're opening Marlin & Ray' in closed Ruby Tuesday's locations. I think the first one they opened is in Manassas. Not sure if they'll open one in Centreville.

Posted by: hmmmm?? ()
Date: January 07, 2012 10:57AM

that's the place. anyone know when it opens? is this chain any good or is it like another Red Lobster?

Posted by: ugh ()
Date: January 07, 2012 11:11AM

IF it's owned by Ruby Tuesday's it's gotta be good quality.. Who doesn't like boil in bag and microwaved overpriced deliciousness

Posted by: Jason ()
Date: January 07, 2012 01:53PM

Opening January 25th ~ Marlin & Rays Seafood Bar & Grill! Located at 11204 James Swart Court in Fairfax (where Ruby Tuesdays used to be). Also now hiring.

Posted by: g6 ()
Date: January 07, 2012 06:56PM

Wouldn't get my hopes up. It's a chain...probably will attract teenagers and families. My guess is you get rubbery shrimp there. But, could be an ok place in the summer who knows.

Posted by: Whobe ()
Date: January 08, 2012 08:55PM

Place absolutely sucks. Small portions, food quality and preparation is shit.

Posted by: salad bar ()
Date: January 10, 2012 05:50PM

But, is there a salad bar?

Posted by: nuttyturnip ()
Date: January 12, 2012 12:22PM

Cool! I tried the one in Manassas a few months ago, and was pleasantly surprised (and shocked to find out they were owned by Ruby Tuesdays). That Ruby Tuesdays was terrible, so it'll be nice to have a place to get decently priced seafood.

Posted by: Rarlin and Mays ()
Date: April 11, 2014 10:00AM

Has anybody heard of anything taking over this space? If so, hopefully it'd be something interesting and less of a chain restaurant since Ruby Tuesday and M&R's didn't last. With the access off 29/50 and new, additional housing (increased density) nearby, I don't know why it isn't getting leased.

This forum powered by Phorum.