HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123All
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Northern Region Football 2012
Posted by: eastside ()
Date: March 13, 2012 12:40PM

I think Lake B and SOCO have as much if not more ofa chance than WEST Spring and TC

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: d5/6 ()
Date: March 13, 2012 01:05PM

Is south county in that district? What are the d5 and d6 teams? Which district is split between d5 and d 6

Date: March 14, 2012 08:13AM

Patriot district D5 Lee, SOCO, D6=WP, LB, WS,Wdsn, Andl and TC after this year Va moving to 6 classes and I believe most of these will be 6A

Posted by: Hendo ()
Date: March 14, 2012 08:30AM

Caleb Henderson has been spotted wearing a George Mason H.S PE shirt, confirming that he has enrolled at the Single A school.

Posted by: grilledcheese ()
Date: March 14, 2012 12:12PM

hahaha Willie McCallum kept his son from being one of the best WR's this region should have ever seen!

He is a joke like so many HS parents!

Date: March 14, 2012 01:41PM

Now henderson can help them win more than 1 game

Posted by: observe ()
Date: March 14, 2012 02:32PM

I cant see lake braddock putting a good season together after loosing the twins and #3 ( dont know his name) because those three probablyy made up for 90% of there total offense. Ffor south county the addition of any west potomic players would be huge. I am not sure about the quarterback who people claim would have started last year, but for south county to be successful he needs to be a stud. They too lose most key pieces on offense. South county does have a stud of a linnebacker which will help them transition away from the van dykes

Posted by: northwestside ()
Date: March 14, 2012 08:48PM

I cant see lake braddock doing well either. They as well as South County have no offense. It will be a down year for both the district and the region. I predict it will be a year of defense. The teams I see having offense are West Springfield, Oakton, and possibly TC or Chantilly. If no one else can put up points, look for these teams to do well

Posted by: FootballGuy99 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 10:04AM

Whats everybodies preseason top ten rankings for northern region for D6?

Posted by: Footballer ()
Date: March 15, 2012 11:39AM

My top 10 goes like this...

1) Washington-Lee
2) Oakton
3) South Lakes
4) Centreville
5) Herndon
6) Westfield
7) Annandale
8) Lake Braddock
9) West Springfield
10)West Potomac

Posted by: top 10 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 11:57AM

Footballer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My top 10 goes like this...
>
>
> 1) Washington-Lee
> 2) Oakton
> 3) South Lakes
> 4) Centreville
> 5) Herndon
> 6) Westfield
> 7) Annandale
> 8) Lake Braddock
> 9) West Springfield
> 10)West Potomac

I have to say i know little about washington and lee so i will leave them out of my list. My list is all AAA northern region.

1. Stone Bridge
2. Oakton
3. Centreville
4. TC
5. Chantilly
6. South County
7. Westfield
8. Yorktown
9. West Potomic
10. West Springfield

Posted by: u99 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 12:53PM

1. West Potomac (with Henderson)
2. Centreville
3. Westfield
4. Oakton
5. TC Williams
6. Chantilly
7. Stone Bridge
8. Lake Braddock
9. South County
10. Yorktown

Posted by: Dick Atoms ()
Date: March 16, 2012 07:14PM

Well, looks like Henderson and his QB son are both at Lake Braddock now. Caleb Henderson is a big pick up for the bruins.

Posted by: nrwatcher ()
Date: March 16, 2012 09:04PM

Really, if thats the case, Braddock is the new favorite to win the region.
No one else will even be close.

Posted by: Gb3 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 12:59PM

The concord should be very interesting this year. The playing field is very even. Chantilly could surprise. Herndon is returning a lot of kids. Cantreville and Westfield always have good teams but who will step up? Oakton has the college prospects but this is a team game. I think a surprise team like Herndon could take the district.

Posted by: wp03 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 01:45PM

Who will be the new football coach at West Potomac.

Will someone on the existing staff be selected or will they go outside?

Posted by: wp04 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 02:03PM

Surely they will go outside since the current staff bears the stain of the former head coach. They know they need somebody new to undo the current mess. The email that has been cirrculating around the area shows the coach's true nature. A lot of parents are wondering what has been going on the whole time behind the scenes. A lot of past complaints suddenly do not seem so frivolous now.

Posted by: Oakton college prospects? ()
Date: March 18, 2012 02:31PM

Who are these oakton prospects? I know that they have OL Durant who is a sure FBS prospect, but who else is getting college attention?

Date: March 18, 2012 03:24PM

6-foot-3, 210-pounder Kyle Downer. The Vienna (Va.) Oakton prospect is picking up interest from a variety of schools at this stage. No offers yet He will have to impress at camps this summer and have a great year for a D1AA FCS schools to offer. IMO not a BCS level QB.possibly JMU, richmonds bucknell something like that. Also RB Mike Wandey a small school prospect IMO.

Posted by: Oakton prospects ()
Date: March 18, 2012 06:01PM

As I have seen on scouting websites, the prospects are:
Downer,QB- duke,princeton, bucknell
Wandey,RB- temple, VT
Brooks Muse,WR-not sure who yet but he had good numbers and a good video.
Ladson,CB- Bryant, Furman, Drake
Boone,CB- couldn't find anything here either but started as a soph. So I expect him to play at the next level.
And then of course Durant.
I don't know whether the info is valid but I saw it on Rivals, NCSA, NUC, etc.
Does anyone know what other teams in the Concorde have prospects?

Posted by: nrregion ()
Date: March 18, 2012 06:03PM

I agree that with Brian Day now as head coach at Herndon they have potential to win some games. I still do not think one year with him as head coach can take them from 0 am 5 in the district to 4 or 5 wins. Secondly, regarding Oakton. A team needs good players to win championships. The best players always get a team the furthest it would be difficult to find the last team to win the region that did not have star college prospects. There is a great supporting group of players as well Andy Boone ( if he stays out of trouble), Kelly Brooks-Muse who averaged over 10 yards a touch on offense, Ryan Ladson another returning starter who will be a small school kid, and Joe Allely who led the district in sacks last year. I think they are primed to win a championship.

Posted by: cheating ()
Date: March 18, 2012 07:12PM

Is braddock going to get another player like this, and nobody is going to investigate? Poytheris is a cheater and bad influence. Take in a coach from another school who was fired for suspicious reasons just to recruit his kid to play qb. This has got to end.

Posted by: herndon? ()
Date: March 18, 2012 07:14PM

Herndon has no assistant coaches. Its hard to win without help.

Posted by: gutdgth ()
Date: March 18, 2012 07:20PM

Oakton sucks, not even in the top ten

Posted by: U91 ()
Date: March 18, 2012 08:14PM

cheating Wrote:
> Is braddock going to get another player like this,
> and nobody is going to investigate? Poytheris is a
> cheater and bad influence. Take in a coach from
> another school who was fired for suspicious
> reasons just to recruit his kid to play qb. This
> has got to end.

I am sure the Northern Region Council will check to make sure this is within the rules.

If this is even true:

How does this make Poythress a cheater? He is not recruiting anyone, they are coming to him. WP runs the same offense Braddock does, it would be a natural fit.

No one was calling Robinson and Westfield Coaches cheaters when they were getting transfers for all those years.

Posted by: hmmmmmm ()
Date: March 18, 2012 08:28PM

I do not believe the rumors that Henderson is going to Lake Braddock. There are so many Lake Braddock players who write on this site to attract attention and try to get themselves and their team noticed.

Posted by: Steve ()
Date: March 18, 2012 09:13PM

It seems Oakton has lost a lot of seniors - their whole LB corps and several guys on their o-line. Are there decent replacements among the rising juniors or sophomores?

Date: March 18, 2012 09:32PM

durant is the only BCS D-1 playeron Oaktons team the others listed above have no offers

Posted by: oakton ()
Date: March 18, 2012 11:02PM

oakton is losing a great group of linebackers who will be hard to replace. In terms of oline next year. Two lineman started all year. One is durrant, a bcs football player. The other two have 7 combined starts and more playing time mixed in. The question on oline will be replacing their offensive line coach who was there for decades

Posted by: Matt Sturbator ()
Date: March 19, 2012 02:04PM

There is a lot of hype that is about LB. West Potomac is the top in the region as of now, yes they are losing a QB but someone will step up, they still have their other players as well. It will be in intereseting season this year

Posted by: wp11 ()
Date: March 19, 2012 04:42PM

Does Braddock have the athletes for Caleb to be successfull?

Posted by: NOVA watcher ()
Date: March 19, 2012 05:09PM

So the Hendersons are going to LB? Is Daddy coaching? How much did LB pay them? Isn't there a rule about transferring public schools in FFax where - unless you change home addresses - you have to sit out a year? If true, are they relocating, or is there some loophole that lets them play.

Something is rotten about this.

Posted by: williard ()
Date: March 19, 2012 05:40PM

If a parent teaches at the school, the student(s) can be pupil placed at the same school. This looks legit.

Posted by: Ryan Kiegler ()
Date: March 19, 2012 07:46PM

As of now Coach Henderson is not coaching at LB, but there is word that Caleb is attending Lake Braddock.

Posted by: 152015 ()
Date: March 20, 2012 08:06AM

It is true that Caleb Henderson will be attending Lake Braddock. He is currently enrolled for the 4th quarter. Lake Braddock will remain a strong team beacause of the strong coaching staff. The Freshman and JV teams had great seasons and will continue to get better as they mature. Because of the wide view of Quarterbacks including a (upcoming) senior, two Juniors (Including Caleb Henderson) and a Sophmore.Expect big things from LB this year.

Posted by: 22015 ()
Date: March 20, 2012 08:17AM

How does no one have LB in their top 5? They turned their team around greatly last year! Yeah they are losing big time players(The Quigleys,Weiler,and Greg Jones) but they have kids moving up each year and NOW they have two great quarter backs(Henderson and Koch) I expect LB to make it to state if they keep their heads on straight and come together as a team.

Posted by: shocker ()
Date: March 20, 2012 11:25AM

Sorry to burst everyones bubble, but Henderson was fired by FCPS so I would be shocked if they let him coach anywhere in the county. There is no point for Henderson to move anywhere inside the county because his dad can not coach anywhere. I do not believe he is going to Lake Braddock unless I see something. As of right now he is at West Potomic and I believe he is there to stay. His Facebook says west pot, his picture is west pot, and his rivals says west pot. Sorry lake braddock fans but some of your students are starting rumors

Posted by: jsh ()
Date: March 20, 2012 11:32AM

Does Lake Braddock have the athletes to put around henderson to help him be successfull. If not, they will have problems. I think they have a few, but no one steps off the page

WP always has athletes and speed to stay competitive in most games.

It should be a interesting season.

Posted by: the man ()
Date: March 20, 2012 11:49AM

This was on the Twitter feed of Paul Tenorio, who closely covers the Northern Region for the Post: "Complaint to FCPS has led to Caleb Henderson's pupil placement request to Lake Braddock being denied. Saga continues."

I don't think he's going anywhere.

Posted by: the realman ()
Date: March 20, 2012 12:42PM

Nice try! He will be enrolled at Braddock

Posted by: gatorhater ()
Date: March 20, 2012 12:55PM

"My name is Caleb Henderson, you fired my father, prepare to die!"

I wonder if the West Potomac principal has 6 fingers...

I also wonder if the kid isn't even Right handed!!

The whole community is going to to pay dearly when that family puts 60 on them at LB.

Posted by: 4shiznits ()
Date: March 20, 2012 01:40PM

Yes FCPS has denied Henderson's pupil placement to LB. They saw it as stricly a football move and not for acadmic reason's.

Posted by: over ()
Date: March 21, 2012 10:45AM

According to a source from inside West Potomac who wished to remain anonymous, the decision came from Fairfax County Public Schools, not the school itself, and was based on off-field factors including improper fundraising and player eligibility violations

Looks like the Lake Braddock fantasy is over. I doubt Henderson will be allowed to be hired by another FCPS school after being fired by the county, not the school. I see two options for him, stay where he is, or move out of the county to play for his dad.

http://forthunt.patch.com/articles/henderson-firing-creates-controversy-in-west-potomac-community

Posted by: fcps gets it right...for now ()
Date: March 21, 2012 07:06PM

FCPS has blocked the pupil placement of Henderson to LB according to the Post. Finally they get it right. Move was for football not academics. Unless dad can get a full time job at LB they may be sol. FCPS could still deny even if dad teaches there. Does anyone know what school they are actually supposed to attend in the first place? Is West pot their base school?

Posted by: Howard ()
Date: March 21, 2012 08:38PM

I have a friend who swears that Poythrice and Henderson can't stand each other and it is only a matter of time until there is a major blowup during the season. I hope for the sake of the LB kids this does not come to pass. He says Henderson always refers to Poytrice as a dirty cheater. Makes you wonder what is really going on.

Posted by: questions ()
Date: March 21, 2012 11:38PM

Who will be west poops new head coach?

Posted by: read ()
Date: March 22, 2012 05:23AM

As on right now, the Hendersons are not goingbto LB so there wont be a blow up. As for their relationship, they played together in high school. This move will be difficult to pull off.

Posted by: WSHSFANN!2345 ()
Date: March 22, 2012 09:19AM

Whats everyones opinion on west springfield? i was in the building the other day and people were waiting to use the weightroom due to a shortage of weights

Posted by: Football121 ()
Date: March 22, 2012 09:22AM

so can anyone confirm where henderson is gonna end up? very curious to see whats going to come of this whole situation...

Posted by: Forget the Stallions ()
Date: March 22, 2012 09:36AM

.....nuf said

Posted by: fanaticfanWSHS ()
Date: March 22, 2012 09:39AM

I think west springfield will shock everyone and pull out in first in the patriot district and will go to staes where they go from there is completely up to the players. They definately want it and all the charges are set someone just has to set it off.

Posted by: insider ()
Date: March 22, 2012 09:49AM

Eric and Caleb cant stand west potomac and the administartion. lb would a great spot for them because they have the line and they have the coaching staff along with the athletes to become an eleite team in the state. if caleb goes to lb great things will happen and wp will be left in the dust

Posted by: insider ()
Date: March 22, 2012 09:59AM

matt sturbater obviously goes to west pot and they have nothing besides caleb he was suppoost to be their offence this year now that hes leaving they wont score any points #wp get ready for an ass whooping

Posted by: NR football ()
Date: March 22, 2012 12:07PM

Caleb is the best qb in the reigion and possibly the state. i think wherever he goes people will follow and when good players follow wins will come after that. he would look great in purple and gold!

Posted by: HendoH8r ()
Date: March 22, 2012 12:09PM

Caleb is all hype. he had great players to throw the ball to and the only reason why he played is because of his father. he is nothing more than tebow but not as fast.

Posted by: NR football ()
Date: March 22, 2012 12:11PM

Caleb did have great players around him but his backup was a senior who was 5'9" 170 and couldnt throw for his life. he is 6'4" 220 and can run for his size. tell me what coach in their right mind would play a qb that what caleb's backup's size?

Posted by: west po back ()
Date: March 22, 2012 12:17PM

that isnt correct. Coach henderson wasnt fired from the county, he wasnt even fired from his coaching job, the DSA decided to not resign Coach for whatever reason they have. no one at west potomac believes in what the dumbass administration did but the rumors of coach being kicked out of the county are completely untrue.

Posted by: hokiesrule ()
Date: March 22, 2012 01:05PM

Lost in all this is that Henderson's eldest son was their starting Middle Linebacker.

Posted by: footballfan ()
Date: March 22, 2012 01:05PM

As a football fan, this situation irritates me. This is not college football and henderson should not be marketing his kid to different schools he wants to go to. Personally i hope he remains at west potomic or moves to a school outside this county. I do not want this marketing of players to become a regular occurance

Posted by: S. Jackson ()
Date: March 22, 2012 02:05PM

Reading these postings and a few articles with comments, I find it odd that such a great man and coach would be let go. Does anyone know exactly why he is no longer the coach? I find it hard to believe that someone like this can be put out of coaching. One last thing: is the email in the online paper linked by over legit?

Posted by: Your Mom ()
Date: March 22, 2012 07:17PM

All that is truely known about west potomac is that there has been an outbreak of zombies at West Springfield, this means that West Po's best player will have to slay them all. That player is Aladin, he is the best saftey in the norther region hands and feet down!!!

Date: March 22, 2012 07:56PM

The accusation mainly describes a threat in writing that Coach henderson wrote "he would make sure a particular kid would not be recruited".Basically black ball a kid to potential college recruiters. A retaliation on an assistant coach's son. had a disagreement with the assistant and thought he would get back at him. had to be some truth because henderson later apologized. Not a good look for a coach entrusted to help kids with their future.

Posted by: read up ()
Date: March 22, 2012 10:23PM

The papers published the emails about blackballing a kid, and he also mismanaged funds and played illegal players. He was not rehired because of those issues. Contracts are year to year so he wouldnt have to be fired.

Posted by: you know nothing ()
Date: March 23, 2012 10:17AM

That email was between coach and a friend, but that "friend" stabbed coach in the back and let the emial out. He was also investigated for the "paper work issues" which he was found completly innocent for(the math was wrong on one of the sheets). The player eligebility is completly wrong because while head coach, during the season the team adverage was a 3.0 no one on the team was failing any classes. So before you "THINK" you know what you're talking about know that by saying these things on a web site like this could hurt a great man who did absolutly nothing wrong.

Posted by: 41zone ()
Date: March 23, 2012 10:21AM

in lieu of recent issues at west potomac, i would like to point out the fact that have a 12 inch weiner

Posted by: back pain ()
Date: March 23, 2012 11:03AM

Stabbed him in the back? What he wrote in that email was despicable. How many other kids did he blackball? Another egomaniac open-door policy coach. Good riddens.

you know nothing Wrote:
> That email was between coach and a friend, but
> that "friend" stabbed coach in the back and let
> the emial out. He was also investigated for the
> "paper work issues" which he was found completly
> innocent for(the math was wrong on one of the
> sheets). The player eligebility is completly wrong
> because while head coach, during the season the
> team adverage was a 3.0 no one on the team was
> failing any classes. So before you "THINK" you
> know what you're talking about know that by saying
> these things on a web site like this could hurt a
> great man who did absolutly nothing wrong.

Posted by: Dusty ()
Date: March 23, 2012 11:22AM

you know nothing,

Henderson told the assistant coach to "tell the parent". He did. Where is the backstabbing? Another case of the guy running his mouth and not backing it up.

Maybe if Henderson would allow the school to release all their records, the Henderson worshippers would cry from embarrassment. The community has only heard his lies because the school cannot talk about it. The more information that has leaked out has caused quite a few families to re-assess whether they were fooled by a bullshit artist who is not who he pretends to be.

Posted by: truthbtold ()
Date: March 23, 2012 01:45PM

wow, mr Eatin u sure have alot of time on ur hands to post under all these names. it is also well known that u have a ragin hard on for Hendo. he did stuff that u could never do. the comunity hates u. ur a has been loser. go away.

Posted by: concord ()
Date: March 23, 2012 05:40PM

Posted by: Gotcha ()
Date: March 23, 2012 07:54PM

Posted by: boll ()
Date: March 24, 2012 09:45PM

What about Fairfax in the liberty? They have shown some resilience and gave Centreville a good fight the past two years in the first round of the the regional playoffs.

Posted by: footballfan2009 ()
Date: March 24, 2012 11:49PM

Fairfax is a good "middle of the road" team.

The players are usually not very athletic but they are fundamentally sound.
The coaching staff is pretty good and will keep the team competitive.

In the Liberty district, they will have to get by Stone Bridge and Madison.

They will always struggle against the Concorde and the better teams in the Patriot district.

I believe they have been in the playoffs the past 3 years, and have lost in the first round each time.

Posted by: What If........ ()
Date: March 25, 2012 04:22PM

................a new thread was started and we file this one away?????????

Posted by: remnant ()
Date: March 28, 2012 09:33PM

West Springfield have a lot of talent. And with that talent I think they are going to go pretty far this year, especially with their D1 running back

Posted by: football ()
Date: April 01, 2012 11:55AM

Who are everyone's picks for the all region team next year?

Posted by: Flappy ()
Date: May 29, 2012 07:52PM

WP/LB qb Caleb Henderson claims to have offers from USC and Ohio State. Can anyone confirm this?

Posted by: jed ()
Date: May 30, 2012 07:12PM

Yes, I can confirm that someone claims to have heard him claim this.

Posted by: Your Mom & Dad ()
Date: July 01, 2012 03:58PM

^^^ Why couldn't you have been more like Dean?

Posted by: Your Mom & Dad ()
Date: July 01, 2012 04:05PM

dear mr doe Wrote:
> Dear Mr. Doe/ Dean
> Stop trying to get yourself publicity.
> Thank you

^^ Dear Son, why couldn't you have been more like Dean?

Posted by: whichone ()
Date: July 02, 2012 04:18PM

Which post should we make the official Northern Region Football 2012 Forum? The schedules are out ... no big deal since we are in the second year of the cycle.

Looking at Big Games:

LB vs Cville 8/31/12 (Week one!!!)

SB vs Chantilly 9/7/12

LB vs Westfield 9/14/12

Robinson vs Westfield 9/21/12
Hayfield vs Yorktown

South County vs Robinson 9/28/12

Westfield vs Chantilly 10/5/12

Cville vs Chantilly 10/19/12
LB vs Robinson

Cville vs Westfield 10/26/12

Langley vs McLean 11/2/12

Posted by: mountvernonsucks ()
Date: August 07, 2012 01:10AM

caleb lives down the street he moved out a long time ago he is for sure 100% at lake braddock and will be their starting qb. However, if demornay goes to lake braddock then they will embarrass everyone in the region.

Posted by: Lake Braddock fan ()
Date: August 08, 2012 08:24AM

mountvernonsucks wrote
"However, if demornay goes to lake braddock then they will embarrass everyone in the region."

But mostly will embarrass Lake Braddock when they forfeit all the games he plays in for them since I know for a fact he officially resides in west potomac area.
I would rather not take the chance. I am sure he has already started practice with whichever team he plans to play for.

Posted by: hmmm ()
Date: August 08, 2012 04:25PM

Yeah, well I bet he personally knows where you live too. sooooo, now what?

Posted by: northernregionmadman ()
Date: August 08, 2012 06:48PM

I don't want people to sleep on woodson this year. the patriot district is down except for braddock who will win the district but i predict woodson to finish 2nd followed by soco, west springfield, tc, west potomac, lee and annandale.

Posted by: Lmao ()
Date: August 14, 2012 08:18PM

northernregionmadman Wrote:
> I don't want people to sleep on woodson this year.
> the patriot district is down except for braddock
> who will win the district but i predict woodson to
> finish 2nd followed by soco, west springfield, tc,
> west potomac, lee and annandale.

This guy not only must be a Woodson coach to post such nonsense, but he must be a Woodson coach smoking crack too. lmao!!

Posted by: LBs Finest ()
Date: September 25, 2012 10:50PM

WHAT ARE YALL TALKING BOUT LAKE BRADDOCK IS WINNING THE WHOLE THING SHUT UP

Posted by: Mountvernonsucks ()
Date: November 10, 2012 03:02AM

I told u demornay was something suuuurious

Posted by: KLM6J ()
Date: November 10, 2012 03:07AM

Mountvernonsucks Wrote:
> I told u demornay was something suuuurious

who is that?

Posted by: Near the beginning ()
Date: December 08, 2018 06:52PM

Pages: Previous123All
Current Page: 3 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.