HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Posession Charge
Posted by: Joe Joe ()
Date: January 27, 2008 05:56PM

I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar situation to my friend who is going to court soon who is very nervous. If so I am wondering what type of legalities come into play with this situation and if/how it should be fought. He was near George Mason in the shopping center close to the school just sitting in the parking lot smoking cigarettes with another person. While sitting there an undercover cop became suspicious and came and asked the driver if he was in posession of marijuana (more of in a assumingly manner) and then without permission, searched the vehicle and found a gram of marijuana. My friend was let go with a summons for court however, don't you need some sort of consent in order to search personal property?

Re: Posession Charge
Posted by: Frank ()
Date: January 27, 2008 06:08PM

Not if they smell it. If they smelled it, that car was theirs to search, with or without your, ooops, your "friend's" permission.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: January 27, 2008 07:10PM

Frank Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not if they smell it. If they smelled it, that
> car was theirs to search

very true. the fact that they found what they smelled only backs up their story about smelling it. i believe the term for this is probable cause. so "your friend" needs to focus on getting some sort of charge/sentence reduction by getting a lawyer, lest "your friend" have the book thrown at "them," especially if "they" have prior convictions.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Dean Wormer ()
Date: January 27, 2008 07:46PM

Get your "friend" some help.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
Attachments:
17636-13443.gif

Posted by: Dean Wormer ()
Date: January 27, 2008 07:49PM

Attachments:
miniature-donkey-0015.jpg

Posted by: Joe joe ()
Date: January 28, 2008 03:19AM

Thanks guys.

Posted by: Maeve ()
Date: January 28, 2008 11:36PM

James Love, of Love & Associates, ("Mr. Love") he'll bitch at you and call you dumb...because you were dumb. Maybe you'll learn you're lesson ("We're not in California anymore Toto"), maybe you won't. But he IS the man in Fairfax County.I think he used to be a Judge.

This forum powered by Phorum.