HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Anyone hear of any police activity near East Falls Church?
Posted by: rickafterburner ()
Date: October 31, 2011 09:52AM

So I got this message from a local ham (amateur radio operator). If you don't know what that is, treat this as overheard on a CB. Does this ring a bell with anyone for yesterday?

The signal was most likely near East Falls Church, but can't rule out Arlington or farther into Fairfax.

Rick

"
One ham talking to another. 146.52 mc/s..
He was driving in his car & was coming down an off-ramp from some local highway..

He said, "Oh, quite a lot of police cars.. I have to move to the other lane & slow down..
too many police standing around.. they are all looking at a car on the shoulder of the ramp..
uhh.. the windows look like that they are all shot out.. can't see any more, I have passed everyone & am getting to the street.."

No idea where he was, other than the radio signal was local..
I have heard no sirens, etc..
"

Re: Anyone hear of any police activity near East Falls Church?
Posted by: average joe ()
Date: October 31, 2011 11:13AM

this is pretty shocking i didn't know there were police in that area, i hope someone can verify

Posted by: CSI Fairfax ()
Date: October 31, 2011 11:25AM

Yes, the incident is still under investigation but appears to be drug & gang related. Limited information on who was in the other vehicle. There was another simliar shooting in DC that might be related:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/shooting-victim-crashes-driving-to-hospital-103111

Posted by: News Chopper 8 ()
Date: October 31, 2011 11:53AM

Preliminary reports indicate that "Fisting" may have been involved with both parties.

This forum powered by Phorum.