HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567All
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: FBI Raids Neighbors House
Posted by: interesting ()
Date: July 12, 2013 12:51AM

Interesting how the prosecutors asked for 15 years but the judge deviated by giving more! That's rare in the federal system. Nice to know that a judge can look at serious character flaws (ie, 15 yr old prostitution) and use it wisely to make the final call.

Wonder what he thinks of Alex n Min.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Going to Suck ()
Date: July 12, 2013 09:48AM

Prison is soooooo going to suck for these losers.

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: July 12, 2013 10:56AM

Why no pics of Kerry F. Khan anywhere in paper or online? I've seen his house, his car and his watch. Can't even find a mugshot of the criminal.

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Posted by: AskAndYouShallRecieve ()
Date: July 12, 2013 12:05PM

Dane Bramage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why no pics of Kerry F. Khan anywhere in paper or
> online? I've seen his house, his car and his
> watch. Can't even find a mugshot of the criminal.

Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be appearing at the Springfield Ramada Inn Lounge all next week, I do hope you'll come out to see me.
Attachments:
kerry khan.jpg

Posted by: Cheaky Monkey ()
Date: July 12, 2013 12:23PM

Lee Khan, Michael A. Alexander & Harold F. Babb
Attachments:
lee khan.jpg
michael a alexander.jpg
harold f. babb.jpg

Posted by: Represent ()
Date: July 13, 2013 03:16PM

Banner headline
Attachments:
942396_10151677442264194_52725509_n.jpg

Posted by: Ethically Challenged ()
Date: July 14, 2013 11:12AM

Too funny, the prosecutor asked for 15 years and Judge Sullivan game Khan 19.

Priceless, fucking priceless, thank you Judge Emmitt Sullivan from the bottom of my heart.

According to PACER, it looks like Alex is on deck

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaatter Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup !

Pass the popcorn and beer please....

Posted by: Santa C ()
Date: July 25, 2013 09:58PM

Justlike Christmas in July®

Posted by: Place Your Bet ()
Date: July 26, 2013 01:26AM

Posted by: Bada Bing ()
Date: July 26, 2013 01:17PM

07/26/2013

Proceedings held before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan.Status Conference as to YOUNG N. CHO held on 7/26/2013. Sentencing set for 11/19/2013 at 10:30 AM in Courtroom 24A before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan.

http://www.pacer.gov/

Posted by: Heywood Jablowme ()
Date: August 09, 2013 01:05PM

Wow, fascinating stuff. Almost as good as listening to paint drying.

Posted by: Sherwin Williams ()
Date: August 09, 2013 08:56PM

Heywood Jablowme Wrote:
> Wow, fascinating stuff. Almost as good as
> listening to paint drying.

Keep checking back, the best is yet to come.

Alex, Min & NDC have yet to be sentenced, there might be a few others lingering too.

Stay tuned for the TV mini-series too....

Posted by: Wiki Page ()
Date: August 11, 2013 02:28AM

Why isn't there a wiki page for this scandal ?

Posted by: gilrgjnmadsbh ()
Date: August 12, 2013 02:21AM

Bunch of Drunks

Posted by: kindful ()
Date: August 12, 2013 06:36PM

Posted by: Ethics 101 ()
Date: August 13, 2013 10:31AM

Posted by: ExNDCemployee ()
Date: August 27, 2013 12:54AM

I am an ex NDC employee that managed to survive most, but not all, of the fallout of this nonsense. This was entirely because of being on the DSS contract, which kept us away from the main portion of this toxicity.

Joe Kim, youve posted on here a number of times. I would like to know if you think you were honest with employees, as well as if you think you were fair in how you treated all of us down at DSS while this investigation was ongoing.

Posted by: Target On My Back ()
Date: August 27, 2013 08:49AM

You're dealing with sociopaths so don't expect a truthful answer.

An earlier poster referred to some possible embezzlement that may have taken place, if that's true then it would be at least the second person to have been run off from CRIT for that reason.

Here's another very recent story with a similar theme....

"He's also accused of funneling nearly $70,000 to Osborne to pay off a
(Alaska Intertribal) council-issued credit card without ensuring the director spent the money in accordance with council policy and procedures."

http://www.adn.com/2013/08/26/3043766/former-alaska-inter-tribal-council.html#storylink=cpy

Alaska is a Grifter's Paradise

2nd creamery owner charged

http://www.frontiersman.com/news/nd-creamery-owner-charged/article_0ad7e6ba-0cef-11e3-9f87-0019bb2963f4.html

Former Executive Director of Alaska Eskimo Whaling Commission Sentenced to 41 Months in Prison

http://www.fbi.gov/anchorage/press-releases/2012/former-executive-director-of-alaska-eskimo-whaling-commission-sentenced-to-41-months-in-prison

2 Tanana Officials Indicted On Federal Wire Fraud, Theft Charges

http://www.alaskapublic.org/2013/05/29/2-tanana-officials-indicted-on-federal-wire-fraud-theft-charges/

IG report faults MARAD on port oversight

http://www.alaskajournal.com/Alaska-Journal-of-Commerce/August-Issue-3-2013/IG-report-faults-MARAD-on-port-oversight/

Alaska: Dot Lake kicks out five members of tribal counsel in family feud

http://recallelections.blogspot.com/2012/07/alaska-dot-lake-kicks-out-five-members.html

FORMER CFO OF ALASKA NATIVE CORPORATION SENTENCED FOR MAIL FRAUD AS PART OF EMBEZZLEMENT SCHEME

http://www.justice.gov/usao/waw/press/2010/jan/beard.html

Insider’s Projects Drained Missile-Defense Millions

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/12/washington/12missile.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Posted by: ExNDCemployee ()
Date: August 27, 2013 04:58PM

I'm not sure what any of those cases you posted have to do with NDC. Plenty of people embezzle, none of that is relevant to NDC, nor is the fact thatnit happened in Alaska since NDC has no affiliation w Alaska, or companies in it.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that Alex, Hallas, and Min all blatantly embezzled money. I can think of no other way they could legally afford their lifestyle of multimillion dollar homes, coupled with Alex's Audi RS4+porsche panamara turbo+range rover super charged.

I have no idea if Joe Kim was involved with any of the embezzlement, I am just simply curious if he thinks he treated employees fairly and honestly. And if he thinks that Alex, Min, and Ted did anything wrong.

Posted by: Target On My Back ()
Date: August 27, 2013 11:02PM

ExNDCemployee Wrote:
> I'm not sure what any of those cases you posted
> have to do with NDC. Plenty of people embezzle,
> none of that is relevant to NDC, nor is the fact
> thatnit happened in Alaska since NDC has no
> affiliation w Alaska, or companies in it.
>
>

Those cases are but the tip of the iceberg, what I could think of off the top of my head. They all involve government or tribal officials in Alaska.

The NDC scandal involved The Eyak Corporation, the regional Native corporation for city of Cordova, Alaska.

The assets of NDC were purchased for pennies on the dollar by Copper River Information Technology, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Native Village of Eyak, also located in Cordova, Alaska.

My point is that the SBA 8a program created large loopholes specifically for ANC's (Alaska Native Corps) and Alaskan tribal entities such as the Native Village of Eyak. Lax oversight and monitoring of these ANC-controlled entities, along with a cozy good-ol-boys network where everybody in Alaska is connected to everybody else by only one or two degrees of separation, creates an environment that invites every shyster and ne'er-do-well this side of the Mississippi.

For such a small population, >1 million residents total, there sure is a large amount of graft and greed taking place on the last frontier.

Posted by: Dickinson Donk ()
Date: August 28, 2013 10:36PM

I have crap on 5 other 8(a) companies that have been pulling this shit for the last 5 years. Plenty of court cases where they are being sued,but nothing more. The execs are still living large and in most of the cases - are not even from the United States.

Posted by: I-Have-A-Secret ()
Date: August 29, 2013 10:13AM

ExNDCemployee Wrote:
>
> I have no idea if Joe Kim was involved with any of
> the embezzlement, I am just simply curious if he
> thinks he treated employees fairly and honestly.
> And if he thinks that Alex, Min, and Ted did
> anything wrong.

Joe definitely knew what was going on... and I have a little secret... when all of this went down he asked a few of us in IT to go through the Microsoft Exchange database and remove a great number of emails that tied Min and Alex to this whole fiasco... (it seemed a strange request at the time, but we had no awareness of the true extent of what was going on until much, much later)... so while he might not have been directly involved in the scheme, he definitely had awareness on the periphery, and at the very least, his actions are tantamount to obstruction of justice and destruction of key evidence.

Posted by: Karmaalways ()
Date: September 10, 2013 08:11PM

What is the status on Min Cho?

Posted by: Employee Number Five ()
Date: September 16, 2013 11:15AM

Karmaalways Wrote:
> What is the status on Min Cho?

She's going to jail - for a long, long time too.

I can think of a few others who might benefit from some time at the Graybar Hotel too.

Posted by: karmaalways ()
Date: September 18, 2013 03:48PM

when is her sentencing??? do you know??

Posted by: Complicating Things ()
Date: September 19, 2013 09:31AM

karmaalways Wrote:
> when is her sentencing??? do you know??

November, possibly ? It's been a while since I've checked, it may have been moved again.

She was attempting to hide assets in the sale of NDC, I suspect that is what's complicating things.

Posted by: Fifi ()
Date: September 22, 2013 11:47PM

When is Alex Cho's sentencing date ?

Posted by: Git R Done 907 ()
Date: September 25, 2013 09:34AM

http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/mostcorrupt/entry/don-young

Don Young Alaska

A long-running FBI investigation produced a vast amount of evidence that Rep. Don Young earmarked funds to benefit a campaign donor and used campaign funds to pay for personal expenses for himself and his late wife.

In 2005, the Alaska Republican inserted a $10 million earmark into a transportation bill — after it passed Congress, but before the president signed it into law — for a highway interchange that would benefit one of his campaign contributors.

After a lawsuit, CREW obtained documents about the FBI’s investigation into the earmark revealing the bureau also investigated Rep. Young and his late wife, Lu Young, for using campaign funds to pay for personal expenses like meals, travel, and dry cleaning.
Attachments:
524390_217721201668325_2051471369_n.jpg

Posted by: This day in History ()
Date: October 04, 2013 09:33AM

Hello

Posted by: bwah ()
Date: October 05, 2013 12:08AM

hahahaha

Posted by: I <3 My M3 ()
Date: October 10, 2013 12:00AM

joe.kim@copperriverit.com Wrote:
> Meanwhile, I'll be the one smiling
> here with my nice bonus payout from the sale to
> Copper River. I'm sure all this venting makes you
> all feel better but at the end of the day which
> one of you is wearing Armani suits and driving an
> M3?
>
> Good luck in court assholes!
>
> Joe Kim
> Vice President of Engineering
> Copper River IT

Donk that ride Joe.

Posted by: Questions ()
Date: October 11, 2013 08:29PM

When is Alex's sentencing date ?

Posted by: Country Girl ()
Date: October 30, 2013 06:10AM

Questions Wrote:
> When is Alex's sentencing date ?

thats a damn good question, gotta be coming up soon now

Posted by: Court date ()
Date: November 02, 2013 01:46PM

I believe someone above said November 19th.

Update?
Posted by: Just wondering ()
Date: November 21, 2013 06:12PM

Anyone know if Alex got sentenced and what it was?

Re: Update?
Posted by: Pacer ()
Date: November 21, 2013 09:45PM

11/14/2013 32 INTERLOCUTORY SALE ORDER FOR 11600 HUNTING CREST LANE, VIENNA, VIRGINIA as to MIN JUNG CHO. Signed by Judge Emmet G. Sullivan on 10/23/13. (mac) (Entered: 11/14/2013)

11/14/2013 33 INTERLOCUTORY SALE ORDER FOR 475 K STREET, N.W., UNIT 612, WASHINGTON, DC as to MIN JUNG CHO.Signed by Judge Emmet G. Sullivan on 10/23/13. (mac) (Entered: 11/14/2013)

11/14/2013 35 REDACTED DOCUMENT by USA as to MIN JUNG CHO of Agreement Regarding the Interest of Myong Jin Lee in Certain Properties Subjectr to Forfeiture. (hsj, ) (Entered: 11/15/2013)

11/20/2013 MINUTE ORDER as to MIN JUNG CHO. The Court understands that Nova Datacom, LLC, the defendant in Case No. 13-cr-84 which is scheduled to be sentenced along with Ms. Cho, has not been referred to the Probation Office for a presentence report. To ensure that the Probation Office has sufficient time to prepare a presentence report on Nova Datacom, LLC, and to ensure that Ms. Cho is sentenced at the same time as Nova Datacom, LLC, it is necessary to reschedule the sentencing currently scheduled for January 9, 2014. The sentencing will now take place on January 16, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. in Courtroom 24A. The parties are directed to comply with the following briefing schedule: the government shall file its sentencing memorandum by no later than January 3, 2014. The defendant shall file her sentencing memorandum by no later than January 10, 2014. Signed by Judge Emmet G. Sullivan on November 20, 2013. (lcegs2) (Entered: 11/20/2013)

11/21/2013 Set/Reset Deadlines/Hearings as to MIN JUNG CHO: Government's Memorandum of Law due by 1/3/2014. Defendant's Memorandum of Law due by 1/10/2014. Sentencing set for 1/16/2014 at 11:00 AM in Courtroom 24A before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan. (mac) (Entered: 11/21/2013)

11/12/2013 58 Unopposed MOTION to Continue Sentencing and to Extend Time for Filing Defendant's Sentencing Memorandum by YOUNG N. CHO. (Attachments: # 1 Text of Proposed Order)(Cowden, William) (Entered: 11/12/2013)

11/12/2013 59 MOTION for Enlargment of Time for Filing Memorandum in Aid of Sentencing by YOUNG N. CHO. (See Docket Entry 58 to View Document.) (hsj, ) (Entered: 11/13/2013)

11/15/2013 MINUTE ORDER granting 58 defendant Young N. Cho's unopposed motion to convert sentencing hearing to status hearing and to enlarge time for filing defendant's memorandum in aid of sentencing. The sentencing hearing scheduled for November 19, 2013 is hereby converted to a status hearing. The due date for defendant's memorandum will be reset to confirm with the rescheduled sentencing date. Signed by Judge Emmet G. Sullivan on November 15, 2013. (lcegs1) (Entered: 11/15/2013)

11/19/2013 Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan.Status Conference as to YOUNG N. CHO held on 11/19/2013. Defendant's Motion for Miscellaneous Relief due by 1/10/2014. Government Response due by 2/10/2014. Defendant's Reply due by 2/17/2014. Motion Hearing set for 3/7/2014 for 10:00 AM in Courtroom 24A before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan. Sentencing set for 3/28/2013 at 10:00 AM in Courtroom 24A before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan. Bond Status of Defendant: COMMITTED/COMMITMENT ISSUED; Court Reporter: BOWLES REPORTING SERVICES Defense Attorney: WILLIAM COWDEN; US Attorney: MICHAEL ATKINSON/ANTHONY SALER/BRYAN SEELEY/JAMES SMITH; (mac) (Entered: 11/19/2013)

11/20/2013 MINUTE ORDER as to NOVA DATACOM, LLC. The Court understands that NOVA DATACOM, LLC has not been referred to the Probation Office for a presentence report. The Probation Office has indicated that it can submit a final presentence report on NOVA DATACOM, LLC by no later than December 20, 2013. Accordingly, it is hereby ORDERED that NOVA DATACOM, LLC is referred to the probation office for a presentence investigation. It is FURTHER ORDERED that the sentencing currently scheduled for January 9, 2014 will now take place on January 16, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. in Courtroom 24A. The parties are directed to comply with the following briefing schedule: the government shall file its sentencing memorandum by no later than January 3, 2014. The defendant shall file its sentencing memorandum by no later than January 10, 2014. Signed by Judge Emmet G. Sullivan on November 20, 2013. (lcegs2) (Entered: 11/20/2013)

11/21/2013 Set/Reset Deadlines/Hearings as to NOVA DATACOM, LLC:U.S. Probation Presentence Investigation Report due by 12/20/2013. Government's Memorandum of Law due by 1/3/2014. Defendant's Memorandum of Law due by 1/10/2014. Sentencing set for 1/16/2014 at 11:00 AM in Courtroom 24A before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan. (mac) (Entered: 11/21/2013)

Re: Update?
Posted by: Thanks ()
Date: November 24, 2013 07:39PM

Thx

Posted by: Karma 3 ()
Date: January 17, 2014 01:51PM

any updates with sentencing??

Posted by: ???? ()
Date: January 20, 2014 07:18AM

The above post says Nova Datacom was supposed to have been sentenced on 1/16. I think that means Min Cho was sentenced but couldn't tell you for sure. Maybe someone with a PACER account could give an update. Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Mr Snuggles ()
Date: January 21, 2014 10:11AM

12/20/2013 19 Recommendation of PSI Report as to NOVA DATACOM, LLC. Not for public disclosure per Judicial Conference Policy.(Stevens-Panzer, Deborah) (Entered: 12/20/2013)

12/30/2013 20 NOTICE OF ATTORNEY APPEARANCE Bryan G. Seeley appearing for USA. (Seeley, Bryan) (Entered: 12/30/2013)

12/31/2013 21 Consent MOTION to Continue Defendant's Sentencing Hearing and Resetting Deadlines for Filing of Memoranda in Aid of Sentencing by NOVA DATACOM, LLC. (Attachments: # 1 Text of Proposed Order)(Kim, Mary) (Entered: 12/31/2013)

12/31/2013 MINUTE ORDER granting 21 defendant's consent motion to continue the deadlines for filing memoranda in aid of sentencing and the sentencing date. The government's memorandum in aid of sentencing shall be filed by no later than February 3, 2014; the defendant's memorandum in aid of sentencing shall be filed by no later than February 17, 2014, and the sentencing hearing shall be held on March 21, 2014 at 2:00 PM in Courtroom 24A. Signed by Judge Emmet G. Sullivan on December 31, 2013. (lcegs4)

(Entered: 12/31/2013)

01/06/2014 Set/Reset Deadlines/Hearings as to NOVA DATACOM, LLC:Government Memorandum of Law due by 2/17/2014. Defendant's Memorandum of Law due by 2/3/2014 Sentencing set for 3/21/2014 02:00 PM in Courtroom 24A before Judge Emmet G. Sullivan. (mac) (Entered: 01/06/2014)

FBI: Vienna Businessman Sentenced in Bribery, Fraud Case; Oh Sung Kwon to pay $1,188,500 in restitution and the same amount in a forfeiture money judgment.
Posted by: More info ()
Date: February 01, 2014 04:29AM

FBI: Vienna Businessman Sentenced in Bribery, Fraud Case
Oh Sung Kwon to pay $1,188,500 in restitution and the same amount in a forfeiture money judgment.
http://vienna.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/fbi-vienna-businessman-sentenced-in-bribery-fraud-case

Vienna businessman Oh Sung Kwon, 48, was sentenced Monday to 46 months in prison on federal charges stemming from a bribery scheme in which he paid thousands of dollars to an army official in return for government contracts, as well as a separate scheme involving fraudulent real estate sales and refinances, according to a news release from the FBI.

Kwon, also known as Thomas Kwon, of Vienna, pled guilty in September 2012 in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to one count each of bribery, conspiracy to commit bank fraud, and willful failure to file a tax return. He was sentenced by the Honorable Emmet G. Sullivan. Judge Sullivan also ordered Kwon to pay $1,188,500 in restitution and the same amount in a forfeiture money judgment. Upon completion of his prison term, Kwon will be placed on three years of supervised release.

Kwon was the co-founder and chief executive officer of Avenciatech Inc., a government contractor based in Annandale. He is among 17 people and one corporation that pled guilty to federal charges for their roles in the largest domestic bribery and bid-rigging scheme in the history of federal contracting. The investigation is continuing.

According to a statement of offense signed by the government and the defendant, Kwon learned of a contract-steering scheme from two business contacts: Alex N. Cho, who was then the chief technology officer for Nova Datacom LLC, and a second Nova Datacom employee. This scheme involved contracts and subcontracts awarded through the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in return for hundreds of thousands of dollars in payments to Kerry F. Khan. At the time, Khan was a program manager at the Army Corps of Engineers.

Kwon’s role in the scheme involving the Army Corps of Engineers included Kwon arranging for Cho and another Nova Datacom employee to exchange checks for approximately $700,000 in cash, which was paid to Khan in exchange for government contracts. Kwon later attempted to obstruct the resulting criminal investigation by destroying evidence. However, he also disclosed to law enforcement authorities the efforts by Cho and another Nova Datacom employee to obstruct the criminal investigation, including Cho’s attempts while wearing a recording device to prevent Kwon from making incriminating statements.

Kwon learned of a second, similar scheme involving another business contact: Nick Park, a former Nova Datacom employee who was then the president of Unisource Enterprise Inc. Kwon learned through Park that he had obtained a subcontract for his company by agreeing to pay bribes to a person identified in court documents as “Public Official C.” This official, based at the time in Seoul, South Korea, was an assistant project manager for the U.S. Army who had responsibilities for a major contract.

In or about February 2009, Kwon traveled to South Korea to meet Public Official C. In exchange for an undisclosed ownership interest in Avenciatech, Public Official C agreed to use his official position to steer subcontracts from the Army to Avenciatech. Plans later called for Public Official C to have a 40 percent ownership interest in the company.

In September 2009, Avenciatech obtained an army subcontract in the amount of $366,844. However, army change orders later increased the value of this subcontract to $1,913,059. Avenciatech also obtained a second contract in February 2011 in the amount of $551,093. Change orders later increased its value to $1,413,513.

In exchange for the official assistance of Public Official C, Kwon made a series of bribe payments. They included cash payments; payments for hotel stays for Public Official C and family members, including a trip to the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas; payments to finance the purchase of a 2010 Lexus automobile; and payments for other things of value.

Kwon also assisted Public Official C in obtaining financing for the purchase of a home in Fairfax Station, where Public Official C resided following his reassignment in 2010 to a position at Fort Belvoir. Public Official C wanted to make a $230,000 down payment on the home purchase but did not want to face questions about the source of the money in Public Official C’s bank account.

Instead, Public Official C transferred the $230,000 to an account of an Avenciatech employee, Helen Woo. Kwon caused Woo, in turn, to execute a phony “gift letter” claiming that she was Public Official C’s cousin and that she was providing the $230,000 to a settlement company for the home purchase.

Kwon also pled guilty and was sentenced today on charges in a separate scheme involving bank fraud. In addition to running Avenciatech, Kwon was the operations manager for Onyx Financial Services, a mortgage broker based in Annandale. He admitted involvement in at least six fraudulent real estate sales and refinances in northern Virginia, with loan amounts of about $1.8 million. Finally, Kwon pled guilty and was sentenced today for the willful failure to file a tax return. This charge involved his 2010 income tax return.

Cho, Khan, Park, and Woo are among those pleading guilty in the case.

Cho pled guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit bribery, money laundering, and wire fraud and to defraud the United States and one count of bribery. Khan pled guilty to one count each of bribery and conspiracy to commit money laundering. Park pled guilty to two counts of bribery. Woo pled guilty to a misdemeanor fraud charge for her role in the home financing scheme.

Khan was sentenced to 19 years and seven months in prison. Woo was sentenced to two years of probation. Cho and Park are awaiting sentencing.

Re: FBI: Vienna Businessman Sentenced in Bribery, Fraud Case; Oh Sung Kwon to pay $1,188,500 in restitution and the same amount in a forfeiture money judgment.
Posted by: Public Official C ()
Date: February 02, 2014 04:10AM

For fucks sake already, I wish they'd name "Public Official C"

Posted by: TheTruthHurts ()
Date: February 03, 2014 01:46PM

Has anybody gotten any more information about Joe Kim, who was Director of Engineering at Nova Datacom and now VP of Engineering at Copper River IT (who purchased the former assets of Nova Datacom)?

It was alleged in a few of the court documents that the former Director of Engineering at Nova Datacom was somehow involved in the destruction of key evidence and was being investigated for involvement and potentially obstruction of justice charges.

If anyone has more information, I think we would all love to see it. Do we know Joe's full Korean name? If someone has a pacer account perhaps you could take a look.

Posted by: aging debbie does dallas fan ()
Date: February 04, 2014 01:00AM

USC they cheat if you file at alex fed courthouse and an asian takes the file. and i don't like the rabbit on the new courthouse it makes it look like a mockery. being in alex it may well be. and i think they filmed me peeing. they cheat allot.

----------------------------------------------
in 20 years 1/2 story towns in china became cities of 40 million persons much huger than N.Y.C. an that is just one of "5 asian tigers" and we haven't gotten to germany's boom after they began "managing the euro" yet and their "wonder expansion"

--------------------------------------
it's not a matter of if they stole they stole mega-tons and shipped back crap that was designed to break after warranty and if their gov workers and ours were living it up they did

------------------------------------
it's a matter they were let in the hen house

it's a matter of they can say "oh money gone" my ass

print it and and take no objection. watch them squirm as it's spent.

Posted by: Pass the Popcorn Please ()
Date: February 07, 2014 09:54AM

As the story says above, "The investigation is continuing."

Posted by: ujq ()
Date: March 12, 2014 02:02PM

Posted by: ?????? ()
Date: March 30, 2014 08:44PM

According to the above PACER docs both Min Cho/Nova Datacom and Alex Cho should have sentenced on the 21st and 28th respectively. Does anyone have the details? Thanks.

Posted by: Not yet ()
Date: March 30, 2014 08:46PM

?????? Wrote:
> According to the above PACER docs both Min
> Cho/Nova Datacom and Alex Cho should have
> sentenced on the 21st and 28th respectively. Does
> anyone have the details? Thanks.

Haven't seen anything about it, everything is from the 20th.

Posted by: Strange ()
Date: April 02, 2014 09:43PM

Odd. So there is nothing on PACER?

Posted by: It ()
Date: April 03, 2014 01:27AM

The judges schedule shows Alex being sentenced in May

Posted by: Taking Forever ()
Date: April 03, 2014 07:19AM

OK. Thanks.

Posted by: Linda L ()
Date: April 12, 2014 12:46AM

It goes much deeper

Posted by: Taking Forever ()
Date: April 20, 2014 11:26PM

What do you mean "It goes much deeper"?

Posted by: DripDripDrip ()
Date: May 14, 2014 09:55AM

"Public Official B" is finally charged. Now, just what was in those boxes that they had me ship to Korea through the USPFO warehouse ?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/former-army-contracting-official-indicted-in-far-reaching-fraud-probe/2014/05/13/6ebb3da0-dadd-11e3-bda1-9b46b2066796_story.html

".......A former Army contracting official was arrested Tuesday on charges that he accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and other bribes from companies and officials who he helped cheat the federal contracting system......"

Posted by: Still curious ()
Date: June 03, 2014 05:08PM

So anyone know if Alex and Min ever got sentenced or was it delayed again? Thanks.

Man with Ties to Annandale Company Allegedly Took $350,000 Cash, Bahamas Trip, Lexus from Contractors
Posted by: BUSTED! ()
Date: June 04, 2014 07:46AM

Man with Ties to Annandale Company Allegedly Took $350,000 Cash, Bahamas Trip, Lexus from Contractors

Former U.S. Army contracting official allegedly steered contracts in exchange for gifts, cash, including payment for female escorts.
http://annandale.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/man-with-ties-to-annandale-company-allegedly-took-350000-cash-bahamas-trip-lexus-from-contractors

Fairfax Station resident In Seon Lim, a former contracting official for the U.S. Department of the Army, was arrested Tuesday, following his indictment on federal bribery and other charges in which he allegedly accepted more than $350,000 in cash, along with vacations and other benefits from favored contractors, according to a news release from the FBI.

Lim, 48, of Fairfax Station, also known as InSeon Lim, was indicted last Thursday in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. The 10-count indictment, which was unsealed following Tuesday’s arrest, accuses Lim of one count of conspiracy, four counts of bribery, money laundering, a tax offense, and related charges. Lim made his initial court appearance Tuesday and was released pending a status hearing scheduled for next Tuesday.

Lim is the latest person to be charged in an investigation into domestic bribery, bid-rigging, and federal contracting. A total of 17 individuals and one corporation, Nova Datacom LLC, have pled guilty to federal charges, and a second company, Saena Tech Corp., entered into a deferred prosecution agreement with the government.

The indictment provides notice that, if convicted, the United States will seek forfeiture of all proceeds of the charged offenses, including Lim’s house in Fairfax Station.

“A federal grand jury has charged this army official with taking more than $350,000 in cash, a Lexus, and a trip to the Bahamas in exchange for steering business to crooked contractors,” said U.S. Attorney Machen, in a news release. “Seventeen people and one corporation have already pled guilty as part of this sweeping investigation into bribery in federal contracting. The wide reach of these prosecutions should send a clear message to corrupt public officials and contractors who use secret payoffs to cheat the system.”

“Federal small business contracts are not pay-to-play,” said SBA Inspector General Gustafson.

“It’s a sad day when the public’s trust is shaken by the criminal acts of government officials who are entrusted to safeguard our taxpayer dollars,” said DCIS Special Agent in Charge Craig.

According to the indictment, Lim was a public official until April 2012. The charges involve his activities as an assistant project manager and product director with the Program Executive Office Enterprise Information Systems, a part of the army that provides infrastructure and informational management systems.

The indictment covers activities from May 2007 through October 2011.

Until June 2010, Lim resided and worked in Seoul, South Korea. While in South Korea, his primary duties were to oversee and implement communications systems upgrades for the U.S. forces there, which included approximately 10 communications centers and various other special projects at military sites throughout the country. Among other things, Lim coordinated work on a major contract, which, in turn, had numerous subcontracts.

From June 2010 until his resignation in April 2012, Lim worked as a product director at Fort Belvoir.

The indictment alleges that Lim secretly used his official position to enrich himself by soliciting and accepting gifts, payments, and other things of value from government contractors in return for favorable official action. Among other things, the indictment alleges, Lim received payments personally and to accounts that he controlled; payments for travel, vacation, vehicles, cell phones and cellular service for himself and family members; payments for female escorts; ownership interests in two companies; and assistance in obtaining home financing.

The government contractors, meanwhile, enriched themselves by secretly obtaining favorable official action, the indictment alleges. At Lim’s direction, some of the contractors allegedly submitted fraudulent invoices for purported work that was not actually performed. Also at Lim’s direction, the indictment alleges, these contractors then paid him a portion of the proceeds generated by the fraudulent invoices.

The indictment provides details about numerous contracts and payments. For example:
•Nova Datacom: According to the indictment, two former employees of the company—Alex N. Cho, also known asYoung N. Cho, and Nick Park—separately paid Lim a total of $50,000 in cash in 2007. In addition, Park paid for Lim’s travel, lodging, meals and entertainment during a trip to the Philippines in 2007, and Cho paid for lodging and a $1,000 casino chip during a trip later that year to Las Vegas, the indictment alleges.
•Avenciatech: According to the indictment, two former officials of Avenciatech Inc., a government contractor based in Annandale, provided Lim with cash and an ownership interest in the company in exchange for official action. For example, the indictment alleges, one of the former officials—Oh Song Kwon, also known as Thomas Kwon—provided Lim with cash payments; payments for hotel stays for Lim and family members, including a trip to the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas; payments to finance the purchase of a 2010 Lexus automobile; and payments for other things of value. Kwon also assisted Lim in obtaining financing for the purchase of a home in Fairfax Station, where Lim resided following his reassignment in 2010 to a position at Fort Belvoir.
•UEI: Nick Park left Nova Datacom in 2007 and co-founded another government contractor, Unisource Enterprise Inc.(UEI), based in Annandale. According to the indictment, in exchange for favorable treatment, Park provided Lim with a secret ownership in UEI. Among other things, Lim allegedly provided Park with sensitive procurement information.
•Saena Tech: According to the indictment, a former official with Saena Tech, which was based in South Korea, provided Lim with $70,000 in cash; payments for meals, entertainment, and an automobile; and $175,000 of the proceeds generated by a fraudulent invoice.

Cho, Park, and Kwon are among those who earlier pled guilty to charges in the case.

An indictment is merely a formal charge that a defendant has committed a violation of criminal laws and every defendant is presumed innocent until, and unless, proven guilty.

Posted by: XoXO ()
Date: June 05, 2014 08:30AM

Basterds!!! glad they are F*cked!!

Posted by: Derp ()
Date: June 06, 2014 12:31AM

That's what happens when you continue to paint your door the wrong color even though your HOA says not to ;)

Posted by: Me too ()
Date: June 07, 2014 12:20PM

Yeah, I thought Alex and Min got sentenced in May or did it get pushed back yet again? Anyone with a PACER account know? Thanks.

Posted by: Big Bad John ()
Date: July 19, 2014 11:40AM

Deport those sorry-ass mo'fuckers

Posted by: who knows ()
Date: July 26, 2014 09:43AM

I saw an article about how Alex Cho might get deported after prosecutors went back on promises made when he was wearing a wire and helping the feds but that was a few months ago and now everything is silent. Not sure whatever happened. Sure would like to know though.

Posted by: corrupt is as corrupt does ()
Date: August 03, 2014 10:02AM

I hope this sorry-ass piece of shit enjoys his time in the Big House.

Former government contractor pleads guilty to $490,000 in bribes, fraud

By Wesley Robinson July 31

A former contractor for the U.S. Army on Thursday admitted to accepting vacations, a luxury car, escorts and cash in return for helping businesses obtain federal contracts worth millions.

In Seon Lim, 48, pleaded guilty in federal court in Alexandria to conspiracy to commit bribery and wire fraud, general bribery and tax fraud. The Fairfax Station resident, who worked in the United States and South Korea, accepted illegal gifts worth about $490,000, prosecutors said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/former-government-contractor-pleads-guilty-to-490000-in-bribes-corruption/2014/07/31/8a327c1e-18d2-11e4-85b6-c1451e622637_story.html

Posted by: I.M. Disgraced ()
Date: September 18, 2014 11:51PM

What's the latest on Alex and Min, anyone hear anything ?

Posted by: Good Question ()
Date: September 24, 2014 01:57PM

As far as I know there has been nothing public about Alex and Min in a long time. Not sure if their sentencing has been pushed back or not.

Posted by: GovFraudExposed ()
Date: October 06, 2014 03:51PM

Looks like Alex's sentencing will be on Dec. 19th.

The prosecutors are recommending something like 8 years. He has already served around 3. He will likely be deported when his sentencing is complete.

Attached is a letter he wrote to the judge seeking leniency. Some interesting tidbits, including the fact that he apparently had a drug problem.

Enjoy!
Attachments:
young_cho_letter_to_court.pdf

Posted by: Wah ()
Date: October 08, 2014 12:51AM

Wah

Posted by: Finally ()
Date: October 19, 2014 08:24PM

Thanks for the info.

Posted by: elizabeth ()
Date: October 22, 2014 09:47PM

@governmentexposed, do you have a copy of the sentencing memorandum

Posted by: pumpkinhead ()
Date: October 22, 2014 11:53PM

So when are the other scammers going down. Interesting enough, several shared a share a similar street address in mclean

Posted by: Curious Still ()
Date: December 23, 2014 11:55AM

Any more updates?

Posted by: Ditto ()
Date: December 29, 2014 05:19PM

According to a previous post Alex should have been sentenced on the 19th. Does anyone know what he got? Also what did his sister get? Thanks in advance for any info.

Posted by: ToDitto ()
Date: January 15, 2015 06:54AM

Posted by: Thanks To Ditto ()
Date: February 05, 2015 03:33PM

Wow. Again. That's amazing.

Posted by: Yet-Another ExNDC Employee ()
Date: May 18, 2015 02:47PM

I left Nova Datacom back in 2010 and learned about this scandal shortly after when an investigator called to meet and speak with me. I've since been out of the loop and just read the latest...I'm shocked to see there are STILL no sentencing updates on the Chos'.

Posted by: Still Curious ()
Date: June 29, 2015 10:40AM

How is it possible that there is no closure on this case???

Posted by: It's never going to end ()
Date: July 31, 2015 01:12AM

Maybe someone with a PACER account can look it up and find out what's taking so long for the sentencing. It might have happened and just not gotten any press.

Posted by: northern_neck ()
Date: August 04, 2015 10:51AM

Posted by: Almost done ()
Date: October 09, 2015 04:20PM

Posted by: dirty low life scoundrels ()
Date: October 09, 2015 06:32PM

Government officials.... they're all corrupt.

Posted by: NOVA DATACOM ()
Date: April 29, 2016 08:25PM

HEY NEW USERS I LOVED WATCHING THIS SHIT UNFOLD NOW YOU CAN TOO!

Posted by: Wtf?? ()
Date: May 01, 2016 09:27PM

NOVA DATACOM way to raise a dead thread.

They could probably use your services at the cemetery.

Posted by: Eyes and Ears ()
Date: August 05, 2016 09:30AM

Has Min Cho been sentenced ?

What about Nova Datacom ?

Where they ever fined ?

And whatever happened to Nova Datacom ?

I want to know !

Posted by: Charity ()
Date: September 09, 2016 11:35AM

I work for a northern Virginia charity and received a call from amy cho today. She said that she send $6k cash in the mail to us, but that she was having a schizophrenic episode and needs the money back. The money was actually sent to the wrong address, but there was no return address, so it was sent to the post office. The post office converted the cash to money orders and sent to us. Just got a phone call from amy's husband's attorney (could this be Alex Cho), stating that they need the money back.

Confusing this is we got the same phone call in September of 2015, and the money was refunded.

This has to be a scam right?

Posted by: YTcnF ()
Date: November 30, 2016 07:53PM

Here Come Da Judge Wrote:
> MINUTE ORDER. In a hearing before Magistrate Judge
> John M. Facciola on September 20, 2011, defendant
> entered a plea of guilty. On that same day, the
> magistrate judge issued a Report and Recommendation
> advising the Court to accept defendant's plea.
>
> The Court has received no objection to the Report
> and Recommendation. See Local Crim. R. 59.2(b)
> ("Any party may file for consideration by the
> district judge written objections to the
> magistrate judge's proposed findings and
> recommendations... within 14 days after being
> served with a copy thereof.").
>
> Accordingly, the Court hereby adopts defendant's
> guilty plea.

Posted by: The Feds ()
Date: June 07, 2017 07:11AM

Why is it some of these leftover characters have started new 8(a) shell companies and continue to do business. SD has claimed bankruptcy on a few of his companies but is still out and up to his no good ways.

Pages: Previous1234567All
Current Page: 7 of 7

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.