HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Woman with baby begging for money
Posted by: Sal ()
Date: January 21, 2014 11:51PM

The gypsies are all over the DC area now. People that are not familiar with them sometimes confused them with Hispanics. Hispanics usually do not beg, and might be standing in corners like in that 7'11 by Culmore looking for construction work. The gypsies on the other hand usually hit areas in which they think people are going to feel sorry for them like outside churches or in areas they think they are going to find people with money. I have seen a bunch of them in my way to work in Montgomery County, n Montgomery County, particularly around Democracy Boulevard, Old Georgetown Road, Rockville Pike and Connecticut Avenue. There it is usually three women, they look like Romanian or Russian gypsies. They come in a car very early in the morning and each woman is dropped in a different corner, including a woman who has a cane . Also I have seen two blonde men around west falls Church Metro station, they had some signs saying they were veteran, but they were east Europeans. These are the same gypsies that I have seen in France, Germany and Belgium stealing in the metros and from tourists

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LkMjU ()
Date: February 08, 2014 10:59AM

Has anyone seen her this weekend?

Posted by: eLester ()
Date: February 08, 2014 11:21AM

I saw her in the last two weeks on a day when the temps was in the 50's. She was sitting on the curb in a shopping center in Herndon. I think it was Fox Mill Giant or McNair Farms Shoppers Food Warehouse. She looks to be in her 40s but that could be from being outside all the time. I just ignored her as she resembled the other East European women who hustle for money using placards. I also encountered one of those in the last several weeks.

Posted by: Yggdrasil ()
Date: February 08, 2014 12:55PM

I just look at them, say panhandling is illegal and I am calling the cops. When my cell phone comes out they move one. One time I watched where one of the women went; she got into a late model Honda Accord. Giving them money just encourages them to stay in the area. Let's all do our part in getting them out of FFX Co.

Posted by: Anna ()
Date: October 03, 2014 11:37AM

I recently had a woman with an index card approach me wanting money. I had my 11 month old daughter in my arms at the time. I turned my back on her and said that I had no cash. It was instinctual, because I was try to keep my baby away from her. It always really freaks me out when I am approached and I have my baby in my arms. Why would anyone want to approach a lone mother holding a child? Needless to say, I got my baby in the car, and I noticed someone giving her money. They need to get to work and earn a living.

She had an index card saying that she has 3 children. Well, if she has someone willing to watch her kids while she is out begging, then she can have that same person watch her kids while she goes and bags groceries or what not.

Posted by: lionel tudor ()
Date: October 17, 2014 07:10PM

I just ran into a young girl at the Safeway Shopping center in Burke (Burke Town Plaza). She handed me an index card that said "I have 4 brothers and my mother lost her job"....I offered to buy her food, but she didn't seem interested in that, and instead asked if I would buy her a gift card, which got my spidey senses tingling and I walked away from her. I think the Gypsys havKeep e a whole ring, what I'm not clear on is why they use the index card as they seem to be able to speak english.

Very suspicious.

Posted by: Onika Maraj ()
Date: October 24, 2014 09:04PM

I live in KPW, but while I was at Burke Centre Chipotle, I saw the same lady with a Baby begging for money.. I saw her at Twinbrooke Shopping Center too.. It's weird

Posted by: sawther ()
Date: October 24, 2014 09:10PM

I saw womenwiblar in the lerl. I rn.

Posted by: Barack ()
Date: October 25, 2014 01:46PM

At PanAm Safeway a few weeks ago I had just picked up a head of romaine lettuce and was shaking the water off it when a young woman approached from behind and stuck an index card in front of me. She flinched when the water from the lettuce hit her in the face. The index card said something about needing money for medicine for her child. I just shook my head NO and moved on. A few moments later I noticed she had accosted another shopper in the produce section.

Posted by: BEWARE ()
Date: April 29, 2016 12:00AM

Classic gypsy scam.

Date: April 29, 2016 05:20PM

I see the same thing, except at the Walmart at Chantilly Crossing near Dulles Expo Center and the other Walmart in Fair Lakes. I guess there is something fishy about it, so I'll just insist on declining and funding charities that I know well.

Posted by: vixis ()
Date: April 29, 2016 06:27PM

Do not give these people money, giving them money deters them from going out and getting jobs and relying on free handouts. If they are here illegally, then they need to go back to their own country. Look at those on welfare, why should they work when the get money to stay home. My lil sister in law pulls this same crap, she pops out 3 kids. She has a husband but moved out because my mother in law convinced her she could get more money if she lived with her, she goes on welfare and gets $1,500 a month just for one freaking kid. She is trying to get $$ for the other two kids, the oldest is going on 10. The only job she had was before she had kids and that lasted a year and hasn't worked since. Since my mother in law died, she has been begging on Gofundme to get $13,000.00 to save the house and plays the piti me story. I have no sympathy for people who can work but refuse to, it's frustrating for taxpayers to support lazy asses.

Posted by: Dewdewdewey ()
Date: April 30, 2016 07:36PM

Fuck this cunt. I'll kick her in the cunt if she comes p to me with this crap. I'll kick hr fucking kid in the head when she drops it on the ground to run away. Fucking cockroaches. If she's able to fuck a guy then she's able to make him pay his share.

Posted by: WannaFuckJessica Simpson ()
Date: April 30, 2016 07:37PM

We should post her picture on here with where it was taken so we can track her.

Posted by: Dan Reyes ()
Date: August 25, 2016 05:39AM

The poor will always be with us versus the good Samaritan.   That is the struggle.   How to  combat the anguish of poverty without suffering from an impoverished spirit.   In America there are groups that are geared to helping the whole spectrum of those who are needy.  Those who are in temporary need, to those who are homeless.   Want to make a change... support those groups and point the needy to them.  Bless the man who gives of his pocket, thank God for the man who gives  not only from his pocket but also gives his time , using  both his heart and mind.

Posted by: True Christianity ()
Date: August 27, 2016 07:57PM

Jesus also pulled out a bullwhip and scourged scoundrels.

Don't pull that "Good Samaritan" shit on me. Any woman who is begging, and has a child with her, deserves to go to jail, and the child taken away from her.

Also, if you give to a beggar on the street, you are increasing misery. To help the homeless, you need to give directly to shelters. Beggars on the street come in to varieties: 1) the alcoholic; if you give him/her money, you are killing them; 2) the man/woman who at the end of the day goes back to their nice home, with a big wad of cash.

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.