HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112AllNext
Current Page: 11 of 12
Re: Beware - two italian guys in SUV - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: near IAD ()
Date: June 20, 2016 06:43PM

A short fat smelly guy pulled up behind us at a gas station near Dulles airport. We had just refueled the rental car and were headed to return it and catch a flight back to Des Moines. Tthe fat guy was in a gold Kia Rio and there was another older balding man with him and what appeared to be an older female in the car.

The younger fat guy started out by asking directions and then got in to more personal questions about our 3 children who were with us. Something seemed "off" about his tone and the way he was asking the questions. Then he pulled out a box of childrens' faux leather Armani jackets. He wanted to give us three jackets for free because he did not want to pay the customs duty to take them back to Italy. When we politely said we could not advantage of his generosity, he asked if we had any dirty kids' clothing to trade him. He specifically asked if we had any worn Underoos.

At that point my wife became livid and backed him up to his car. The older male got out of the Kia and started trying to get the first guy back into the car. He referred to him as "William" and the younger guy called the older one "Dad". The older man persuaded the younger one to get back into their car. He apologized to my wife and myself, and introduced himself as Richard Leroy Moreno. He said that his son was autistic and had a hard time relating to people but meant no harm. My wife advised him to keep an eye on his son and stay away from kids' underwear and if he spoke to our kids again she would make him regret the day he was born. We drove off without the jackets and are glad to be back home safely.
Attachments:
William Noneck Moreno.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Miranda ()
Date: June 28, 2016 03:23AM

I live in the Dallas area, and an Italian man approached me outside of an Office Depot. He asked if I knew Spanish, I said yes. He proceeded to tell me that he had these perfumes that he was trying to get rid of because they would not allow him to have them on the airport. I said I wasn't interested and I started to walk away pushing the stroller with my two children in it. He followed me with his vehicle-- a white toyota(at least I think it was a toyota). He said he was trying to get rid of 11 perfumes, all worth over $3,000 and they were all Calvin Klein, Chanel, and MK. Said I didnt have money on me. He asked if I had money on a card, that he could follow me to the nearest ATM. I said no. He kept pushing asking me to help him out and if I had anything at all. My son at this point had my diaper bag, he dropped it on the floor and a lot of things flew out. Among those things was my wallet, which the man picked up, quickly snatched my cash out of it, threw 3 perfumes at me as well as my wallet, and quickly drove away. I'm very mad. I can't even remember his name that he introduced me as (most likely an alias, but still). It started with an "S" and sounded foreign..

Posted by: Miranda ()
Date: June 28, 2016 03:25AM

The man in the white button up dress...he's the exact man that stole my money. May I ask how you got a hold of his picture?? Do you know his real name?

Posted by: unknown123456 ()
Date: June 28, 2016 04:21AM

This guy was in Redmond, WA on June 24th. The same story.
Attachments:
Capturye.GIF

Posted by: peb ()
Date: July 16, 2016 04:17PM

same story, they are in Montreal McGill vicinity, did not buy

Posted by: got burned ()
Date: July 18, 2016 07:53PM

Got hit today in Westminster SoCal. One guy in rented car looking for LAX - he's slick, gotta admit it. I should have known better of course, but once in a while you let your guard down and....

Posted by: butchy ()
Date: July 19, 2016 03:20AM

OMG! These guys got angry and sodomized the shit out of my anus. Then they mouthfucked me with their shit smeared, greasy wop dicks. I should have bought one of those goddamned jackets instead of getting dago AIDS.

Posted by: Antiscammer ()
Date: July 20, 2016 03:27AM

THE THIEF,REPORT HIM TO FBI
Attachments:
IMG_6976.PNG
Capturye.GIF
20140610_154353-2.jpg

Posted by: Fecal fortitude ()
Date: July 20, 2016 10:44PM

BEWARE these fecal jacket pushing Italian men have begun to operate in the Racine, WI area. Two men smelling of human waste approached me in the parking lot of Walmart and said they were fresh out of poop and needed some more. Then the shorter fat man produced a bucket and beckoned me to his van. It all seemed legit and i had a fresh turd nearly ready so I followed them. No sooner had I blasted out my bodacious brown beef burrito butt blast of bowel bonanza into their bucket, then I noticed that each of them were also shitting in their pants themselves. I was a bit taken aback because here I was donating my hard earned feces and these men were able to crap themselves. I was humiliated. Since i was nervous, I still agreed to rub my shit in their eyes for them but after that I made up a quick lie about needing to take a bath just to get myself out of there. And there were jackets involved. Same guys you are all dealing with for sure. Stay safe out there everyone.

Posted by: I've been had ()
Date: July 21, 2016 05:50PM

Same thing happened to me today in Rolla, MO. The poop, the jackets, the poop, etc.

Posted by: Almost Scammed in Federal Way WA ()
Date: July 25, 2016 07:26PM

I was just approached at the Federal Way, WA Costco, by a guy in a black SUV, thick Italian accent. He pulled up to me, saying he's not from the area, and hoped I could give him directions to SeaTac airport. That was about an hour ago. It is currently 413 pm, July 25, 2016. He thanked me for the directions, then handed me a business card reading:

designer
Mr. Luca F
GEORGIO ARMANI
via monte Napoleone, 354 Milano Italy
cell: +39 339 4594690 /office :39 02-5940600
E-mail: Lucadesiger@hotmail.com

He said he's a designer for Giorgio Armani, showed me seven leather jackets, along with showing me a book that lists their values, which were approximately $1,200 per jacket, and said because he doesn't want to pay taxes on them when he gets to Italy, he'll give me 3 jackets for me, 3 for my son and 1 for my wife, for the price of just one $1,200 jacket. I explained I don't have that kind of money, so he then dropped down to $600 for all seven jackets. He was alone, seemed really nice, but a SCAM IS A SCAM, people! Beware! Get his license plate number somebody, and notify authorities. Wish I'd thought to.

Posted by: Almost Scammed in Federal Way WA ()
Date: July 25, 2016 11:30PM

Oh and I almost forgot, he also offered to throw in some extra human turds for free! I actually almost bought at that moment the deal seemed so good but something told me the poop wasn't authentic Georgio Armani poop, but some low grade knock off poop. CON ARTIST!!

Posted by: Temmy ()
Date: July 26, 2016 11:58PM

Today July 26, 2016 i fell for it, a guy in a black USV asking for directions to the airport, in Astoria Queens, NY, sold me a jacket for 50$, he wanted to give me 7 for 600$ to buy an Ipad for his son, i felt it was something fishy, but jacket looks good and fit me well, when he ask me for 600$ I told him i don't walk with that much money, he wanted me to go to a atm i said no, after i gave him the 50$, he asked me if i have more, i gave him another 5, i am laughing so much cuz I never learn, should I wear this fake? maybe i can do some alterations...LOL..

Posted by: Temmy ()
Date: July 29, 2016 11:03PM

Oh I forgot to mention, he also told me I could use the jacket to wipe my ass. He left some laxatives in the pocket which I took and poop splatter promptly exploded from my bowels. I wiped my dripping rectum with the jacket and then wiped it on my face per his instructions. So the jacket wasn't really all that bad.

Posted by: Scammed in Factoria, Bellevue ()
Date: August 05, 2016 01:15AM

Two days ago, approached by a little woman claimed to be a designer in Bellevue for a meeting in a rental car, pretending to ask for direction to SeaTac to fly back to Italy and give me two Armani jackets for $200 in return. Same story, do not want to bring them back to Italy because of tax and give me a business card. Beware!

Posted by: What a Bunch of Dumbasses ()
Date: August 05, 2016 08:44PM

Are there still morons out there who are suckered by these Gypsies?

Posted by: Scammed in Factoria, Bellevue ()
Date: August 06, 2016 09:25AM

Yeah actually my curiosity got the better of me, after the initial encounter, I called the number on the business card they gave me. We arranged to meet at a highway rest stop where he pooped in my mouth. He gave me knock off jackets in return, they weren't that nice and only had a little poop on them.

Posted by: scamkiller ()
Date: August 09, 2016 03:18AM

This pos was in Seattle WA today 8/8/2016 at 1 pm. Capitol Hill neighborhood. Nissan Murano suv silver-ish. Wanted directions to the airport. The whole saga.
Attachments:
image.jpeg

Posted by: Giuseppe ()
Date: August 09, 2016 10:56AM

Stop blowing my spot up!!!!

I've got a great thing going here for people who are gullible enough to fall for the ol' bait and switch move.

Posted by: Piper ()
Date: August 15, 2016 03:11PM

My boyfriend was approached here in Davie, Florida a week ago and was given the same shit. I told him not to but he did anyhow. Though they didn't get much from him as we only had a little bit of cash on us. The perfumes he has are all knock-offs of the original. And the 3 watches are emporio di Milan. Be careful. He was in a grey jeep cherokee

Posted by: Piper ()
Date: August 15, 2016 03:47PM

And when I say I was given the same shit, I mean I to was given jackets with human (I think) shit in the pockets. The poop scented perfumes also enhanced the smell. Quite compelling until you realize it is a scam to get you to overpay for substandard poop. I told him off and went home to shit in my bathtub.

Posted by: Antonio Rizzovicci ()
Date: August 15, 2016 08:37PM

HEY FUCK YOU EH YOU FUCK HOLE OF THE DOG MY SUIT IS GENWINE TOP QWALITY DE ITALIA I DO NOT SELL THE IMPOSTER YOU SON OF THE BITCH I SELL HIGHER FROM 2000 SUIT A MONTH BECUSE MY SUIT IS THE BEST. YOU STOP SAYING SUIT IS FAKE AND HURT MY COMPINY YOU FUCK ASS BITCH BAFUNGOOL ASSHOLE

Posted by: Arlettie White ()
Date: August 29, 2016 05:20PM

They are in Miami by the airport

Posted by: YDT4V ()
Date: August 30, 2016 01:16PM

is moreno italian?

shut the fuck up already

Posted by: Darren Darcy ()
Date: September 26, 2016 12:27PM

North Snohomish County Washington State September 2016

So, on the up side of yesterday. While waiting for my friends Colin & Anthony to return with a truck, I was engaged by some strangers. A group of Harley riders made sure I was OK and had help coming and offered a phone. 2 wheels, same wind. As they rode off, this Toyota Highlandler w/ California plates & tinted windows pulled up to me. The passenger window went down & revealed 2 well dressed guys in suits. The guy in the passenger seat wearing sunglasses says in a thick Italian accent, "We like your Ducati. You are the smart guy. You buy the Italian bike." Then the other guy beaks in, "We're both from Milano." I cut him off and said, "Yeah, that's in Italy. I'll get there some day. But I'm going to the Ducati factory. It's east of Milano." The driver chimed in again as he pulled out a business card, "You are a smart guy. I work in fashion for Giorgio Armani. I've been to 3 shows recently & done well enough that I got a bonus from my boss. I'll share it with you." Then his friend says, "This is so we don't have to pay taxes on them when we go back to Italy. Let us show you these nice jackets we got." Then they pulled out an Armani booklet & pointed out 4 jackets ranging between $2000 and $900. The driver says, "Since you're our smart friend, you buy 1 for $900 & we give you all 4. You know how to use ATM?" That's when I looked both of them, smiled, "Sorry guys, it's not in my budget & besides, I'm your smart friend & can't figure out how to carry 4 extra leather jackets on my bike. Have a good day." Then I walked back to my bike. I got his email if anyone is interested.

Re: Two Italian guys again
Posted by: CarlV ()
Date: September 27, 2016 09:51PM

I saw these guys in Bellevue today. Did you end up buying from them? If so you can identify them from pictures I have and we can turn in to Bellevue PD.

Re: Two Italian guys again
Posted by: Ralspontfingketrisp ()
Date: September 27, 2016 11:19PM

CarlV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw these guys in Bellevue today. Did you end up
> buying from them? If so you can identify them from
> pictures I have and we can turn in to Bellevue PD.

No, but we can identify them by their poop. Please tell us you got a sample of their poop.

Posted by: none ()
Date: September 30, 2016 04:57PM

They were here in montreal corner peel and notre-dame at 15h.

Posted by: none ()
Date: September 30, 2016 05:01PM

He was alone in a white SUV. He said he was looking for direction for the airport and offered 4 jackets for 500$.

Posted by: Marin ()
Date: October 03, 2016 07:17PM

Same happen to me in Alexandria Va, near telegraph rd, same Italian speaking guy, bald head, same story, got $100 telling me that he wanted to get rid of the cloth because he was going back to Milan . I was so ignorant and the guy sound so truthful, that I thought i could do him a favor, and at the same I was happy to get something nice in return. Be aware he is in the virginia area, near alexandria where a lot of hispanic speaking people leaves. Didn't take his L plate, but it was a rental car, the SB sound like a real designer. Hope this help so you all don't get rip off

Posted by: Rulle N ()
Date: October 03, 2016 09:28PM

Marin Wrote:
> Same happen to me in Alexandria Va, near telegraph
> rd, same Italian speaking guy, bald head, same
> story, got $100 telling me that he wanted to get
> rid of the cloth because he was going back to
> Milan . I was so ignorant and the guy sound so
> truthful, that I thought i could do him a favor,
> and at the same I was happy to get something nice
> in return. Be aware he is in the virginia area,
> near alexandria where a lot of hispanic speaking
> people leaves. Didn't take his L plate, but it was
> a rental car, the SB sound like a real designer.
> Hope this help so you all don't get rip off

Marin, I am the one who ran over to the man's car before he left. I purchased 5 jackets from him for $100. He had already given my girlfriend a free jacket, so I guess that is part of the deal. At first I thought $16.66 was a good deal, considering he didn't charge tax and there was no shipping. Now I find the same thing on Alibaba for ~$12 and I think maybe I got rip off, except it was FOB China so maybe not? I'm wearing one of the jackets right now since it's cold out tonight.

There are some nice real leather jackets from Pakistan on Alibaba for $35.

Posted by: C-low ()
Date: October 07, 2016 05:08PM

Same thing happened to me about a hour ago, Italian guy asked where the airport was at so i gave him directions, he was really nice but he didn't try selling me anything, he gave me his business card and seen he had a really nice Rolex i asked him if i could see his watch and it was a real one but he just asked some questions gave me his card and was on his way but he was in a car with another guy, looked him up and seen this site. LOL.

Posted by: Ivl ()
Date: October 15, 2016 05:39PM

Same thing happened to me in Jackson Heights,NY about two hours ago. It was only one guy, told him I didn't have any money on me.

Posted by: need a watch ()
Date: October 15, 2016 05:45PM

C-low Wrote:
> Same thing happened to me about a hour ago,
> Italian guy asked where the airport was at so i
> gave him directions, he was really nice but he
> didn't try selling me anything, he gave me his
> business card and seen he had a really nice Rolex
> i asked him if i could see his watch and it was a
> real one but he just asked some questions gave me
> his card and was on his way but he was in a car
> with another guy, looked him up and seen this
> site. LOL.

I saw the same guy about 3 years ago and bought 2 jackets from him. The jackets are still going strong. Now I'm in the market for a nice imitation Patek Phillipe watch. Can you please post his info, or let him know to come here. My name is Martin and I was driving a red convertible, if he remembers.

Posted by: Mario talk ()
Date: October 19, 2016 10:20PM

So as I was at the gas station this guy blonde hair blue eyes pulled up in a rented car a blue kia I'm pretty sure is the same guy we all talking about next to me asking me if a speek Spanish I went up to him thinking he needed help well he did said he needed directions for the airport and that he was from Italy and had some watches that he could not take back on the airport he had 7 watches he wanted I good amount for them he showed me on a website the price of some of them going up to a thousand $ and to be honest the watches looked really nice I only wanted 2 thou one for me and my girl I offered him 50$ I felt like that was a good amount in case they were fake the watches did look nice and I will wear them they do look fancy and then plus he gave me a 3rd one for free felt good for my purchase until I search the watches and seen all this crazy post lol I'm glad I did not spent a lot of money I was willing to almost pay 100$ for the 2 thankgod I only gave him 50$ I feel sorry for the people that spent 100's$ this guy is a great actor hopefully one day he gets what he deserves for taking our hard working money I did like my new watches thou lol

Posted by: Mario t ()
Date: October 19, 2016 10:24PM

And by the way this was in house Tx around 45 north and richey st I just posted the name is Mario talk up there

Posted by: Mario ta ()
Date: October 19, 2016 10:25PM

I mean Houston Texas (Mario Talk)

Posted by: Dick simo ()
Date: October 21, 2016 06:35PM

Beware, these guys are operating in the San Ramon ca. Market.Tried to play the same scheme on me at the ATM machine.Posed as a Georgio Armenia exec. Etc,etc,etc,.Same MO .same bull shit.Unfortunately they picked the wrong guy.I had been a men's wear owner in the past and smelled out the scham immediately. He moved out post haste.
Beware!!!
Real Phonie!

Posted by: Antoine Bonard ()
Date: October 28, 2016 12:40AM

It was Thurs. afternoon when I asked my husband to pick up my kids coz I was not feeling well. He seldom pick up my kids he is always working. Anyway, to make the story short, when he was waiting for my daughter ( in front of little flower academy) this guy approach my husband.
He told him that he needs to buy iPad for his daughter,so, in order to do that he has to sell those leather jacket.
My husband was not reluctant to buy it coz the guy was really well dressed plus he was-driving Mercedes. The guy said that 5 jackets cost $200 & my husbandwas impressed coz he knows that leather is very expensive. Normally he always has cash on hand but that day he only got around $50,so, he went to Toronto Dominion bank to withdraw $200.
When he came home he was so excited to show me, but, he told me the whole story & I said there's something fishy behind that jacket.then he went to search Internet to find out wether there are similar story about what happened to him & he discovered that there were so many innocent victim. My advice to everybody be careful. It's too good to be true. There are so many scammer in this world. I felt sorry to my husband. He works so hard. He comes home late at night to support the family & that's all he got coz he wants to help him.

Posted by: Vancouver bc ()
Date: October 28, 2016 01:09AM

Cone artist in Vancouver driving back glad Mercedes
Rental from Mercedes in boundary today .plate number 906 ,,,
I'll be after your ass you could run but you cant hide
I travel too ,you make a mistake today too bad for you body .

Posted by: Morris ()
Date: October 28, 2016 09:39AM

Antoine Bonard Wrote:
> It was Thurs. afternoon when I asked my husband to
> pick up my kids coz I was not feeling well. He
> seldom pick up my kids he is always working.
> Anyway, to make the story short, when he was
> waiting for my daughter ( in front of little
> flower academy) this guy approach my husband.
> He told him that he needs to buy iPad for his
> daughter,so, in order to do that he has to sell
> those leather jacket.
> My husband was not reluctant to buy it coz the guy
> was really well dressed plus he was-driving
> Mercedes. The guy said that 5 jackets cost $200 &
> my husbandwas impressed coz he knows that leather
> is very expensive. Normally he always has cash on
> hand but that day he only got around $50,so, he
> went to Toronto Dominion bank to withdraw $200.
> When he came home he was so excited to show me,
> but, he told me the whole story & I said there's
> something fishy behind that jacket.then he went to
> search Internet to find out wether there are
> similar story about what happened to him & he
> discovered that there were so many innocent
> victim. My advice to everybody be careful. It's
> too good to be true. There are so many scammer in
> this world. I felt sorry to my husband. He works
> so hard. He comes home late at night to support
> the family & that's all he got coz he wants to
> help him.

Five jackets for $100 is about the best deal anyone has gotten them from him. You can get them cheaper buying directly from the manufacturer, but you would typically need to purchase a larger quantity to get the price down to the $10 range. Then you have to pay for shipping from China. The exact same jacket can be found on Alibaba.

Posted by: zorro ()
Date: October 30, 2016 08:56PM

Hi everyone ,Sorry the case is closed
Is no criminal record ,you accept to give money is pretty good in law ,
Good luck ,
Police don t go after con artist ,they are to busy at Tim's Horton
feel sorry i,i will bring in garbage bad for you,
Zorro

Re: Beware of an italian guy in a light blue KIA SUV - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: Billy Bob ()
Date: November 01, 2016 12:49PM

I was approached by an Italian guy in his late 30es or early 40es in the Costco parking lot in Fredricksburg, Va this past Thursday around noon. He asked if I knew of a certain Italian resturant. Then he said he was in charges of sales for Armini clothing and asked me to come to the passanger's side to have a look; when I did he extended his arm and told me to rub the sleeve to notice the quality of the Cashmere jacket he was wearing...but he wanted to get rid of the extra Armini lether jackets so he wouldn't have to take them back to Italy, Milano. Said they cost $700 but he would "give" them to me for $400. I told him I didn't have the money....he started to call me Papa...That italian asshole got me for $110...and the jackets were not the large jackets he first showed me...somehow he switched the bag for one that had one small and one medium size...and don't fit me....and do they ever smell!! I agree that they are fake lether full of pvc (polyvinyl chloride. ..a carcinogen)....I'm from Tennessee and knowing me, despite my 73 years, if I ever see that SOB again I'll likely pull his sorry ass out of his KIA Van and let him feel the full force of my still 17 3/4" biceps...

Posted by: LyTMp ()
Date: November 01, 2016 05:33PM

So Jimmy I get this new snow blowa from the depot. I take it out for it's maiden voyage and this clown won't get outa my way. So I run the bastard over you know? The mess was easy to clean up though Jimmy - take a look at this!
Attachments:
img2.jpg

Posted by: yb6YY ()
Date: November 01, 2016 05:33PM

Attachments:
img.jpg

Posted by: t74uF ()
Date: November 01, 2016 05:34PM

Attachments:
img3.jpg

Posted by: EJPdC ()
Date: November 01, 2016 10:58PM

bump

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 11, 2016 03:54PM

Hahaha, i just had the experience with the jackets right now here in Monroe Connecticut, the guy offered 3 of them. i manage as restaurant and he walked in asking if i speak italian then started from there, smelled like petroleum and asked 600, showed me his passport with the stamps from last month and some from 2015, i said i have 50 bucks for the three jackets and he kept asking for more then i gave him 50 and got me 3 fine fake jackets, he did the lighter test and blah blah blah blah, i happened to speak italian and spanish, good scammers same guys same gray suv

Posted by: Bill J. ()
Date: November 11, 2016 06:28PM

BEWARE!
They also appeared in Cupertino,CA! At first there was only one guy but then we saw two after we left. They had a different car, a jeep, and a different business card, it was white with his name in cursive. They conned my father and said that he had the same number of children as my father.
Be careful people in California!

Posted by: Sir Kekalot ()
Date: November 11, 2016 06:43PM

They're Italian so you know they're in the Mob.

Posted by: Ahmed-dubai ()
Date: November 14, 2016 01:23AM

now they are in dubai.. it is happend with me here in dubai.. one guy on Chevrolet sedan car offer armani suits...

Posted by: flemming ()
Date: November 21, 2016 09:04AM

a guy tried the same with me here in dubai, parking lot of a well known super market chain - asking for directions to the airport. had some spare suits from a collection and would give me one for my help. suddenly I could have three if I paid the tax on them (euro 2500), he was extremely convincing including business card, ticket and so forth. in the end I walked away, however, very convincing.

Posted by: Your Momma ()
Date: November 21, 2016 11:27AM

They aren't Italians. They are gypsies.

They ask if you speak Italian to make sure they can use the same scam story line on you. If you speak Italian, then it is a different story.

They only speak Roma (gypsy) and they are pretty sophisticated in their various scams. From bondo on the side of your car to fix that dent, to resealing your driveway to sweetheart scams and of course the ole "your money is cursed, we need to burn it/give it away" scam...

Posted by: Lizette ()
Date: November 21, 2016 02:44PM

Omg. Exact same thing just happened to me at 2pm at the bank of America miami beach on 41 st a guy in his mid to late 30s in a dark blue SUV asking for direction to airport then offer me 3 watches at 300 said they very expensive and and stated he had a show and have a flight and didn't have time to sell them and I told him I don't have that amount he ask how much do I have I told him 50 he said he would give it to me for 100 so I got it was looking up the real value and came this site just to find out if got scam. Fuck up situation but I have something for the next scammer.

Posted by: Mg ()
Date: November 22, 2016 06:07PM

Toronto, On. November 21, 2016 at around 11-12 noon. Just pulled up to my gym and long and behold an Itillian guy pulls up to the empty parking spot to my right and waves at me while smiling. Calls me over and tell me all this crap about getting promoted and being given 6 Emporio & Co watches for free. Gave him the time of day to show me each watch and he eventually offers me to buy 1 watch for 150 and get the other 5 for free. I didn't bite but I know he thought he had me for a second.

Posted by: Greasy Italians or Gypsies ()
Date: November 22, 2016 08:29PM

Look, anybody who buys something from a Gypsy, or any greasy Italian, deserves the consequences.

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving: Gypsies steal from stupid Americans and Canadians, and then they post their complaint.

It's Gold, Jerry, Gold.

Posted by: ./ ()
Date: November 26, 2016 01:23AM

They are in Chicago now. Same story, looking for direction to ohare airport and wants to give 3 free Armani jacket if I buy one. I got it for $200 ( 4 fake Jackets). Beware

Posted by: Ab ()
Date: November 26, 2016 08:32PM

Please beware they are in Brothers Pizza Mcsherrystown Pa. next to Hanover Pa. and speak fluent spanish. Two males. Sales person wore scarf and black leather jacket, black dress paants that were tight, and black shoes. They drive white ford kuga most likely 2016.

Posted by: Beware ()
Date: November 27, 2016 05:41PM

I'll repeat an earlier post:

If you are approached by a greasy italian or gypsy, and you are offered a "deal", then you deserve to get your ass handed to you.

Posted by: A O ()
Date: November 27, 2016 09:54PM

One of this guys is in Huntington Beach Ca. same story, he is driving a suv with Kentucky licence plates. same story. nov 26 2016 at about 3:00 pm

Posted by: FMjEt ()
Date: November 28, 2016 05:53PM

FMjEt

Posted by: 9dPN7 ()
Date: November 29, 2016 07:29AM

I saw them in Butte, Montana last week.

Posted by: jumMe ()
Date: November 29, 2016 03:37PM

jumMe

Posted by: pG3pm ()
Date: November 29, 2016 04:55PM

pG3pm

Posted by: KbyCj ()
Date: November 30, 2016 06:31AM

Beware two Republicans - one with orange hair

Posted by: AndyG ()
Date: December 09, 2016 09:12PM

Just happened today to me at Home Depot Colma. The guy was driving white Mercedez SUV. dark hair. italian accent. He said.he is designer from Italy. I bought 6 jackets from the guy for $900. What an idiot I am!!

Posted by: WorkingMom ()
Date: December 10, 2016 10:58PM

Well, after reading all the posts my belief is there is more than 2 guys out there scamming people. I know because they were in Utah. My husband came out of Shopko on the Ogden area and was approached by a guy who asked him directions to the freeway. He had Washington plates on the vehicle he was driving, that is all my husband could tell me. He showed him a book full of Armani leather jackets with expensive prices, then showed him the bag with 4 coats in them. My husband has had a brain injury and doesn't process things that are being said very quickly and only picks up part of what is being said. He likes leather jackets. The guy was able to sell him the 4 jackets, followed my husband to the credit union where he pulled out $400 and gave it to the guy thinking he had just gotten a good deal until he got home, took them out of the bag and their package and looked at them. Yep, he got so confused with the guy talking to him he didn't even look at them, nor try them on, he took the guys word when he told them they were pretty big..not...and before my husband withdrew money from the credit union in that amount we had an agreement we needed to discuss any large amount withdrawals. Our only income is his disability..I believe the guy targeted him in the parking lot...so be careful where ever you live. If it is to good to be true..it is..hard lesson to be learned.

Posted by: yas ()
Date: December 11, 2016 11:45AM

They were in a Home Depot in Campbell asking for directions to San Jose airport. Talking about going back to Italy and not paying tax on these items and he wanted to give these jackets to me as a present for the directions but then he went on about his daughter needing an ipad, etc. I gave them 100 for 4 jackets. Honestly, at the moment, even though it was a scam, I will keep 2 jackets that fit like a glove and very nice regardless. They were asking for much more but I wouldn't give them anything else.

Posted by: To Finish Off These Bastards ()
Date: December 13, 2016 09:41PM

Same story, same guys I believe. However, I didn't have much on me so I got 3 jackets and a heck lot of perfume for only $250.

Posted by: Chris Jones ()
Date: February 01, 2017 12:13AM

Beware they're in Las Vegas now

Re: Beware - Jo Sorrento
Posted by: PDelapasta ()
Date: February 09, 2017 02:52AM

Up here in Vancouver, single Italian man approx 60 yrd old. Driving Jeep Grand Charikee drives up to me and askes directions to a street in downtown Vancouver. I give him direction, he says thank you, briefly pulls away then backs up and says excuse me in he strong Italian accent. He says he's from Milan and askes if I speak Italian. He says he has something he wants to give to me as a gift that he can't take back to Italy because it will cost him to ship and he has room in his suitcase. He also gives me a business card that says he is the General Manager of the fashion house that markets the JO SORRENTO brand. Giving him the the benefit of,the doubt I let him continue on with his offer. He says he has clothing samples that are coincidentally my size. He has eight men's sport jackets and tells me they are a new microfibre and some with real leather. They actually look pretty decent. I thought he was giving them to me as he stated originally, then he said the two local stores that he sells to Nordstrom and Harry Rosen sell each one for $600 ea. He offers to give all to me, plus two women's jackets, for $600. Now my suspicions grew. I tell him that my wife wouldn't be thrilled was spending money on clothes instead of the 5 kids I have. He says he understands and respects my decision. He then begins to tell me he wants to buy a gift for his son, an IPad. He says he knows they're about $470. He suggests that if I buy the IPad for him I can have all the clothes. Now he's looking desperate. Things are smelling fishier now. I tell him " you want me to leave this Safeway parking lot and go to a store and buy you an IPad. He says yes. I tell him no. My son needs an iPad too. I thank him for his tell him I need to be buying food for my family now not clothes for me. He tells m ethics is a rare chance opportunity. I tell him, thank you but no. He shakes my hand says thanks and Ciao. I happen to be Italian and pretty street smart. I was really surprised how convincing at first this guy was. He was well dressed, articulate, had the stereotypical overuse of cologne. Had the city map in the passengers seat. Fashion magazine with pictures of him in some interior office space like some expose had been published on him or the fashion brand he claimed to represent. When I got home I did a bit of research. Harry Rosen and Nordstrom's don't carry any brand JO SORRENTO. JO SORRENTO does have a website but it looks highly bogus. No phone numbers or address of where in Italy it's based out of. The website claims retail locations in various locations in Europe, USA and South America. However, if you lookup any of the locations they don't exist. In retrospect I also remember how cheap his business card looked and felt. Not the calibre and quality you would expect from someone in the fashion world. Be aware of the phoney-baloney GINO ATIELLO - General Manager of BOTTEGA DEL SARTO!

Again Beware - One italian guy in SUV - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: Hoodwinked ()
Date: February 19, 2017 05:03PM

They are here in Tysons Corner VA today. Italian guy in an SUV pulled up and asked for directions to Dulles airport. Flashed an Italian passport... then offered 4 leather Armani jackets for $600. Luckily I walked away....

Posted by: B Finkle ()
Date: February 26, 2017 01:51PM

2/26/2017- Same story in Scottsdale Az. at gas station - white suv, going to airport needed directions- Italian Passport- clean well dressed selling to Nordstrom at Fashion Square- I gave directions- wants to give me a gift for me and later for my family 2 bags Collezioni AC Luxury Collection both suede and black leather- full lining stamped . Asked for money to buy Ipad for sons birthday - shows lots of credit cards says bank can't clear till Monday flying out tonight can I spot some money- $15 in pocket- can I pull some from ATM - which is right behind station- $100 later - he doesn't get near ATM while I am there- Pass the money asked if i can return one of the bags ( one had 2 coats -other had 4 coats) I gave back one bag back after I dumped out 3 of the coats. 5 coats for $115- End of story.

Posted by: Happened to me too ()
Date: March 30, 2017 04:09PM

I fell for this scam yesterday in Corte Madera, just north of San Francisco. A guy in a Mercedes SUV...same story that's been repeated here many times.

This is the guy.
Attachments:
IMG_5040.jpg

Posted by: Eric12 ()
Date: April 10, 2017 09:53PM

A guy named Luca approached me for the same thing: direction to the Calgary International Airport, offers of $10k worth of armani jackets in exchange for an iPad Mini for his boy. He's bold, in his fifties and drives a dark color (presumably black) SUV. I kindly declined his offers. Also made a call to Chinook Mall's Harry Rosen (where he said he's in town for business with them) and was told that it's a scam.

Fellow Calgarians, beware.

Posted by: Albert43 ()
Date: April 29, 2017 08:57PM

The same happened to me just today in Toronto, in front of casa Loma. Two italian guys, one of the said he was from Rome the other one from Milano offered me 4 jackets of AE Emporio (Armani I suppose). To tell you the truth one of this guys told me the jackets were really good quality and light a fire on one of the jackets, nothing happened to the jacket, not even a mark. I don't know anything about leather but they really look good quality.
So 4 jackets (even if they are fake they really look original), for 200, not so bad actually. The problem is that maybe these guys are stealing these jackets from somewhere. Beware

Posted by: Div ()
Date: May 05, 2017 05:17PM

Same incident happened with me today. Asked address to the airport. Then he started showing me jackets and told me he need some money to pay duty on airport. Showed me the jacket written emporio collezione. Said worth 1200 CA$. I offered him 50 CAD. And he was agree. I thought these are stolen ones but now i got to know it is kind of first copy. But still i saved 4.99 CAD because ebay selles Brown jacket for 54.99$ and it is nice quality too.

Posted by: John Caster ()
Date: May 08, 2017 02:42AM

This is the exact same guy that tried to scam me today! He asked me for directions, said he was a boss and a tailor. Said he was here for some fashion event and thanked me profusely. Showed me all the clothes and the whole bit, which at that point I already knew this dude was a scam but i entertained it since I had time. This dude legitimately tried to convince me that his daughter's name is Macaroni. And says she wanted a playstation 4. I laughed so hard on the inside and told him I would take off his head if he doesn't remove himself from my sight in the next 30 seconds.

Posted by: need more jackets ()
Date: May 09, 2017 05:40PM

I'm looking for some more jackets, a few hundred in assorted sizes for a retailer that is interested. Alibaba had them but now I can't find at a good price. Does anyone have a good link to buy? I want to pay around $12 per jacket, FOB.

Posted by: Edward ()
Date: May 18, 2017 03:25AM

San Francisco Bay Area now!

Yeah, same story said lost money in casino. Gave Me 3 jackets for free. Then asked money for the 4th one.
Two same guys with a black Mercedes SUV. Happened in a Shell gas station in Hickey Blvd, Daly City, California. I gave them $160.

5/17/2017 around 9:30pm.
Attachments:
Italy.JPG

Posted by: ested ()
Date: May 27, 2017 01:42AM

Yes they are in Bay Area now. I encountered two different guys with black Cadillac SUV in a Mountain View gas station. The older guy, "working for Armani", asked direction to SFO and then to thank me, tried to give me three jackets for the price of only one (ONLY $2200). I was not interested and besides, the sheepskin feels like man-made material. So we said good-bye without money exchange. Now I know they are everywhere. I wonder if those people attended the same training class.

Re: Beware - two italian guys in SUV - scam artists
Posted by: Peter K ()
Date: June 15, 2017 04:21PM

Happened to me today.
In manhattan Beach shopping center.4 jackets 600 bucks . Hope I don't see him again .I am a fool to be scammed . I will give him payback.

Posted by: Nothing left ()
Date: July 20, 2017 04:50AM

I just met one of these guys called "Antonio" in Richmond yesterday.
Same story as everyone else, asking for direction,
then giving 3 jackets for free, but ask money for paying
his car renting payment because his credit card is locked
by the bank and he so hurried to the airport.

I gave him 1500 CAD for his car renting payment,
not the jackets, but he wants me to keep them
and will pay me back when he gets back to Italy.

Right now I just know it's all lies.
This really makes me sad,
I just moved here from my country for 3 months,
and I thought here is a credible place.

Right now I just want to sell these jackets to make some money back...

Posted by: ANN ()
Date: August 11, 2017 01:41PM

I was in Publix yersterday (08-102-107) in Brickell area and italian guy approched to me with 8 watches (armani) asking for $ 800 then he reduced to $ 300 and showed me some photos, money and credit cards telling that for taxes he needs to sell the watches.

I think it was a good deal but thenI realized that it can be a scam and refused to continue and he got very angry. He was in SUV

Please be aware

Posted by: REWP ()
Date: August 30, 2017 10:56PM

Same story. In a parking lot of a Chinese grocery store (San Mateo, CA), a guy in an SUV stops, asks through the window for directions to the airport. Listens attentively, seems to understand somewhat. Makes room for another car that is pulling out, starts a conversation, shows me "Giorgio Armani" jackets he cannot take back to Italy because he'ld have to pay excessive taxes. Each of those jackets sells at Nordstrom for more than $1000, as he shows me in a price list. Hands me four jackets as a gift. Then mentions his sixteen year-old son in Italy whose birthday is tomorrow and he wants to give him a "Playstation 4" so that he can play "FIFA 2018" soccer games. I show him the way to the nearest XY department store where he decides to buy a Sony Playstation 4 for $300 + tax (which he chooses over a $400 "Pro" model). In an altruistic motion, I suggest charging the Playstation to my XY credit card to get a discount for him, supposing that he'll give me cash for the discounted price. He seems to partly understand the idea with the discount, yet after the Playstation has been charged to my card, he only expresses his warm gratitude. I'm somewhat disappointed, but still think it's been a great deal for me. Only in the evening, at home, I start having doubts about the four expensive looking jackets in my car and his business card from Milano, Italy... Hope everybody else will be smarter than I! (It's been exactly the same guy as in the picture someone posted here on May 18, 2017 (attached here again).)
Attachments:
DomenicoItalianFashion_at_gmail_dot_com.JPG

Posted by: waki ()
Date: September 13, 2017 11:06AM

fuck i just got scam with this fucker italian mon damn and stupid move this italian mob are here in mississauga now...i was also approach same way in parking lot and sam by this fucker for few dollars..

Posted by: Vikram singh ()
Date: September 17, 2017 01:59PM

Same thing happened with me today.

Posted by: keb ()
Date: October 25, 2017 04:07PM

and the scam continues. in calgary alberta today (Oct 25, 2017). i didn't bite so he is still out there in a dark grey grand cherokee peddling his story (this version was the "i lost too much money at the casino last night and can't pay for my rental car bs")

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 02, 2017 06:07PM

Hey Guys,

I just got burned feeling sorry for the guy (I'm Canadian).

It seems this is a huge international ring.

It is many people involved in many different areas of the globe over many years.

They are trained professionals who custom suit their pitch to each person as they see them. The story is still - on the way to airport and don't want to pay taxes etc at customs for the jackets.

They are glad for your simple help by giving you the jackets and then you feel bad taking it for free to a travelling visitor to your country.

Real slick and hats off to them (over so many regions and over so many years same story and no one gets caught or sees this post to link it to the bigger picture.

Posted by: Bigloser ()
Date: November 11, 2017 08:50PM

Now in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Two guys in the SUV. Only one did all the talking.

Fake Italian accent, Need directions to the airport, Showed his Italian passport. Same business card as above but now with a Ferrari on one side and Armani on the other.

I was lucky to not have any money on me, They walked off. I would have easily given them $200 for the fake jackets if I had it on me.

Re: Beware - A Italian driving white suv - scam artists (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: Bekoy ()
Date: November 16, 2017 04:18PM

Just happened today at around 1 p.m. in front of Mark's Clothing Store in Eglinton Town Center in Scarborough, Ontario. A Italian very friendly guy around 25 to 30 years old stopped me asking a direction going to the Toronto International Airport. He is in the middle of the road when he approached me and I asked him to park his car in the parking lot. He told me that he is in Toronto for one week fashion show and he said to me that he is a fashion agent and his name was Armando. He showed me four different leather jackets that he doesn't want to bring those back in Italy. He told me he has a son and he want to buy him an IPad and he asked me if I can give him $400 instead and he will give me his 4 leather jackets. He is so convincing he even mentioned to me that he married a filipina. Telling about so many things about Italy. This is my first time experience with this incident without knowing that his story was really good to be true. He said to me that his flight was about 5 pm. So I give him $400 in exchange with 4 leather Jackets. After that he asked me again about my wife to give her something and I said "No" keep the other 3 jackets with you so he didn't insist. He wants to drive me home but I said "No", 'I'm fine." I don't know about this until I get home and asked my son to check this for me and he found out that it is a scam. $400 is a lot of money but because he is so convincing and looks real to me that's why I didn't think twice before I give him the money. What can I do? It's too late. In life, we have to work for the money but the only issue with the leather jackets are a little bit smelly like strong chemical (PVC). The 4 jackets are looking good, brand new and looking good. I would say I am a victim of a false life's story maybe yes but how do I know about this people doing this thing until I became a victim. The only thing I have to say is as Canadian we are kind and compassionate people but don't trust strangers if they asking big amount of money in exchange use our discernment. Now, it is a big lesson to me not to engage with this individual. What to do with the 4 jackets? No choice but to use them with this upcoming winter. Looks like a hundred dollars each. My son told me, "As long as you're happy, keep it." I'm not saying I'm happy for getting the 4 leather jackets (fake) for $400. I could save the money for important things. I don't want this incident happen to me again. Be careful out there! Don't be the next victim!

Re: Beware - italian guy - scam artist (emporio a collezione)
Posted by: Maria ()
Date: December 01, 2017 11:35PM

So my super sweet husband bought 4 jackets for 200.00 he said he knew they were fake but he still liked them. We live between LA and San Francisco. I think he said it happended in San Jose. Just be smart peopme. They don't stink but sure don't smell like leather. It's unbelievable that people take advantage but on the same note I don't know how you can pay 200.00 for 4 jackets. I shop at Burlington coat factory. Lol

Posted by: Rob ()
Date: December 11, 2017 12:51AM

Met this Italian guy on my way to Montanas on Eglinton and Hurontario Central Mississauga. Wished I read these threads before he made me an offer for 6 jackets. I was looking for something to get my brothers and cousins, something nice for Christmas. He was very nice, and he didn't pressure me to buy, he said he just wanted to make a trade cos he wanted to get his 16 yr old daughter a present in Italy. She really wanted a Sumsung phone cos in Italy its in Euros and more expensive. He even showed me pics of his family. I was convinced he was who he was cos he even showed me his card and Italian passport. Yup same story as the other threads, on his way back to Italy from a fashion show in Square one mall, and he represents the new designer lines. Worth at least $800 each, but he can't take them back to Italy. Anyhow long story short, I picked up the jackets. I'm just concerned about the smell, cos if they are carcinogenic then those guys are causing a danger to the public. Well I'll tell my giftees to give them a good wash or spray with soap and wster. As for my Italian amico, Michele(pronounced MiKeLeH) aka Mike also known as Francesco, whoever you are,God help you cos he sees everything, and Karma is really what makes us human. Ciao and enjoy your $800, and if u read this, there was another guy right after you that started asking the same thing as I was about to leave the parking lot...$133 each I guess I paid for each Jacket. He even asked me how much I paid...funny guys. I still love Italian food and all the culture, but guys don't do that to people that are not as fortunate.
Attachments:
Screenshot_20171211-002136.png
IMG_20171210_145416.jpg

Posted by: Antonio Rizzovicci ()
Date: February 21, 2018 11:44PM

HEY YOU MOTHERFUCK STOP A POSTING MY PECTURE EH FUCK YOU I ONLY SELL 100 PERCINT REAL SUIT ARMANI ASSHOLE NOT A FAKE ONE. SON OF THE BICH DOG ASSHOLE WHORE OF THE MOTHER STOP SAYING THE LIES MY BISNESS GET RUIN BECUSE OF YOU SON OF THE BITCH.

Posted by: William Scott ()
Date: April 23, 2018 06:16PM

Same thing happened today with my dad, luckily I was aware of this scam and he didn't bought anything. Same exact story an Italian bold guy with blue eyes approach him and show his passport and his fake business card. He was selling him 4 Giorgio Armani jackets for $300. This happened in NJ Union City.

I took pictures since I was aware of that scam.
Attachments:
20180423_164624_1524518429567.jpg
IMG_20180423_181200.jpg
IMG_20180423_181218.jpg
IMG_20180423_181351.jpg
IMG_20180423_181503.jpg
ext_GAZ_deg01x640.jpg

Posted by: STEWMAC ()
Date: April 23, 2018 06:52PM

Think of all the advertising revenue Cary could have earned on this one stupid thread alone that's being visited from all over the world.

Posted by: 3xxbh ()
Date: April 23, 2018 09:21PM

Yea there's two Italian guys selling coats in the parking lot, but there's 10 black guys who just jumped off a boat waiting to demand them on humanitarian claims!

Posted by: Pisa D. Off ()
Date: May 21, 2018 11:08PM

Stung! They got me today on the upper east side of Manhattan, 96th street between 2nd and 3rd. Two guys driving expensive clean new SUV west. The pitch was good and to be honest my greed got the best of me, I thought I was getting a good deal on some very expensive items. Same story, which was, "tell me the way to JFK airport," also "we can't pay the Italian taxes so we have to unload these jackets before going back to Italy." They showed me the jackets which looked good. The guys were super charming, well dressed, well mannered, these things threw me off the scent of it being a scam. My alarm bells were going off but their pitch was so good it threw me right off the scent. I was in a good mood, the weather was nice and I had (unfortunately) just been to the bank to do some shopping so I had a pocket full of cash. I bought 5 jackets from them, I'm embarrassed to even say how much I gave them, more than the amount most of the people on here have been taken for I'm sad to say.
When I got home I looked up these jackets on the internet and they were going for $35 to $75 each new, so I got angry, not with them but with myself for being so gullible. I paid considerably more for them than most of the people who got ripped off on this thread. Pity I wasn't wiser about designer couture or I would have known the value of these were of the low end variety right away.
I'm pretty sure what they're doing falls into a grey area of the law, where it's not exactly illegal, seems it's a fair barter exchange between two parties, con artists and the idiots (example- me). I just hope writing this helps protect other victims for falling for the same confidence trick.
As our parents used to tell us, don't talk to strangers. It still applies in adult life.
I am-
Pisa D Off

Posted by: anonymousiuhiuhiubb ()
Date: June 12, 2018 08:35AM

Don't feel embarrassed. I got scammed $2000 by them. A lot more than most people on this thread.

Posted by: Lil Whiz ()
Date: October 03, 2018 07:35PM

HE IS IN MASSACHUSETTS THIS WEEK HAD 5 JACKETS AND WANTED $500 TO BUY iPHONE WATCH FOR HIS WIFE IN MILAN.TRIED TO USE THE SAME KIND OF SALES PITCH.
Attachments:
Guazzeppe

Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112AllNext
Current Page: 11 of 12

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.