HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: WORST APARTMENT COMPLEXES IN FAIRFAX?
Date: July 17, 2013 03:50PM

ALERT!!! AMBERLEIGH TOWING!!! AMBERLEIGH TOWING!!! AMBERLEIGH TOWING!!!

PARKING FIASCO TARGETING GUESTS!!!!!!!!!! ANYONE WHO DATES OR HAS FREQUENT VISITORS SHOULD READ THIS AND TAKE HEED!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS NOT AN EASYGOING PLACE TO MOVE. I SAY THAT, BECAUSE YOUR FREQUENT GUESTS ARE HIGHLY LIKELY TO END UP PAYING EXORBITANT TOWING FEES!

There is extremely limited “GUEST” parking at Amberleigh. Anyone saying that parking for guests is “ample” is not telling the truth and/or is an idiot; likely both.

At least 95% of the spaces are not marked on the parking surface or by signage. If a visitor parks in an unmarked space (the vast majority of spaces) or in a space painted “RESERVED” without WRITTEN PERMISSION from management (in the form of a PASS), the guest’s vehicle will be TOWED. You didn’t know that an unmarked space means “YOU WILL BE TOWED” did you? Most visitors don’t.

“RESERVED” spaces are costly and are provided only to residents.

The rest of the available parking spaces at Amberleigh, which are extremely limited in number, are imprinted with the term “GUEST” on the parking surface. Walks of up to 4 blocks to find a “GUEST” space are common. “GUEST” is a misnomer. Visitors are apparently not welcome. “GUEST” parking is for “temporary guests” (THIS MEANS FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY). Residents who desire to extend guest parking for more than one night must get a pass before 6:00 PM Monday-Friday or before 5 PM Saturday and Sunday. This is extremely inconvenient arrangement for people that work. It is impossible for many, especially those who make or change plans during the evening hours.

What this means people, is that visitors without a pass, who park in a "GUEST" spot at night, leave during the day, and then come back the next night, ARE TOWED if they park ANYWHERE on Amberleigh property the second night. Yes….ANYWHERE!!!! That includes other “GUEST” parking spaces. Photos are taken of cars and license plates nightly, primarily in “GUEST” parking areas and ostensibly, of any car that is TOWED. This is done for documentation purposes. Amberleigh management and the towing company must gleefully proclaim that they will “get you” sooner or later if you visit people that live there, or at least that’s in my rear view mirror.

TOWING is $125.00. An “after hours” fee of $25 is also added for a TOTAL of $150.00 in TOWING/After Hours charges. They tow principally at night, ostensibly, so as not to be seen. The TOWING Company (as of this writing Dominion Towing) only accepts CASH!

I highly recommend avoiding this debacle. Ask ANYONE who lives at Amberleigh. All of them know someone who has been TOWED. Your friends are likely to be TOWED if you move there. There are other places with policies that are more “visitor friendly”. Amberleigh is anything but!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shouldva ()
Date: November 21, 2013 10:41PM

ARBOR PARK OF ALEXANDRIA/PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THERE!!! ALL THE REVIEWS ABOUT HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT, TOWING, ROACHES, MOLD, AND MICE ARE ABSOLUTELY TRUE! ADDING INSULT TO INJURY, MANAGEMENT ATTEMPTS TO KEEP TENANTS FROM COMPLAINING OR TRY TO COVER HOME PROPERTIES BEHIND BY GIVING TENANTS LETTERS STATING THEIR HOMES ARE FILTHY AND IN VIOLATION OF SECTION 6 PART B OF THEIR LEASE AGREEMENTS! DO NOT MOVE HERE! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

Posted by: unfairfax ()
Date: November 21, 2013 11:38PM

You all should have looked at apartmentratings.com before moving in...but I digress....

My vote for worst apartment complex in Fairfax County goes to *drumroll* ANYTHING in culmore. I shouldn't have to elaborate. And I am not talking about the people living there, I am speaking on the conditions management leaves people to live in. A shame....

Date: November 21, 2013 11:50PM

While We're on the topic....can I get a SERIOUS answer WHY the police do NOTHING about the OBVIOUS illegal problem???

I hear rabbling about votes on here- but we all know the really CAN'T vote- so put all the political BS aside----WHY????? It CAN"T be just the cheap labor- the way the economy is- people are desperate for jobs out here!!! I know if my chips fell, I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to go dig a ditch/mow some lawns/sell some big macs to get rent paid!!!!!

Ok, I am waiting on your answer!!!!

My vote still stands for CULMORE so I am still on topic- but I want to hear from YOU ALL!!!!

Posted by: razeitall ()
Date: November 24, 2013 09:40PM

unfairfax--I think it might not be in their jurisdiction (not sure if that's the word) to deal with illegals. But I damn sure wish someone could kick them out. I live near that area and hate that it's allowed to be a slum. I wish the county could practice eminent domain, go in and raze the entire place to the ground. It would do wonders for property values in the area.

Posted by: Chuck.. ()
Date: November 24, 2013 09:49PM

Most apartment buildings have roaches. It only takes one slob living there to bring them in. In a high rise it is impossible to get rid of them. An exterminator told me its due to the trash chutes. The bags break open on the way down and food is spilled inside the chute. He called it the roaches elevator.

Posted by: former resident ()
Date: November 25, 2013 12:24AM

Has The Fields in Lorton gotten any better since I moved away from there? I haven't lived there in several years, thank God, but while I was there, we had:

--an attempted rape in the parking lot, complete with screaming
--domestic violence on the floor above me resulting in a broken plate-glass window that fell on my balcony
--garbage bags being thrown off balconies and landing in the branches of trees
--a scary man standing on my patio for whatever reason in the middle of the night...I turned on my porch light, and he still just stood there
--police coming to my place to ask questions in some investigation
--my car stolen from the parking lot (locked, no keys in it)
--took three weeks to fix my A/C in the dead of summer with two small children in the apt.
--the remains of a body found in the woods behind my building (I swear to God, this is 100% true)

Posted by: Piehead ()
Date: November 25, 2013 05:36PM

former resident Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has The Fields in Lorton gotten any better since I
> moved away from there? I haven't lived there in
> several years, thank God, but while I was there,
> we had:
>
> --an attempted rape in the parking lot, complete
> with screaming
> --domestic violence on the floor above me
> resulting in a broken plate-glass window that fell
> on my balcony
> --garbage bags being thrown off balconies and
> landing in the branches of trees
> --a scary man standing on my patio for whatever
> reason in the middle of the night...I turned on my
> porch light, and he still just stood there
> --police coming to my place to ask questions in
> some investigation
> --my car stolen from the parking lot (locked, no
> keys in it)
> --took three weeks to fix my A/C in the dead of
> summer with two small children in the apt.
> --the remains of a body found in the woods behind
> my building (I swear to God, this is 100% true)

Sounds interesting, please add more examples if you have them

Posted by: Sophia Vergara ()
Date: November 26, 2013 10:33AM

Park Street Apartments. Cedar Lane Apartments. Both in beautiful downtown Vienna.

These are slums in every way. Illegals, mostly men, living 6-8 in a two BR apartment or two families with three children each sharing a two BR apt. Gross. Dirty. Crime-ridden. Droves of lazy illegals congregate in Cedar Lane parking lot all day long, doing nothing except harassing Thoreau girls walking to and form school.

Date: November 26, 2013 06:26PM

Sophia Vergara Wrote:
> Park Street Apartments. Cedar Lane Apartments.
> Both in beautiful downtown Vienna.
>
> These are slums in every way. Illegals, mostly
> men, living 6-8 in a two BR apartment or two
> families with three children each sharing a two BR
> apt. Gross. Dirty. Crime-ridden. Droves of
> lazy illegals congregate in Cedar Lane parking lot
> all day long, doing nothing except harassing
> Thoreau girls walking to and form school.

Referring to these? http://www.southernmanagement.com/vienna-park/

No suprise. The rent for a 2 bedroom is like $1,500/mo- so they HAVE TO live 6 deep to afford that rent with no real jobs to speak of! 1500/6= 250 each to have a space on the floor, couch, or 1/2 a bedroom.

I looked at these myself 5 years ago- and they were slummy then. The illegals like this place because it is easy to get to Vienna metro from there, since they can't have cars...or if they do they park them on cedar lane and hog all the street space. In their country, they are not as clean as we are here in the lower classes....hence the roaches, bedbugs, and old-world diseases being passed around...nor do they have RESPECT for women there, hence the catcalling....nor do they know it's not proper to drink coronas on the street like they can in Mexico or El Salvador or wherever- so they do it anyway...and when the police come they can't ask if they are illegal or not and they give a fake name "Jesus Juan Paul De La Cruz" becomes "Juan Paul" to the police- and with so many surnames it is hard to keep track of who's who....

...not to mention there are JOBS out here in Northern VA (like food service, construction, etc) the Hispanic supervisors pass along to their fellow Hispanic men, overlooking any qualified white/black/asian people= but that is another thread. Look at Takoma Park/Langley Park, MD- same thing. Close to metro (or frequent buses) and JOBS with LOTS of restaurants/laundromats/other business to work for.

Hagel Circle when I lived there!
Posted by: Stephen Petchel ()
Date: December 21, 2013 06:44PM

WOE Wrote:
> Wow!
>
> Very informative posts.
>
> Definately do your homework, research and
> back-ground checks before signing your leasing
> papers and making your security deposit payments.
>
> Better Business Bureau is another way to research
> on APARTMENTS. Just a thought.

Posted by: Safety First ()
Date: December 22, 2013 05:05AM

A murder in Prestwick Apartments in Falls Church in 2010. I think they have renamed the complex since then.

Posted by: 2017 ()
Date: January 16, 2017 06:15PM

What would you guys say the worst ones are here in 2017?

Posted by: Just wondering ()
Date: January 16, 2017 08:13PM

Curious...do the apartments that surround Culmore charge extra for parking?

Posted by: Joke Insurance ()
Date: January 17, 2017 04:11PM

How is Vienna Park?

Posted by: Class_of_94 ()
Date: January 04, 2024 06:07PM

What were those old apartments at the corner of Judicial & Main Street? By the cemetery. Burned around 2004 and they just left them abandoned for a long time. Million dollar houses there, now. What was the name of that place?

Posted by: Golden Gate Apartments ()
Date: January 04, 2024 08:46PM

Whores & meth heads

Posted by: Yorkville Coop Draper Dr & Casto ()
Date: January 04, 2024 10:13PM

You gotta see to believe

Posted by: 113334 ()
Date: January 05, 2024 01:10AM

Class_of_94 Wrote:
> What were those old apartments at the corner of
> Judicial & Main Street? By the cemetery. Burned
> around 2004 and they just left them abandoned for
> a long time. Million dollar houses there, now.
> What was the name of that place?

INCREDIBLE UNTIL ...

I CHECK THE WEIGHTS AND BALANCES. ..

* I WAS THREATENED NOT TO HAVE KIDS AND A JOB UNTIL I COULD, MY LIFE THREATENED

* MY FAMILIY HEAVILY TAXED AND THREATED BY FX CO GOV

* NOW THEY HAVE NO RULES FUCK ALL DAY USE "TAX MONEY" TO FUND ILLEGAL ALIENS FUCKING

NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT WEHRE THAT FUCKING MONEY CAME FROM BEFORE I CLAP

BECAUSE I'M ABOUT TO KILL YOUR ASS FOR DOING IT

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.