HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Anyone ever been to World Gym in Fairfax
Posted by: Gym ()
Date: September 04, 2010 11:33PM

I would like to join Lifetime but it is too pricey, anyone know anything about World Gym in Fairfax? There are no reviews online.

Re: Anyone ever been to World Gym in Fairfax
Posted by: Les ()
Date: September 05, 2010 01:05AM

Planet Fitness is supposed to be about 15/mo.

Posted by: nahhdon't ()
Date: September 05, 2010 09:24AM

I was a member of World Gym for a few months at 20 bucks a month. It's not worth it unless they have really overhauled the inside since I was a member.

It used to be a school or something similar and, because of that, the equipment is in really awkward locations. It's like taking a small museum and randomly putting a stair-master somewhere...then in the next display room, putting a squat rack. The bathrooms were small as well. The only benefit to this place was that it was 24 hours.

Posted by: Gym ()
Date: September 05, 2010 11:43AM

I need a gym right in Fairfax or next to it, Manassas and Falls Church are too far, but thanks Les. Nahdont that is very helpful, sounds weird.

Posted by: Juxtaposition ()
Date: September 05, 2010 01:53PM

All gyms suck.

24 hour gyms are just bearable.

Whatever you do, don't sign a contract! Or you'll have to give them written notice or something to cancel your membership and that can be ahassle.

Posted by: Egghead ()
Date: February 19, 2012 10:25PM

Gym Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would like to join Lifetime but it is too
> pricey, anyone know anything about World Gym in
> Fairfax? There are no reviews online.

The gym is small, but well-equipped. Definitely cramped, but never a wait to use the equipment. The price is definitely right. Men's locker room is rarely cleaned and often missing bare essentials like toilet tissue, soap. Makes mid-day workout and return to work a challenge.

Posted by: apollo creed ()
Date: February 19, 2012 10:41PM

I understand the need for a workout..but why not use dumbbells or a few kettles?
work out at your home or apt.
you know the risk of getting staph and other crazy shit you can get from a gym? not worth it.

Posted by: meh ()
Date: February 20, 2012 12:06AM

I go to World Gym currently after being a member at Lifetime and Mason. Lifetime is a fucking awesome gym, but it is like $70 a month.

I pay 15.99/mo for World and it's...acceptable. I live right down the street so that's probably the main thing that keeps me going there. There isn't, as far as I know, a long term commitment either.

There are only two benches and one squat rack but I rarely have to wait for stuff, and if I do have to wait it usually isn't for very long. Missing some equipment I wish they'd have (area for deadlift/power clean, have to use bench barbell; hammer strength equipment) but you can make do.

Bottom line, it's cheap as fuck and located on Main St in Fairfax. If that sounds good, it's a good gym. If not, there are plenty of other options.

Posted by: brothers ()
Date: February 20, 2012 05:55AM

use to be gold's gym?

This forum powered by Phorum.