HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Greenbriar Giant out of lot of critical items
Posted by: Giant issues ()
Date: January 14, 2022 08:23PM

Most recent user review this week at
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Giant+Food,+13043+Lee+Jackson+Mem+Hwy,+Fairfax,+VA+22033/@38.8791043,-77.3989473,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89b645e72f6c1a45:0x8f8fab02a85ef93f

This is concerning. Other local Giants like this below?

Use to be good overall, but in recent months, staffing and now product shortages more so than their closest competitior as far as pricing. This week on pick up order over 20% of items out of stock, especially critical items in dairy, milk, eggs, and ground beef which asked for reasonable substitutes and store so out of stock in those also they could not. Online pickup order department person said number of delivery trucks did not make it in, am guessing here in the national omicron metro DC epicenter that some of their workers out with COVID. It does not help this is a heavily trafficked store. Then went to the local Harris Teeter in store and found scattered shortages sure, only say around 10%, but found nearly all of the critical items this Giant did not have. Also at least since this summer this Giant's pharmacy department short staffed as on majority of days, one person manning the front counter and the poor pharmacist handling both prescriptions and vaccinations at this busy store, over an hour wait to get a flu shot back in October. The store employees trying hard as they may, but corporate leaving the store short staffed and products on the shelf or lack of for the store's high volume of customers. Until this local COVID surge is over, do not foresee using this store at all, and after then only on a limited basis. Pharmacy business with them am moving to a different store.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Greenbriar Giant out of lot of critical items
Posted by: Mgmt response ()
Date: January 14, 2022 08:51PM

Hi, unfortunately, due to unprecedented demand many products have been out of stock. Our store associates and suppliers are working diligently to restock these high-demand products and we are doing everything we can to keep up. We appreciate your patience during this difficult time. If you have any questions, need any assistance, or want to provide additional feedback, you can always reach us at 888-469-4426.

Posted by: Really. ()
Date: January 14, 2022 09:03PM

Corporate double speak for mostly supply chain shortages. Drivers and workers out with COVID. Not so much affecting Harris Teeter, hmnnnn.

Posted by: Jim in Sterling ()
Date: January 14, 2022 09:05PM

Elden St. Giant in Herndon was still well stocked an hour ago.

Posted by: Money Greed ()
Date: January 15, 2022 05:15AM

Reading between the lines it's all about the money, greed. Why would a busy pharmacy be short staffed for months.

Posted by: Actual Situation ()
Date: January 15, 2022 09:09AM

Shortages caused by racism and global warming.

Posted by: Milk ()
Date: January 15, 2022 09:34AM

Shelves at the Grand Union grocery in Fairfax City were looking good earlier this morning.

Posted by: 45u56ii56 ()
Date: January 15, 2022 06:32PM

Pics or it didn't happen.

pics and tell what brand/products is missing. probably Nabisco.

i used to work near there a while - a couple times at least

last time i stopped there (usually only for parts not in my area in stock there) - i stopped at the PHARMACY for dental stuff

THE NIGHT CREW WERE TATOO HISPANICS THAT LOOKED LIKE MS-13 GANG MEMBERS and didn't speak english. and it's the last time i ever stopped in that shopping center.

THERE'S YOUR ANSWER: IF it's still in production in USA, then it's been stolen by your local democrats

Posted by: 65uiu7i656 ()
Date: January 15, 2022 06:35PM

hunan restaurant prices haven't been rising. maybe they're getting free eggs from "somewhere"

Posted by: 45uy56 ()
Date: January 17, 2022 01:43AM

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

Date: January 17, 2022 03:22AM

See post #2 in this thread Mgmt response acknowledging problem which someone, not me, copied from Google maps user business review, response of store owner. Reason for pickup order so not go into store because of high spread of COVID. Only evidence personally is copy of pickup receipt having name and address details which not publicly posting, and call from pickup department day of prior to pickup last week which did not record, but she working that department was calling a number of pickup customers that day.

Did go into Giant Greenbriar around New Years weekend not needing much. I got literally the last orange juice on the shelf that afternoon. There was a news story and picture of another DMV Giant with empty shelves. Any investigator needing more evidence, go see for yourself, but recommend a N95 mask in this busy store. You might also be able to ask the store manager there for copies of pickup receipts from last week, but you may need a search warrant.

All I can say for this Giant, enough is enough or lack of it on the shelves. Any common sense person with a reasonable choice will find elsewhere to shop during this COVID period. Mngt response #2 post lacking, maybe demand issue, but really supply issue. That store has normally been busier than average. Harris Teeter, at least one went to, not having this supply problem as severely, very interesting.

Maybe other first hand eyewitnesses of this Greenbriar Giant will post including pictures.

Date: January 17, 2022 08:44AM

Me again. I just came back from Giant, where I was asked to leave and banned from the property for life. I asked the manager if it was because of my posts, and he replied that it was because I continually show up at the store without pants, touching myself. Please refer to post #2.

Date: January 17, 2022 08:52AM

Giant issues Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Me again. I just came back from Giant, where I was
> asked to leave and banned from the property for
> life. I asked the manager if it was because of my
> posts, and he replied that it was because I
> continually show up at the store without pants,
> touching myself. Please refer to post #2.

Quote is not from the original Giant issues poster in this thread.

Posted by: Thanks ()
Date: January 17, 2022 01:42PM

Giant issues Wrote:

I LOL'd

Posted by: This ... ()
Date: January 17, 2022 09:48PM

Giant issues Wrote:

... is one of the reasons I check out Fairfaxunderground.com several times a day.

Now watching football. Antenna reception only. Another blowout.

Posted by: Beijing Biden ()
Date: January 17, 2022 10:03PM

Posted by: Joe Bunker Hiden ()
Date: January 17, 2022 10:05PM

Posted by: Beijing Biden ()
Date: January 17, 2022 10:15PM

Posted by: LOL. ()
Date: January 17, 2022 10:30PM

LOL (laughing out loud)

Posted by: MLK ()
Date: January 18, 2022 12:44AM

They have no money for diesel for their supply trucks because they gave it all to BLM and diversity and equity training. How are the minority victims east of the river in DC supposed to eat now??

Posted by: Bare Shelves Biden ()
Date: January 18, 2022 03:14PM

Dear Giant shopper,

I want to thank you for your continued patience and understanding while we work to restock our stores to our normal level of service. As our entire region manages through yet another very challenging period caused by several recent weather events and the ongoing effects of the pandemic, we have experienced significant strain on our supply chain. Please know that we remain 100% committed to serving you, and in providing you the absolute best shopping experience in the market.

We take very seriously our role in serving you and your family, and in supporting our communities in times of need. Our teams have been and will continue to work around the clock to return to the high-level of service you expect and deserve as quickly as possible.

Giant has served our local communities for over 85 years, and I am immensely proud of our teams of associates who have shown again and again, through countless challenges over the past two years, that they are simply the best in the business. During your next shopping experience with us, if you have a chance to share your gratitude with them, I know they appreciate your support as well.

On behalf of our store, distribution, and supply chain teams, thank you for your continued support.

Respectfully,

Ira Kress
President, Giant Food

Posted by: Giant letter ()
Date: January 18, 2022 04:11PM

Is this letter above posted on their website somewhere or was it an email only distribution?

Posted by: Bare Shelves Biden ()
Date: January 18, 2022 04:59PM

Email. I guess since I'm in their gas rewards program whatever that's now called.

Posted by: Registered Democrat ()
Date: January 18, 2022 08:24PM

The issues are 100 % the fault of racism global warming Trump wanting to close the border still , border walls and coal mines, 800 billion in US weapons left in Afghanstan no 100 dollar min wage and the fact the Republicans keep people's of colors from voting

All proof that Trump was the worst US President and JOE BIDEN is the best , looking at my hand I'm a person of a color too , I can't vote because Trump lives in my head and I'm too consumed with getting him to pay me my rent due, he's about 5 years behind

Posted by: please change that meme ()
Date: January 18, 2022 08:26PM

To JOE BIDEN HEALS THE NATION

Posted by: Supplies ()
Date: January 19, 2022 04:20AM

If you need more cocaine, please call Hunter Biden.

Posted by: Danny the drunk ()
Date: January 19, 2022 05:34AM

The only critical items are at the ABC store

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.