HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: 6juu4 ()
Date: June 06, 2022 08:06AM

Joe Ball and Jake Rohm said the same thing as Chad... e.g. on their first drive Smith player's take down of the Madison receiver in the end zone before the ball got there in front of the ref that was a no call...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Snake eyes ()
Date: June 06, 2022 03:25PM

What is going on over at Tusky?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: JakeR ()
Date: June 06, 2022 08:55PM

6juu4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Joe Ball and Jake Rohm said the same thing as
> Chad... e.g. on their first drive Smith player's
> take down of the Madison receiver in the end zone
> before the ball got there in front of the ref that
> was a no call...

I'd like to see that play again... IF the ball wasn't thrown before the contact, all bets are off. SoCo & Westfield actually have significant wins where offensive players isolate then push off to get open.. Refs never call OPI because the QB had't gotten rid of the ball yet.. AND refs are taught to call it that way..

BTW, who'd believe anything Joe Ball or Jake Rohm had to say anyway!? Rohm reported after that Smith game that Kevon King had 200 yards rushing vs Madison... Hmmmm it was actually over 290 yards!! The Warhawks were Crushed & Smith's best player, Covil, only played the 1st quarter!

Madison did well vs their teams in their own neighborhood. That's all end of story.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Huhhhhhh ()
Date: June 06, 2022 09:21PM

What happened at Tusky?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Xyz ()
Date: June 06, 2022 11:00PM

Madison won’t be the same team in this up coming season, such a senior heavy team with mediocre under class men. Will their coaching be able to carry them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: LoCo in the know ()
Date: June 07, 2022 07:22AM

Tusky coach on administrative leave.
Interviewed by police for inappropriate relationship with students. Don’t think this will end well for him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Fpphg ()
Date: June 07, 2022 05:57PM

Xyz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Madison won’t be the same team in this up coming
> season, such a senior heavy team with mediocre
> under class men. Will their coaching be able to
> carry them?


I guess Centreville would be up next? Just don't who else is ready? Maybe this Dec they would play the championship gave up here?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: FridayN ()
Date: June 10, 2022 06:09PM

It feels like a Football night in September, cooler weather & ready to go see a game

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Hpdduv ()
Date: June 14, 2022 09:35PM

If gas & diesel prices keep going up, the billions that were planned for the teachers & their union MAY have to go towards keeping the buses running.

Who thinks Northern VA cancels Fall Sports includi g football? Overall lack of interest and poor performances don't help.

No Football in 22!!?

We need the money to pay for electric buses.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: The man ()
Date: June 16, 2022 12:49PM

Bumping this thread

Only two more weeks till teams start practicing. Excited for this year. What are your predictions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Lady Bird Bruin ()
Date: June 16, 2022 05:35PM

Doc is cooking right now...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Scurrrd ()
Date: June 16, 2022 06:04PM

The man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bumping this thread
>
> Only two more weeks till teams start practicing.
> Excited for this year. What are your predictions?

No season. Schools won't be able to afford football after the unions got the teachers 10% pay raises! Hell the buses won't run on $6 diesel & everthing will return to virtual classes again.. Just gonna have start some club football teams for the rich kids to play.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Black Buck ()
Date: June 16, 2022 06:20PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: hhfusj ()
Date: June 16, 2022 08:04PM

I saw TJ’s schedule today, it’s yet again a complete joke. They do however play Lewis, I wonder why they refuse to play the rest of that shitty district

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: listencoaches ()
Date: June 18, 2022 01:26PM

as practice starts in 2 weeks, I want to bump this thread and bump this post with some advice for coaches.

Recruiting is terrible and should probably be dealt with legally somehow. However, some programs do a terrible job at the right type of recruiting, that being driving turnout from their own school. IDK if this is the job of the VHSL, VDOE, individual counties, or whoever, but there needs to be support programs in place to drive turnout from kids at their own school. Why do we think turnout is down across the state? Why do so many people say the talent level has decreased? Why does RE Lee HS (lewis) only have 25 some kids in their program in a school of over 2,000? Its not like kids have to even pick up a football prior to highschool to be able to play like other sports (baseball, typically). Highschool football programs needs to have serious school pyramid outreach to drive interest. Kids need to get into the weightroom prior to HS and then during all of HS. Theres a lack of interest? Coaches, get to your feeder middle schools and DRIVE that interest. Thats how the level of talent in FFX is going to improve.

Additionally, building a program means community outreach, volunteering, and fundraising. This can be done through fooddrives, leaf raking, selling christmas trees, etc etc. The more the team means to the community, the more people will come to games, buy tix, food, donate etc. Feedback loop that improves the program. This is what madison does and part of why their community supports them so much.

outreach to middleschools means going to them on field day, having an assembly, or whatever, and selling them the idea of playing football. Have your players go there and meet kids. It means having a pyramid game where all the kids from the HS pyramid middle and elementary schools get in free. Give them a shirt or whatever too. Let them go on the field after and meet players. It means having a summer camp for these kids to learn some football, it means an afterschool program in middle school to prepare them (basic lifting, sprinting, flag football). This is why Texas HS football is so good.

Like every high school that recruits has figured out..... its about jimmy's and joe's, not X's and O's.... so develop your jimmy's and joe's, and get more of them !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Scurrrd ()
Date: June 18, 2022 06:55PM

listencoaches Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> as practice starts in 2 weeks, I want to bump this
> thread and bump this post with some advice for
> coaches.
>
> Recruiting is terrible and should probably be
> dealt with legally somehow. However, some programs
> do a terrible job at the right type of recruiting,
> that being driving turnout from their own school.
> IDK if this is the job of the VHSL, VDOE,
> individual counties, or whoever, but there needs
> to be support programs in place to drive turnout
> from kids at their own school. Why do we think
> turnout is down across the state? Why do so many
> people say the talent level has decreased? Why
> does RE Lee HS (lewis) only have 25 some kids in
> their program in a school of over 2,000? Its not
> like kids have to even pick up a football prior to
> highschool to be able to play like other sports
> (baseball, typically). Highschool football
> programs needs to have serious school pyramid
> outreach to drive interest. Kids need to get into
> the weightroom prior to HS and then during all of
> HS. Theres a lack of interest? Coaches, get to
> your feeder middle schools and DRIVE that
> interest. Thats how the level of talent in FFX is
> going to improve.
>
> Additionally, building a program means community
> outreach, volunteering, and fundraising. This can
> be done through fooddrives, leaf raking, selling
> christmas trees, etc etc. The more the team means
> to the community, the more people will come to
> games, buy tix, food, donate etc. Feedback loop
> that improves the program. This is what madison
> does and part of why their community supports them
> so much.
>
> outreach to middleschools means going to them on
> field day, having an assembly, or whatever, and
> selling them the idea of playing football. Have
> your players go there and meet kids. It means
> having a pyramid game where all the kids from the
> HS pyramid middle and elementary schools get in
> free. Give them a shirt or whatever too. Let them
> go on the field after and meet players. It means
> having a summer camp for these kids to learn some
> football, it means an afterschool program in
> middle school to prepare them (basic lifting,
> sprinting, flag football). This is why Texas HS
> football is so good.
>
> Like every high school that recruits has figured
> out..... its about jimmy's and joe's, not X's and
> O's.... so develop your jimmy's and joe's, and get
> more of them !

Rich kids are afraid to hit anyone. IF they play this season, they will play their version of flag football with pads on, then get embarrassed again playing vs Smith.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Marcus ()
Date: June 20, 2022 05:28AM

If you compare the new season with what it was a couple of years ago, you can see that we are still returning to active sports. Those who prefer to believe only facts can look at the statistics on this portal - https://1xbet.com/en/ I'll be happy to see who from this team will move to the next level))

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: heyyyyy ()
Date: June 20, 2022 02:13PM

looking forward to parentof2's recaps and projections this year! no one does it better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: IMG Football ()
Date: June 20, 2022 04:45PM

Marcus Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you compare the new season with what it was a
> couple of years ago, you can see that we are still
> returning to active sports. Those who prefer to
> believe only facts can look at the statistics on
> this portal - https://1xbet.com/en/ I'll be happy
> to see who from this team will move to the next
> level))


https://t.co/17HJCI1drT

Not a single kid from Northern VS made the USA HS Football Too 100 Team? So, who would be the best player in the area for C/O 24 AND, are they even the Top 300 or Top 500 players?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Inquiring Minds 2022 ()
Date: June 20, 2022 09:59PM

Update on Tusky?????
How can they let dude return. We have a NEXUS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: IFYSHA ()
Date: June 22, 2022 09:23AM

Why have some teams still not posted their schedules? Madison & Stone Bridge to be specific.. it’s almost July!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: NYVPE ()
Date: June 23, 2022 08:44AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: indmnntn ()
Date: June 23, 2022 07:05PM

IFYSHA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why have some teams still not posted their
> schedules? Madison & Stone Bridge to be specific..
> it’s almost July!!!!

VHSL Schedule:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Crhqidvn5CrSwvYsNtW6IGAXkJgn45TV/view

From:
https://www.vhsl.org/football/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: vt9nj ()
Date: June 23, 2022 07:06PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Cav Guy 2022 ()
Date: June 27, 2022 08:51PM

Don't sleep on Woodson or the short guy!

Woodson football is back, look for them to tear up the Patriot district this year.
They have a whole new coaching staff, lead by HFC Eric Henderson, that is bringing in a strong work ethic, that's never been seen at Woodson before.
They have a D1 lineman who is being heavily recruited, D1 receiver and QB who is ranked in the top 10 in the state. This could be the best Woodson team in a few decades!

They have been battle tested in playing in a number of 7v7 tournaments, so the passing game is on point. The run game will be strong running behind a very large OL. The defense has shut down capabilities, as shown in the 7v7 tournaments.

This be the year they take down Lake Braddock, Robinson and South County!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: sameold ()
Date: June 27, 2022 09:03PM

Cav Guy 2022 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't sleep on Woodson or the short guy!
>
> Woodson football is back, look for them to tear up
> the Patriot district this year.
> They have a whole new coaching staff, lead by HFC
> Eric Henderson, that is bringing in a strong work
> ethic, that's never been seen at Woodson before.
> They have a D1 lineman who is being heavily
> recruited, D1 receiver and QB who is ranked in the
> top 10 in the state. This could be the best
> Woodson team in a few decades!
>
> They have been battle tested in playing in a
> number of 7v7 tournaments, so the passing game is
> on point. The run game will be strong running
> behind a very large OL. The defense has shut down
> capabilities, as shown in the 7v7 tournaments.
>
> This be the year they take down Lake Braddock,
> Robinson and South County!


they are horrible

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: PAT District fan ()
Date: June 27, 2022 10:48PM

Cav Guy 2022 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't sleep on Woodson or the short guy!
>
> Woodson football is back, look for them to tear up
> the Patriot district this year.
> They have a whole new coaching staff, lead by HFC
> Eric Henderson, that is bringing in a strong work
> ethic, that's never been seen at Woodson before.
> They have a D1 lineman who is being heavily
> recruited, D1 receiver and QB who is ranked in the
> top 10 in the state. This could be the best
> Woodson team in a few decades!
>
> They have been battle tested in playing in a
> number of 7v7 tournaments, so the passing game is
> on point. The run game will be strong running
> behind a very large OL. The defense has shut down
> capabilities, as shown in the 7v7 tournaments.
>
> This be the year they take down Lake Braddock,
> Robinson and South County!

South County will be solid and too much for Woodson.
LB will be dominate and put a running clock on Woodson.
Robinson will be down, but most likely still incredibly physical and disciplined which will make them a tough team for Woodson to beat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: DoYouKnowBall ()
Date: June 27, 2022 10:49PM

7 x 7 isn’t real ball… LB, SOCO, ROBO are all bigger than WTW and will crush them. Henderson is a good coach and WTW will probably smoke all the out of district teams they play this yr

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: sameold ()
Date: June 27, 2022 10:52PM

DoYouKnowBall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 7 x 7 isn’t real ball… LB, SOCO, ROBO are all
> bigger than WTW and will crush them. Henderson is
> a good coach and WTW will probably smoke all the
> out of district teams they play this yr


lucky for them they play Falls Church and Lewis

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: region guy thoughts 2022 ()
Date: June 28, 2022 02:10PM

Please, with the Woodson talk... You have won what like 2 games in the past 3 years.....how about you win a few games before you talk all that smack!

Name 1 big game Henderson has won? Even with all the talent he had at West Pot, he has never won the district or a regional title. He played in a very weak division at Hayfield and won a few district titles.

He had much better talent at West Potomac and Hayfield then he does at Woodson and he couldn't beat SoCo, LB and Robinson then, what makes anyone think he can now, with lesser talent?

Playing summer flag football doesn't mean squat! When you have 4-5 seconds to
throw the ball and no one gets hit, that's not real football. You are in for a rude awakening when the season starts

BTW...the QB isnt even top 10 in the district, they have backups in the Patriots district that are better.

I see them winning 2 games...3 if they can beat Wakefield, not likely.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Chantilly boi ()
Date: June 28, 2022 02:41PM

Chantilly football is gonna be a beast this year!
Gots some transfers and young blood.
Gonna beat down you. South County sux. Coming at you
Get your champ tickets for Charger football now!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: dcoc ()
Date: June 28, 2022 04:42PM

Chantilly boi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chantilly football is gonna be a beast this year!
>
> Gots some transfers and young blood.
> Gonna beat down you. South County sux. Coming at
> you
> Get your champ tickets for Charger football now!


yeah, without any coaches. good luck

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Oakton Football ()
Date: June 29, 2022 03:18PM

Everyone loves to talk tough this time of year. Just wait until the season starts. We’re going beat up on our opponents just like last year. Only instead of 4-0 one month in, we’ll be 8-0 two months in. Book it. Oakton coming back to what we were. So what if we’ve only won 4 games the last 3 years. We’re baaack and you better deal with it! Best coaching staff in Virginia! And the best football players too!!

So while everyone talks about SoCo, LB, Westfield, Madison and Fairfax, keep sleeping on us.

And Yes, I said Fairfax. The word is they are stealing and illegally stashing players from all over Northern Virginia. 3 new “transfers” last week. So they’ll be ok again. But none of it matters - because nobody does it better than Oakton! Cougar Pride!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: sameold ()
Date: June 29, 2022 04:11PM

Oakton Football Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Everyone loves to talk tough this time of year.
> Just wait until the season starts. We’re going
> beat up on our opponents just like last year. Only
> instead of 4-0 one month in, we’ll be 8-0 two
> months in. Book it. Oakton coming back to what we
> were. So what if we’ve only won 4 games the last
> 3 years. We’re baaack and you better deal with
> it! Best coaching staff in Virginia! And the best
> football players too!!
>
> So while everyone talks about SoCo, LB, Westfield,
> Madison and Fairfax, keep sleeping on us.
>
> And Yes, I said Fairfax. The word is they are
> stealing and illegally stashing players from all
> over Northern Virginia. 3 new “transfers” last
> week. So they’ll be ok again. But none of it
> matters - because nobody does it better than
> Oakton! Cougar Pride!

you're smoking crack

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: IFHAK ()
Date: June 29, 2022 05:18PM

“So what if we’ve only won 4 games the last 3 years.“

This is all you had to say, Oakton is hot ass

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: That Dude ()
Date: June 30, 2022 12:33PM

Majority of these athletics websites either lag, don’t work at all, or they lack info. FCPS coaches need to get it together and administration needs to switch to a new platform

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: chantillyB ()
Date: June 30, 2022 02:06PM

Chantilly boi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chantilly football is gonna be a beast this year!
>
> Gots some transfers and young blood.
> Gonna beat down you. South County sux. Coming at
> you
> Get your champ tickets for Charger football now!

THE only way ANY Class 6 team has won a State Title is to get some of the best players to transfer into your district!!! kids that move as incoming Freshmen is a sign that the coaches have created enough momentum and and buzz about their program. IF transfers occur right after a new coach comes in, there's usually under the table recruiting involved.

Anyway, if your team ain't getting those kids into your program, your not going to beat Smith! Right now, Battlefield is the only team creating any excitement in the area, period!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Haymarket Guy ()
Date: June 30, 2022 06:22PM

Speaking of Battlefield, ‘23 CB Caleb Woodson literally just committed to Virginia Tech.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: chantillyB ()
Date: July 02, 2022 10:16AM

Haymarket Guy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Speaking of Battlefield, ‘23 CB Caleb Woodson
> literally just committed to Virginia Tech.

that's great!!! are any top players in the area inside the Gainesville HS?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: cueuxhd ()
Date: July 02, 2022 12:31PM

I doubt it. They are a new school and they play TJ… lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: nationaldistrict ()
Date: July 03, 2022 03:50PM

Who has predictions for the National District??? Realigned, now its Falls Church, Jeb Stuart, Mount Vernon, Lee, Annandale, TC Williams, and Hayfield. Whos doing what this year?? Season is barely a month away!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: HRHDHS ()
Date: July 03, 2022 08:08PM

Replace TC with TJ… Hayfield wins division with ease.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Say what ()
Date: July 04, 2022 10:33AM

Nothing against Gainesville. But why would you think big time players would come from a football program playing their first season at the varsity level. I wish them well, but they are are years away from being established as a football program.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: HumpBumP ()
Date: July 08, 2022 12:47AM

BUMP! Spammers are out of control.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: the man ()
Date: July 08, 2022 09:07AM

ONLY THREE WEEKS TILL PRACTICE STARTS LETS GOOOOOOOOOO

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: ViennaGuy ()
Date: July 08, 2022 09:22AM

Madison scrimmages Woodgrove & North Stafford…good quality comp to get them ready for the regular season. The reason of FFX schools scrimmage each other in what’s known as a “shit fest.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: What's the deal? ()
Date: July 08, 2022 10:16AM

What is the deal at Tusky?The Underground is slipping on intel

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: JCYDHS ()
Date: July 08, 2022 01:06PM

It’s Loudoun County & you know how they operate.Nothing will happen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: The man ()
Date: July 08, 2022 04:25PM

Heard the running back from centreville committed to play at villanova. Anyone have the scoop?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: LocoLolo ()
Date: July 10, 2022 01:15PM

Haven’t heard anything about Ragland… Do y’all think Stone Brisge is the favorite to win it all again this year in class 5?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Scrimmages ()
Date: July 11, 2022 06:23PM

Battlefield scrimmages Lake Braddock and Robinson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: HFUDHS ()
Date: July 11, 2022 07:04PM

Scrimmages Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Battlefield scrimmages Lake Braddock and Robinson.


Most of the scrimmages are the same as last year

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: BumpGuy ()
Date: July 18, 2022 10:09AM

We are getting closer… anyone have any news to report?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: nufan ()
Date: July 18, 2022 11:20PM

C’Ville scrimmages Broad Run and Marshall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: MDCEB ()
Date: July 19, 2022 06:52AM

Westfield scrimmages Mt Vernon (A) 12 Aug and Woodbridge (H) 18 Aug.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Joe Schmoe ()
Date: July 19, 2022 10:56AM

Any word on Fairfax HS changing their team name??? I heard they might be permanently changing it to the Fairfax Rojas-Pride. I guess in honor of the kid that saved the program? They won like 3 games in 3 years before last season and didn’t even have a JV team for a couple years. Talk about putting a coaching staff on your back! Well done, kid. The key to the city should be his.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: JFHEDH ()
Date: July 20, 2022 11:14AM

MDCEB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Westfield scrimmages Mt Vernon (A) 12 Aug and
> Woodbridge (H) 18 Aug.


Damn where did you hear this at? Westfield has only a black & gold scrimmage and the MTV scrimmage listed on their sports website but the Woodbridge scrimmage is gonna be interesting if true

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: JimPoythrust ()
Date: July 20, 2022 06:35PM

Woodbridge also scrimmages Hayfield. Battlefield scrimmages Robinson and LB.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: XDTFJ ()
Date: July 21, 2022 06:50AM

JFHEDH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MDCEB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Westfield scrimmages Mt Vernon (A) 12 Aug and
> > Woodbridge (H) 18 Aug.
>
>
> Damn where did you hear this at? Westfield has
> only a black & gold scrimmage and the MTV
> scrimmage listed on their sports website but the
> Woodbridge scrimmage is gonna be interesting if
> true

The scrimmage was only added early this week, but it is happening.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: XHTVN ()
Date: July 21, 2022 11:38AM

"Heard the running back from centreville committed to play at villanova. Anyone have the scoop?"

It's on his twitter account: @zayraglandd

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: nufan ()
Date: July 21, 2022 01:58PM

He did commit….on another note, heard they lost their linebacker to Dematha.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: True? ()
Date: July 21, 2022 06:02PM

Word on the street is Freedom-WB football coach was let go. Is this correct?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Bring back Ball Coach GW! ()
Date: July 21, 2022 07:52PM

JFHEDH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MDCEB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Westfield scrimmages Mt Vernon (A) 12 Aug and
> > Woodbridge (H) 18 Aug.
>
>
> Damn where did you hear this at? Westfield has
> only a black & gold scrimmage and the MTV
> scrimmage listed on their sports website but the
> Woodbridge scrimmage is gonna be interesting if
> true

Woodbridge not the same since they let Ball coach Wortham go and horrible dude from west Springfield Jason something… took over.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: JFJSN ()
Date: July 22, 2022 02:00PM

What’s to expect out of Madison and South County this year?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: iiivywvxka ()
Date: July 23, 2022 09:13PM

True? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Word on the street is Freedom-WB football coach
> was let go. Is this correct?

Doubtful, he has a good relationship w administration, they all have his back and the kids seem to really like him. There first scrimmage is at Freedom against DeMatha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: High School Football 2022 ()
Date: July 23, 2022 09:44PM

kunta Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> probably team with most niggers that have re
> classed ,warhawks let a 20 year old convicted
> felon nigger gain 290 yards alone



Probably so, but you do realize that it IS the rich, white families who's loser kid can barely catch the ball that supports the ghetto nigrettes and imports them from such lovely places like Newark and Norfolk to live in OUR communities and play for our High School teams, hence bringing in their family drug dealers and gang bangers, like Donaven Williams?

White greed always comes back to bite ya in da ass.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: DaYak ()
Date: July 25, 2022 02:43PM

bump

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: South Lake ()
Date: July 25, 2022 10:40PM

Touchdown
Attachments:
432B9C23-99FA-4C65-B095-1FDABB262EFA.gif

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: pl4nj ()
Date: July 27, 2022 11:46AM

Scurrrd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> listencoaches Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > as practice starts in 2 weeks, I want to bump
> this
> > thread and bump this post with some advice for
> > coaches.
> >
> > Recruiting is terrible and should probably be
> > dealt with legally somehow. However, some
> programs
> > do a terrible job at the right type of
> recruiting,
> > that being driving turnout from their own
> school.
> > IDK if this is the job of the VHSL, VDOE,
> > individual counties, or whoever, but there
> needs
> > to be support programs in place to drive
> turnout
> > from kids at their own school. Why do we think
> > turnout is down across the state? Why do so
> many
> > people say the talent level has decreased? Why
> > does RE Lee HS (lewis) only have 25 some kids
> in
> > their program in a school of over 2,000? Its
> not
> > like kids have to even pick up a football prior
> to
> > highschool to be able to play like other sports
> > (baseball, typically). Highschool football
> > programs needs to have serious school pyramid
> > outreach to drive interest. Kids need to get
> into
> > the weightroom prior to HS and then during all
> of
> > HS. Theres a lack of interest? Coaches, get to
> > your feeder middle schools and DRIVE that
> > interest. Thats how the level of talent in FFX
> is
> > going to improve.
> >
> > Additionally, building a program means
> community
> > outreach, volunteering, and fundraising. This
> can
> > be done through fooddrives, leaf raking,
> selling
> > christmas trees, etc etc. The more the team
> means
> > to the community, the more people will come to
> > games, buy tix, food, donate etc. Feedback loop
> > that improves the program. This is what madison
> > does and part of why their community supports
> them
> > so much.
> >
> > outreach to middleschools means going to them
> on
> > field day, having an assembly, or whatever, and
> > selling them the idea of playing football. Have
> > your players go there and meet kids. It means
> > having a pyramid game where all the kids from
> the
> > HS pyramid middle and elementary schools get in
> > free. Give them a shirt or whatever too. Let
> them
> > go on the field after and meet players. It
> means
> > having a summer camp for these kids to learn
> some
> > football, it means an afterschool program in
> > middle school to prepare them (basic lifting,
> > sprinting, flag football). This is why Texas HS
> > football is so good.
> >
> > Like every high school that recruits has
> figured
> > out..... its about jimmy's and joe's, not X's
> and
> > O's.... so develop your jimmy's and joe's, and
> get
> > more of them !
>
> Rich kids are afraid to hit anyone. IF they play
> this season, they will play their version of flag
> football with pads on, then get embarrassed again
> playing vs Smith.

If you watch the Madison vs Smith game, you see exactly that same issue. King rumbled over nearly every tackler for 290 yards! I didn"t see a single hit vs a Smith player that you'd be impressed by. Every tackle was a shot at a kids lower region or if they impacted above the waist, Smith players brushed them away!!!

BTW, Thomas Dale could be included in challenging Smith along with Battlefield. Starting hear about some transfers into the Knight's program. Just not hearing about anything significant from Northern VA teams.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Wildcat Nation ()
Date: July 27, 2022 12:07PM

https://t.co/gSDKwXNN1x

Isaiah Ragland interview with Matthew Hatfield from VA Preps.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: CVille 10th Grade ()
Date: July 27, 2022 02:13PM

Centreville Football is gonna be stomping.
We have great players at all levels.
My level JV is going to be like crazy nitro blood for the varsity.
Otha schools going to say who dat?!!!
We say the toughest team. Come see us play.f

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: vyjjj ()
Date: July 31, 2022 01:14PM

Centreville probably has the most experienced group of athletes in the Concorde this year. Lot's of talent and veteran leadership. Other than the RB nothing really special. But it could be enough. Honestly, the biggest question mark for them making a run at the region much less states is coaching. Can they get it done for 3-5 playoff wins?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Mister Mike ()
Date: August 01, 2022 10:41AM

Football is officially BACK! First day of practice is today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Mister Mike ()
Date: August 01, 2022 11:27AM

Mister Mike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Football is officially BACK! First day of practice
> is today.


South County goes down to scrimmage Highland Springs on Saturday. I thought the first week of practice was just helmets and no pads, I wonder how that works.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: FFXCO football is dead ()
Date: August 01, 2022 01:23PM

vyjjj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Centreville probably has the most experienced
> group of athletes in the Concorde this year.
> Lot's of talent and veteran leadership. Other
> than the RB nothing really special. But it could
> be enough. Honestly, the biggest question mark
> for them making a run at the region much less
> states is coaching. Can they get it done for 3-5
> playoff wins?


If this CVHS are the odds on fav to make it to states from the North Region, my goodness how far football has fallen off up here. Even as recently as 5yrs ago this CVHS would’ve been last place in Concorde district. LBHS, SCHS, RHS, heck West Springfield would’ve rolled them by 50+. Football is dead in the FFXCO. Stick to lacrosse, basketball and swimming. Oscar Smith, Freedom-W will crush any FFXCO team by 60

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Itsback ()
Date: August 01, 2022 03:05PM

First scrimmages on 8/11:

DeMatha @ Freedom
Washington-Liberty @ Annandale
Broad Run @ Centreville
Fairfax @ Chantilly
Edison/Marshall/Woodson tri-scrimmage
Falls Church @ Unity Reed
Woodbridge @ Hayfield
Herndon @ Oakton
Lake Braddock @ Hylton
Langley @ Lightridge
Meridian @ Lewis
Madison @ Woodgrove
Fauquier @ McLean
Westfield @ Mount Vernon
Robinson @ Battlefield
South County @ Highland Springs (8/6)
South County @ South Lakes (8/12)
Tuscarora @ Stone Bridge
Justice @ West Springfield
Wakefield @ Alexandria City
Thomas Jefferson @ Osbourn Park
West Potomac @ Briar Woods
Yorktown @ Bishop Ireton

Thoughts????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Springers ()
Date: August 01, 2022 03:39PM

FFXCO football is dead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> vyjjj Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Centreville probably has the most experienced
> > group of athletes in the Concorde this year.
> > Lot's of talent and veteran leadership. Other
> > than the RB nothing really special. But it
> could
> > be enough. Honestly, the biggest question mark
> > for them making a run at the region much less
> > states is coaching. Can they get it done for
> 3-5
> > playoff wins?
>
>
> If this CVHS are the odds on fav to make it to
> states from the North Region, my goodness how far
> football has fallen off up here. Even as recently
> as 5yrs ago this CVHS would’ve been last place
> in Concorde district. LBHS, SCHS, RHS, heck West
> Springfield would’ve rolled them by 50+.
> Football is dead in the FFXCO. Stick to lacrosse,
> basketball and swimming. Oscar Smith, Freedom-W
> will crush any FFXCO team by 60

It's not gonna get easier for Northern VA Football. Despite having 90% of the Class 6 teams, they will continue to get dominated by the Southern Reg.. In 2023, Highland Springs joins Region A. Whichever team vs them & Smith will be favored. AND Region B will be ready to take the title if those teams slip. This could be a decade plus drought. Without a standout Coach in the area to draw in transfers, there will be zero chance vs those teams!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: Donald1 ()
Date: August 02, 2022 06:25PM

Someone is obviously not familiar with the VHSL rules on practice. 1st three days no pads day 4 helmets and shoulder pads and by Saturday week 1 full contact is allowed

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: nufan ()
Date: August 03, 2022 04:27AM

Why are folks obsessed with Freedom-W ? They always gag in the playoffs. Seriously doubt they beat the better teams in FFXCO by 60. And their coach is an Asshole and Battlefield will beat them again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: JFUENN ()
Date: August 03, 2022 10:14AM

nufan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why are folks obsessed with Freedom-W ? They
> always gag in the playoffs. Seriously doubt they
> beat the better teams in FFXCO by 60. And their
> coach is an Asshole and Battlefield will beat them
> again.

All of the above is true, not mentioning the blatant cheating of course.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: general ()
Date: August 03, 2022 10:52AM

Dont sleep on WL this year.... Elijah Hughes on the DL with 20 offers including Miami, VT, Stanford, MD, and UVA.... 7-3 incoming????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: JNDHF ()
Date: August 03, 2022 02:20PM

general Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dont sleep on WL this year.... Elijah Hughes on
> the DL with 20 offers including Miami, VT,
> Stanford, MD, and UVA.... 7-3 incoming????


7-3 overall with their weaker league competition? OK. That makes the playoffs but points to a probable first round loss unless they get lucky and the matchup is another team in their league (unlikely). And you really don't understand football if you think one top notch player makes a great team.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2022
Posted by: nationaldistrict ()
Date: August 05, 2022 09:58AM

Seasons comin up...... cant wait!!! Lookin forward to parentof2's weekly breakdowns.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
  ******   **      **  **    **  ********   *******  
 **    **  **  **  **  **   **   **        **     ** 
 **        **  **  **  **  **    **        **     ** 
 **        **  **  **  *****     ******     ******** 
 **        **  **  **  **  **    **               ** 
 **    **  **  **  **  **   **   **        **     ** 
  ******    ***  ***   **    **  **         *******  
This forum powered by Phorum.