HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous1234567All
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Bruins2019 ()
Date: October 13, 2021 09:50AM

The Bruins will shut down Robinson's run only attack. The new DC has the defense ready. Look for the Bruins to win by 14+.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Live ()
Date: October 13, 2021 09:55AM

Uh... Huh...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: NoVAA ()
Date: October 13, 2021 11:08AM

Braddock’s gonna have to score a lot to stay in the game IMO but who knows how it will go. Where is the game at?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Nova Fan ()
Date: October 13, 2021 07:54PM

Who is Braddock's "new" DC

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: sdooks ()
Date: October 14, 2021 09:59AM

Many new casinos offer bonuses for registration, for example, dr bet, but not all sites can be trusted. You should always look at licensed casinos in Ukraine so as not to stumble upon scammers. You yourself understand that gambling is an area where every unscrupulous person wants to profit from the ignorance of another.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Bruinssssss ()
Date: October 15, 2021 07:40AM

Best place to watch the Rams vs Bruins tonight???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Maga Malt Liquor ()
Date: October 15, 2021 11:08AM

On your tablet, NFHSnetwork.com. It’s free so it beats having to pay the $5 or $6 which I read Fairfax schools don’t even allow you to pay in cash at the gate anymore. I think Chantilly vs JMHS will be the best game today

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Raammmmsss ()
Date: October 15, 2021 11:15AM

Thanks. Laptop too? Or maybe phone if no tablet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: 6VT3P ()
Date: October 15, 2021 02:21PM

Maga Malt Liquor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On your tablet, NFHSnetwork.com. It’s free so it
> beats having to pay the $5 or $6 which I read
> Fairfax schools don’t even allow you to pay in
> cash at the gate anymore. I think Chantilly vs
> JMHS will be the best game today

Madison is playing Centreville.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: WVF6T ()
Date: October 15, 2021 02:22PM

Maga Malt Liquor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On your tablet, NFHSnetwork.com. It’s free so it
> beats having to pay the $5 or $6 which I read
> Fairfax schools don’t even allow you to pay in
> cash at the gate anymore. I think Chantilly vs
> JMHS will be the best game today


You need to get out to a game more often. Cash is readily accepted, but some schools do provide the option to purchase tickets on line ahead of the game.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: hfhah ()
Date: October 15, 2021 07:52PM

South County running it up 28-3 on West Springfield in the 2nd quarter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Live ()
Date: October 15, 2021 07:56PM

At the half:

James Madison 15 Centreville 3

John Hurley KO return for touchdown; that young man is FAST.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Tcdcg ()
Date: October 15, 2021 08:04PM

At the half:

Westfield 12 South Lakes 7

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Tcdcg ()
Date: October 15, 2021 08:04PM

At the half:

Westfield 12 South Lakes 7

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: jfnsbs ()
Date: October 15, 2021 08:15PM

Westfield is playing Oakton tonight? Chantilly is losing to South Lakes at halftime rn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Live ()
Date: October 15, 2021 08:27PM

That’s right… score?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Rebellious Lion ()
Date: October 15, 2021 08:30PM

At the half. Fairfax 27. Woodson 0. Fairfax is playing a sloppy game. They should be up 42 0

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Mr. Half Time ()
Date: October 15, 2021 08:33PM

Hayfield up 23-0 at halftime
Westfield up 15-7 at halftime
South County up 35-3 at halftime
Edison up 30-3 at halftime
South Lakes up 26-14 at halftime

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Live ()
Date: October 15, 2021 09:02PM

FINAL

James Madison 21 Centreville 17

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: @ Live ()
Date: October 15, 2021 09:10PM

Westfield up 28-7, 4th quarter is getting ready to start now

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Rams ()
Date: October 15, 2021 09:21PM

6 22 left in the fourth. Lake Braddock 31, Robo 28. LB was up 31 14 at the beginning of the 4th

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Northern Region guy ()
Date: October 15, 2021 09:23PM

West potomac - 22
Alexandria City - 21 OT

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Northern Region guy ()
Date: October 15, 2021 09:23PM

West potomac - 22
Alexandria City - 21 OT

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Score ()
Date: October 15, 2021 09:31PM

Yorktown 42 Marshall 14 in the fourth quarter

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Rams ()
Date: October 15, 2021 09:34PM

42 seconds left. Robo has pulled ahead, 35 31

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Donald1 ()
Date: October 15, 2021 09:40PM

SoCo 41 West Springfield 3 final

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: ert78c ()
Date: October 15, 2021 10:12PM

Live Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FINAL
>
> James Madison 21 Centreville 17


This was a very competitive game. In the second quarter Centreville was down 7-0 and was called for a false start on a 4th-and-1 inside the Madison 30. They settled for a FG making it 7-3. Madison's Hurley returned the ensuing KO for a TD and Madison went for 2 making the halftime score 15-3. At this point Centreville was barely hanging on and I really thought Madison was going to come out in the second half and administer a beatdown.

Madison had about a 8 minute drive for a TD after the halftime KO and took a 21-3 lead. Centreville did score and got the 2XP, score = 21-11. Madison then took another 7 minutes off the clock before taking a -14 yard sack on a 4-10 play. Centreville got a quick TD on long pass and failed on the 2Xp, score = 21-17. Madison ran off the final 3 1/2 minutes of the game.

I will say Centreville coaches had shockingly poor time management under 5 minutes to go. Madison had a dominant running game with Jreige and Barry but for some inexplicable reason Centreville twice called timeouts with a stopped clock (e.g. do you really need to call a timeout to decide if you are going to kick the XP or go for 2? How do you not know in advance what the choice is..) When Madison got the ball back Centreville was left with only 1 timeout. Honestly Madison probably would have gotten the first downs anyway but neither timeout was actually necessary and it was particularly egregious to waste them during the rare moments Madison wasn't bleeding off time.

Nice game by the Centreville RB Ragland and the Centreville defense. The Madison offensive line and running is tough but they really didn't have many 20+ yard plays the entire game. I was expecting more from the Madison passing game but they didn't get much done there in this contest.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: LOST ()
Date: October 16, 2021 12:08AM

Bruins2019 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Bruins will shut down Robinson's run only
> attack. The new DC has the defense ready. Look
> for the Bruins to win by 14+.


I was there Robinson won

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: LB sucks ()
Date: October 16, 2021 12:32AM

LMAOOO LB blew a 3 Ted lead in one quarter!? You guys suck!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: LOL - Doc Still Sucks ()
Date: October 16, 2021 10:59AM

So, Doc has 100 wins? How many loses? LOLOLOLOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Nuttfannn ()
Date: October 16, 2021 11:09AM

LB sucks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LMAOOO LB blew a 3 Ted lead in one quarter!? You
> guys suck!!


These games between Robinson & L. Braddock even South County seem to play out the same. Their opponents run up a score. Robinson just sticks with their game plan and keeps running the ball and wearing down, slowing those athletes. So far so good. Expecting a Robinson vs SoCo meeting in late Nov!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: time4achangeBruins ()
Date: October 16, 2021 02:41PM

Come on now Bruins, you know you can count on Doc in the big games..........to lose!

The last 5 years Doc has had plenty of talent, but has a hard time even winning the district. In 5 years, no signature wins! All the Doc fans can say what they want, Braddock shouldn't be satisfied with just a winning record every year.


Its time for a change, with all the talent they have, year in and year out, the players deserve better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Your Daddy ()
Date: October 16, 2021 03:53PM

time4achangeBruins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Come on now Bruins, you know you can count on Doc
> in the big games..........to lose!
>
> The last 5 years Doc has had plenty of talent, but
> has a hard time even winning the district. In 5
> years, no signature wins! All the Doc fans can say
> what they want, Braddock shouldn't be satisfied
> with just a winning record every year.
>
>
> Its time for a change, with all the talent they
> have, year in and year out, the players deserve
> better.

I’m sure Aziz already has his resume read.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: JWHT7 ()
Date: October 16, 2021 04:25PM

Can Anybody logically explain why Shields went for 2pt conversion after their last td? Kick the extra point make it a 3pt game and if by chance you could record rthe onside kick you only need a field goal to tie it up but you don’t convert and would need to score a td. Can’t understand his rationale.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: lclvks ()
Date: October 16, 2021 04:39PM

He’s retarded, that’s why CV has had a rough couple of years until this year

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Power Points ()
Date: October 16, 2021 04:40PM

10/16/21 6D Power Point Standings
Madison 31.6
Centreville 28.1
Westfield 26.9
Chantilly 25.7
South Lakes 25.7
Oakton 25.3
Wakefield 24.6
Yorktown 24.3
-----
Marshall 23.3
McLean 20.4
Washington-Liberty 20.3
Langley 18.7
Herndon 17.7

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Power Points ()
Date: October 16, 2021 04:40PM

10/16/21 6C Power Point Standings
Robinson 33.1
South County 32
Fairfax 31
West Springfield 28.6
Lake Braddock 28.4
West Potomac 27.4
Alexandria 25.1
Mount Vernon 23.7
-----
Justice 23.6
Edison 21.8
W.T. Woodson 21.4
Hayfield 21
Annandale 19
Lewis 18.9
Falls Church 17.3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Burins Shit On Robinson ()
Date: October 16, 2021 05:13PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Nova guy ()
Date: October 16, 2021 06:56PM

WL 49 Herndon 35

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: gurhsh ()
Date: October 16, 2021 07:17PM

The good games next week look to almost exclusively be in the western part of the county

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: ukxtf ()
Date: October 16, 2021 08:48PM

JWHT7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can Anybody logically explain why Shields went for
> 2pt conversion after their last td? Kick the extra
> point make it a 3pt game and if by chance you
> could record rthe onside kick you only need a
> field goal to tie it up but you don’t convert
> and would need to score a td. Can’t understand
> his rationale.

Not only that, he blew a timeout to make the wrong decision.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: nufan ()
Date: October 16, 2021 09:38PM

He’s not a good head coach. Used 2 timeouts on 2 different two point conversions. He blew the Westfield game last year, has made boneheaded decisions/play calling since he arrived at Centreville. Will see how this season plays out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Just me thinking ()
Date: October 16, 2021 10:31PM

I look at a School Like Marshall. Their schedule for a non-traditional football program is brutal. Then, I look at LB and Robo and it is like a pre-season scrimmage list or college homecoming for half the games. Anyway to re combine the "6" C and D into fairer groups? That would make the season make teams better for the playoffs. Maybe the Playoff round games would between C and D would make an easy wins but let teams get healthy and ready for tougher competition. Fairfax is a fluke. Take the top four of C and D and just start the playoffs with them now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: mgmfns ()
Date: October 17, 2021 10:04AM

Agreed, the playoffs are too watered down in Fairfax. Too many “participation trophies” so they let everyone in the playoffs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Clueless ()
Date: October 17, 2021 10:35AM

The VHSL sets the rules for who’s in each region and how many teams make the playoffs. Fairfax has no control over the playoffs. What really messed up Nova football was when the smaller FCPS schools got bumped up to D6 (which is where their school enrollment places them) and put them in the same districts/regions as the traditional powerhouses. Now they have to play one another or the best teams won’t all make the playoffs due to how the PowerPoints are setup.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: parentof 2 - wk 8 results ()
Date: October 17, 2021 10:57AM

1. Annandale @ Hayfield (-6)
- Hayfield won and covered, 52-0. Seems like Annandale has quit on their coach.

2. Chantilly (-3) @ South Lakes
- South Lakes with the big time upset, 36-21.

3. Edison (-15) @ Lee
- Edison won and covered, 44-3. back to reality for the Lancers, at least they scored though.

4. Fairfax (-24) @ Woodson
- Fairfax won and covered, 50-0 as was expected. Now it gets real for the Rebels.

5. Lake Braddock @ Robinson (-10)
- Robinson won 35-31, failing to cover here. The bigger story is Doc blowing a 31-14 lead and failing to win a big time game.

6. Madison (-17) @ Centreville
- Madison won 21-17; hats off to the Wildcats, they look legit.

7. South County (-17) @ West Springfield
- SoCo won and covered, 41-3. Tough loss if you're WS.

8. Stuart (-14) @ Falls Church
- JEB won and covered, 28-7. Their third straight win in this rivalry.

9. Wakefield (-14) @ Langley
- Wakefield won 24-13, failing to cover.

10. Washington-Lee (-3) @ Herndon
- W&L won and covered, 49-35. Good showing from the Hornets in a showdown in the rain.

11. West Potomac @ T.C. Williams (-14)
- T.C. won 22-21 in OT. Sounds like a fantastic game.

12. Westfield (-24) @ Oakton
- Westfield won 42-15, covering late by 3 points. They woke up in the 2nd half and got to smacking Oakton around.

13. Yorktown (-9) @ Marshall
- Big time win for Yorktown, 42-14.

*** Thomas Jefferson beat a DC Charter school on Friday. They are 0-2 against legit VA schools and will not be talked about until they schedule REAL games. When they schedule said games, they almost always lose. (Lightridge and Lee)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: parentof2 - week 9 ()
Date: October 17, 2021 10:59AM

Had a better week last week, let’s keep it rolling! The playoffs will be here before we know it! Lots of low spreads this week as a lot of bad teams play even worse teams. We do have a full 15 game slate this week though, shall be interesting. Did FFXU get rid of the spam bots? I did not notice them when I logged on this morning. Anyway, here we go...

1. Edison @ Mount Vernon (-10)
- Enjoy the HC win, Majors!

2. Falls Church (-3) @ Annandale
- A battle between 2 bad teams. As I said, I believe Annandale has waived the white flag and the coach has lost the locker room. How did Annandale win a game? Give me FC in a close one though.

3. Lake Braddock (-7) @ Fairfax
- Rebels, show me you are the real deal and beat a solid team at home. I dare you!

4. Langley @ Marshall (-6)
- 8 straight losses for Langley and I don’t see it ending this week. Marshall ends their own 3 game losing streak at home.

5. Lee @ Hayfield (-28)
- The Lancers are back to reality after beating TJ (a powderpuff team). Hawks win their Homecoming game big.

6. Madison (-8) @ Westfield
- Game of the week. Centreville gave WF the blueprint on how to keep it close with Madison. Westfield has a better staff, will they take advantage and adjust properly? That’s to be seen. WF is 4-3 and would love nothing more than to beat Madison, I assure you.

7. McLean (-3) @ Herndon
- Honestly a toss up in my mind. McLean barely beat a bad Edison team for their only win to date and Herndon has lost 23 in a row and therefore I am rolling with McLean. (Herndon last won 10/26/18 against Langley)

8. Oakton @ Chantilly (-22)
- Bounce back game for the Chargers at home.

9. South Lakes @ Centreville (-7)
- Co-game of the week. The Seahawks made a statement last week against Chantilly, can they do it again? This time it will be on the road against Centreville. I’d say no, but don’t count them out. The Cats are 5-2 with losses to Madison by 4 and Stone Bridge by 25. SL is 4-3 but has yet to lose a district game. Big implications in this one.

10. Stone Bridge (-28) @ Woodgrove
- I thought this one was being played last Friday, my mistake. I like Stone Bridge on a bye week by a lot of points though. I wonder if all of the media attention on SB will have any effect on this one (doubt it). Bulldogs by a lot.

11. Stuart (-7) @ Washington-Lee
- Look for the Raiders to win their 3rd straight over a bad Arlington team.

12. Woodson @ Robinson (-35)
- Could've made the spread higher. This one has running clock in the 2nd half written all over it.

13. West Potomac @ South County (-29)
- The Stallion have outscored their last 4 opponents 217-10. I see another blowout this week.

14. West Springfield (-3) @ T.C. Williams
- Very intriguing match-up here, almost made it co-game of the week. I love this game, big time Patriot District implications. T.C. is trying to stop a 3 game skid while the Spartans are trying to stop their own 2 game losing streak. My gut is telling me the Spartans win on the blue turf in Alexandria on Friday night.

15. Yorktown (-14) @ Wakefield
- Yorktown has won (at least) the last 15 in this match-up, that won’t end this week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Norther region guy ()
Date: October 17, 2021 12:01PM

“ 11. West Potomac @ T.C. Williams (-14)
- T.C. won 22-21 in OT. Sounds like a fantastic game.”

Wrong. West Potomac won in OT, 22-21

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: nova fan ()
Date: October 17, 2021 01:00PM

Here's a review of how I did picking against your spreads. I'll also offer commentary on the Fairfax v. Woodson and Lake Braddock v. Robo games. I went to both -- first half at Woodson, second half of the Robo game.

parentof 2 - wk 8 results Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1. Annandale @ Hayfield (-6)
> - Hayfield won and covered, 52-0. Seems like
> Annandale has quit on their coach.

Correctly picked Hayfield to win and cover. Will Annandale win another game this season.
>
> 2. Chantilly (-3) @ South Lakes
> - South Lakes with the big time upset, 36-21.

I really blew this one -- I thought Chantilly would both win and cover.
>
> 3. Edison (-15) @ Lee
> - Edison won and covered, 44-3. back to reality
> for the Lancers, at least they scored though.

Correctly picked Edison to win. I didn't think they would cover a 15 point spread, but I guess as bad as Edison is (see 55 - 0 loss to Fairfax a couple of weeks ago), Lee is a whole other category of awful. I got the spread wrong.
>
> 4. Fairfax (-24) @ Woodson
> - Fairfax won and covered, 50-0 as was expected.
> Now it gets real for the Rebels.

Correctly picked Fairfax to win and cover. As mentioned, I went to this game, but stayed only for the first half. Fairfax was in control 27-0, and frankly, they should have been up 42-0 at halftime, but after getting two quick TDs in the first four minutes, they started to play sloppy and were careless with the ball, fumbling at least three times to either kill drives or set up Woodson deep in Fairfax territory. However, Woodson's offense is simply awful. One sequence in the middle of the second quarter showed this. Fairfax was driving, at about the Woodson 30, and they fumbled yet again. Woodson picked it up, and it looked like it was going to be returned for a TD. However, Fairfax tracked down the Woodson player at the Fairfax 7. So, first and goal. Pass into the endzone, incomplete, but the refs gifted Woodson with a bogus PI call. Now, it's first and goal at the three. Woodson fumbles through the endzone. Touchback, ball over to Fairfax. This time, they drive the length of the field and score. Fairfax has been a great story this season, but they need to take better care of the ball. Three fumbles won't get it done against Lake Braddock.
>
> 5. Lake Braddock @ Robinson (-10)
> - Robinson won 35-31, failing to cover here. The
> bigger story is Doc blowing a 31-14 lead and
> failing to win a big time game.

Correctly picked Robo to win. Incorrectly picked them to cover. I went to the second half of this game. LB was up 17-14 at the half. LB dominated the third quarter, and were up 31-14 at the end of 3Q. I thought the game was over. What everyone says about Robo's offense is true, and they couldn't move it against LB. THere were two turning points in the fourth quarter. At about the 10 minute mark, LB had 4th and 8 (I believe) on the plus side of the field, but out of FG range. They go for it. LB breaks off a big run to set up 1st and goal at the 8. EXCEPT, LB gets called for unsportsmanlike conduct, and a 15 yard penalty. All I could see was the LB kid signaled a first down. If THAT was the reason for the call, the ref should be ashamed of himself for such a power trip. But there might have been more than that. Anyway, LB comes away with no points. At 38-14, or even 34-14, it's hard to see how Robo comes back. Robo scores with about 6 1/2 minutes left, score is 31-21. Still, with Robo's' offense, it's hard to imagine them getting two scores in that amount of time. LB should know this, and be expecting an onside kick. Robo onside kicks, and recovers. This is the second turning point. This time, out of character, they get a quick strike, and it's 31-28 with about 6 minutes left. They hold LB on the next set of downs, which included an intentional grounding by LB just outside of their endzone. They take over on the LB 35, and drive down for the winning score with 42 seconds left. On that game winning drive, I think they ran every play. They run a wedge, that looks like a QB sneak, but they were reliably getting 4-5 yards every play with that. LB had no answer for that. I could tell that Robo was going to score, and I think LB should have been taking timeouts on defense to save some clock. Poor time management by the LB coaching staff.
>
> 6. Madison (-17) @ Centreville
> - Madison won 21-17; hats off to the Wildcats,
> they look legit.

Correctly picked Madison to win, but not cover. Frankly, I think this is the hardest type of pick to make.
>
> 7. South County (-17) @ West Springfield
> - SoCo won and covered, 41-3. Tough loss if you're
> WS.

Correctly picked Soco to win and cover.
>
> 8. Stuart (-14) @ Falls Church
> - JEB won and covered, 28-7. Their third straight
> win in this rivalry.

Correctly picked Stuart to win and cover.
>
> 9. Wakefield (-14) @ Langley
> - Wakefield won 24-13, failing to cover.

Correctly picked Wakefield to win. Also thought they would cover, which they didn't.
>
> 10. Washington-Lee (-3) @ Herndon
> - W&L won and covered, 49-35. Good showing from
> the Hornets in a showdown in the rain.

Correctly picked WL to win and cover.
>
> 11. West Potomac @ T.C. Williams (-14)
> - T.C. won 22-21 in OT. Sounds like a fantastic
> game.

Picked TCW to win and cover. Really blew it on this one.
>
> 12. Westfield (-24) @ Oakton
> - Westfield won 42-15, covering late by 3 points.
> They woke up in the 2nd half and got to smacking
> Oakton around.

Correctly picked Westfield to win. I didn't think they would cover a 24 point spread. Sounds like I was ALMOST right on this one (still wrong, though).
>
> 13. Yorktown (-9) @ Marshall
> - Big time win for Yorktown, 42-14.

Correctly picked Yorktown to win, but I didn't think they would cover.
>
> *** Thomas Jefferson beat a DC Charter school on
> Friday. They are 0-2 against legit VA schools and
> will not be talked about until they schedule REAL
> games. When they schedule said games, they almost
> always lose. (Lightridge and Lee)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: nova fan ()
Date: October 17, 2021 01:09PM

Here's my picks this week.

parentof2 - week 9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Had a better week last week, let’s keep it
> rolling! The playoffs will be here before we know
> it! Lots of low spreads this week as a lot of bad
> teams play even worse teams. We do have a full 15
> game slate this week though, shall be interesting.
> Did FFXU get rid of the spam bots? I did not
> notice them when I logged on this morning. Anyway,
> here we go...
>
> 1. Edison @ Mount Vernon (-10)
> - Enjoy the HC win, Majors!

Mt. Vernon wins and covers.
>
> 2. Falls Church (-3) @ Annandale
> - A battle between 2 bad teams. As I said, I
> believe Annandale has waived the white flag and
> the coach has lost the locker room. How did
> Annandale win a game? Give me FC in a close one
> though.

Yeah, I think so, too. Falls Church wins and covers.
>
> 3. Lake Braddock (-7) @ Fairfax
> - Rebels, show me you are the real deal and beat a
> solid team at home. I dare you!

I agree with your challenge issued to Fairfax. The creampuff portion of the schedule is over (except they do have a make up against Falls Church week from Tuesday). I'd note that this was the same spread you had in the Fairfax West Potomac game (West Po favored). Fairfax won that game, as I recall. However LB, despite their meltdown against Robo, is a level about West Po. I think LB wins and covers.
>
> 4. Langley @ Marshall (-6)
> - 8 straight losses for Langley and I don’t see
> it ending this week. Marshall ends their own 3
> game losing streak at home.

Marshall wins and covers. Agree about Langley maybe going winless
>
> 5. Lee @ Hayfield (-28)
> - The Lancers are back to reality after beating TJ
> (a powderpuff team). Hawks win their Homecoming
> game big.

Hayfield wins and covers.
>
> 6. Madison (-8) @ Westfield
> - Game of the week. Centreville gave WF the
> blueprint on how to keep it close with Madison.
> Westfield has a better staff, will they take
> advantage and adjust properly? That’s to be
> seen. WF is 4-3 and would love nothing more than
> to beat Madison, I assure you.

Westfield is down this year. I think Madison wins and covers.

>
> 7. McLean (-3) @ Herndon
> - Honestly a toss up in my mind. McLean barely
> beat a bad Edison team for their only win to date
> and Herndon has lost 23 in a row and therefore I
> am rolling with McLean. (Herndon last won 10/26/18
> against Langley)

McLean wins and covers.
>
> 8. Oakton @ Chantilly (-22)
> - Bounce back game for the Chargers at home.

Chantilly wins, doesn't cover.
>
> 9. South Lakes @ Centreville (-7)
> - Co-game of the week. The Seahawks made a
> statement last week against Chantilly, can they do
> it again? This time it will be on the road against
> Centreville. I’d say no, but don’t count them
> out. The Cats are 5-2 with losses to Madison by 4
> and Stone Bridge by 25. SL is 4-3 but has yet to
> lose a district game. Big implications in this
> one.

I think Centreville is better than Chantilly, so I don't see South Lakes winning. Centreville wins and covers.
>
> 10. Stone Bridge (-28) @ Woodgrove
> - I thought this one was being played last Friday,
> my mistake. I like Stone Bridge on a bye week by a
> lot of points though. I wonder if all of the media
> attention on SB will have any effect on this one
> (doubt it). Bulldogs by a lot.

Stone Bridge wins and covers.
>
> 11. Stuart (-7) @ Washington-Lee
> - Look for the Raiders to win their 3rd straight
> over a bad Arlington team.

Stuart wins and covers
>
> 12. Woodson @ Robinson (-35)
> - Could've made the spread higher. This one has
> running clock in the 2nd half written all over it.

Woodson is another team that won't win another game this season. What was the point of Woodson scheduling Fairfax as their homecoming opponent, when they had Lee on their schedule. Getting drubbed 50-0 was deserved. Robo wins and covers. EASILY.
>
>
> 13. West Potomac @ South County (-29)
> - The Stallion have outscored their last 4
> opponents 217-10. I see another blowout this week.

SoCo wins and covers. I'm surprised you didn't make this spread higher.
>
>
> 14. West Springfield (-3) @ T.C. Williams
> - Very intriguing match-up here, almost made it
> co-game of the week. I love this game, big time
> Patriot District implications. T.C. is trying to
> stop a 3 game skid while the Spartans are trying
> to stop their own 2 game losing streak. My gut is
> telling me the Spartans win on the blue turf in
> Alexandria on Friday night.

I agree this is an intriguing match up, but I think West Springfield is better. I'll take them to win and cover.
>
> 15. Yorktown (-14) @ Wakefield
> - Yorktown has won (at least) the last 15 in this
> match-up, that won’t end this week.

Yorktown is going to win this game, but since these are Arlington teams, and Wakefield is the little brother of Arlington football, I think that will motivate them to play a decent game. Yorktown wins, doesn't cover.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: MILF Skank ()
Date: October 17, 2021 01:32PM

Old,dumb, fighe, I'd bang her fica, figa! Let’s got Wakefield! Yourktown got a couple queers on the team this year. Wakefield isn’t loosing to a queer team!


https://youtu.be/Lx1iH8DgrLE
Attachments:
2D5CE706-1A66-429A-9D9F-F148802F0C06.jpeg
B5D5D28E-A5FF-4A03-8FB2-53519FC04E61.webp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Cav Alum ()
Date: October 17, 2021 01:37PM

Fairfax beat Woodson 50-0
Is Woodson really that bad?
Do they have a new coaching staff?
Someone said they have a scholarship LB/DE and a nationally ranked QB, how can they be that bad?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High School Football 2021
Posted by: Sick Shit ()
Date: October 17, 2021 04:42PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous1234567All
Current Page: 7 of 7


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **      **  ********   **     **  **         **     ** 
 **  **  **  **     **  **     **  **    **   **     ** 
 **  **  **  **     **  **     **  **    **   **     ** 
 **  **  **  **     **  *********  **    **   **     ** 
 **  **  **  **     **  **     **  *********   **   **  
 **  **  **  **     **  **     **        **     ** **   
  ***  ***   ********   **     **        **      ***    
This forum powered by Phorum.