HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Scooters coming to Vienna...maybe
Posted by: Beep Beep scooter coming ()
Date: June 12, 2019 07:26PM

Here we go again with the scooters in Vienna. I like the comment posted at the bottom of the story. Good dig at Vienna. Maybe a Fairfax Underground reader/poster?

https://www.tysonsreporter.com/2019/06/12/vienna-officials-have-misgivings-about-electric-scooters-on-maple-avenue/

The Vienna Town Council is entering the first stages of a process to bring electric scooters and dockless bicycles to town.

According to staff at a Town Council work session on Monday, June 10, a potentially shared mobility pilot would include both electric bicycles and scooters as “self-propelled vehicles,” but more still needs to be determined.

For starters, where will people ride electric scooters in Vienna? Council members expressed concerns about having them either on Maple Avenue or the adjoining sidewalks, which are typically only 5 feet wide and include planter boxes that narrow the sidewalks considerably. But elected officials seemed equally concerned about the prospect of having electric scooters complicating the already notoriously dangerous and congested Maple Avenue.

The discussion of a potential pilot program comes after a feasibility study for a regional bike-share network — commissioned by the City of Fairfax — was completed last fall. The Vienna process follows in the footsteps of the City of Fairfax, which Vienna staff said has launched a pilot program running from this June to next year.

Both staff and officials expressed some misgivings and frustrations with the prospect of bringing in electric scooters. Staff said that a story had come out this year that Lime Scooters would be coming to Fairfax City and Vienna, prompting a tense series of phone calls from Fairfax and Vienna staff advising Lime that they had not gone through the proper approval process.

Planning Commissioner Mary McCullough also referenced a Washington Post story that only 7 percent of regional residents reported using e-scooters as their preference for getting from one place to another.

The next step for the scooter approval process is a work session planned for sometime in the fall, which the Town Council said will likely include meeting with the Transportation Commission.

Re: Scooters coming to Vienna...maybe
Posted by: Boob watcher ()
Date: June 12, 2019 10:52PM

Forget scooters. Let’s bring Hooters to Vienna.

Posted by: AnthonyCumia ()
Date: June 12, 2019 10:52PM

Well they got that new Urgent Care center to take care of all the accidents.

Standing sideways on scooters is fucking stupid. Since scooters only last a month before breaking down they need to retrofit them so people can stand straight. Only the Bolt scooter company has these much safer scooters.

Posted by: Scooters to Nowhere ()
Date: June 13, 2019 01:07AM

Faster than trying to drive down Maple.

Posted by: already in fairfax ()
Date: June 13, 2019 02:19AM

Boob watcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Forget scooters. Let’s bring Hooters to Vienna.

We already have one in Fairfax. Some of the best fried pickles in the area.

Posted by: Fa Kinae ()
Date: June 13, 2019 06:48AM

I was in DC around the mall by the food trucks waiting for Haji Bubu to cook my order. While waiting for that Desi Arab Towel Head mf, I watched as two fat bitches trying to figure out how to activate a scooter. It took them about 10 minutes or so to get the thing unlocked. When I saw the scooter moving away, I became certain that those girls must have be from Fairax. Their technical brilliance was stunning. It was impressive to see them figure out the scooter and get it moving. When Fatty #2 hopped up on the scooter behind Fatty #1, the 2 fell off the scooter into the gutter.

Yeah, scooters a sure are fun!

Posted by: Bad News Bears ()
Date: June 13, 2019 03:48PM

Bad idea I used to live in Tempe,AZ and they are everywhere out there. People who ride them never follow the rules, Vienna will be all backed up with traffic due to scooter incidents. You will never be able to get out of downtown

This forum powered by Phorum.