HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
My VESA video no longer detects since upgrade.
Posted by: linux freebsd questions ()
Date: February 09, 2019 01:58PM

Until I got a low cost "upgrade" PC (my last upgrade was? 2004?) my software could always find VESA if nothing else (video electronics standards association driver for video display - ie destkop visual).

I have both intel HD (integrated) and nVidia (pcie card) - neither of them detect as VESA. The software was made in full good faith to detect VESA on isa eisa or pci in the best practice methods. But it can no longer find VESA support though two video cards claiming to support it are installed and `working'.

since clinton state dept funded hackers, freebsd has become piece and part of (german / chinese) ubuntu control

(also - since clinton funded attacks i can no longer use Unix binaries from other platforms like Sun Solaris x86 because the newer linux OSes: are non-Unix though they told everyone they were unix. it means a simple real Unix bin asks in the standard way to open a file, but ie Ubuntu says "fuck off, i'm not listening, i listen only to things my hackers made" - following only their own non-standards)

----------------------------

I really would like to know what bios settings to use so both intel HD and nVidia VESA get detected and #used

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My VESA video no longer detects since upgrade.
Posted by: dpcwk ()
Date: February 09, 2019 02:19PM

My guess is that the native drivers are failing and it does fallback when the driver's crash. You probably need to disable the support for native drivers to use fees. But I would need to see your logs to go further.

Date: February 09, 2019 06:35PM

No, that can't be it. "new" Linux Kernel doesn't support either (yet - ever) as framebuff dev (support that has frozen). VESA doesn't need AGP or what. The kernel can render text on all newer and older video cards and chips. So it was never a kernel issue.

The drivers are compiled into X11R6 "xfree86" and known to be working with all older cards still. The drivers are not "broken".

There are NO native drivers for linux or any linux OS or freebsd OS. They are all hacked releases of (partly stolen or partly released) proprietary code badly feature cut. also the "binary only" (may have viruses) nvidia drivers only work with ubuntu and subject to forced upgrade failures.

Linux has (partial) proprietary EGA, VGA, SVGA, VESA support - which are cross platform and built into the video cards and chips. So that is native per say.

The logs say: the PCI misses and VESA is not detected. with one or both new chips enabled doesn't matter. it's because it's not really implemented.

the pci and vesa don't follow the old standards, so when asked in "the old way" to be present they are simply not listening because it's work they NEVER DID

Date: February 09, 2019 06:39PM

it's really backwards because it's older equipment and software that NEEDS vesa, not newer OSes and native drivers they come with (until they force upgrade you and notify you they aren't porting the old driver to the new forced upgrade)

it should be VESA is detected and used in the old way because it isn't used on modern setups

my example is: TEXT MODE. text mode was provided by these new cards in the old way (though win10 apple dont use it), but vesa was not provided in the old way

it should be VESA is detected and used in the old way because it isn't used on modern setups - it only hurts older non-big-companies to have it broken, and i bet they knew that

Posted by: pevxh ()
Date: February 09, 2019 06:45PM

so why not cancel TEXT MODE as well? why should they bother supporting something only old software and ubuntu uses? is it because ubuntu made deals with video card makers to hack and delete all usa brand video cards but since ubuntu still uses text mode, it's still supported?

is it something like that?

Date: February 09, 2019 07:01PM

as i said, an old pci card in the new pc detects and runs: so it's not the motherboard or intel cpu per say - those are proven working

it's the issue pci-e broke standards (is not present as pci) OR the video cards broke the same (either or both), the video chip (integrated) isn't registered in bios which isn't able to "fake" being pci for detection as would be traditional in support (like a 1.44 m floppy working in 720 mode, like an intel video chip appearing on the pci bus in older chip/bus releases - but not this one)

the integrated intel chip registers partly in the pci-e, but there you go - it isn't pci but is on that bus (because it fakes it so it appears there), but all of the support is only for new setups that don't use it: the support for pci isn't there.

but it's the same story for nvidia: no support.

Posted by: uytrgfed ()
Date: February 18, 2019 02:36PM

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.