HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Solicitors Scammers - Aptive Environmental
Posted by: david brayleigh ()
Date: August 02, 2018 03:51PM

Beware this guy or anyone representing APTIVE. This company is notorious for canvassing "No Soliciting" neighborhoods with aggressive tactics like banging on doors at dinner times and up past 9 PM. They refuse to provide business cards or valid identification. Once signed up with them, they will make appointments they never keep, but charge you anyway. Better Business Bureau and Yelp has hundreds of complaints. If they come on your property call police immediately.
Attachments:
AptiveAsshole.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Solicitors Scammers - Aptive Environmental
Posted by: Don’t Come A’Knockin’ ()
Date: August 02, 2018 04:12PM

I answer my door after 9 with a shotgun in hand.

Posted by: camerashy ()
Date: August 02, 2018 04:49PM

Another reason for security cams. People like this tend to take one look at ours, do an about face and step over to the neighbors.

Posted by: Too many niggers ()
Date: August 02, 2018 06:59PM

Door to door sales=substance abuse problems
They need to get “paid” daily to get their fix

Also, they enter your house to see what you have to rob you.

Posted by: Don't Let Them In ()
Date: August 02, 2018 07:28PM

Too many niggers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Door to door sales=substance abuse problems
> They need to get “paid” daily to get their
> fix
>
> Also, they enter your house to see what you have
> to rob you.

Tell them to wait at the door, and call the police.

Posted by: Door Knocker Hater ()
Date: April 23, 2019 01:24AM

My wife let this man in our house and he fondled her. She complained to me later that night how rough he was. I hope the pest service she bought from him will at least be okay quality.

Posted by: Local democrat ()
Date: April 23, 2019 07:44AM

I know that guy in the OP picture.

He was 3 ahead of me in line at the 66 rest area last week when gerry was working the glory hole.

Posted by: Brent S ()
Date: April 16, 2020 06:58PM

But fo real shizzle dizzle. Dang solicitors.

Have y'all actually talked to this kid before?

Posted by: Local Bistro ()
Date: April 16, 2020 07:23PM

Beware.

They promised to fix my rodent infestation problem at my restaurant. Several visits, and the rodents are still here and I have rat traps everywhere in the kitchen.

Posted by: Nopenope ()
Date: May 13, 2020 06:52PM

Aptive is a decent pest control company and they hire mainly college kids away from school over the summer and they do have a very strict zero tolerance policy for knockers. They can’t drink or smoke tobacco in their living quarters. You people are sour about another solicitor and clearly don’t know what you’re talking about literally see their trucks everywhere servicing houses

Posted by: former aptive employee ()
Date: May 13, 2020 10:16PM

Nopenope Wrote:
> Aptive is a decent pest control company and they
> hire mainly college kids away from school over the
> summer and they do have a very strict zero
> tolerance policy for knockers. They can’t drink
> or smoke tobacco in their living quarters. You
> people are sour about another solicitor and
> clearly don’t know what you’re talking about
> literally see their trucks everywhere servicing
> houses

Right. That's the pitch, not the truth.

Aptive doesn't pay their door knockers, even after pressuring them to hit every door and harass every single person on every street. If you are dumb enough to sign up, a dude will roll out and spray a solution of mostly water in a few areas and call it a day. If anything dies after they leave, it will have been from old age.

It's fucking criminal that these cocksucking faggots are still allowed to prey on people.

Posted by: No soliciting ()
Date: June 13, 2020 04:08AM

You guys are nerds.. lol

Posted by: Lover of door to door salesman ()
Date: June 13, 2020 04:11AM

I LOVE door to door salesman. I have found them incredibly nice and honest. Aptive specifically has the kindest salespeople out of them all! I have used their service for the past 5 years and I LOVE IT! They do a wonderful job getting all of the aphids off of my rose bushes and they do it with a smile on their face. I wish they knocked my door everyday!

Posted by: J with Aptive ()
Date: June 13, 2020 04:21AM

Nice to hear from you all again. Door knocker hater, I’m glad to hear your wife I fondled is doing well still. She was very happy last time I talked to her. Very happy.

BTW: my trucks are gonna be out in the neighborhood tomorrow taking care of 15 of your neighbors. It’s mostly been the ants and the spiders. If you can here, I’m doing everything for half.

Posted by: Kai ()
Date: June 15, 2020 04:47PM

Aptive is one of the only companies that tries to get permits for soliciting in areas. It's like the number one fastest growing pest control companies. if you don't want em at your door just say no thanks and they leave.

Posted by: XNTUG ()
Date: June 15, 2020 07:33PM

I've had Aptiv come by. They do the usual shit about how my neighbor "Fred Fuckface" or whoever said to stop by. They say they're doing pest control and then they give my porch an eye roll as if it's crawling with bugs. I send them on their way.

Pest control is almost always a scam. If a fly or a wasp gets in, kill it. Without pesticides. You're bigger than them. See an ant, kill it and and make sure there's no food bits anywhere.

Only once in my life have I needed pest control. I brought something into my house that I got from a barn and unbeknownst to me it was full of fly eggs. They got everywhere really fast and the bug bombs I set off only worked temporarily. The pest control guy had products you can't buy at Home Depot and he fixed it in an hour. Other than something like that, don't bother with pest control. Just keep your house clean

Posted by: Rose Petal ()
Date: June 15, 2020 08:03PM

I have a wild bush that needed attention. Aptiv came to the rescue. The Aptiv man was an expert; so much better than my ex husband ever was. He did such a good job that I could not contain my screams of joy at the incredible results. Now we have set up a regular maintenance plan where the Aptiv man comes and controls the wild bush at least once a week.

Posted by: Jonah Ryan ()
Date: June 15, 2020 09:45PM

I always sound real enthusiastic and tell them we have this huge problem and I'm so glad they're here. After they get half way through their bullshit, I ask them if they can have someone come out and kill the faggots that won't stop knocking on my door. Awkward pause.... and I just stare at them without saying anything else until they leave.

Posted by: John_Arthur ()
Date: October 05, 2020 06:04PM

Dudes didn't you know that these guys are more afraid of security alarms and security cameras. So, I did experience the same s**t as the author did. Similar guys approached my house ringing in a doorbell providing some services I do not need to. I understood that this is a scam from the first day. I did notify them that if they come back I will meet them with a gun. They returned on the other week and my wife talked to them as I was not home. I was really angry and I bought security alarms and cams from 1800doorbell.com and I wanted to record videos for cops to have proof that they are a pain in the a**. And you know what? Since I plugged in all security cams I never saw them nearby my house. I suggest you do the same cause nowadays are difficult times with corona thing people are going crazy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2020 09:11AM by John_Arthur.

Posted by: GlicerinEBAG ()
Date: October 07, 2020 04:18AM

John_Arthur Wrote:
> Dudes didn't you know that these guys are more afraid of security alarms and security cameras. So, I did experience the same s**t as the author did. Similar guys approached my house ringing in a doorbell providing some services I do not need to. I understood that this is a scam from the first day. I did notify them that if they come back I will meet them with a gun. They returned on the other week and my wife talked to them as I was not home. I was really angry and I bought security alarms and cams from 1800doorbell.com and I wanted to record videos for cops to have proof that they are a pain in the a**. And you know what? Since I plugged in all security cams I never saw them nearby my house. I suggest you do the same cause nowadays are difficult times with corona thing people are going crazy.

Hey bro, understand you perfectly. I was sick and tired of sume kids who were scratching my car. After I instaled the cams they never come back.

Posted by: Tanner_Aptive ()
Date: February 24, 2021 02:37PM

Can't tell how many people on this thread are serious versus 100% kidding. I've worked at Aptive 3 years, have always been paid, and have had no issues. As mentioned before, Aptive gets all required permits before knocking in a city and doesn't break any laws, knocking on doors isn't illegal.

If you don't want to talk to someone at your door, don't open it or ask them to leave. Does the trick every time, be an adult about it.

Posted by: Maximos ()
Date: April 07, 2021 04:47PM

I’m 32 and take pride in what I do. Door knocking isn’t illegal. Aptive gets all required permits and is one of the best pest control companies in the nation. If you don’t want to talk with a solicitor then just don’t answer your door. Or, maybe answer it, have an open mind, and you may just get a great deal for service from a great company.

Posted by: Sharon in Fairfax ()
Date: April 07, 2021 05:42PM

Maximos Wrote:
> I’m 32 and take pride in what I do. Door
> knocking isn’t illegal. Aptive gets all required
> permits and is one of the best pest control
> companies in the nation. If you don’t want to
> talk with a solicitor then just don’t answer
> your door. Or, maybe answer it, have an open mind,
> and you may just get a great deal for service from
> a great company.

Aptive has been formally banned in my neighborhood by the HOA for aggressive sales practices, refusing to leave and ripping people off. There is no soliciting allowed here but they say they don't care and just keep pushing their crap. My neighbor three doors down says his underage daughter was fondled at the door by an Aptive guy. He said Aptive eventually fired the guy but only after he made a huge stink about it.

We were told to call the cops immediately if we see them on our street.

Posted by: Try this next time ()
Date: April 07, 2021 05:53PM

Invite the Aptive door solicitor in for a chat, and once inside, ask the person not to touch anything because everyone in the house is infected with COVID

Posted by: Hugh Chardon ()
Date: April 07, 2021 06:56PM

I have a serious case of crabs.

Posted by: N/A ()
Date: June 19, 2021 05:00PM

All the assholes in this thread are the reason why knockers kill themselves. Aptive is a legitimate company that uses door to door sales for marketing. Each salesman gets a background check and our only job is to fill the route. Most people who get pissed are the ones who have the worst problems. And no, we’re not junkies looking for a fix, our commission doesn’t get paid until AFTER the season. I’m fully educated, passed up an internship at vanguard for this because the money was going towards my grandmothers chemotherapy. You all can go to hell

Posted by: former Aptive customer ()
Date: June 19, 2021 10:52PM

If you work for your Aptive, you should kill yourself. For all the preying on old people and stupid people and the stealing of money and fraudulent services from those fuckers. Nothing but a bunch of fucking criminals. If they show up at your door, call the cops.

Posted by: sneha parihar ()
Date: December 15, 2021 05:56AM

Your Name: 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.