HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
I have a Restricted Liscense Question
Posted by: Repenting Drunk ()
Date: November 25, 2009 06:37PM

I made a lot of bad choices one night and ended up with a DWI. I am now moving on with my life and receiving the treatment the County feels I need. I have a restricted for work license that when I applied for it was perfect. Since then my schedule has changed. How do I get the times I am allowed to drive for work changed? I have asked everyone I could think of and was hoping one of you know the answer. Thanks in advance

Re: I have a Restricted Liscense Question
Posted by: slinkeyts ()
Date: November 25, 2009 06:39PM

You have to go to the court where the restricted liscense was issued, they will give you a new green paper.

Posted by: willis ()
Date: November 25, 2009 06:45PM

Are you a Westfield High School graduate?

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: November 25, 2009 07:27PM

Repenting Drunk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I made a lot of bad choices one night and ended up
> with a DWI. I am now moving on with my life and
> receiving the treatment the County feels I need. I
> have a restricted for work license that when I
> applied for it was perfect. Since then my schedule
> has changed. How do I get the times I am allowed
> to drive for work changed? I have asked everyone I
> could think of and was hoping one of you know the
> answer. Thanks in advance

You are a rare person in this area. First admitting your mistake and then trying to get your license straight so you can work. You didnt blame the cops, you didnt yell about the courts. If I was the judge I would let you have your license back no strings attached. Good luck bro.

Posted by: Doesn't Matter ()
Date: November 25, 2009 09:45PM

+1 Tim45. There actualy are decent people who live in FFXCo. Who knew?

Posted by: BillyBob99 ()
Date: November 26, 2009 12:57AM

Repenting Drunk Wrote:
> I made a lot of bad choices one night and ended up
> with a DWI. I am now moving on with my life and
> receiving the treatment the County feels I need. I
> have a restricted for work license that when I
> applied for it was perfect. Since then my schedule
> has changed. How do I get the times I am allowed
> to drive for work changed? I have asked everyone I
> could think of and was hoping one of you know the
> answer. Thanks in advance

Did you call the DMV?

Posted by: Repenting Drunk ()
Date: November 26, 2009 03:43AM

Thanks for your help slinkeyts. I will go to the courthouse and take care of it.

Thanks for your kind words Tim45 and Doesn't Matter.

BillyBob99- yes I called them first, surprisingly though, they did not have the answer. Only that I couldn't drive other than the times listed.

willis
I did not graduate from Westfield. I see where you are going with that so let me tell you a little about me. I Am a proud graduate of Harrisonburg, Class of '88. After graduating I went to work for my Uncle Sam as a U.S. Recon Marine. I first saw combat in Operation Just Cause...Panama. I then went to Several South American countries to fight the war on drugs. Next stop was Iraq, then Kosovo, and finally Somalia. After all that I developed a love for an alcoholic escape. I spent the next few years not touching alcohol. That night I felt I had it under control and I made a bad choice that I am paying for. I am a man. I made a mistake. I don't feel your comment is warranted here. Now, if I took your comment out of context. (The way I read it was a rude, uneducated attack by a little snot nose ungrateful bitch.) I apologize.

Posted by: Al ()
Date: November 26, 2009 07:36AM

RD,

Thanks for your military service and also for admitting your mistake.

Did you have an attorney for your case? If so, you may want to ask him or her to help you petition the court for new hours on your restricted license. If not, you'll have to petition the court for the new hours on your own. The DMV is correct, they don't have anything to do with it. The court is the one who places the restriction and they notify the DMV of the status.

Just a friendly reminder, remember, whatever you do, always drive within the confines of the restriction on your green sheet. Always carry your work schedule, ASAP schedule or any other paperwork that's required by the green sheet. If you get stopped and are outside of your hours or don't have the necessary paperwork you could be arrested and you could also be found in violation of your probation which may net you any suspended jail time from the original charge as well.

Good luck!

Posted by: Qwerty ()
Date: November 26, 2009 12:31PM

I know some professional drunks. I have NEVER heard of anybody getting caught outside their "work hours." I did hear of a group of FFX police Cadets going through the parking lot of Backyard Bar and Grill in Chantilly and writing down license plate numbers to check.

Three place you would want to avoid would be Sunset Grill, Fast Eddies in Centreville and Backyard Bar and Grill.

Posted by: rere45 ()
Date: November 26, 2009 01:09PM

Tim45 Wrote:
> You are a rare person in this area. First
> admitting your mistake and then trying to get your
> license straight so you can work. You didnt blame
> the cops, you didnt yell about the courts. If I
> was the judge I would let you have your license
> back no strings attached. Good luck bro.

So, by your standards, if a mass murderer admits his mistake, doesn't blame the cops, and doesn't yell in court, he should be let off scott free? Genius.

Posted by: Cab Driver ()
Date: November 26, 2009 01:52PM

rere45 Wrote:
> Tim45 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You are a rare person in this area. First
> > admitting your mistake and then trying to get
> your
> > license straight so you can work. You didnt
> blame
> > the cops, you didnt yell about the courts. If I
> > was the judge I would let you have your license
> > back no strings attached. Good luck bro.
>
> So, by your standards, if a mass murderer admits
> his mistake, doesn't blame the cops, and doesn't
> yell in court, he should be let off scott free?
> Genius.

Only if the mass murder is not crazy. I mean really, we all drive drunk at least three times a week. I'm just glad they don't do the roadblock when I'm heading into work in the morning. It would really suck to have to call my boss and tell him I can't come in to work because I got busted for a DWI.

Posted by: Reverend ()
Date: December 01, 2009 11:07PM

Unfortunately man, if you cant rearrange your work schedule around ASAP/ADS then you HAVE to quit your job in order to fulfill your court ordered obligations. If you dont, you go to jail. Period.

This is exactly what happened to me on my first and only DWI. When you go to intake on Jermantown Rd. LIE YOUR ASS OFF!! These ppl are NOT there to help you! They lied straight to my face about everything. Class schedules etc..

I owned up to my DWI and really meant good when I went to intake. Then I end up in ASAP and ADS after having some jackass who is NOT a Dr. of anykind determining that this and that is wrong with me. So off to ASAP and ADS I went. Trying to remember the guys name...George I believe was his first name. Seemed to be a really pleasant guy at first....

Lied straight to my face about everything and I mean EVERYTHING..."ASAP is just one day a week in the evenings and so is ADS" BULLSHIT!!!

4 days a week of ADS PLUS ASAP on Thursday nights! It was either comply or go to jail. I had to quit a 60,000 dollar a year job so I could go get assfucked by the incompetents that run ASAP and the horrendously incompetent "counselors" at ADS.They dont help ANYBODY! I must admit the ASAP class was pretty good. The instructor was awesome.

Still, at intake after being straight lied to and unlawfully diagnosed by some prick whose paycheck hangs on how many ppl he "helps" by sending them further into state limbo, I also saw their finance bitch. They charged on a sliding scale and I made to much to get any discount but I had to provide 2 pay stubs to prove my income. I didnt get printed paychecks they were handwritten oldschool style with no carbon. I tried to get my employers stubs from when she wrote the check but they werent having it. So despite explaining this to finance bitch 100 times and that I also just had to quit my job completely to comply she charges me in full for everything anyways without any proof/stubs to back it up.

Its been a total nightmare that wont go away. Yes man you WILL have to QUIT in order to comply! Ive argued with every level of the CSB that oversees and runs this shit to no avail. Now Ive got a compounding bill for several thousand dollars that I should have never been charged in the first place. They are totally and completely incompetent from top to bottom and in the end really are just out to rob you.

Luckily I just got some IRS records showing 0 income FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS that Im going to shove up their ass. They dont take it then I will live in a box in order to afford a lawyer and eat up the rest of my 401k and sue, sue sue, Yes you CAN sue the county and the state. Crack dealers are more ethical than these fucks.

Posted by: ASAP is a joke ()
Date: December 02, 2009 09:32AM

Reverend is right about the ASAP intake process. Tell them nothing! If you admit that you smoked a joint 10 years ago when you were in college they will send you to ADS which has nothing to do with your DUI charge. You should only admit to drinking on the night you were pulled over, tell them you never drink and that the one night you got caught was a bad decision on your part but admit to nothing other than that one night.

Posted by: ADShit ()
Date: December 02, 2009 09:39AM

ASAP is a joke Wrote:
> Reverend is right about the ASAP intake process.
> Tell them nothing! If you admit that you smoked a
> joint 10 years ago when you were in college they
> will send you to ADS which has nothing to do with
> your DUI charge. You should only admit to
> drinking on the night you were pulled over, tell
> them you never drink and that the one night you
> got caught was a bad decision on your part but
> admit to nothing other than that one night.

This guy is on point...any admission of a drinking or drug history will land you in ASAP. ADS and ASAP suck, however, at the end of our ASAP program we had an end party at a bar!

Posted by: Otis ()
Date: December 02, 2009 09:40AM

That seems only fair. You were probably a little bit messed up in the first place that's why you were drinking. Seems only fair to compound the problem and make it worse. That beauty of the system, gotta love it.

Posted by: Otis ()
Date: December 02, 2009 09:43AM

Isn't it Dave Albo's buddies that run and profit from the DUI ASAP stuff?

Seems only fair that our local politicians should profit from the law they make.

Posted by: concernedcitizen ()
Date: December 19, 2009 01:06PM

I have a friend who's on probation and waiting to go to his ADS intake. Does anyone know the process for random drug screens with probation and with ADS? observed? unobserved? color coded system? Thanks.

Posted by: VASAP sucks ()
Date: December 19, 2009 05:18PM

BE VERY CAUTIOUS at ASAP or ADYS!!!!! My son, who was absolutely clean and innocent of the charge against him (they charges all the kids in his situation whether they were drinking or not), got a dirty urine test there. Tested securely and privately the next day, he was negative. He was tested in a group situation with both male and females in the same group bathroom, no dye in the toilets, no control of the situation, no one took responsibility. I am positive his urine was switched. Does anyone care? NO ONE DOES. My son was a minor, so I called EVERYONE POSSIBLE from the Governor on down. Months later, he was finally summoned to court and the prosecutor, god bless him, listened to us and dropped the case. I had him tested privately several times and brought all that with me.

When I took him to ADYS for an "independent evaluation", and they found out he had a good insurance, they tried to sign him up for every program they have. STAY AWAY if you can. VASAP and ADYS are con games that politicians love because the person has to pay for their own services, not the state. When I called defense lawyers looking for help, not a one was surprised that VASAP had conned us.

If you must go to VASAP, DO NOT SAY ANYTHING. Tell them you are innocent of all charges and were framed or something. ADMIT NOTHING.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: December 19, 2009 06:13PM

Re: I have a Restricted Liscense Question new
Date: December 19, 2009 05:18PM

" Does anyone care? NO ONE DOES."

Guess what, we don't give a shit either.

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Date: December 19, 2009 06:36PM

YOU SHOULD CARE> your tax dollars support the con games that MADD, VASAP and ADYS run! Our kids cannot go to any parties anymore. "Parents who host, lose the most" is their slogan. That means, IF ANYONE brings alcohol or is under the influence, EVERYONE is charged. If parents are present, they are charged as adult providers of alcohol - whether they knew the kids were drinking or not. Kids are sneaky, are you going to strip search everyone at the door?

Even if the kids breathalyze negative, they are still charged with "possession" since they were near kids who were drinking. Anyone over 21 is charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor, anyone under 21 is charged with either underage drinking or alcohol possession. Police work undercover to locate and bust these parties, too. Nothing like grabbing the low hanging fruit and finding a teen party with possible alcohol or drugs, never mind the kids who are dying of heroin overdoses.

Consequences for the kids are the same - grind them through the ineffective and waste of time program at VASAP whether they need it or not. Plus, when they are at the program, they social network with even more druggies and drunks. I would have rather just paid a court fine than given these jerks at VASAP good money to waste on their useless program.

EVERYONE loses their drivers license for 6 months+ thus risking their employment/education. A lawyer to fight this nonsense is $1500+.

I am strongly against anyone driving under the influence, and agree with MADD on prinicple, but it has gone too far. Kids are going to experiment or at least find themselves standing next to someone who does. Juvenile court is absolutely clogged with these cases and our tax dollars, police time, court costs - a total waste.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: December 19, 2009 07:30PM

oh boo fucking hoo.

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Posted by: hate asap ()
Date: December 19, 2009 08:33PM

Hey i was reading about this ads asap stuff people are saying and it is so true i have been forced to pay double do it over again for no reason because they didnt file papers 8 years and they have caused me so many problems do to their incompetance i am at this point seriuosly fed up with especially fairfax. people around me have heard my story and thigs they have made up and the lies they have told me and since i had already spent all the money i had on a lwyer and other involved things i have no way to fight it.. thing that makes me the most mad is i completed this stuff years ago and yes then i was screwing up but i havnt had any problems for 5 years now straight A's in school and work two jobs and it seems the fact that im doing well is a reason for them to try to make stuff up or lie to me to get my back involed in there stupid time consuming miserable bs... i was actually at the point that i was ready to actually get a lawsuit against them. its a long story and yes of course they piss every one off but they really messed up my paper work .. but in order to have any power against these people more than one person has to work to gether to make an impact or stirr up enought atterntion to this stupid system.. i have plenty of stories and would love to get some people together and bring this to someone attention.. i mean loose a 60000 dollar a year job... for ads classes how is that helping let me know

Posted by: VASAP Sucks ()
Date: December 20, 2009 11:20AM

Unlike graymoose1, you have my sympathy. Trouble is, no one wants to be FOR drunks/drugs - rehabbed or not. So, while you are down, VASAP will continue to piss on you. Try organizing parents when the kids are in trouble - no way will they stand up to any authority - school, police, or court if it affects their kid. Everyone just hangs their head down and lets this stupid system do its thing. Its hard to believe we lived through Woodstock and came to this.

This forum powered by Phorum.