HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Don't Go to Tysons Corner Today, Sat the 11th
Posted by: Dog Walker1 ()
Date: November 11, 2017 05:44PM

Massive traffic jams.

My wife wanted to go. I drove there & parked in parking lot next to movies after 15 minutes gridlock in that lot.

After shopping for an hour, it took 41 minutes (4:10 to 4:51 pm*) to get out of the garage. Total gridlock everywhere.

[* I originally mistyped this as 4:10 to 4:41. Corrected on edit.]

==========
==========

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Cassis on manners

Ignoring juvenile attacks and remarks on the internet for over two decades.

Arguing by deflection or name-calling is an admission that you don't have a rational argument.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2017 08:52PM by Dog Walker1.

Re: Don't Go to Tysons Corner Today, Sat the 11th
Posted by: Dr. Memory ()
Date: November 11, 2017 06:00PM

Poor weather, holiday weekend, Christmas around the corner.

Posted by: Simple Math by Skynyrd ()
Date: November 11, 2017 07:36PM

4:10 to 4:41 is not 41 minutes.

Posted by: A Smart Motherfucker ()
Date: November 11, 2017 07:47PM

Simple Math by Skynyrd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 4:10 to 4:41 is not 41 minutes.

That's only 30 minutes!

Posted by: commuter ()
Date: November 11, 2017 07:53PM

Fuck Tysons....fuck Tysons...fuck Tysons. I have to drive through that shithole everyday. It is a nightmare and is only going to get worse. The Fairfax county board of directors was sold bill of goods when they approved all the new development in Tysons. It is NOT walkable. People are NOT using the metro. When it takes you 20 minutes to go from Lewinsville to International that is a problem.

Posted by: FXCO Consumer Advocate Dept. ()
Date: November 11, 2017 08:02PM

Your need to use mass transit on a regular basis. If you do so you will experience relief from stress of traffic.

Posted by: U. Dewey Louie ()
Date: November 11, 2017 08:11PM

Call Uber and go in one of those. You'll really piss off the driver, because Uber pays the drivers shit and pays them even less to sit in traffic. The driver might even ask you to get out and walk, but don't do it. Make him take you every last inch. If he keeps trying to get you to get out, threaten to give him 1 star if he doesn't shut up. Then don't tip them, either, That makes them real mad.

Posted by: Dog Walker1 ()
Date: November 11, 2017 08:47PM

A Smart Motherfucker Wrote:
> Simple Math by Skynyrd Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 4:10 to 4:41 is not 41 minutes.
>
>
> That's only 30 minutes!

Right you are. I mistyped. It was 4:10 to 4:51 pm stuck in the parking lot.

First 10 minutes after I pulled out of parking space, I moved under 100 feet.

==========
==========

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Cassis on manners

Ignoring juvenile attacks and remarks on the internet for over two decades.

Arguing by deflection or name-calling is an admission that you don't have a rational argument.

Posted by: Hearya ()
Date: November 11, 2017 10:58PM

I was there today, it sucked.

Posted by: MJJGJ ()
Date: November 12, 2017 02:51AM

Just wait until the Jones Branch connection to Tyson's 2 is completed.

You think the Tyson's area is a parking lot now, just wait!!!

And VDOT trying to work on congestion and backups in this area, what a bunch of idiots. The HOT lanes are too expensive so few people use them.

The major problem with this side of the county is traffic going into Maryland. Until Maryland does sometime with the Beltway on their side of the river, forget about this side of the county. The trucks need to stay in the right lane because they cannot pick up speed going up the hills toward River Road, or past the 270 Split.

Tyson's 2 SUCKS. The entire area around Tyson's 2 is nothing by garbage. The 3 left turn lanes out of Tyson's 2 onto 123 toward the Beltway shuts this area down every evening. The Beltway cannot get past Route 7 & Route 66 and it paralyzes this area.

Wait 5 years, this area will be a non stop parking lot and Fairfax has a lot to be blamed for here.

Posted by: causeican ()
Date: November 12, 2017 06:03AM

It’s no fun driving anywhere around here. There are too many people driving who have no consideration for the flow of traffic as a whole. Individually-minded, self-absorbed assholes is one reason traffic doesn’t move.

At a traffic light, people will move out of one lane and into another in order to be first in line and then not move when the light turns green. First they just don’t go and then they just don’t go at a consistent increase in order to get to the speed limit. Why move over, if you’re not going to drive?! If you want to be first, act like it. If you don’t care, be last for pete’s sake!

People pull onto a road, cutting off drivers and not even try to do the speed limit. They act like there is no one else on the road and they don’t care that they’ve imposed upon you to hit your brakes and reduce your speed as much as 30 mph because they are thinking only of themselves. Their arrogance in presuming you will slow down is provoking.

Also, I notice in stores, people don’t say excuse me. They just bump into you and move on. Sometimes, I feel like knocking the chip off the shoulder of an arrogant rude person. Sometimes, I do.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2017 06:07AM by causeican.

Posted by: wishesss ()
Date: November 12, 2017 06:34AM

I am so mad, I am sorely tempted to buy an old battle-ax of a car, like an old cadillac or lincoln, put full coverage insurance on it, and let the shitty drivers run into me or merging in front of me on 66/395 doing 25 mph while I am locked on 55 in the right lane and collect the insurance checks when they do. It happens to me at least twice a week.

Either that, or the asshole who is in the right lane while I am in the left, and I am going straight and he cuts ACROSS me to make it to the left turn lane at the last second. Plan your turns better, ASSHOLE next time i will not yield and let you hit my battle-axe, hope you have insurance bro!

Or just race a civic with a coffee can muffler, my v8 will smoke their little 4 banger anyways leaving them looking silly.

It's kind of stupid though, might get hurt.

I can dream, can't I???

Posted by: marcus from manassas parkus ()
Date: November 12, 2017 06:48AM

wishesss Wrote:
> I am so mad, I am sorely tempted to buy an old
> battle-ax of a car, like an old cadillac or
> lincoln, put full coverage insurance on it, and
> let the shitty drivers run into me or merging in
> front of me on 66/395 doing 25 mph while I am
> locked on 55 in the right lane and collect the
> insurance checks when they do. It happens to me at
> least twice a week.
>
> Either that, or the asshole who is in the right
> lane while I am in the left, and I am going
> straight and he cuts ACROSS me to make it to the
> left turn lane at the last second. Plan your turns
> better, ASSHOLE next time i will not yield and let
> you hit my battle-axe, hope you have insurance
> bro!
>
> Or just race a civic with a coffee can muffler, my
> v8 will smoke their little 4 banger anyways
> leaving them looking silly.
>
> It's kind of stupid though, might get hurt.
>
> I can dream, can't I???

What you need is a dead Grandma car. You can find them cheap with very low miles. Often times they will need a set of tires as soon as you buy the car because the factory tires are still on the car but dry rotted. A set of Chinese tires from walmart is all you need. The wife and I have a dead grandma car as a spare vehicle, it's fun to drive around not giving a shit about hitting stuff.
Attachments:
2000_mercury_grand_marquis_gs_1.jpg

Posted by: daily driver ()
Date: November 12, 2017 11:07AM

Anyone else notice that the condo building at Rt. 123 and Anderson Rd is empty. Place has been open for at least a year and there is only one unit that I regularly see lights on.

This forum powered by Phorum.