HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: WMAL dumps "Savage Nation"
Posted by: Miss Phelps ()
Date: January 03, 2017 04:54PM

I live in Norther Virginia. I listened to Michael Savage from 3 to 5 p.m. As soon as I hear Larry O'Connor come on, I change stations. Now the only person I'll listen to on WMAL is Chris Plante.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave Stemmons ()
Date: January 03, 2017 05:43PM

Will be looking for the station that has Savage.
No more WMAL on my preset dial

Posted by: truth hurts ()
Date: January 03, 2017 06:07PM

Savage saw the writing on the wall when his support for Trump proved to be more effective than the banksters who own the media would allow.

the talent most responsible for Trump winning this year is kicked off ? and they leave the zionist pos levin on the air ?

all you levin supporters are either idiots or israel firsters...which means you are the same type of assholes as those with Her...and the country would be better off without you...

Posted by: True the Vote! ()
Date: January 03, 2017 06:14PM

Nice shot. Savage has no filter, he spoke from the heart.

Posted by: arthur heavener ()
Date: January 04, 2017 09:30AM

i will find a new station to listen to Dr. Savage only told the truth about Washington and the fools that run our country.

Date: January 04, 2017 11:47AM

larry with the lisp is Milquetoast at best.
wmal has lost their mind AGAIN

Posted by: Plante sucks ()
Date: January 04, 2017 02:45PM

kickeson66 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Love me some Chris Plante. He offers smart,
> entertaining insights into political shenanigans.

LOL! Plante is a tool and tired. He offers no insights. At least Rush goes beyond the 4th grade name calling.
You can play drinking games with all his tired phrases.

"I was out to dinner with my best lady"
"I'm making quotations with my fingers"
"Nanny Pelosi"
"Hillary RODHAM Clinton"
"Lunch bucket Joe"
"Lying liberal media"
"They got that working for them"

He has no ideas or critical thinking skills.

Date: January 04, 2017 03:26PM

7-10 million savage listeners don't think so

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2017 03:27PM by greensuedebeatleboots.

Posted by: boohoo ()
Date: January 04, 2017 04:46PM

This decision will cost WMAL.I predict they will ask savage to return.

Date: January 04, 2017 04:48PM

LARRY IS LAME
BRIAN IS BORing
LEVIN IS A DUMB AS A BOX OF ROCKS FOR SLAMMING TRUMP IN FAVOR OF CRUZ for 2 years

Posted by: Linda Aber ()
Date: January 04, 2017 05:25PM

I am so disappointed that WMAL dropped Savage Nation, the most intelligent, sincere, interesting eclectically host on radio, Michael Savage.
A dumb move that is making ME move to another station for my drive home from work.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 04, 2017 05:34PM

Bring back Grandy & Andy PLEASE!!!! Seriously... Larry against Hannity in that timeslot... Really...????

Posted by: Long commuter ()
Date: January 04, 2017 08:24PM

Savage was irritating at times, but I could handle him or turn him off. Larry is not a good replacement. Didn't like him on Mornings on the Mall. What's next, Brian Wilson going to take over for Mark Levin? Chris Plante is very entertaining and I would listen to him more if he was on during my commute. Well I'll listen to rock on 100.3 from now on. Better entertainment anyway. Hope I get to listen to Chris when he goes nationwide!

Posted by: Jimi Jones ()
Date: January 04, 2017 10:08PM

This is what they did to Coast to Coast AM few years back, that I'm still pissed off about. George Nory was on some DC station I think it was 1260AM going from 1 to 5 AM and everything was good. Then WMAL brings him over to their station and almost from the start cuts the show back 2 hours. Ending at 3AM, when everybody who listens to Coast to Coast AM knows the last hours get really weird and creepy. Then they drop the whole show and nobody in DC picked it up. WTF. It is only the best late night radio show in America. Can't anyone in DC pick it up. Notice I said America, cause now I only listen to RED ICE RADIO from Sweden.

Posted by: Dumbfounded ()
Date: January 05, 2017 05:50AM

The only reason I started listening to WMAL is because of Savage. I turned on the radio yesterday at my usual time 3 o'clock and realized Savage has been replaced by Larry. I gave Larry about 5 minutes of my time (BOOORRRIIINNGG!!), that's the last 5 minutes WMAL will receive from me unless they bring back Savage. The guy won the radio hall of fame WTH are they thinking.

Posted by: Mina ()
Date: January 05, 2017 02:42PM

After Cris Plant, I would wait anxiously for Savage nation. I am very sad he off the air however I try to listen to him on other radio stations. Shame on WMAML.

Posted by: Mary Rose Udstuen ()
Date: January 05, 2017 03:02PM

I will really miss Michael Savage. I looked forward to his program every day at 3:00. Do the powers to be really know what they are doing? They could have at least canvassed the listening audience.

Posted by: Radiophile  ()
Date: January 05, 2017 03:48PM

Plante sucks Wrote:
> kickeson66 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Love me some Chris Plante. He offers smart,
> > entertaining insights into political
> shenanigans.
>
>
> LOL! Plante is a tool and tired. He offers no
> insights. At least Rush goes beyond the 4th grade
> name calling.
> You can play drinking games with all his tired
> phrases.
>
> "I was out to dinner with my best lady"
> "I'm making quotations with my fingers"
> "Nanny Pelosi"
> "Hillary RODHAM Clinton"
> "Lunch bucket Joe"
> "Lying liberal media"
> "They got that working for them"
>
> He has no ideas or critical thinking skills.

^^^^ anon Mark Webster post.

Posted by: Cynthia O. Harrell ()
Date: January 05, 2017 08:03PM

Add me to the list of disappointed WMAL listeners in taking Michael Savage off and putting in Larry O'Connor. He is like white noise and was bearable in mornings when one is not quite awake. Savage is the best in radio and I could have listened to him from 3-6. I too will leave WMAL after Rush and stream Savage on his San Francisco station. Your ratings will suffer with O'Connor. He is no Savage.

Posted by: BeMoreConservative ()
Date: January 05, 2017 08:41PM

Chris Plante will be big nationally and it will be hysterical to hear you haters call him - please do his ratings will grow and he will take your call, he loves it and I will too.

When Savage came on WMAL I listened for a while and grew to dislike him more each time even though I agree with many things he said. "liberalism is a mental disorder" is my favorite". Within 6 months WMAL had totally lost my 3pm. Too pompus and arrogant - smart, accomplished people do not have to walk around saying they how smart they are you can tell by listening to them. Having the highest ratings do not get you the boot. So just stream what you want as I did when I got sick of him.

I called the station a few weeks after he started and politely expressed my view, suggesting to either take him off or put him in some very late night fringe spot like coast to coast was. They said they were aware of the problem and working on it. Probably a contractual thing they had to keep him this long but at the time I thought it was just PR and my feedback does not matter. So maybe I think it did along with the ratings issue.

Brian and Larry are both bad, like mediocre fill ins. It would be nice if Larry was just a placeholder for someone good - Dan Bongino would be good but Larry certainly will not last.

Listen you "savages"spout hatred, call each other names Perhaps you should be more accurate and call each other "Weiners"

Posted by: w4TKT ()
Date: January 05, 2017 08:52PM

Chris Plante was perfect for advocating Romney - since he lived in south america for some time as a child and now lives in usa

he's not better than savage - but younger

good health to Dr. Savage !!

Posted by: Uk3tK ()
Date: January 05, 2017 08:55PM

i'm sure some media must have got some of their article ideas / positions / jokes off of ffu at some point

and if i were them i wouldn't cite the source if it were going to kill me!

Posted by: Robert Powers ()
Date: January 05, 2017 08:59PM

Bring back Savage!

Date: January 05, 2017 09:50PM

Michael was unique--a newscaster and Groucho Marx rolled into one.
I will miss his wit.

Posted by: C Boyd ()
Date: January 06, 2017 08:22AM

With Savage no longer on the air, I have no reason to listen to WMAL on the way home. Larry may be a nice guy but 5 minutes of his logic and I need to move on.

Posted by: Proof Bill Hess is a moron ()
Date: January 06, 2017 09:06AM

Maria Leaf. Nuff said.

Posted by: Devasted ()
Date: January 06, 2017 09:42AM

BAD MOVE HESS... BRING THE DOCTOR BACK !!!

Posted by: Squaker ()
Date: January 06, 2017 11:51AM

Plante sucks Wrote:
> kickeson66 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Love me some Chris Plante. He offers smart,
> > entertaining insights into political
> shenanigans.
>
>
> LOL! Plante is a tool and tired. He offers no
> insights. At least Rush goes beyond the 4th grade
> name calling.
> You can play drinking games with all his tired
> phrases.
>
> "I was out to dinner with my best lady"
> "I'm making quotations with my fingers"
> "Nanny Pelosi"
> "Hillary RODHAM Clinton"
> "Lunch bucket Joe"
> "Lying liberal media"
> "They got that working for them"
>
> He has no ideas or critical thinking skills.

"Al Gore's amazing internet."

"He (fill in the blank) types for the Democrat Party."

I'm listening now and he's said "Lunch Bucket Joe" five times in the last five minutes. If I were playing the game I would be drunk before noon.

Plante also has the annoying habit of laughing at his own jokes, especially the lame ones.

For years I listened to Tom Marr in the mornings via the internet (WCBM-680, but the signal is weak). Unfortunately he died last July. Bruce Elliot has the time slot now. He is ok but no Tom. Of course both talked about Maryland issues far more than WMAL talkers do. I usually tuned out on those days.

Plante has his good days but his act is pretty thin much of the time. I seldom listen to more than an hour.

Michael Savage sometimes was very entertaining. I've never heard better rants. However, he tended to talk too much about himself, especially his books, but I'd take him over Larry any day.

Posted by: V ()
Date: January 06, 2017 01:55PM

Thank heavens!!! So glad they replaced that self-involved bore with the knowledgeable, witty, and articulate O'Connor. I'll miss him, though, on the a.m. show with Brian Wilson -- they complemented each other so well. Hoping Brian holds out for a good "alongsider."

Posted by: RG ()
Date: January 06, 2017 02:18PM

I listened to Savage back in the 90s - I really liked his unorthodox take on current events and he helped me see my way from a flaming lib to conservative. Now I see him being more of a boorish narcissist with a sprinkle of insightful thought provoking ideas - still worth listening to from my perspective. I will be looking to stream his show on the drive home.

Don't want to disparage the other talk show hosts. I will add my voice to those that are praising Chris Plante. He says things that I am thinking but can't put into words and, yes, he is a stich. Think: "things I'd like to say during Thanksgiving diner to my lib family."

Posted by: Tinacc1 ()
Date: January 06, 2017 02:52PM

Will not tune in WMAL anymore. Savage nation is the only show I listen on WMAL. Now I will just stream them on youtube around 7pm after they upload the commercial free shows.

Posted by: True American ()
Date: January 06, 2017 03:28PM

WMAL is going to lose a lot of listeners over this. Nobody listens to that windbag Limbaugh and O'conner is just boring and just not very smart.

Posted by: Ann S ()
Date: January 06, 2017 05:16PM

Wow, what a disappointment. Drive time will never be the same. Only Dr. Savage could make me laugh and learn, and help me escape the drudgery of driving teenagers home from school and to afternoon sports practices. Commute time will never be the same, rather it'll be pure drudgery. WMAL, get Dr. Savage back! No other radio host entertains nor has the wide spectrum of knowledge and life experiences as Dr. Savage.

Posted by: Queen Bee ()
Date: January 06, 2017 08:51PM

You lost another listener, WMAL - I cannot stomach Larry O'Connor, Brian Wilson and Maria Leaf. Can't you dump John Bachelor at 9 and bring back Savage? What is wrong with you people??? I'd rather listen to nails on chalk board than this group of annoying, irritating twits.

Posted by: Bonnie Lynn ()
Date: January 07, 2017 12:09AM

I work with my daughter and the high point of our day was listening to
"The Savage Nation".

He was very entertaining, smart, and spoke his mind.

We are very disappointed that he is gone.

We hope that WMAL brings back Michael Savage as we really miss his insights.

We are switching stations at this point.

Posted by: Salvnite ()
Date: January 07, 2017 03:08AM

Will greatly miss the salvage Nation...I'll for sure be changing stations.

Posted by: RG1 ()
Date: January 07, 2017 06:05PM

WMAL needed the Doctor and so did I, it seems like the people who make decisions regarding their choices of talk hosts may need a different kind of doctor, possibly getting their heads examined pulling Michael Savage who provided me with something to look forward to daily during my commute home. I would often stay at work until the show started and many times would be in my driveway after arriving home getting the segment finished. That is hard to accomplish and a terrible self inflicted blow to WMAL in my opinion. Mr Savage had an approach and perspective that was not status quo and that is what to me made him that guy who was my go to "home run" radio host. Wow, I am at a loss regarding this poor choice and I hope another station somehow gets him back on for his DC MD VA fan base and really for that any person listener who may not agree with all said and the views but Michael provided that bandwidth change from the standard garbage can variety rhetoric that is served in "Trumps" across the radio dial. Thank you Michael for the years I did get to know you and the insight from a guy who cut across the standard grain that others usually follow because it is easily the safe and comfortable thing to do going with the lets not offend anyone mindset. All the best sir.

Posted by: Omahah ()
Date: January 07, 2017 09:37PM

The Savage Nation is on AM 1230 Fredericksburg, VA from 3 to 6 Monday - Friday.

Posted by: plante rocks ()
Date: January 07, 2017 11:22PM

Chris Plante is great! His sarcasm and dry wit are funny as heck!

Posted by: B Hudson ()
Date: January 08, 2017 10:26PM

I miss Savage. Larry's ego is too much for me, because it comes across as real ego, in a self-centered way. Mike Savage, on the other hand, has an ego that is a comical in a good way.

I'll stream Savage, until someone else in the D.C. area puts him in their line-up.

Thanks.

Posted by: Tommy ()
Date: January 09, 2017 08:05AM

WMAL sucks. Larry was tolerable in the morning. Not in the afternoon as a Savage replacement. I'm dumping WMAL except for Chris Plante and Brian Wilson is tolerable in the morning. Larry was okay with Brian. Getting rid of Savage is a huge mistake and I am seeking solace elsewhere on the dial. What a bunch of schmuks.

Posted by: Markjohn mechanical ()
Date: January 09, 2017 05:51PM

Turned off wmal garbage when they took micheal off. Hes great. Hes thought provoking for sure.
No more wmal for me. Liberals just dont want you to hear the truth.

Posted by: Markjohn mechanical ()
Date: January 09, 2017 05:54PM

I think since savage didnt support the entrenched Republican elites, someone got to wmal and convinced wigs and they pulled him.
Wmals loss. Suck them wmal

Posted by: mark j ()
Date: January 09, 2017 07:23PM

done with WMAL....Savage was the best show...

hope you lose alot of money WMAL...aholes!

Posted by: Griffey ()
Date: January 10, 2017 02:38AM

Very bad decision; WMAL dropped Hannity and now Savage. Mornings with Zlarry were enough for me. Will not be tuning into WMAL anymore.

Bad decision. You will lose a lot of listeners now.

Posted by: Rubyfin ()
Date: January 10, 2017 03:52PM

I am sad to see Michael Savage go. I enjoy listening to him and Chris Plante with Chis Plante being my favorite, but I find Michael Savage refreshingly honest and entertaining. We have a sick country with all the leftists, liberals, Democrats who have no clue about right or wrong, up or down or anything of substance and these guys are a breath of fresh air. I don't know what WMAL is thinking in getting rid of Savage, especially now with Trump coming into office being that he and Michael Savage are personal friends.

Posted by: C. Gregory ()
Date: January 10, 2017 05:23PM

I miss Brian and Larry in am. Not the same. Definitely,not listening as much as I use to. O"connor for three hours in the afternoon ... not working for me.

Posted by: Pete ()
Date: January 11, 2017 08:43AM

The difference between Savage and Larry O'Conner: a caller on 1/10/2017 related Judical Watch's article that the Ft Lauderfale shooter was a Muslim convert. Larry chided her for relating something that had no basis in fact. He said, I read the same websites that you do, and it's not true. Apparently the party line is to whitewash any suggestion that the shooting was a terrorist act. Have a feeling this is not what Savage would be saying about the attack.

Date: January 11, 2017 02:18PM

from bill hess wmal program director via email

bill.hess@cumulus.com

Thanks for your note.

I’m sorry you’re unhappy with our decision, but I certainly understand. We don’t make these decisions lightly as we know we can’t please everyone all of the time. The goal is simply to present programming to appeal to the largest number of potential listeners.

I won’t debate Larry’s talent with you; it’s subjective anyway. I will tell you that our 5pm hour, hosted by Larry, has been the most-listened-to hour on the radio station and we’re hoping to expand that audience to the full 3pm-6pm time slot.

I’m sorry you won’t be listening; I wish you would. But KSFO is a perfect option for you to continue to listen to Dr Savage.

Bill

Bill Hess

Vice President / NewsTalk

Cumulus Media, Inc.

Program Director

105.9FM & AM630 WMAL

4400 Jenifer Street NW

Washington, DC 20015

(202) 895 - 2358

Posted by: leonyrey ()
Date: January 11, 2017 02:28PM

Get Dr. Savage back on!!!!

The only person that backed TRUMP and is a real conservative.

I listened to him on WMAL on drives in afternoon ...now listening on iHeartradio

bad move WMAL

Posted by: MkXXp ()
Date: January 11, 2017 04:55PM

that radio station has shows? anytime I tune in its commercials.

Posted by: RS ()
Date: January 11, 2017 05:01PM

Bring Michael Savage back. PLEASE!!!!!!!! I enjoy several of your hosts. He is by far favorite! Please bring him back!!!

Date: January 11, 2017 07:04PM

Why have you taken Michael Savage off the 3-5 PM time? He was informative and is a learned man. We, me and my husband, enjoyed the show very much 5 days a week. I have not heard any explanation why this action was taken.
We are NOT impressed with the replacement show. Please let us know the reason why he has taken off the air so abruptly? We enjoy Chris Plant and Rush Limbaugh, but we do not appreciate censorship in our radio, or the new show that replaced Savage Nation.

WMAL could have notify the listeners in advance. Courtesy to your listeners (customers) should be your top priority, but taking off the Savage Nation changed the priority for your listeners. You could also let us know what stations in Maryland carry the Savage Nation show.

Sincerely, the Ceolleros family

Posted by: XjTjN ()
Date: January 11, 2017 07:19PM

The costs to broadcast Savage Nation is $150K per hour per year plus concessions of time so he can plug whatever the hell he's hawking. WMAL was broadcasting two hours so that's $300K a year plus free air time of 8 minutes per hour.

They can get O'Conner for 2/3rds of that cost and give up no air time for advertising. And Savage's ratings on WMAL weren't that great. Bottom line, this is a move about money, not content.

Savage isn't coming back. Find him on iheartradio if you must listen to him.

Posted by: Virginia21 ()
Date: January 11, 2017 11:09PM

Thank you, thank you for finally dumping the very bizarre Savage! Couldn't abide him and turned off at 3:00. Larry sometimes lectures, seems to miss the point of listener point of view, but anyone is better than Savage. More Chris Plante please. I find myself turning Levin off more and more, just don't enjoy him even though he is smart.

Posted by: asong pius ()
Date: January 12, 2017 04:08AM

The manager of this station must be some liberal Hillary back side kisser who feels threaten by an intelligent talk show host like Mr Savage. The man you replace him with can't handle three hours of talk radio, he is very boring to me to say the least. Even my 7 years old thinks Savage is very entertaining and smart.Your station has just lost at least 4 listeners because Micheal Savage dismissal. You who made the decision, must be listening to a bunch of liberals who still think they have a brain, but the so call brains they have, have long fallen off but because liberals have a mental disorder they do not even know that their brains are gone. People who have brains live by thinking and not by feelings like liberals do.

Posted by: Diablo135 ()
Date: January 12, 2017 04:19PM

Man, you are too school for cool

Posted by: Michael Savage won't be missed ()
Date: January 12, 2017 07:39PM

I'm glad that annoying kike is off air. Next step is to get Rush Limbaugh off air.

Posted by: Theresa ()
Date: January 14, 2017 01:05PM

There are just to many Libs. in the WBAL area. They just can not listen to a real man, Michael Savage. The new guy is boring and not at all interesting. He dosen't have the temperment or in your face ...tell the truth attitude. We love Chris Plante and Rush Limbaugh. Other then them , we and other's would not even listen to 105.9 ,the station that is so worried about money over their listeners.

Posted by: Grevey's ()
Date: January 14, 2017 02:21PM

O'Conner has Ann Coulter on once or twice a week for long segments. That's good enough for me. He's scoring some good guests so I'll listen. If it was just him droning on with someone like Brian Wilson, I wouldn't. Never listen to Mornings on the MAL - too boring. Savage was better, but O'Conner's not that bad.

Date: January 14, 2017 10:16PM

Please Bring Back Savage, I miss all topics including politics. He is so smart in so many areas I trully miss his insight on all topics.

Date: January 16, 2017 03:40PM

email the station. voice your opinion.

bill hess wmal program director email

bill.hess@cumulus.com

Posted by: KSFO ()
Date: January 16, 2017 06:00PM

Theresa Wrote:
> There are just to many Libs. in the WBAL area.
> They just can not listen to a real man, Michael
> Savage....the
> station that is so worried about money over their
> listeners.

A real man with a pocket poodle he takes to the groomer once a week?

Theresa, I am one of your readers. Please send me some money.

Posted by: A fan ()
Date: January 17, 2017 12:21AM

Gosh Larry O'conner sucks he is predictable and sounds like a feminine chump, one hour was ok, but to replace Savage was a bad move.

He repeats others and is not whitty as Savage....O'Conner belongs with the shitty WMAL backup crew that are on when the stars are on vacation.

Dump this chump

Posted by: Ron B ()
Date: January 17, 2017 09:27AM

I will not be listening to the Savage Nation replacement. Why would you cancel a thought provoking show for this nonsense?

Posted by: ann rohland ()
Date: January 17, 2017 11:46PM

What a TRAGIC mistake to take Michael Savage off WMAL. I have been a long time listener to Michael and he is the only one who speaks the truth and will SAY IT LIKE IT IS--NO BS. I will no longer be tuning in to WMAL at that particular time slot that you took away. The only other talk show host I do listen to is Chris Plante--but he is no Michael Savage! Shame on WMAL--I guess some of those sick liberal rats had something to do with this. Hopefully, I can find him on another network and will certainly be listening to his show. By removing Michael you just lost another viewer and I have told my friends who also listen to WMAL to do the same.

Posted by: Otto ()
Date: January 18, 2017 04:18PM

Just returned from the holidays in Florida where I only listen to classical music. When in Maryland I always enjoyed the non-PC antics of Michael Savage.He is definitely an acquired taste but very tough. No more WMAL for me. Ciao!

Posted by: WTF? ()
Date: January 20, 2017 02:47PM

So... that's what happened. Larry is OK but Chris Plante is too snarky for me. I hate his fake snickering that he constantly does trying to sound funny after some statement, when in reality he is reading his next lines.

WMAL will regret dumping Savage. The people have spoken, and "moderate" "conservatives" were spewed out like the vomit they are.

Posted by: hejYp ()
Date: January 20, 2017 05:33PM

So they changed up the dance card. Who gives a fuck. WMAL was once the best news and sports station in the DC area. Now its home to a bunch of right and alt-right talking heads that nobody but like minded thinkers want to listen to.

Posted by: Captain Midlife ()
Date: January 20, 2017 06:30PM

Savage can be interesting, but he also spends too much time trashing everyone else and bragging about what a brilliant guy he is. He basically claimed he put Trump in the White House and then whined when he didn't get a call from The Donald as soon as he won the nomination. He kept saying how he didn't want or need a high level job in a Trump administration which I didn't believe for a second. He made me laugh, but also pissed me off a lot. Chris Plante is great and Rush is more than just a "windbag". He has the left's number and explains the danger they and their "upside down" policies represent for America and the world in general and he does it better than anyone else. I agree however that Savage was better than O'Conner for more than an hour and waaay better than nasal whiner Mark Levin who is not "the great one" by any measure.

Date: January 21, 2017 12:32PM

wmal is following the megyn kelly/shepard smith news model of trying to appease the liberal masses of NOVA.

Nova is deeply behind enemy lines.

boring larry is very weak and nonthreatening to the establishment.

keep in mind that dumb asses at wmal also fired Michael Graham and for a time Chris Plante.

The program manager (bill hess) is clueless

bill.hess@cumulus.com

bill.hess@citcomm.com

(202) 895-2358

Posted by: mark j ()
Date: January 22, 2017 06:51PM

Fuck WMAL...I am starting a protest in 2 wks to get SAvage back on...do you think Madonna will show up?

Date: January 24, 2017 09:41PM

no disrespect but i call him Fairy Oconnor

Posted by: Dudebanger ()
Date: January 24, 2017 10:16PM

I liked Savage a lot, but off late he plugs his books a lot and takes credit for everything. The only time I like him is when he is not taking credit for himself and bragging

Posted by: Savage Is An Idiot ()
Date: January 24, 2017 11:52PM

Savage kept identifying himself as a scientist, but then he would go off on some mystic revelations, and conspiracy bullshit.

Savage is an idiot, and I mean that by saying that his IQ is low.

Date: January 25, 2017 08:06PM

Savage Is An Idiot Wrote:
> Savage kept identifying himself as a scientist,
> but then he would go off on some mystic
> revelations, and conspiracy bullshit.
>
> Savage is an idiot, and I mean that by saying that
> his IQ is low.

He holds master's degrees from the University of Hawaii in medical botany and medical anthropology, and a Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley in nutritional ethnomedicine.

He has written four political books that have reached The New York Times Best Seller List.

please list your accomplishments other than jerking off.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: January 26, 2017 02:01AM

People who find ways to move from the U.S. to the South Pacific are very often homo kid rapists.

Savage with his made up scholarship fits the profile.

Date: January 26, 2017 12:09PM

Mike O'Meara Show Fan Wrote:
> People who find ways to move from the U.S. to the
> South Pacific are very often homo kid rapists.
>
> Savage with his made up scholarship fits the
> profile.

when you visited the south pacific did your butt get sore?

Posted by: JBE ()
Date: January 27, 2017 10:39AM

WMAL now sucks...the morning show is for house moms, diaper talk, and movies...now the afternoon is filled with a lightweight...what a joke...Savage helped get Trump elected and WMAL retreated back into its safe space...losers

Posted by: JBE ()
Date: January 27, 2017 10:42AM

WMAL now sucks...the morning show is for house-moms, diaper talk, and movies...now the afternoon is filled with a lightweight...what a joke...Savage helped get Trump get elected...then WMAL retreats back into its safe space...what kind of an idiot makes such a stupid business decision? what kind of leftist loser do they have making programming decisions...

Posted by: where's-the-hole? ()
Date: February 03, 2017 01:05PM

"Larry-the-Fairy" doesn't deserve to be on radio. His sexual preferences (detectable in his vocal style) are intolerable and annoying. He thinks arranging a marriage has hidden his bi-sexuality. Hah!!!

Bring Michael Savage back.....
Posted by: Kathy ()
Date: February 03, 2017 02:33PM

Okay, all the talk show hosts on WMAL are pretty good but I am surprised by the decision to replace Savage Nation with Larry O.
Chris Plante is the best one left now...

I do what the others do, stream Dr. Savage from 3-6 pm....

Posted by: Rodger Bearsdley ()
Date: February 10, 2017 05:32PM

I'm tired of listening to Faggy O'Connor in the afternoon commuting home; he's got great inflection in his radio voice, but not much upstairs to get us thinking. Savage is the best who has the pulse of the country about as good as Rush has.

Posted by: Fudgeyj3pvy ()
Date: February 11, 2017 07:04PM

Talk stream savage...

Posted by: doug johnson ()
Date: February 17, 2017 12:45PM

Didn't know savage was gone so like always while driving at 3pm the radio is on listening to Larry O'Connor for about an hour thinking he was filling in. NO,! I couldn't tell you what O'Connor said, that's how interesting it was. Bring back the savage!

Posted by: emigrant ()
Date: February 20, 2017 01:25AM

I will miss Dr. Savage.get him back, it's a shame and replacing him whit a "running creek" for 3 boring hours Larry O'Connor is really weak and not very knowledgeable I fill like back in time I'm from east European ex communist country I lived 32 yrs under threat I really enjoyed Dr. Savage's show nobody could do it better, he also has substance of the problems what facing this nation. I will miss his style of speaking and picturing story None of the others come close.take him off it showing the "freedom of speech"where its hitting this country it's very sad.....America weak up! Of local talent, I like Chris Plant with his humor

Posted by: Boring radio ()
Date: February 20, 2017 02:38AM

Chris Plante is a trick pony. Nothing creative or informative.

Just a fat slob bangin' 60 year olds and making bad jokes about libs and media.
Attachments:
IMG_1901.JPG

Posted by: Jason2017 ()
Date: February 21, 2017 11:24PM

I read all these negative comments about the On Air talent, and I think to myself, how disgusting some of you sound. Are you an On Air talent? No, you're not. Brian, Larry, Chris all great. Do any of you have the guts to go live, everyday, with nearly a million people listening? The answer is probably not. I bet most of these negative comments are liberals, who are still without a clue, since the beginning of time.

Posted by: Derp away snowflake ()
Date: February 22, 2017 01:10AM

Attachments:
IMG_1902.JPG

Re: Bring Michael Savage back.....
Date: February 22, 2017 12:44PM

Larry O'Connor seems like he probably enjoys the company of men. In other words, a tail-gunning flamer.

Re: Bring Michael Savage back.....
Posted by: WMAL ()
Date: February 22, 2017 12:58PM

Ffx Co and NOVA in general suck Wrote:
> Larry O'Connor seems like he probably enjoys the
> company of men. In other words, a tail-gunning
> flamer.

I love WMAL, absolutely love it. Chris plante is great, Rush is great, Savage was great but O'Connor is just a god effing bore. I change the station the second he comes on.

Date: February 26, 2017 10:07AM

Posted by: Twistsandturns ()
Date: February 26, 2017 12:00PM

Savage pretends to be an expert on the Middle East but he had no idea what Sykes-Picot was . He thought it was an acronym.Incredible.

Posted by: CD Walker ()
Date: March 15, 2017 10:52PM

The self-hating cowards at Cumulus and WMAL have executed the First Amendment, consistent with all other policies in Peoples Republic of Fairfax. Freedom and former WMAL listeners suffer because 3 - 5 PM which is now "dead air". Larry O'Connor is a bad joke. Bring back Savage !

Posted by: Rogito ()
Date: March 15, 2017 11:13PM

Agree that Larry is really bad. He simply cannot carry a three hour hour show.....fills the time with nonsense....Savage is highly intelligent and thought provoking. Where can Savage be found on alternative station?

Posted by: Willis Joseph ()
Date: March 16, 2017 07:45PM

Try The Savage Nation Podcasts (With NO Commercial Breaks)
http://conservativestream.com/recorded-shows/savage.php
I listen to yesterday's show everyday and stream through my car stereo.

Posted by: Tom Fields ()
Date: April 03, 2017 03:59PM

Hello,
I am surprised and disappointed that you dumped Savage. Is it just a money thing? Savage is a widely published author--with a National following and a PhD.--and the ability to interview Trump. Larry is probably a "nice" guy but it is a shame that he advertised a hair restoration product--with no success--as Brian pointed out one morning. today I heard him refer to "Foreign Surveillance Act' coverage of Trump----which is exactly wrong. As many of your listeners know---the increased collection against Russian communication---WITHOUT MENTIONING Trump---was specifically done to avoid FISA! Larry's frequent mention of his family is pathetic and sophomoric. Ratings must be dropping--although Larry is "loosing" weight (?)
Please bring back Savage.
Thanks.

Posted by: Tom Fields ()
Date: April 03, 2017 04:03PM

Posted by: Jerbo ()
Date: April 03, 2017 09:05PM

Tom Fields Wrote:
> Hello,
> I am surprised and disappointed that you dumped
> Savage. Is it just a money thing? Savage is a
> widely published author--with a National following
> and a PhD.--and the ability to interview Trump.
> Larry is probably a "nice" guy but it is a shame
> that he advertised a hair restoration
> product--with no success--as Brian pointed out one
> morning. today I heard him refer to "Foreign
> Surveillance Act' coverage of Trump----which is
> exactly wrong. As many of your listeners
> know---the increased collection against Russian
> communication---WITHOUT MENTIONING Trump---was
> specifically done to avoid FISA! Larry's frequent
> mention of his family is pathetic and sophomoric.
> Ratings must be dropping--although Larry is
> "loosing" weight (?)
> Please bring back Savage.
> Thanks.

Well said my mixing friend. Agree that Larry cannot grow hair, and brags about losing weight.....but he cannot hold Savage's jockstrap.Bring back Michael !

Posted by: Burkesux ()
Date: April 26, 2017 07:42AM

What is happening to WMAL? Are they trying to commit format suicide? Mary Walter?? What a dynamic add. Between the two of them, I feel like I'm sitting in a diner somewhere in the middle of the US listen to two retired people chat about politics. And its turned into politics radio karaoke: "X happened, can you believe it? What say you...to the phones we go." Over and over and over. God it's annoying. And Larry OConnor - nice guy but holy god- he is so boring! His fixation on micro issues and milquetoast schtick is getting old.

I might have to start listening to NPR to hear the girls who sound like they are 19 report heavily biased stories through intense vocal fry and upward inflection that someone led them to believe will make them sound intelligent. At least that will get my brain engaged in some way. Mary Walter?????!!!!! Wtf. She's the Erin Hannon of the radio world.

Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.