HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Unfair
Posted by: Mistress S. ()
Date: August 07, 2009 03:26PM

I've been a driver in the state of Virginia for over 20 years. Last year a security guard at a rental car agency took my driver's license, though it was not suspended, and I never could get a replacement one from DMV.

I got mired in a neverending cycle in the county over this driver's license issue. I drove a couple of times with a photo ID card and got tickets for not having the actual license with me (though I've tried over and over to get a restricted license from DMV).

Was assaulted by a police officer over this issue also. Had to appear in court over it twice, with no resolution. I'm 40, and feel like I'm treated like a 16-year-old boy just learning how to drive.

I've sat in court several hours waiting patiently while one person after another walks away with minimal fees. And then I stand up to request a license renewal I am threatened with jail time. I'm basically stranded while traffic police here keep the wheel spinning with numerous reasons why I can no longer drive here.

P.S. I have had an excellent driving record, and background, before all this. I feel like I'm treated like a common-law criminal. Enough to want to move out of this state permanently. I hate the way this is going.

Does anybody think this is fair? Or am I just being "overly sensitive"?

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 07, 2009 03:29PM

Why did you let a security guard take it? If it wasn't suspended, why couldn't you get it replaced?

Re: Unfair
Posted by: BagODonuts ()
Date: August 07, 2009 03:33PM

Yea...a security guard took your license? Shaky story at best. Don't come looking for sympathy without giving the whole story.

I've never even seen a security guard at a rental car agency.

I can only assume that you "Days of Thundered" the poor little Nissan Altima that you left on the road side.

And the when you stand up to request a new license in court, the judge "threatens" you with jail time?

Time to think about quittin' the crack buddy.

Vote: Overly Sensitive.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: si senor ()
Date: August 07, 2009 03:42PM

this story does not add up

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Mistress S. ()
Date: August 07, 2009 03:44PM

Not a story. Just the facts. Thanks for the input.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: August 07, 2009 03:55PM

Tell dmv your license was stolen, which was (sort of) and get a new one issued. You can this online now as well. I don't think the security guard has the ability to override DMV and court records.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: si senorita ()
Date: August 07, 2009 04:24PM

Mistress S. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not a story. Just the facts. Thanks for the input.


well women shouldnt drive
so theres another fact
thanks for yuor input

Re: Unfair
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: August 07, 2009 04:27PM

Just the facts? Your facts are screwed up but this is what it SOUNDS like if one reads between the BS you are trying to pass off as fact...

Your license was suspended and you kept on driving anyway. Bad idea. You don't deserve to have a license until you pay for your own stupidity. Have fun with that.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 07, 2009 04:36PM

Misstress, please square these two statements:

"...security guard at a rental car agency took my driver's license, though it was not suspended, and I never could get a replacement one from DMV."

"...I've tried over and over to get a restricted license from DMV)."

What reason did DMV give you for not replacing your license? Why didn't you tell them you lost it or it was stolen?

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: August 07, 2009 04:39PM

Spunky?

Re: Unfair
Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 07, 2009 04:57PM

Ah, "Mistress S." = Mistress Spunky?

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Mistress S. ()
Date: August 07, 2009 04:58PM

No. It's "Mistress Sad." I've been through a nightmare with the police this past year.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: charlie schmidt's "cool cat" ()
Date: August 07, 2009 07:06PM

Mistress S. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No. It's "Mistress Sad." I've been through a
> nightmare with the police this past year.


mebbe its becawz yous a lia

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Mistress S. ()
Date: August 07, 2009 08:46PM

Famous last words. I'm just one person, right?

Re: Unfair
Posted by: 496 ()
Date: August 07, 2009 09:06PM

Dumbass. Take the bus.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: August 07, 2009 09:15PM

good luck moving out of state with no license. what makes you think out of state DMV's would treat you any better? i agree with the others on this, it just seems a little fishy a security guard would take your ID. why even give it to him? hes not a cop. and then the DMV wont replace it?? something is weird here.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: August 07, 2009 09:16PM

Mistress, why not have your johns take you where you want to go.

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: August 07, 2009 10:47PM

It sounds to me like this "security guard" is actually a court clerk, and the rental company was actually an out of state traffic court that suspended your license. Why else would you need to request a restricted license from the DMV?

If anyone other than a police officer or court officer ever attempted to seize my driver's license, I would call the cops and have them either arrest the person or force him to return it to me. Possessing government issued IDs that are not in your name is just like possessing one that has been altered.

Mistress S., you obviously want some advice on some aspect of this story, but since you are afraid to disclose the real story, nobody can guess what the circumstances really are.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: August 07, 2009 11:18PM

Thurston Moore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It sounds to me like this "security guard" is
> actually a court clerk, and the rental company was
> actually an out of state traffic court that
> suspended your license. Why else would you need
> to request a restricted license from the DMV?
>
> If anyone other than a police officer or court
> officer ever attempted to seize my driver's
> license, I would call the cops and have them
> either arrest the person or force him to return it
> to me. Possessing government issued IDs that are
> not in your name is just like possessing one that
> has been altered.
>
> Mistress S., you obviously want some advice on
> some aspect of this story, but since you are
> afraid to disclose the real story, nobody can
> guess what the circumstances really are.

dag yo!

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Mistress S. ()
Date: August 07, 2009 11:46PM

How would you force him to return it to you?

Re: Unfair
Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: August 07, 2009 11:47PM

physical force but since you are a woman call the police.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2009 11:48PM by bloody blisters.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Gyt ()
Date: August 07, 2009 11:58PM

hey bloody blisters, you're a pussy...

Re: Unfair
Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: August 08, 2009 12:07AM

you just now noticed this?? in that case you are retarded!

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 08, 2009 09:23PM

just claim to be an illegal alien. :)


"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Re: Unfair
Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: August 08, 2009 10:26PM

Good idea. I'm sure Vince could help you with that

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: August 09, 2009 12:27AM

Mistress S. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How would you force him to return it to you?

Read my comment again.

I would call the cops and have them either arrest the person or force him to return it to me.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: same ()
Date: August 09, 2009 12:49AM

Four would be too many to go up against. And I'm a nice girl. I just complied, then went over to their office to complain. They said they no longer had the ID and to get a new one at DMV. That was the end of that. I haven't seen a current license since.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: August 09, 2009 01:32AM

that makes zero sense. Why the fuck would you allow them to take your liscence and then tell you they no longer have your ID and to get a new one at the DMV? What the fuck? you arent telling everything, becuase no normal person would stand for that, i would have immediatly called the cops.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: same ()
Date: August 09, 2009 08:49PM

This guy was an abusive armed guard, accompanied by another armed guard, a third man, and a female employee who was ranting about the car. It's not something to go up against.

I'm not sure what it was all about, but...As I said, I went over to the PD after this incident and got nowhere with it.

It's kind of like the old saying, if you're held up, comply, then complain. People with weapons make me nervous.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: August 10, 2009 05:45AM

same Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This guy was an abusive armed guard, accompanied
> by another armed guard, a third man, and a female
> employee who was ranting about the car. It's not
> something to go up against.

unless you commited some kind of crime, then there is absolutely nothing you should have felt threatened by.

>
> I'm not sure what it was all about, but...As I
> said, I went over to the PD after this incident
> and got nowhere with it.

it seems like you would have to have atleast SOME idea what was going on, especially if they took your license.

>
> It's kind of like the old saying, if you're held
> up, comply, then complain. People with weapons
> make me nervous.

what you should have done (and maybe still should do) if you did not commit any type of crime, was to call other men with guns (the police) and have them take back your ID for you.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: FoolSmacker ()
Date: August 10, 2009 01:34PM

same Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This guy was an abusive armed guard, accompanied
> by another armed guard, a third man, and a female
> employee who was ranting about the car. It's not
> something to go up against.

Clearly there's an important part to this story that leads up to this point. Why was the woman "ranting about the car"? What did you do to the car to incur that? What was going on between you and her that 2 armed security guards had to intervene?

> I'm not sure what it was all about, but...As I
> said, I went over to the PD after this incident
> and got nowhere with it.

By chance, did the PD look into it and find some sort of justification in the guard's actions? Perhaps the rental agency no longer had your ID because the PD confiscated it for some reason. A reason, perhaps, that is preventing you from getting a replacement.

This is all conjecture, of course. But if you won't give an accurate rendering of the facts, we have to fill in the blanks as best as we can.

---------------------------------
Who knows from whence he came, and who knows where he goes, dot dot dot.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Subaru-Phil ()
Date: August 10, 2009 02:40PM

Too long didn't read

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Yous a lia ()
Date: August 10, 2009 03:42PM

Your story is full of holes and nobody is going to be able to offer you real help unless you give all the specifics. Just expect the "your a dumbass" line from all that you tell, especially here.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: charlie schmidt's "cool cat" ()
Date: August 10, 2009 03:49PM

Yous a lia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your story is full of holes and nobody is going to
> be able to offer you real help unless you give all
> the specifics. Just expect the "your a dumbass"
> line from all that you tell, especially here.


Hey Buddy!!

Dont be takn my lines!!
theres only 1 piano playing cat AIITE?

Re: Unfair
Posted by: same ()
Date: August 10, 2009 03:53PM

It's clear you don't take it seriously.

Re: Unfair
Date: August 10, 2009 03:53PM

Alrite..
im offical

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Yous a lia ()
Date: August 10, 2009 03:57PM

Whats clear is that you dont really want help, tell the real story or STFU and let this thread die.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: same ()
Date: August 10, 2009 04:00PM

Goodnight, Fairfax. And good riddance.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Yous a lia ()
Date: August 10, 2009 04:01PM

Thank you and good day!

Re: Unfair
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: August 10, 2009 04:13PM

That's stupid.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: August 10, 2009 04:20PM

same Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Goodnight, Fairfax. And good riddance.


So, then, you're off to catch a bus, I assume.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: you're a dumb dumb ()
Date: August 10, 2009 04:22PM

Clearly, MistressS, you had your license taken from you and not awarded back to you because you have some sort of record against you. Most likely the rental agency was informed that you were naughty and had an officer come in and confiscate your license. In order for this to not happen again, try becoming less stupid and become more aware of your place as a citizen. Driving is not a right, dipshit. Learn to fucking be a part of society.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: TaxiMan ()
Date: August 10, 2009 04:22PM

same Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Goodnight, Fairfax. And good riddance.


By the sounds of it, you could use a ride. I offer a great state-to-state rate.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: August 10, 2009 04:56PM

MAryland costs about $20.

Re: Unfair
Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: August 10, 2009 09:45PM

FoolSmacker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> same Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This guy was an abusive armed guard,
> accompanied
> > by another armed guard, a third man, and a
> female
> > employee who was ranting about the car. It's
> not
> > something to go up against.
>
> Clearly there's an important part to this story
> that leads up to this point. Why was the woman
> "ranting about the car"? What did you do to the
> car to incur that? What was going on between you
> and her that 2 armed security guards had to
> intervene?
>
> > I'm not sure what it was all about, but...As I
> > said, I went over to the PD after this incident
> > and got nowhere with it.
>
> By chance, did the PD look into it and find some
> sort of justification in the guard's actions?
> Perhaps the rental agency no longer had your ID
> because the PD confiscated it for some reason. A
> reason, perhaps, that is preventing you from
> getting a replacement.
>
> This is all conjecture, of course. But if you
> won't give an accurate rendering of the facts, we
> have to fill in the blanks as best as we can.


I figured it out. She's blonde. She was on vacation in Miami. She was so drunk and probably on some pharmies and was in a black out when she returned a half-totalled rental car. The police came, arrested her, took her to jail, and the next thing she remembers is being at the airport the next day with a hellatious hangover and her drivers license was missing.

This forum powered by Phorum.