HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Verizon Connectivity Issues
Posted by: Fairfax22032 ()
Date: July 08, 2009 12:57PM

Is anyone having connectivity issues with Verizon today? I have been unable to reach my corporate intranet or VPN since roughly 10am this morning and after talking to our IT support organization I learned that there are another 5 employees in Baltimore, Boston and Chicago with the same issue and the common thread is that we all have Verizon.

I was asked to run a tracert for our intranet IP and it stops at the 4th point which is a Verizon address and this is the same thing that is happening to everyone else. A tracert against sites like Google and MSN work fine. In addition, I can ping the URL and it returns the IP address which I was told is another indication that the issue lies with Verizon.

Re: Verizon Connectivity Issues
Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: July 08, 2009 01:03PM

There may be some network issues, others are reporting the same...

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22672903-Cant-reach-some-parts-of-the-Internet-NoVA

Posted by: The Real Sculler ()
Date: July 08, 2009 01:08PM

Our computers at my office were having a problem all morning getting on to certain sights as well as running pretty slow. However, it seems to have cleared up just recently.

Posted by: yup ()
Date: July 08, 2009 01:16PM

well this must be the reason why half my sites won't connect today..

Posted by: Fairfax22032 ()
Date: July 08, 2009 01:33PM

SomeGuy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There may be some network issues, others are
> reporting the same...
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r22672903-Cant-rea
> ch-some-parts-of-the-Internet-NoVA

Thanks for the reference - not something that I tend to look at, but my IT support department in Chicago appreciated the link. Fortunately, this seems to be resolved and I was pleasantly surprised that Verizon admitted to the problem and was not argumentative when I called. I noticed a performance hit over the past 24 hours before sites started to be unreachable and now it seems to be running faster than before.

Posted by: yup ()
Date: July 08, 2009 01:39PM

Looks like sites are all accessable again on my computer (yay!).

Kinda sad that i panic a bit when my internet starts acting up since i pretty much have no knowledge on how to fix it. That's why im superhappy when it resolves itself (or in this case, verizon fixes the problem).

This forum powered by Phorum.