HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 28
Re: High School Football 2016
Posted by: On The Rise ()
Date: July 21, 2016 01:43AM

Westfield Football is on the rise. I expect another phase similar if not better than 2002-2007 (Glennon Era). I think they will go undefeated atleast in the regular season these next 3 years (prediction based on Freshman and JV success).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bulldog Fan ()
Date: July 21, 2016 08:00AM

Westfield Football is on the rise. I expect another phase similar if not better than 2002-2007 (Glennon Era). I think they will go undefeated atleast in the regular season these next 3 years (prediction based on Freshman and JV success).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a pretty bold statement, they might be good, but remember one thing. The Glennon era included 3 eventual professional football players and one almost. Mike Glennon, Evan Royster, and Eddie Royal, Sean Glennon bounced around in training camps but just never had the talent to be a pro.

The team Westfield currently has, and I follow them closely, seems to be lacking any potential future NFL stars. They've got some really good players but other than one of the best kickers in the country there are no 4 or 5 star players on that team.

Heck, look at last year, there was only one D1 player on that team. There were two other players that could have played college ball but more realistically at the FCS level. What you saw was a typical Westfield team, well coached and full of kids that could step in when needed and perform.

I think the talent of the other schools in the conference has taken a step backward, Chantilly, Oakton, and Centreville just were not that good, Herndon typically is awful. That's part of the reason that Westfield's program appears to be so strong. But they barely beat Robinson and struggled to put mediocre teams such as Centreville & South Lakes away.

When you look at the schedule from last year only South County, Stone Bridge, Robinson, Lake Braddock, and Oscar Smith were formidable teams, everyone else was mediocre to awful at best. I really think that had Westfield played Ocean Lakes and not Oscar Smith in the championship they would have lost. The Smith team was not as talented as in years past, they were just fortunate that Ocean Lakes played horribly and committed a ton of mistakes in their game against them.

No doubt that Westfield is the team to beat coming into this season, but I don't think they are going to dominate by any stretch. That doesn't mean I won't be hoping they do, I'm just trying to be realistic.

Posted by: 757 ()
Date: July 21, 2016 06:46PM

"There have been reports of 757 schools like Smith, Ocean Lakes, Hampton, Phoebus, providing "scholarships" to players to come play at their schools. They just rotate each couple years. Why did the coaches of Smith and Ocean Lakes leave because they got found out and are getting ahead of any sanctions. Cheaters city down there. Everyone knows it, but no one in VHSL has any nut sacks to do anything about it."

Juvenile Rumours until proven otherwise.

Posted by: bulldog fan ()
Date: July 21, 2016 07:54PM

757 has a small penis until proven otherwise

Date: July 22, 2016 12:22AM

I'm pretty comfortable with what I have. On the other hand, you have just told everyone on this board that you are quite worried about the inadequacy of your own genitals.

How you lash out at someone identifies your own biggest weaknesses and worries! VERY FUNNY! Keep it going. I'm enjoying this!

Date: July 22, 2016 07:31AM

Date: July 21, 2016 07:54PM

757 has a small penis until proven otherwise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

757, I hope you realize this was some high school idiot posting as me. You can see by my post above his that I obviously have a few more brain cells and am here to talk football not throw juvenile insults.

Posted by: 757' ()
Date: July 22, 2016 08:57AM

I know I have a small penis - that is why I need to talk on a Northern VA site about my teams in 757. I know they are cheaters but not so many people up here know so I have a free pass to spread lies and act like nothing bad goes on down there.

Date: July 22, 2016 10:19AM

Hey 757 don't worry it is alright we at Westfield know about breaking rules too. We let the dixie cuppers play even though should have been suspended for whole year. We and your 757 teams know it is all about winning at all costs, that is what makes us great and makes all the other teams perennial losers. Ha Ha.

Posted by: Refreshing opinion ()
Date: July 22, 2016 10:46AM

Sort of new to VA and its football but wow this is good stuff. Like it when football teams just "own their approach." Cannot quibble with success of Westfield and 757 teams - if you have to cut corners to get there so be it. If you don't the other guy will. Would rather flout the law and win then be Herndon each year.

Go boys!

Posted by: Visionary ()
Date: July 22, 2016 11:16AM

The cheaters are so proud on this forum. What a world we live in.

Posted by: no doubt debbie ()
Date: July 22, 2016 11:30AM

yep, teams like Oscar Smith, and Ocean Lakes, and Westfield should be ashamed - teaching all the wrong things.

Date: July 22, 2016 12:07PM

With the exception of the middle school trolls on this site, This board is a decent place to exchange info.

I have a pretty clear picture of what happened at O. Lakes and true respect for 757 football. Watch the "VICK" documentary & you'll get a pretty good idea of how a lot of kids fight through adversity to pull themselves up & into our American dream. With the exception of the Beach District, these kids have to fight for everything they get!

I respect the quality of football the Northern Region produces and I understand that for 90% of us, HS Football is just great entertainment. The Westfield vs Smith and the Centreville vs O. Lakes games were the greatest valued entertainment for $10 you can find around! I was sad for the Smith kids when they lost but as adult I was happy to have seen them over achieve and play at a very high level! Smith has to be the favorite to battle vs your Northern Region Champion in December & I look forward to the showdown!

Bottom line, I enjoy most of the exchanges with y'all, and I'm not going away

Posted by: Dick Trickle ()
Date: July 22, 2016 12:07PM

Westfield should be applauded for holding their players accountable and suspending them for the mandatory 30 days as per the Player participation agreement all Fairfax County athletes sign. The wounded Douche above, as the same low-fruit Concorde Dad is posting repeatedly, needs to worry about his own programs lack of success and what he may do to improve his woes. and who cares what the 757 is accused of doing... the Concorde District has represented itself very well over the last 15-20 years in the State Championship Category!

Posted by: Bulldog Booster ()
Date: July 22, 2016 12:11PM

Posted by: no doubt debbie ()

Date: July 22, 2016 11:30AM

yep, teams like Oscar Smith, and Ocean Lakes, and Westfield should be ashamed - teaching all the wrong things.

-------------------------------------------------------

Please enlighten us on how Westfield cheated? They had 6 players who pictures of them at a party were forwarded to the head football coach. Mind you, not the admin but the head coach. He then contacts admin to inform them of what happened.

The team and school then take action and suspend all 6 players. Two of them for 15 days the other 4 for 30 days in accordance with VHSL league rules as it pertains to the situation.

The 6 players serve their suspension, one is eventually removed from the team based off of previous issues, the other 5 come back and the team wins it all. That's actually how it's supposed to be done. So please get your "facts" straight before you post.

Posted by: Spartan Denizen ()
Date: July 22, 2016 12:19PM

I had heard rumors of Westfield pulling some tricks like the 757 teams always do. Sorry to hear their win was tainted. Guess I now hope West Springfield does the same this year, why hold back with all of the shady stuff that seems to be going on amongst the so-called top teams.

Posted by: high school fanboy ()
Date: July 22, 2016 12:36PM

Sorry to hear Westfield is now like the Beach Teams. Suspected that all along. I guess the world we live in is just not interested in playing it straight and winning for the right reasons.

Posted by: Neutered Spartans ()
Date: July 22, 2016 12:48PM

Struggling against Chantilly at Combo Camp does not Bode well for West Springfield Sorry, feel free to cheat all you want, your 5-5 at best. its a shame Muskett hasn't jumped ship and gone to a winning program where he could at-least get a ring by backing up their starter or maybe playing receiver.

Posted by: lot of hate in this forum ()
Date: July 22, 2016 12:58PM

Why all the hate here - sounds like a bunch of Trump supporters. Get a life and smell the roses instead of the turd piles once in a while.

Posted by: hate? ()
Date: July 22, 2016 01:02PM

Just think, if we got rid of high school football it would save the county all kinds of money, it would do away with the meals tax debates and probably stave off an epidemic of football rape.

All of you people with this high school fixation are just plain sick.

Posted by: dolla dolla bill yo ()
Date: July 22, 2016 01:47PM

Sorry, rape fixation, Football is the only sport that generates a positive cash flow...Your beloved county spenders will add millions of dollars of more debt by adding 1000's of new bathrooms for billy/Sheila/stand/sit when they must pee because well we all want to feel good! grow a set band boy!

Posted by: Trump for Fuhrer ()
Date: July 22, 2016 01:52PM

When Trump becomes American Fuhrer all of the liberated stuff will be taking care of and no one will care if Smith, Lakes, Westfield cheat or not.

JUST WIN BABY

Posted by: oh please, please ()
Date: July 22, 2016 01:53PM

dolla dolla bill yo Wrote:
> Sorry, rape fixation, Football is the only sport
> that generates a positive cash flow...Your beloved
> county spenders will add millions of dollars of
> more debt by adding 1000's of new bathrooms for
> billy/Sheila/stand/sit when they must pee because
> well we all want to feel good! grow a set band
> boy!

Demonstrate that football is cash flow positive-meaning that not ONE CENT of tax money is used for it. Otherwise, go spend the afternoon with Jerry Sandusky.

Posted by: HEIL TRUMP ()
Date: July 22, 2016 01:55PM

Trump loves football, loves cheating, loves winners. All the rest go home, especially you LIBTARDS

Posted by: Haha tilly ()
Date: July 22, 2016 02:06PM

Neutered Spartans Wrote:
> Struggling against Chantilly at Combo Camp does
> not Bode well for West Springfield Sorry, feel
> free to cheat all you want, your 5-5 at best. its
> a shame Muskett hasn't jumped ship and gone to a
> winning program where he could at-least get a ring
> by backing up their starter or maybe playing
> receiver.

Are you upset that WS qb won all regional over your qb who was a senior??? He by far is the best QB in the region. It would seem like a Concorde thing to transfer to win more games - Not teaching our kids to fight through adversity.

On the contrary they had no trouble with tilly at any aspect of the game and actually looked very solid against WF in inside run. They have been very thin upfront the last two years and still won 17 games so not sure what you are referring to when you mentioned 5-5. They look much improved on the line and have two of the best skill players in the region among others.

SC makes too many mistakes, LB has the talent to win this year but have to get it done and Robinson is just too one dimensional. WF is the favorite but a lot can happen from now until December

Posted by: Haha tilly ()
Date: July 22, 2016 02:08PM

15 games*

Posted by: Oakton supporter ()
Date: July 22, 2016 02:37PM

I am an Oakton guy true and tried so no love lost for them but it seems a lot of people are sleeping on Centreville. I saw quite a bit of talent last year on their team when we played them, with much coming back. Not sure if they are NR champs material but think they will likely stun some of the aforementioned WF, LB, SOCO, WSp, etc. along the way.

Date: July 22, 2016 02:41PM

Are you kidding me, Centreville sucks - their glory days are long gone

Date: July 22, 2016 02:45PM

There is rampant misuse of names on this site - pissing me off. I am a Westfield fan of course but all due respect to Centreville for their strong history of success. Don't expect this years game with them to be a cakewalk either - always have incredibly competitive games with them.

Date: July 22, 2016 02:49PM

Nope, Cville sucks!

Date: July 22, 2016 02:49PM

screw you, you little troll

Date: July 22, 2016 02:52PM

Westfield sucks too

Posted by: Heil Trump ()
Date: July 22, 2016 02:56PM

In Trump's world, people that use fake names will be executed in the streets

Posted by: Heil Football ()
Date: July 22, 2016 03:00PM

757 and Westfield show that winning is everything, does not matter how many rules to break. Just win baby

Posted by: oh please, please ()
Date: July 22, 2016 03:05PM

Really, this is all idolatry

Posted by: Revenge is sweet ()
Date: July 22, 2016 03:10PM

Wherever you are, Dillon Spalding, just know that me and my teammates are gonna crush you like the oversized fly that you are.

- A Happy Camper :)

Date: July 22, 2016 04:06PM

The whole generalization of 757 & Cheating is tiresome & ignorant. There WAS O. Lakes which was caught recruiting players. Nearly 70% of players transferred into that program. 2015 State Title should have been forfeited. (my opinion)

Smith on the other hand has had transfers, no question. But recruiting was never a part of their program. I seriously doubt their transfer rates are as high as your leading NOVA football schools are experiencing.... Nearly as many players LEFT Smith over the years as came into their program because few can withstand the rigours of the Tiger's practices. Last year they had 3 Div 1, All Tidwater players which were 2 & 3 star recruits transfer out of the program. AND, There are middle school, club team coaches that push their studs to I. River, O. Lakes and now to Bishop Sullivan & Chris Scott who continues to recruit these kids away from Smith and O. Lakes because Smith won't participate Quid Pro Quo games with those coaches! BUT most times the players that leave aren't part of the TEAMme concept. They point fingers at each other, argue during games & cause chaos within the team.

Again, y'all don't understand the demographics of our area. What happens in VA Beach vs South Norfolk area of Chesapeake is totally different. That's what I'm here for even though it's easier to fear us & accuse us of cheating. That's the easy way out, to look for excuses. Remember, Smith plays ANY Nationally Ranked, Recruiting team they took down O. Lakes @ #6 last year & have the opportunity to ruin DeMatha's year come Aug. 26. Win or lose at least Smith WANTS to play these types of games EVERY year. Those game are electric and your missing out on a great way to start the season!

Posted by: TSD2lk ()
Date: July 22, 2016 07:42PM

What all this talk about Westfield cheating? They almost never have any transfers and they suspend kids for petty violations religiously - even their best players. Stupid trolls.

Posted by: I will say ()
Date: July 22, 2016 11:36PM

Although WF has tons of shady players and lets many of them escape with pretty easy punishments all this talk of them recruiting players or recruiting and such is total BS. As far as I'm concerned only a few schools in FFx country do that, Madison Baseball being the most widely known one.

Posted by: Westfield cheatz ()
Date: July 23, 2016 10:14AM

Interesting to see the revelations about Westfield cheating finally coming out on this site. About time people realize what is going on over there. Been a long term problem. Clean it up!

Posted by: NR Football Fan ()
Date: July 23, 2016 10:58AM

You guys are nuts. Westfield might be the classiest program in the area. I don't like them either, but they do things the right way for the most part. Lake Braddock & South County on the other hand seem to always have a transfer or two showing up each year.

Posted by: SOCO salute ()
Date: July 23, 2016 12:16PM

I agree, Westfield pulls some crazy shit, should be an investigation.

Date: July 23, 2016 01:10PM

I think Westfield is great, just great - stop all the lies, you bad people. I don't care what you say, Westfield is great, just great. I don't believe all the accusations, don't believe them. Stop you haters.

Posted by: j9YKD ()
Date: July 23, 2016 01:28PM

Bulldog Fan Wrote:
> I think Westfield is great, just great - stop all
> the lies, you bad people. I don't care what you
> say, Westfield is great, just great. I don't
> believe all the accusations, don't believe them.
> Stop you haters.

There are no accusations, there are no rumors. Period. At all. Just 1 disgruntled Centreville troll repeating generic statements that don't even refer to anything specific.

Date: July 23, 2016 03:42PM

Sorry to pop your pimple but not everyone is from Centreville. Interesting how you are so fascinated with Centreville when there are plenty of other teams that know what is going on at Westfield too.

Posted by: Concorde Fanbase ()
Date: July 23, 2016 03:43PM

I am assuredly not a Centreville fan either but I have my doubts about all the stories I hear about Westfield too.

Posted by: WF Fan ()
Date: July 23, 2016 03:59PM

Concorde Fanbase Wrote:
> I am assuredly not a Centreville fan either but I
> have my doubts about all the stories I hear about
> Westfield too.

Well can you name a major contributor on the team that was possibly recruited?

Date: July 23, 2016 04:07PM

Don't need to - with violations and beer parties and all the stuff going on over there wins are all tainted. Veneer of a good program is lost when you dig just a little deeper over at Westfield. Westfield fans have drunk the koolaid so they of course try to explain all the transgressions away. I heard there was some stuff at Centreville and Robinson and Braddock in years past too but I Know it is all much worse at Westfield.

Time to call a spade a spade.

Date: July 23, 2016 04:09PM

You got nothing on us, I can attest it is a great program, great program. Stop making up lies against our boys.

Date: July 23, 2016 04:13PM

By the way there was a lot more to the beer party incident last year than has met the press. Major contributors to the championship team, some of which coming back this year, were let off very easy compared to what should have happened based on their actions. Sorry to see the idolatry for the sake of championships that Westfield has stooped to. Actually good to see that Robinson, Centreville, Lake Braddock others running pretty clean programs. Hope one of them socks it to the suspect Westfield program this year. Time for some comeuppance.

Date: July 23, 2016 04:15PM

screw you buttwipe - it is a great program, great program. We are clean I tell you, clean. Westfield forever, we are the best, I refuse to believe otherwise, we are the best, we are a clean program....

Date: July 23, 2016 04:22PM

Wow Bulldog Fan, talk about a Kool Aid drinker, you take the cake. Maybe you were there with the boys handing out the dixie cups at the parties?

Posted by: Bulldog Booster ()
Date: July 23, 2016 04:25PM

Stop the lies Concorde Fanbutt - we are a great team, and school, and program. Glory glory hallelujah, glory glory hallelujah - Westfield is awesome, we do it right, we are above petty lies. The truth goes marching on....

Date: July 23, 2016 04:26PM

Wow another dixie cup provider - maybe you were stroking the beer tap and a few 17 year boys underpants at the party along with your other Westfield BOOSTERS.....

Posted by: SOCO Salute ()
Date: July 23, 2016 04:27PM

Wow this site all of a sudden got interesting again, must be football season!

Date: July 23, 2016 04:28PM

Although gotta say - seems as if the Westfield fans are holding on to that trophy a bit too tight. Take a chill pill folks, you are not THAT good.

Date: July 23, 2016 04:33PM

SOCO Salute Wrote:
> Although gotta say - seems as if the Westfield
> fans are holding on to that trophy a bit too
> tight. Take a chill pill folks, you are not THAT
> good.

40-0.

Date: July 23, 2016 04:35PM

Sorry forgot to say that 0 means my penis size

Date: July 23, 2016 04:35PM

And by the way I am the real dixie cup provider, what are you going to do about it, ha?

Posted by: dixie cup delight ()
Date: July 23, 2016 04:46PM

Hey fellow Westfield Football Playazs - since season is getting close we only have a few more weeks to continue our fun and games. Dixie Cup training sessions to be held July 29/30 at the homes of (you know - our special Football Booster parents) so make your plans now. If we get caught now, no big deal, it will all be taken care of before the real challenging games start in October and beyond anyway. Join the proud tradition of those that came before you, flout the rules, have fun, and still feel good about yourself when you win (heck the parents don't mind, they care more about football wins than the players anyway). I love my life as a Bulldog.

Signed, all of us who got away with this in years past (let us be your mentors this year)

Date: July 23, 2016 04:54PM

Funny post dixie cup delight - gets to the heart of the lunacy over there at Westfield

Date: July 23, 2016 05:09PM

you guys suck

Posted by: westfieldfootballhistorian ()
Date: July 23, 2016 05:50PM

WF Fan Wrote:
> Concorde Fanbase Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I am assuredly not a Centreville fan either but
> I
> > have my doubts about all the stories I hear
> about
> > Westfield too.
>
>
> Well can you name a major contributor on the team
> that was possibly recruited?

They have had 2 public school transfers and 1 private school transfer at Westfield in the 5 seasons since Simmons took over as head coach. Scanlon was the only one of any significance and he really transferred to play basketball (and it was his local public school anyway). The last real impact transfer was under Verbanic - Jordan Anderson in 2008.

Posted by: dixie cup delight ()
Date: July 23, 2016 05:56PM

Not talking about transfers all you Westfield mommies - talking about the long line of cover ups with alcohol, drugs, and other miscreant behavior there. Inmates started running the asylum long ago at Westfield and the parents just go along for the ride like ostriches with heads in the sand.

Posted by: Reality deluxe ()
Date: July 23, 2016 06:34PM

Chantilly dad here, good to see someone finally has the nuts to call out Westfield and its party culture.

Posted by: wtf8767 ()
Date: July 23, 2016 06:53PM

why the hell does TJ only play 9 games? 4 of which against random schools..

Posted by: Former Fcps Student ()
Date: July 23, 2016 11:01PM

Straight up, all of you who comment on this page that are flabbergasted by high school kids drinking alcohol clearly had an extremely dull social life growing up. EVERY school in Fairfax county throws parties that involve drinking and if you deny that than clearly you don't pay enough attention to your child's social habits. Every school has had their drinking violations the difference is Westfield came back and won. Usually after the mandatory 30 day suspension on the first offense, the team falls apart. By the way , if you read the Fcps handbook the first offense for alcohol is 30 days. No more, no less. Westfield players received 30 days. It's highschool, you give kids the opportunity to learn and have a second chance, not just hand out the death sentence. Every school drinks, it's high school: difference is Westfield was dumb enough to treat a party like a freakin photo shoot. Hope this cleared up some things for you convoluted and confused Haters that act like Westfield is the only school that "Dixie cups". Every school is guilty.

Date: July 24, 2016 01:53PM

For those of you that want to leave the trolls behind on this board, y'all might consider... https://virginiapreps.forums.rivals.com/

The 4A Fall message board is pretty active for the central / Southwest point of view with long term members. I post some stuff for 6A for the Southside area. BUT truthfully, it's been kinda dead compared to other areas of the country & considering we are within a month of live action now!

NOVA football, come represent yourselves!

It's a membership forum so the anonymous crap that gets posted here won't be tolerated! If your not respectful, you're banned off the sight. Don't get me wrong, this message board is entertaining & funny, but only to remind myself what I was like when I was 13, 14 & 15 years old!

Posted by: quoteoftheday ()
Date: July 24, 2016 04:22PM

NR Football Fan Wrote:
> You guys are nuts. Westfield might be the
> classiest program in the area. I don't like them
> either, but they do things the right way for the
> most part. Lake Braddock & South County on the
> other hand seem to always have a transfer or two
> showing up each year.

Is the Hayfield QB that transferred to Braddock expected to start?

Posted by: LongtimeNRFan ()
Date: July 25, 2016 08:27AM

I am not an advocate of any particular team, just a long time area football fan. I have to say I have heard through cronies (just like some of the other posters) that there is continual monkey business going on at Westfield with covering up stuff like last year's beer party. Much more under the covers that does not come to light. Sorry to hear as they seem to play some good football most of the time but it is built on a shaky ethical foundation over there.

Posted by: FCPS UNDERCOVER ()
Date: July 25, 2016 08:56AM

Welcome to high school Morons, what would High School be with out Monkey Business. go polish your trophies and mind your own house....

Posted by: WFapilogis ()
Date: July 25, 2016 11:27AM

Seems like a bunch of Westfield apologists on this site....must have been kool aid and beer served in the Dixie cups!

Date: July 25, 2016 12:14PM

Stop you bad people, Westfield is great I tell you - just great!

Posted by: DIckhead WSHS fan ()
Date: July 25, 2016 08:26PM

Haha tilly Wrote:
> Neutered Spartans Wrote:
> -----
> > Struggling against Chantilly at Combo Camp does
> > not Bode well for West Springfield Sorry, feel
> > free to cheat all you want, your 5-5 at best.
> its
> > a shame Muskett hasn't jumped ship and gone to
> a
> > winning program where he could at-least get a
> ring
> > by backing up their starter or maybe playing
> > receiver.
>
>
> Are you upset that WS qb won all regional over
> your qb who was a senior??? He by far is the best
> QB in the region. It would seem like a Concorde
> thing to transfer to win more games - Not teaching
> our kids to fight through adversity.
>
> On the contrary they had no trouble with tilly at
> any aspect of the game and actually looked very
> solid against WF in inside run. They have been
> very thin upfront the last two years and still won
> 17 games so not sure what you are referring to
> when you mentioned 5-5. They look much improved on
> the line and have two of the best skill players in
> the region among others.
>
> SC makes too many mistakes, LB has the talent to
> win this year but have to get it done and Robinson
> is just too one dimensional. WF is the favorite
> but a lot can happen from now until December

Tammaro didn't transfer, he waited his turn. WSHS is absolute trash and wouldn't last shit in the concorde. Chantilly would have shit on them this past year and destroyed them in camp this past month. sit back, relax and roll tilly.

Posted by: AggieFan ()
Date: July 26, 2016 09:04AM

Question to all: Where did Kyle Edwards end up signing? DeAndre Clayton seems to have landed at Clarion State, but Edwards is MIA. Great games between those two the last two years....exactly what high school rivalries are all about.

Posted by: Rolling road ()
Date: July 26, 2016 02:04PM

DIckhead WSHS fan Wrote:
> Haha tilly Wrote:
> -----
> > Neutered Spartans Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Struggling against Chantilly at Combo Camp
> does
> > > not Bode well for West Springfield Sorry,
> feel
> > > free to cheat all you want, your 5-5 at best.
>
> > its
> > > a shame Muskett hasn't jumped ship and gone
> to
> > a
> > > winning program where he could at-least get a
> > ring
> > > by backing up their starter or maybe playing
> > > receiver.
> >
> >
> > Are you upset that WS qb won all regional over
> > your qb who was a senior??? He by far is the
> best
> > QB in the region. It would seem like a Concorde
> > thing to transfer to win more games - Not
> teaching
> > our kids to fight through adversity.
> >
> > On the contrary they had no trouble with tilly
> at
> > any aspect of the game and actually looked very
> > solid against WF in inside run. They have been
> > very thin upfront the last two years and still
> won
> > 17 games so not sure what you are referring to
> > when you mentioned 5-5. They look much improved
> on
> > the line and have two of the best skill players
> in
> > the region among others.
> >
> > SC makes too many mistakes, LB has the talent
> to
> > win this year but have to get it done and
> Robinson
> > is just too one dimensional. WF is the favorite
> > but a lot can happen from now until December
>
> Tammaro didn't transfer, he waited his turn. WSHS
> is absolute trash and wouldn't last shit in the
> concorde. Chantilly would have shit on them this
> past year and destroyed them in camp this past
> month. sit back, relax and roll

I thought LB and WS beat robo who beat tilly twice last year? Hopefully tilly will make it over .500 this year

Posted by: LB Fan ()
Date: July 27, 2016 10:05AM

Bridgewater

Date: July 27, 2016 10:37AM

Thanks. Bridgewater is a bit of a surprise. He may eat the ODAC alive.

Date: July 28, 2016 10:34PM

I'm baaaack. VAPrep just posted their preseason Top 10 for 6A Football today... Overall makes more sense than VHSL Reference's Poll. Of course, I like that Smith is on Top. They lost only a handful of Seniors & only a couple of them were seniors! But as I've said before, let's see how things play out.

Childish responses are expected on this message board but let's see if anyone wants to debate the rankings ON VAPreps?

Date: July 28, 2016 11:24PM

Posted by: Tntbe ()
Date: July 28, 2016 11:25PM

Well, I can't argue with ranking OS #1. But with only OS and Woodside in the Top 10 that leaves the 757 rather short. I guess they are not expecting much from Ocean Lakes this year but will they really drop off that much in one season?

I like their rankings overall ... but I sort of doubt Centreville will be a Top 10 team this season so I think they are too high. I was pretty sold on them being a top 5 team last year and they proved me very wrong.

Westfield lost a number of key ingredients to last year's SC team but they do have a lot of talent returning e.g. Delaney (Sr)-K/P, Frimpong (Sr)-WR, Eckert (Sr)-WR, Johnson (Sr)-QB, Jewell (Sr)-DE, Petrillo (Sr)-LB, Cockrill (Jr)-TE/DL. I think the only question in my mind is how strong they will be in the trenches. They pretty much have to replace their entire offensive and defensive lines.

Will this be a year that LB or SOCO represent the North in the state title game? Hasn't happened since LB in 2009.

Date: July 29, 2016 12:37AM

With Ocean Lakes decimated by transfers to Bishop Sullivan, Smith's main Rivalry will likely shift to Western Branch & Grassfield. Both Teams had the opportunity to pull off upsets against Smith last year. But Matthew Hatfield conducts coaches' surveys which likely revealed that too many key players graduated for those teams to take another run at the Tigers. If a 6A South challenge will come, I think it will be from Western Branch but they are transitioning out of the Wing T that gave Smith fits last year.

There is the possibility that a Beach District Team could be the suprise team for 6A South. Cox, Bayside, Kellam & Landstown all have about an equal chance to be that team, but I think Salem will run the District as a 5A. Colonial Forge is well Coached & always has good talent & beat O. Lakes in 2013. But, they won't play Smith until late in the playoffs.

So yeah, 757 overall doesn't appear to be the match against NOVA Teams. Because of that, I'd like to see some of the 804 Power Teams vs 757 Power Teams play during the regular season. 6A North Teams are more battle tested by the end of the year. I don't think it's even debatable.

If Smith plays DeMatha well on Aug 26th, 6A will be put on notice.

Date: July 29, 2016 08:05AM

SOCO made the state finals in 2012.....unfortunately lost to Phoebus.

Date: July 29, 2016 01:06PM

I secretly am the one posting all the childish responses - just trying to mess with the Northern Teams. Plus I have a small dick.

Date: July 29, 2016 01:23PM

StallionNation welcomes all (non-vulgar) comments and insights.

Posted by: frequentwatcheroffootball ()
Date: July 29, 2016 02:07PM

Oscar SMith. I have only seen Shon Mitchell play twice. Vs. Centreville and then Westfield. He obviously has a great arm and athletic ability. But it seemed to me that whenever a play broke down or didn't develop the way excpected his decision making was very suspect. How good is he really? Will he play in 3 championship games in his high school career? Has any VA QB every done that?

Date: July 29, 2016 03:26PM

Not sure but there's good chance Tahj Boyd @ Pheobus did. They won 3 or 4 State Titles in a row with Bill Dee (now at Smith) as their coach. Back in the 80's & 90's Hampton won several State Titles in a row so, it's likely their quarterbacks played in 3 or 4 championships!

As for Shon Mitchell, I'd have to agree that when he's in trouble that he doesn't look too confident with his run attempts or escaping. But, he really doesn't fumble the ball away & I believe he's been taught to get down & not get hurt so Smith can just get the yards back on the next play. I hope Smith puts some run option plays in their playbook for 2016 because he CAN run when he wants to.

Date: July 29, 2016 04:16PM

I must confess no one gives a shit about the beach/757 cheatazs but me but I have a compulsive need to keep on talking about them up here in Northern Region. And again I must admit - my dick is VERY small.

Date: July 29, 2016 04:30PM

I have man boobs too, sorry forgot to say that earlier

Date: July 29, 2016 06:17PM

Not sure but there's good chance Tahj Boyd @ Pheobus did. They won 3 or 4 State Titles in a row with Bill Dee (now at Smith) as their coach. Back in the 80's & 90's Hampton won several State Titles in a row so, it's likely their quarterbacks
played in 3 or 4 championships!

As for Shon Mitchell, I'd have to agree that when he's in trouble that he doesn't look too confident with his run attempts or escaping. But, he really doesn't fumble the ball away & I believe he's been taught to get down & not get hurt so Smith can just get the yards back on the next play. I hope Smith puts some run option plays in their playbook for 2016 because he CAN run when he wants to.

Posted by: Regis ()
Date: July 29, 2016 09:29PM

If I am not mistake Trace McSorley took Briar Woods to four state championships. Winning the first three; losing his last as a senior.

Date: July 30, 2016 07:45AM

So just as we thought, Shon Mitchell is good but not great.

Date: July 30, 2016 08:32AM

Shon won't let me give him blow jobs anymore so I will talk smack about him. Have to find some other cute 757 boy to cuddle up to, any number of boys down there that follow corrupt adults when it comes to football.

Date: July 30, 2016 10:44AM

So just as we thought, Shon Mitchell is good but not great.

Date: July 30, 2016 01:43PM

But he was great in bed, we had lots of fun together since I am such a 757'er and a 69'er

Date: July 30, 2016 05:10PM

VaPreps.com Class 6A Preseason Top Ten

Rank Team 2015 Record
1 Oscar Smith 13-1
2 Westfield 14-1
3 South County 13-1
4 C.D. Hylton 9-3
5 Lake Braddock 11-2
6 Centreville 4-7
7 Colonial Forge 9-2
8 Battlefield 9-3
9 Woodside 7-4
10 Robinson 9-4

Date: August 01, 2016 09:04AM

As you can see this year all the cheataz have congregated again in Oscar Smith. Famous practice in the 757 boyzzzzzz.

Posted by: frequentwatcheroffootball ()
Date: August 01, 2016 09:53AM

Gameday has a brief synopsis of some coaches comments from their media day - which btw was a total fail because I could not get the audio to work on any of my devices.

http://mvp.gamedaymagazine.com/members/media/the-gameday-broadcast-network-held/

Posted by: bulldogsbulldog ()
Date: August 01, 2016 01:08PM

Looks like Stone Bridge will be the class of the Northern Region this season. They will throttle Westfield in their home game and then roll to the state championship game for an 8th time. Loudoun County rulz!

Posted by: Cooking ()
Date: August 01, 2016 02:49PM

bulldogsbulldog Wrote:
> Looks like Stone Bridge will be the class of the
> Northern Region this season. They will throttle
> Westfield in their home game and then roll to the
> state championship game for an 8th time. Loudoun
> County rulz!

I'm pretty sure Westfield won 28-7 without those 6 kids. What makes you think the result will be different this time?

Posted by: bulldogsbulldog ()
Date: August 01, 2016 05:06PM

Stone Bridge has almost the entire defense back from state finalist team. Westfield coach says defense isn't going to start season strong. Stone Bridge meets Westfield early. Tusky coach already talking about NEXT year.

Pages: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 28

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.