HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324All
Current Page: 24 of 24
Re: High School Football 2015
Posted by: RydellllRoad ()
Date: December 19, 2015 10:52AM

My final 2015 NOVA Top 10

1. Westfield 14-1 (6A state champions – gelled late, last three games extremely impressive)
2. South County 13-1 (6A north runner-up – made a nice run in the playoffs – finally got past second round)
3. Robinson 9-4 (won 5 in a row before losing close one to South County – their 4 losses were by a total of 22 points )
4. Lake Braddock 11-2 (blew out a lot of teams but games vs good opponents were close, out-scored teams with a losing record 404-40, outscored by teams with a winning record 95-109)
5. Stone Bridge 10-5 (after 4-4 start won 6 in a row, tough schedule helped them in 5A playoffs)
6. Tuscarora 13-1 (easy schedule in hindsight, gave up over 40 points 4 times this season + a lot of their wins were late game magic)
7. Champe 11-1 (season ended against 4A state champs, nothing to be ashamed of)
8. Battlefield 9-3 (a solid team playing in a very soft conference right now – played LB closer than I thought they would)
9. West Potomac 8-4 (disappointing end to the season – but overall had a year I did not see coming)
10. Madison 9-2 (kinda chocked away the game against Chantilly, playoff inexperience may have been a factor)

Broad Run, South Lakes, Potomac Falls, Chantilly and West Springfield might have an argument for Top 10.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mikos ()
Date: December 19, 2015 09:31PM

I'll give South Lakes that 10th spot they beat Oakton and played Westfield tough in the playoffs.

Posted by: RydellllRoad ()
Date: December 21, 2015 05:14PM

Mikos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll give South Lakes that 10th spot they beat
> Oakton and played Westfield tough in the playoffs.

Can't really argue with you. My thinking on that was Madison handled South Lakes pretty handily in the regular season and Chantilly was a tougher draw than Oakton.

Posted by: Cookie Monstar ()
Date: December 21, 2015 05:22PM

True that Chantilly is a tougher draw than Oakton but South Lakes was arguably the best team that WF played in the playoffs this year in NOVA.

Posted by: Bulldog Booster ()
Date: December 21, 2015 06:54PM

True that Chantilly is a tougher draw than Oakton but South Lakes was arguably the best team that WF played in the playoffs this year in NOVA.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure about that, the WF players did not play well in the South Lakes game. But the bigger issue was that many of the WF's players didn't take the game seriously. It was assumed that since the last few years both teams met in the regular season, games were never close, that it would be the same. Also don't forget that the Johnson to QB and Scanlon back to WR switch had not taken place yet. If you don't think that would have made a difference offensively just ask Lake Braddock, South County, and Ocean Lakes. Had they gone with that all season and I think their offense would have been much more dynamic.

Posted by: Magic Lorrbi ()
Date: July 05, 2017 06:59PM

Any thoughts for next season?

Posted by: Memory thoughts ()
Date: December 08, 2018 06:42PM

Seems like yesterday

Pages: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324All
Current Page: 24 of 24

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.