HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Great Zucchini is awful
Posted by: Just the Facts ()
Date: May 05, 2014 08:47PM

The GZ has name dropped Ryan Reynolds, George Clooney and Beyonce. Someone has an inflated ego by these worshiping soccer moms.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chadb ()
Date: May 06, 2014 10:13AM

Just the Facts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The GZ has name dropped Ryan Reynolds, George
> Clooney and Beyonce. Someone has an inflated ego
> by these worshiping soccer moms.

Defintion of name dropping: the studied but seemingly casual mention of prominent persons as associates done to impress others

He didn't state or imply that he knew any of them, he merely used them as an example. Give your hate a rest.

Posted by: GZ Fan ()
Date: May 06, 2014 10:54AM

I agree he wasn't name dropping. He could have, there is a picture of with Hillary clinton on his web site. When he was at the Avaon theater, Michelle obama dropped off Sasha for the show. Believe me, there are names he can drop. I've been a fan for a long time.

Posted by: Whoa nelly! ()
Date: May 06, 2014 11:12AM

Kelly Duncan Breyer, wait just a minute. You have a two year old, and got married in October of 2011. Were you pregnant at your wedding??? How scandalous!

Posted by: Whoa nelly! ()
Date: May 06, 2014 11:14AM

Kelly Duncan Beyer, sorry. Gotta be accurate about our slandering knocked-up entitled brats.

Posted by: Rachel G. ()
Date: May 06, 2014 11:29AM

Kelly Duncan Beyer married into a car sales family! That's practically royalty on Route 1.

Posted by: My take on this ()
Date: May 06, 2014 11:32AM

I was kinda on GZ side until he posted again and bashed Fairfax Underground.

This is a fantastic site. The world is too overmoderated and political correct as it is. This site is a vent where truth comes out.

That truth is that people are tired of the pc "you can't say that, you need to apologize" society we have become.

Kelley and her dumbo eared husband LOL.

Posted by: Rachel G. ()
Date: May 06, 2014 11:33AM

OMG Kelly Duncan Beyer, did he not recognize you good enough, bow and scrape and kiss your enourmous ring? Didn't he know who your father-in-law used to be?

Posted by: Fight the power ()
Date: May 06, 2014 11:51AM

Now we need maximum dirt on KDB. An eye for an eye. She needs justice for trying to anonymously bash TGZ. We can't come full circle on this thread until she is fully exposed and eviscerated.

Posted by: MY take on this ()
Date: May 06, 2014 01:18PM

"This site is a vent where truth comes out."

HA. Those things are usually mutually exclusive. Any site that lets you post as multiple people - pretending to be a whole crowd of people who agree with yourself - needs just a smidge of moderation. At least make it HARDER to do that.

Posted by: I agree ()
Date: May 06, 2014 01:19PM

"HA. Those things are usually mutually exclusive. Any site that lets you post as multiple people - pretending to be a whole crowd of people who agree with yourself - needs just a smidge of moderation. At least make it HARDER to do that."

I agree. You should at least have to provide an email address.

Posted by: I ALSO agree ()
Date: May 06, 2014 01:20PM

""HA. Those things are usually mutually exclusive. Any site that lets you post as multiple people - pretending to be a whole crowd of people who agree with yourself - needs just a smidge of moderation. At least make it HARDER to do that."

I agree. You should at least have to provide an email address."

I ALSO agree. You shouldn't have to register necessarily, just provide a valid email to show you're a real person and not the same person who just posted.

Posted by: Becky ()
Date: May 06, 2014 01:20PM

"I ALSO agree. You shouldn't have to register necessarily, just provide a valid email to show you're a real person and not the same person who just posted."

I completely disagree. You can get as many email addresses as you want, so that wouldn't work.

Posted by: Rebecca ()
Date: May 06, 2014 01:21PM

"I completely disagree. You can get as many email addresses as you want, so that wouldn't work."

Well, it would at least make it harder to fake being a whole crowd of people who think TGZ is rude.

Posted by: Becky ()
Date: May 06, 2014 01:21PM

"Well, it would at least make it harder to fake being a whole crowd of people who think TGZ is rude."

Fair enough.

Posted by: Becky Beckingham ()
Date: May 06, 2014 01:25PM

LOL anonymous trolls claiming you should have to log in to post are hypocrites.

Posted by: Kelly Duncan Beyer ()
Date: May 06, 2014 01:29PM

Becky Beckingham Wrote:
> LOL anonymous trolls claiming you should have to
> log in to post are hypocrites.

I agree!

Posted by: Eric knaus ()
Date: May 06, 2014 01:43PM

Hey guys, it's funny, but at first I didn't check in for about a week, and now I can't stop following thread myself. It's hard to not partake in a thread about yourself. I get mixed reviews from parents about weather to partake. Some, say yes, post, and some say it's not worth it. It's hard, so here I go.

Listen, if you go to a site like Dcurbanmoms, which is anonymous, and type in the Great Zucchini, there are 426 records found. That's just on the general discussion page. On the off topic, about 120 records found. Probably 8 out of 10 comments are pretty positive. Here's where the moderation comes in, though- Geoff Steele, the moderator, who's actually a friend, will let stuff go, as it's anonymous, however, if he ever sees anything where someone says something he knows isn't true, it comes down immediately. He will let racial discussions on his site for instance, but he won't let someone, outright use racial slurs, and put down an entire group. That's called moderating. He does an amazing job.

He won't let someone call someone an alcoholic for instance. He is on top of his site. Look, some of my favorite comics aren't Pc. I'm a huge Howard Stern fan. It's not about being Pc, but this site isn't about being Pc or the truth on things. I'm always very honest, and I was with Kelly.

She said she was going to bash me at the party. I let her know that I have lots of defenders out there. I also gave her, through Facebook a chance to contact moderator here to remove thread(I did, but didn't hear back) I gave her a few days.

I told her that I would use her name, and she said she didn't use my my name, so she'd appreciate me not using hers. What? I'd rather her use my real name. She used the only name that really identifies me to the public. Once again, if she said I saw show, and didn't like it, fine. I go to movies, that I love, but my friends hate. That's fine, I'm not everyone's cup of tea, but she went off on me, and then disguised it as vice versa.

I believe in anonymous forums to a degree, but this, with the racial threads, and everything else is over the line. I will say this also- I do believe that if you call someone out, have conviction, weather it's using your real name, or whatever, stand by your thoughts, so yea, maybe I don't believe in anonymous threads, after all. Thanks for listening.

Posted by: Anonymous watcher ()
Date: May 06, 2014 01:44PM

eric knaus Wrote:
> Wow, I had lots of reading to catch up on here.
> Ok, wasn't going to post again, but decided too
> after all.

bad decision

> First of all, it's interesting, but I'd
> never heard of this site until recently, and I've
> been on all the parenting sites. I'm friends with
> most of the owners and moderators of all the major
> parenting sites. They actually monitor the site.

Wonderful so you get handled with kid gloves on other "moderated sites. Any complaint or criticism about you and you can complain to the mods who are kissing your ass and have it removed.

> I don't take this site very seriously

Obviously you take it serious enough to write responses here.

> I think it's a shame that it exists.

That's like..your opinion man.

> Freedom of speech is basically the right to
> protest the government peacefully without
> repercussions, etc.

What repercussions were you looking for? I'm assuming you mean anything not positive of you that is posted should be removed.

> The threads on this site that
> are racially motivated and down right mean, should
> be taken down, and actually moderated by someone.

This is neither here nor there.

> I mingle tons during my parties with the parents
> before and after shows, and nobody has every
> mentioned this site, ever, so it's hard to imagine
> that most of the people on here are actually
> parents.

Genius observation. If you don't like the site, simply close your browser. You are that guy who wants to ban everything he disagrees with.

> My guess is that it's a ton of teenagers
> or internet trolls of some sort.

So now you are insulting children?

> This site makes
> the world go backwards, not forward, and I think
> it's shameful.

Now I don't even know what you are talking about.

> I'm in 500 homes a year, and many I've
> been back to year after year, and I'm very proud
> of my relationships with the parents and kids.

I don't doubt that most parents and kids love you. It is obvious that you've gotten plenty of support here.

> I'm
> the only entertainer in the country doing this
> amount of shows all word of mouth.

Okay but what about your "being on all the parenting sites" that you mentioned above. That would be internet advertising no?

> I'm very proud
> of this, because parents wouldn't keep bringing me
> back if I wasn't easy to get along with. I love
> what I do, and have been on the most amazing
> stages. When I have hundreds of kids show up to
> public shows, it's an amazing feeling and I thank
> the parents all the time for allowing me to
> continue doing what I love.

So why even respond to this "troll" site that you think shouldn't exist and no one takes seriously anyway?

> Now, when Kelly Duncan Beyer, the Op on
> this thread face booked me on the evening of the
> party letting me know that I shouldn't respond as
> she anonymously wrote things about me,

So now you are participating in the childishness of this site by outing the original poster who within a few more days will have a disturbing amount of backlash against her online and maybe in person.

> Listen, like one mom said when she emailed me,
> "Zucchini, Beyonce and George Clooney get slammed
> on the internet too. When your in the public eye,
> that will happen'. True, but they fight back
> sometimes too.

Bad advice. You should have ignored this thread.

> I've had a couple of lawyers contact
> me when they got word of this, and I don't want to
> pursue anything right now, because I'm just to
> busy, but they say I have a case.

Of course they will say you have a case. They want your money.

> I can't imagine most of the homes I go to,
> the parents frequenting this site. This site is
> ridiculous

So again, WHY RESPOND TO THIS SITE and lend credibility to it when it is not deserving?

>I really think tons of
> teenagers are the internet trolls here.

Why, can't adults be trolls too? More kid bashing.

Date: May 06, 2014 01:47PM

Becky Beckingham Wrote:
> LOL anonymous trolls claiming you should have to
> log in to post are hypocrites.

It's not hypocritical at all. They are OK with anonymity. They just want to make it harder to post under dozens of different names to make it look like dozens of people agree with you when, in fact, very few do.

I also strongly disagree with whoever posted that these forums are where the truth comes out. Anonymous forums probably have as much false information on them than any other part of the internet.

Posted by: Making sense of this site ()
Date: May 06, 2014 02:02PM

The worst thing you can do on a site like this is continue to respond and defend yourself. To true trolls and greifers, this is their fuel. You may not understand it but they get their jollies out of being able to criticize you and hurt you in some way.

This is exhibited especially in the death threads on here. People start bashing or making fun of the dead person and friends/family respond only to have the trolling go into hyperdrive.

Date: May 06, 2014 02:09PM

Not really sure why I'm responding to the one above, but here we go, because I haven't left computer yet. The listservs that put me on, weather it's Our Kids, or whatever, I don't pay for any of it, meaning I haven't paid for advertising for years. That's word of mouth. Of course I'm thankful that all these listservs put me on their sites, because their sites consist of letting parents know what fun activities to do with their kids, so they let them know where my public shows will be.
Lots of them will be advertising that I will be at Celebrate Fairfax again. I don't pay them for that. I don't care about this site, and hadn't heard of it. I found it, when I knew Kelly was going to bash me, and I googled myself, and it wasn't hard to see which listserv she was doing it on.

As far as your post about it being teenagers, or adults. I agree, I don't know, but I'd be shocked if the homes I go into, people are using this as their guilty pleasure. Look, I chit chat with parents a ton, and nobody has ever mentioned it to me before. Do I think their are good people on this site? Absolutely, the sheer number of people on here, I'm sure there are, but I've been on lots of sites and I think this site wins the troll award. The oscar, no doubt. It's just my opinion. Funny enough, a couple of moms booked shows in August, after seeing this thread, so I know legitimate people are also here. Thanks. Gz

P.s. I'm not to concerned with any backlash Kelly gets on line, because her only intent was to hurt me, and I don't respect people like that. I'm just keeping it real. She wanted to hurt me, a person, that just asked her to not walk through my show. Not fair. Thanks again. Your friend, Eric aka Gz

Posted by: Rebecca ()
Date: May 06, 2014 02:11PM

"LOL anonymous trolls claiming you should have to log in to post are hypocrites."

Heh. Then you may have missed the point of my posts.

I mean, uh, post.

Date: May 06, 2014 02:15PM

PP, yea, I have to go anyway, and know I'm feeding trolls, mostly, but I wanted to just say a few things, and now I'm done. The only thing that initially pulled me in was false alcohol stuff, or I wouldn't of replied at all. Once I got in, then I found more I wanted to say. Anyway, see ya at the shows, and I'm pretty much done here. Take care. Your bud, Gz

Posted by: Impersonation Prohibited ()
Date: May 06, 2014 02:44PM

Plus I have to go masturbate to the thought of being the center of attention to toddlers.

Take care. Your BFF, Gz

edit by Cary (the admin): This post impersonated the subject of this discussion thread, which is forbidden. Poster, do not engage in impersonation, only warning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2017 01:32PM by Cary.

Posted by: Lamont.Cranston ()
Date: May 06, 2014 02:52PM

Eric, the market (not this website nor any of your fanboy parent blogs...) will decide your professional fate and future.

Either this website is indeed powerful enough to reduce your "career" to a flaming dumpster or your "all-world skills" will rise up and destroy those who are attempting to poison and destroy you.

By your admission (meaning it's not credible), you've done "hundreds of shows through the years", right? So either that will sustain you against a few "harmless trolls" or you'll never be hired again. Either way, zero fucks given about what you think you're entitled to. Fairfaxunderground.com is not exactly yelp.com now, is it?

Work up some more quality fecal material and stop defending an indefensible position...I suspect you'll need it.

Posted by: GZ Fan ()
Date: May 06, 2014 04:35PM

The troll pretended to be Eric should never be allowed near a key board again!!

Posted by: AR ()
Date: May 06, 2014 04:54PM

I have hired GZ for many shows over the years and have gotten to know him very well. I do events as well and teach my staff to be mindful of your surroundings in the same way that GZ is. Kids can be distracted easily, even for the best performer (which GZ probably is for kids ages 3-6). He's not just performing for your child today - word of a bad show travels far, so he needs to be firm about controlling the environment so that his shows are good. He's fantastic.

Eric cares very much - which is why he is spending far too much time on here defending himself. I only all of you negative posters care as much about making sure your kids have fun as he does.

Posted by: JustTony ()
Date: May 06, 2014 05:41PM

I feel bad for Kelly Duncan Beyer's poor husband, the trust fund notwithstanding. Imagine having to come home to that piece of (work) every night. I hope he got her to sign a pre-nup.

She sounds like the type of narcissistic, entitled, self-important twat that is all too common in this (DC) area. How dare a mere kids' entertainer tell Her where to walk, or how loudly to talk? She, the daughter-in-law of a Someone, can talk as loud as she wants, can walk wherever she wants, especially among Commoners. Don't these people know who she is? Don't they know that simply by virtue of who she bamboozled into marrying her, that she's entitled to have the run of any venue she graces with her presence? Didn't The Great Zuchini get that memo?!

Posted by: Enrico Palazzo ()
Date: May 06, 2014 07:39PM

The only undisputable fact in this thread is that Kelly is a cunt.

Posted by: Sheri Schiff ()
Date: May 06, 2014 09:31PM

TGZ does expect his "work area" to be set up in the way that allows him to do the best job he can for his clients. Don't we all? And he does expect few disruptions. I have actually talked to him after a Jammin' Java appearance about the adults sitting in the seating area talking during his performance and interrupting the performance for those of us trying to watch. And though he does ask parents of fussy children to step out he is also compassionate. At a Jammin' Java show a mother came in with her son, maybe 11 or 12 years old. They sat near the rear and it soon became obvious to me that the son had severe developmental problems and perhaps Tourette Syndrome. He grunted and squealed and tried to run up to the front. TGZ told me after the show the mother brings the boy occasionally but they can only stay a short time. He was very compassionate to the mother and her son.

Date: May 07, 2014 10:53AM

Lamont.Cranston Wrote:
> Eric, the market (not this website nor any of your
> fanboy parent blogs...) will decide your
> professional fate and future.
>
> Either this website is indeed powerful enough to
> reduce your "career" to a flaming dumpster or your
> "all-world skills" will rise up and destroy those
> who are attempting to poison and destroy you.
>
> By your admission (meaning it's not credible),
> you've done "hundreds of shows through the years",
> right? So either that will sustain you against a
> few "harmless trolls" or you'll never be hired
> again. Either way, zero fucks given about what you
> think you're entitled to. Fairfaxunderground.com
> is not exactly yelp.com now, is it?
>
> Work up some more quality fecal material and stop
> defending an indefensible position...I suspect
> you'll need it.

Not sure what you mean by Eric defending and indefensible position. He intially complained about someone labeling him an alcholic without any evidence. He then complained about someone who tried to trash his professional reputation. In his opinion, her story was false. If he has witnesses, then it would seem to be very defensible.

Posted by: is he retarded? ()
Date: May 07, 2014 11:08AM

Watching some of the his work on YouTube it appears that Eric Knaus suffers from Mongolism/Down syndrome. Is this why he has such a large following from the area moms? Do they feel sorry for him?

I can see how some could easily mistake his condition for being a hungover alcoholic.

Posted by: 7CVkY ()
Date: May 07, 2014 01:41PM

is he retarded? Wrote:
> Watching some of the his work on YouTube it
> appears that Eric Knaus suffers from
> Mongolism/Down syndrome. Is this why he has such a
> large following from the area moms? Do they feel
> sorry for him?
>
> I can see how some could easily mistake his
> condition for being a hungover alcoholic.

Oh, for crap's sake, what a silly comment. He's been running a successful business for 20+ years.

Read about him:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/18/AR2006011801434.html

Watch him:
http://www.wjla.com/blogs/lets-talk-live/2014/04/-the-great-zucchini-s-april-fools-day-pranks-21391.html

Posted by: And here ()
Date: May 07, 2014 02:24PM

http://killscreendaily.com/articles/news/pause-what-makes-a-good-writer-a-great-one/

"It’s not an immediately promising premise. The story is about a local children’s entertainer who is successful but disheveled. Forgettable fluff? Weingarten acknowledges as much in the story by including a conversation he had with a woman at one of the Great Zucchini’s shows. “You’re writing a story about him?” she says. “I mean, are you that desperate?”

She wants to know if there’s a hook. Weingarten assures her, and readers, that there is but that “it’s going to take some time” for the hook to be revealed. As the story unspools, we learn that the Great Zucchini, also known as Eric Knaus, is a troubled genius, a man with a nearly magical ability to connect with children, but also a man who is, by most adult standards, a complete mess. He earns six figures but has no idea where the money goes. His apartment is a wreck—the only food he has is a jumbo box of raisin bran. He’s afraid of commitment. His driver’s license has been suspended. All his appointments are in one book that, if lost, would likely ruin his career."

Posted by: AB ()
Date: May 07, 2014 11:02PM

Also from the article... "The Great Zucchini is instantly likeable, and effortlessly charming".

That article is from 8 years ago. I've joked with him about that appointment book at shows, he's had everything in a computer for years now.

Posted by: novalover ()
Date: May 08, 2014 05:20PM

He seems to love kids and tolerates parents. Now, if your child has a behavior problem/special needs, I'm not sure how he would be...he's not the most tolerant of any kind of disruptions, but that may be how he manages the chaos of kids. If you have a child between the ages of 3 and 6, he is a must-see, that's for sure.

Posted by: novalover ()
Date: May 08, 2014 05:20PM

He seems to love kids and tolerates parents. Now, if your child has a behavior problem/special needs, I'm not sure how he would be...he's not the most tolerant of any kind of disruptions, but that may be how he manages the chaos of kids. If you have a child between the ages of 3 and 6, he is a must-see, that's for sure.

Posted by: This thread is out of wack! ()
Date: June 06, 2014 05:10PM

Frankly, this thread has gotten sooooo off topic!

The complaint in question: Was the Great Zucchini 'in the wrong and rude' when he asked the mom to enter her child from the rear, avoiding walking infront of the show and the other children already engaged?

My opinion, NO he was not!

It's common courtesy to not disrupt a show!
It's simply.... COMMON SENSE!!

Am I implying this mother has no common sense - maybe? Who knows! But she should have had the decency of being polite and entering from the back.

Would anyone else just tromp to the front while a show that is already in progress?

The rest of this thread is redundant - it's gotten so off track.
People are:
1) Posting rude pictures
2) Making insinuations
3) Making sexual inuendos
4) and just making stuff up

The Great Zucchini was right to ask the mother to enter through the back - she never should have walked infront of the other kids in the first place. The show was already in progress and SHE was the rude one.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 06, 2014 06:21PM

This was in the Huffington Post about the Great Zucchini:
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5435280

Re: The Great Zucchini is awful (I Don't Think He Is)
Posted by: JenYT ()
Date: June 29, 2014 02:26PM

I was recently at one of Mr. Zucchini's shows and it was a my second time and I must say that the kids adore him. I laughed myself a few times, mostly at the kids amusement! He is great at what he does and regardless of whatever may go on in his personal life, as long as the kids have a great time, isn't that all that matters?

Posted by: kram siwel ()
Date: October 17, 2014 03:56PM

I do not live in the DC area. However, I have seen many videos of Eric performing and he seems quite wonderful. However, I would like to ask a question and this can be answered very easily by people in the DC area whether they like his work, his dress or his attitude or not. I just want to know the truth and I don't feel like getting a plane to Washington to find out.

He often says on forums for magicians that he is a "celebrity" in the Washington area. He seems well known, certainly but is he REALLY a "celebrity"?
I define a celebrity as someone who is know very widely by a majority of people. Note that I said the "Majority". Now we don't have to like a person to know if he is a celebrity or not. Either he is or he isn't.

So my question is twofold. If I were to approach 10 random people (adult) in a Washington street and ask them if they have ever heard of the Great Zucchini how many of them would say "yes". Would you say that it was at least 7 out of 10 or less than that? Now, if you were to ask 10 children in the street I imagine the percentage would be higher so what would you give this out of ten?

Just curious about this one thing. I do not particularly want to get into any of the arguments on this thread. I just want to know if he is indeed a "celebrity"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2014 03:57PM by kram siwel.

Posted by: Barbara ()
Date: March 18, 2015 03:19PM

Kram:

He is a self-proclaimed celebrity. That is all. As a mom who has hired him and other child entertainers for other parties, he is on par with his peers. He's not exceptional, but he's not bad.

I have seen him about five different times. Each come with a different Eric, depending on whether he's on his A-game or not. At one party (luckily not my own daughter's), he showed up really dirty and stinky (he kind of smelled like vomit). It was gross. The kids liked him but he left a lasting negative impression with the parents.

Personally, I DO think he has a substance abuse problem - whether it's alcohol or something else, I do not know. As a result, this sets him up for monetary problems, car problems (accidents), gambling problems, and working relationship problems.

I hope he can get help before he's a "celebrity" in the Washington Time's Obituary Page.

Posted by: Sniper. ()
Date: March 18, 2015 05:44PM

Any man who makes his living entertaining children...is a latent kid toucher.

Posted by: LUw3L ()
Date: March 18, 2015 05:45PM

That's a terrible thing to say

Posted by: Sniper. ()
Date: March 18, 2015 11:24PM

LUw3L Wrote:
> That's a terrible thing to say

The truth can be terrible indeed.

Posted by: Jessica ()
Date: March 19, 2015 12:33AM

I've seen the great Zucchini in 4 public shows and each time there were 400-500 people there. I saw many parents eager to take pictures with him, even without their kids, and then I saw a few kids asking for his autograph and he signed all of them. I've never seen another childrens entertainer who can bring in the crowds that he does. I was laughing as much as my 4 year old. At all of the shows I've seen him at he's always taken the time to chit chat with the audience after the shows. I just had a friend who tried to book him for June and she said he's was totally booked. As recently as a month ago he performed at my friends house and everyone was pleased with his performance and professionalism. He's always going to be a celebrity in our household.

Sincerely,
Jessica

Posted by: KidKomic ()
Date: April 01, 2015 09:07AM

I admit to having a WTF opinion of Eric and his Great Zucchini character right up to the moment that I met him and watched him perform. He isn't every adults cup-o-tea, but he definitely knows what makes children sit up, pay attention and LAUGH. I found him to be a very polite and up-front guy. He makes no bones about being who he is and leaves you to either accept him at face value or don't. He's cool with you either way.

Since that meeting and show, I have nothing but respect for Eric as a person and, as a fellow kidshow artist and international columnist, a deep respect for his ability to entertain children. He is without question one of the most respected and in-demand children's entertainers in the Washington D.C. area. There is a reason for that.

Laugh on, Eric! Well done!

Skip

Posted by: Nick ()
Date: April 28, 2015 12:19PM

I just discovered this post while looking up the Great Zucchini.

All I can say is that I'd rather spend all day and all night in a broken down elevator with a smoker, a drinker, a gambler, AND a gaggle of screaming toddlers than spend even ONE MINUTE with the kind of nay-saying, armchair-critic assholes who use a forum like this to slander a man who is actually doing something ambitious with his life.

Good grief.

Posted by: JwP6U ()
Date: April 29, 2015 06:59PM

Fairfax Underground is a well of losers.

What's best is that your name never be mentioned on this site.

Posted by: Gz biggest fan ()
Date: September 21, 2015 12:04AM

I ran across this formum when searching the great z I went to his show recently he is a wonderful guy the children adored him the kids were rolling in laughter and they watched him with full amazement he can keep their full attention for 45 min on this young age group is amazing he has a warm personality great with parents and kids i was impressed his talent is beyond amazing I could not believe some of these rude comments on him it is sad all I can say some people are jealous but this is def what he meant to do for living he has donated his time too a great guy

Posted by: Masturating with a Zucchini ()
Date: September 21, 2015 02:41AM

I love shoving huge veggies up my cavernous snatch. Thanks great zucchini!

Posted by: Stroker.Ace ()
Date: September 21, 2015 11:27PM

Masturating with a Zucchini Wrote:
> I love shoving huge veggies up my cavernous
> snatch. Thanks great zucchini!

Pics?

Posted by: Gz biggest fan ()
Date: September 22, 2015 11:19AM

Wow this thread is way off subject this is kind of silly but any one he a great Children's Entainer gave great day

The Great Zucchini is Awesome
Posted by: Former Student ()
Date: September 22, 2015 12:16PM

The kids have been going to his show at Jammin' Java. He's really good.

Posted by: Gail M ()
Date: September 22, 2015 01:24PM

He is very good and a natural with kids I enjoyed the show a whole lot

Posted by: Unless ()
Date: September 22, 2015 01:43PM

Unless he can blow smoke rings out of his asshole while playing Yankee Doodle on the kazoo I'm not having any part of his show and neither will my children.

Posted by: Gill Bates ()
Date: September 22, 2015 04:19PM

Unless Wrote:
> Unless he can blow smoke rings out of his asshole
> while playing Yankee Doodle on the kazoo I'm not
> having any part of his show and neither will my
> children.

So are you implying that you only take your children to shows involving kazoos and assholes expelling smoke?

Posted by: curious D ()
Date: September 23, 2015 06:02PM

The real question no one has asked...

...how many of these soccer moms has he been banging on the side...I mean if some of them follow him around like Greatful Dead groupies, you know he may have (perhaps, almost, possibly) broken up a few marriages....

he admits he can't do commitment, after all, he's the GZ.

Re: The Great Zucchini is NOT awful
Posted by: ZZTMM ()
Date: November 19, 2015 09:56AM

Hello folks. I'm also a children's entertainer and know TGZ personally. I just wanted to say that I have been in this situation where a customer disrupted the show. I could have just continued and let the children lose the quality entertainment I have promised and let the parent who booked me down with a less than successful show. Also it could damage my reputation as an entertainer which is very important if I want to continue to bring joy to my audiences. You walk a fine line when you need to talk to difficult people to maintain the quality of your show. But that just shows how much he cares about entertaining children and helping parents.

Re: The Great Zucchini is AWESOME
Posted by: GZ FAN ()
Date: November 25, 2015 12:48AM

I agree with user ZZTMM GZ is wonderful with the kids and the parents his shows are very enjoyable and fun to watch

Posted by: Wack for the DaddyO ()
Date: November 25, 2015 01:04AM

This thread is out of wack! Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> The Great Zucchini was right to ask the mother to
> enter through the back

So he whipped out his Zucchini and had anal sex with the mother?
That's fucking disgusting....

Posted by: The Great Peg-anini ()
Date: November 25, 2015 07:21AM

Wack for the DaddyO Wrote:
> This thread is out of wack! Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> ----
> >
> >
> > The Great Zucchini was right to ask the mother
> to
> > enter through the back
> __________________________________________________
> _____________
>
> So he whipped out his Zucchini and had anal sex
> with the mother?
> That's fucking disgusting....

No, when he asked the mother to enter through the back, he meant he wanted her to fuck him in the ass with a strap on.

Posted by: Irony1 ()
Date: November 25, 2015 08:19AM

Interesting that the OP's planned essentially backfired. If the responses are to be believed, the OP was more or less identified as a self-entitled, rude, overreacting asshole of a mom that effectively disrupted the show. I wonder if she ever read the responses and came to the conclusion she should reevaluate the way she loves her life, views situations, and judges people.

A decent number of troll responses from the typical FFXU basement dwellers. However, pretty overwhelming number of positive and supportive responses from people that have actually been to one if not several shows by TGZ.

This website has a high search ranking, specially for things not covered nationally or internationally so a bunch of people see this thread title when searching for TGZ. Funny is they it might look bad at first glance, but anyone doing research would actually read this thread and probably decide to hire him. The negative troll responses don't hold much weight. This website should be used for scientific research.

Posted by: Mike Bergen ()
Date: June 20, 2016 10:20PM

He's still in business because he provides a unique service that very few, if any can accomplish. He reaches pre-school children at their maturity level. He never promises to entertain or even be understood by parents. He's there for the kids and they love him for it. Play on TGZ. You're one of a kind.

Posted by: John Clause ()
Date: June 20, 2016 10:24PM

And there's a completely ridiculous comment coming from someone called A.A.
LOL

Posted by: Ted Lasson ()
Date: June 20, 2016 11:53PM

Something doesn't add up? Are you suspicious of things that go bump in the night? Please. He doesn't have to defend himself because he has the support of thousands of satisfied parents. I don't even know while I'm here. But I can't stand to see a vindictive bitch slamming someone who has literally dominated the pre-school market in this area. No one comes close to what he does. He can barely keep up with all the requests for him to appear. And I would be just as defensive so that one or two sour eggs wouldn't trash my good name with lies. Rock on GZ. We got your back.

Posted by: WSH Lax Inappropriate Shitting ()
Date: June 21, 2016 12:50AM

NO, PUSSYFOOT!!!! I RULED THE PRE-SCHOOL!!!!

Posted by: Zucchini is proof ()
Date: June 21, 2016 08:04AM

sleep deprived parents will do anything to entertain kids and kill those looooong days of parenting. Zucchini is proof of that.

Posted by: FjExk ()
Date: November 28, 2016 05:28PM

FjExk

Posted by: vL4bH ()
Date: November 29, 2016 11:32AM

He's not as awful as Trump. Not by a long shot.

Posted by: VJTk6 ()
Date: November 29, 2016 04:22PM

VJTk6

Posted by: TtCT7 ()
Date: November 30, 2016 06:46AM

I made stuffed zucchini last night. It wasn't awful at all. It was great.

Posted by: cvmFV ()
Date: November 30, 2016 06:09PM

Did you use ground beef and rice for the stuffing? What sort of binder did you add?

Re: The Great Zucchini is NOT awful
Posted by: AuntieAbuse ()
Date: December 01, 2016 12:32AM

Positive or Negative?

Posted by: Jade ()
Date: December 02, 2016 10:09AM

I thought about this thread for hours and I came to this conclusion. Being an entertainer is like reaching out and asking the audience to be your friend. Sometimes we agree and we get along fine. Other times our personalities don't match and there can even be hard feelings in some cases. The best you can do is part ways and say thank you for being a part of my world for a while. I hope you're feeling better than you were before we met.

Posted by: deelee ()
Date: January 29, 2017 03:05PM

He's a great kids entertainer, plain and simple. My daughter loved him when she was younger. He did a show at her preschool and he performed at one of her birthday parties. He's a good guy, too.

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: January 29, 2017 03:32PM

Nope...I just checked...he's still awful...thanks, though.

Posted by: Ridiculous ()
Date: January 30, 2017 07:15AM

The guy that mentions comet ping pong is a crackpot. It was a fake story and Everyone that did a show there has to deal with dumbass like you. Please tell me you aren't aloud to vote

Posted by: The Great Asparagus ()
Date: April 03, 2017 06:29PM

Wait a minute, "TGZ."

You "googled" yourself and found this thread? That's what happened?? Ya sure?? Cuz EARLIER you said that one of the guests from the infamous birthday party contacted you and told you people were hatin on ya.

So which is it??

Keep your lies straight, bruh.

Posted by: JustSomeOne ()
Date: May 02, 2017 09:52AM

You don't have to like every entertainer you know of. That's what is so great about this area. And that's why so many artists continue to make this place more beautiful. The fact remains that this guy makes children and many many parents so happy that they invite him back again and again. And as far as these silly accusations go, someone clearly has a chip on their shoulder and can't let it go. If you don't like him don't hire him. But all this chatter amounts to very little in the grand scheme of things.

And btw. I saw him perform a few weeks ago. He's better than ever. You're as good as your last show. Grudges from archives in the past do not have to hurt the future. Move on. Be happy.

Posted by: Huh??? ()
Date: May 02, 2017 06:19PM

JustSomeOne Wrote:
> But all
> this chatter amounts to very little in the grand
> scheme of things.

Including YOUR chatter trying to come in here and run smack about some kid groper masquerading as an entertainer...with a drinking problem. Holy fuck, the world can't run far enough away from this guy.

Posted by: GZ forever! ()
Date: May 02, 2017 07:32PM

I love this guy! I saw him perform over at the Fairfax Circle Arthur Treachers. Great act!

My wife and I hired him on the spot for some of our "adult" parties! Totally worth it.

Posted by: Madison ()
Date: November 15, 2017 08:53PM

Child time we have used before, luois is great. My daughter recommends Turly the magician.
Magic Of Zain came to my niece's party and rocked it. They had face painters and balloon twisting along with a magic show. My Grandson loved it. They have a lot of good reviews it seems, totally worth checking out: https://www.magicofzain.com/
There is also a pirate magic show around here I Think.

Posted by: Geez ()
Date: December 12, 2017 08:35AM

Wow, kids magic show while hung over? Sad.

Posted by: I gotta wonder if ()
Date: December 12, 2017 09:25AM

Kelly Duncan Beyer is related to Don Beyer, the politician and car dealer owner?

Posted by: Kelly Daniels ()
Date: December 25, 2017 03:03AM

At least he is hot looking guy to go look at

Posted by: YJYLG ()
Date: December 25, 2017 03:49AM

Sidekick 2 Wrote:
> The Great Zucchini needs to up his game, no pun
> intended

Where's the pun?

Posted by: Hotstuff ()
Date: May 06, 2018 12:50AM

At least he is hot looking guy to go look at very hot

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.