HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123456789AllNext
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: FCPS Principal get Slush Fund from Parking Payments
Posted by: agree with above ()
Date: September 19, 2014 07:50PM

I want you to put this information out. I am in support of that 100%. I do not, however, agree with all of your commentary (I say this because I darn well please to).

As the undisputed bastion for this cause, you should take a bit more ownership of the role of public servant - you should avoid at all costs comments that detract from the facts or convict those whose only guilt is association. I say that because you seem to take pride in the service you are providing, which is a good one. You will be a more effective reporter if you hold yourself to the same standards as those who wear that title as a profession.

Right now, you come off a bit as an empty-nester who likes numbers, finger-pointing, and wine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: agree ()
Date: September 19, 2014 11:29PM

Barbara or whatever your name is....you dole out SOOO much criticism but countless posters have tried to get you to tone down your commentary but you cannot see you are in fact damage your case every time you say 'i can't do this all'. No one asked you to. It is your choice.

Posted by: the facts ()
Date: September 20, 2014 10:16AM

I said I will speak my mind if I darn well please. I think it is ridiculous that a public official goes to one of the most expensive restaurants in the county, charges up dinner on the county card, can't provide names of who attended, and I get a half-a## copy of the bill to boot.

And I don't have a problem saying that. You can take your politically correct attitudes and go to the Mike O'Meara thread if you don't like it.

By saying "I can't do it all" I am trying to tell people there is probably plenty more that I am not picking up.

Have a nice weekend.

Posted by: restore trust in the system ()
Date: September 20, 2014 11:14AM

The focus here should not be on Barbara, but on the bills being presented. Discrediting the messenger does not make the message less credible. What she is putting out here is real, true stuff. Is she perfect? No. But I think she is making a difference in her own way. What are you doing besides attacking her? And trying to distract attention from the matter at hand?

I, for one, am grateful that some of this is coming out. I am not against some of this spending, but I think there is some that has been "over the top". A lack of honesty and poor judgement leads to a lack of respect inside the FCPS system. Some of the people in FCPS do not understand that they are there to serve the public and not there to have the public serve them. If they get away with a little, sooner or later they try to take more and more. We have had enough.

Posted by: Great job ()
Date: September 20, 2014 11:27AM

Thanks for all of this info. It is a lot of time and the foils cost money. Thank you again.

No question there is mismanagement and waste going on in schools.

I just paid 60 bucks for art class and 90 for gourmet cooking.

I wonder where that money goes?

Posted by: keep it coming ()
Date: September 20, 2014 12:03PM

I think Fact Checker has done a great service. I agree her rhetoric gets too emotional and too finger pointing, but I am very interested to see how it all plays out. As a long time FCPS teacher I am proud to say I am NOT at one of the Morton's or Magianno schools. (WHAT WERE THOSE PRINCIPALS THINKING???) Hope the public knows that most schools have prudent principals who funnel discretionary funds into student and employee welfare. However, I disagree that employees can't have a food, water bottle or cheap T-shirt treat. Barb makes too many references to bringing a brown bag. It is akin to us being considered factory workers and not professionals. Today more and more duties have been foisted on teachers especially with the Monday schedule change and the public is totally unaware of details. What I DO fear is that Gatehouse will step in and make changes that will harm teachers and students and the excess spending on the part of administrators and the school board will continue. I was clueless about the cost of the principals' retreats. The peons always suffer - just read history. Advice - keep posting Barb, but avoid being sanctimonious and snarky. Facts speak. Editorialzing doesn't.

Posted by: SoAngrySoAngry ()
Date: September 20, 2014 12:20PM

There's a difference in pointing out facts and taking to another level. Yes, resorts and lavish dinners should go, (I completely agree with you and I am not arguing those points of the idea those points were brought to this forum even) those funds could be redirected for better use, the other stuff doesn't bother me, that's my opinion and I can make when presented with just the facts.

It is however precarious when you start posting peoples names online - Internet Defamation is interstesting. I have been doing some reading on the subject this morning as I looked through the many posts on this thread. Until you have all "the facts" and even if you do, you may want to reconsider what you do here in this forum...... I know, your response will be "I can say whatever I darn well please, I pay thousands in taxes, blah, blah, blah. Have a nice weekend." Don't present yourself as someone who is JUST trying to do a service... You go beyond that, perhaps for attention, shock value, or whatever.... I'm not calling for you to stop, post away, but own what you are doing.

Posted by: mPTWK ()
Date: September 20, 2014 12:51PM

Great job Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for all of this info. It is a lot of time
> and the foils cost money. Thank you again.
>
> No question there is mismanagement and waste going
> on in schools.
>
> I just paid 60 bucks for art class and 90 for
> gourmet cooking.
>
> I wonder where that money goes?

fee money for courses goes into accounts that are separate from the expenditures listed in this thread. The teachers of those classes use that money for various supplies and materials that are 'consumable' by the students. Items that the students will use and dispose of or keep through the year (paint brushes, drawing paper, etc.) That money is not supposed to be used for anything the program keeps for multiple years - just things a kid will use up in the course of their activities, and/or items they'd take home for themselves (a t-shirt, etc).

The fees you listed are legit, and within regulations.

Posted by: fees are very legit ()
Date: September 20, 2014 06:13PM

Course fees exist for courses that require more materials/supplies/resources than FCPS allocates. Various elective courses are a good example of this because most of them work with specialized materials that are different than the average academic textbook, calculator, what have you.

It is great that FCPS recognizes the educational benefit of classes in art, music, FCS, drama, and several more elective options, but they really aren't in a position to finance the necessary materials because of the need to be equitable within the school with available funds.

If you pay the course fee and the teacher is worth their salt, know that it is a worthwhile investment in your kid's education.

Yes, barb should stick to the facts and do less editorializing.

Date: September 20, 2014 08:37PM

Posting names that are public record tied to the information they were involved in is just the way it goes. If you don't want your name tied to a dinner at McCormick and Schmick or George's at the Cove on the public dollar, then DON'T GO. You are supposed to be on per diem, anyway. There is nothing precarious about that at all. If we bought your dinner or a hotel room, or you signed off a PO, you're out there, buddy. I have several more coming on the restaurant tour. Sakura looks like fun, Indigo Landing looks marvelous, and a few others. A sampling of several schools. Yes. WHAT ARE/WERE THEY THINKING? Don't assume your school isn't one of "those schools". You have to get deep into the accounting information to locate some of these soires. They are crafty.

There are a lot of people who brown bag it. I can name two people with Doctoral degrees that I see with an actual brown bag all the time. I know two millionaires who brown bag it every day. Don't get all high and mighty. It's better for your health, saves a lot of money, and it is just the way they like to live their lives. It shows a lot of common sense. Get a fancy bag if you are offended by using a brown bag.

You have the right to pull the records on the art class money and the gourmet cooking class money. They are basically user fees. These are regulated by the state and the School Board. They can charge for "consumables" and some other things. Request to see the records. It is very easy. Send an email to Brandynn.Reaves@fcps.edu. 12 working days later (or sooner) you will have your records. Basic accounting data is generally free. Pulling receipts will cost you.

I will say whatever I darn well please. You all are. A LOT of you are downright crazy. Who are you to tell me what to do? Why don't you all request some information like this and post it?

And if I want a glass of wine I will have a glass of wine and I don't apologize for that, either.

I think there are just a lot of people who wish this all could have gone in secrecy and are not too happy about this. Oh well. Organizations who are in financial trouble are not busy sorting through receipts from Morton's, hotels, etc., buying 45 dozen donuts, and going off per diem in New Orleans and handing the taxpayers a bill for $600+.

Posted by: twinge ()
Date: September 20, 2014 11:09PM

a nerve is struck

Posted by: keep it coming ()
Date: September 21, 2014 06:43AM

There you go again!

"I will say whatever I darn well please. You all are. A LOT of you are downright crazy. Who are you to tell me what to do? Why don't you all request some information like this and post it?"

If you were not so paranoid and defensive you would be taken more seriously and your information would be more valuable in achieving reform.

"Who are we?" People who are interested in your findings, but who are more rational than you appear to be!

"Twinge" is correct - a nerve is indeed struck!

Posted by: emotions flare ()
Date: September 21, 2014 10:14AM

Whenever money is a topic of conversation, emotions tend to get involved. It's just how it is.

I am glad that this information is being put out. It took someone who is passionate to do it. That's generally how these things happen. You might not like the passion, but you can look at the evidence and make your own decisions. If all of these expenditures are on the up and up, the people spending the money have nothing to worry about. So far it appears that they are worried and wish to lash out at the person revealing the problem (and blame her for their problem). They created their own problem if there is one. People make their own beds. The door is being opened so that we can see the bedroom.

Posted by: concerned taxpayer ()
Date: September 21, 2014 10:46AM

Facts,
Don't let them get to you--clearly there are people posting here, trying to kill the messenger with ad hominem and faint praise ('...I don't agree with all this spending, but. . . .') who don't want this examined anymore.

They are the ones experiencing a "twinge" because whats been disclosed, far from a few oversights or decisions with bad "optics" is a persistent pattern of blatant abuse of public funds.

The double dipping with the principals association funds proves it!

Posted by: also a taxpayer ()
Date: September 21, 2014 11:18AM

Just about every post I read asking the facts to tone down the crazy make it pretty obvious (by blatantly saying it) that they want her to continue posting this info.

I'd say its fair to attack the messenger if their antics drive people away from the message.

This type of info is worthy of being treated as real news, not tabloid.

Posted by: flip flopping ()
Date: September 21, 2014 12:40PM

"I'd say its fair to attack the messenger if their antics drive people away from the message."

I don't think people are being driven away . . . don't worry about protecting her so much. You sound like you're her friend or something now . . . you keep changing your tune. What is it---are you worried about people not getting her message or do you want her to stop posting her message? You vacillate.

Posted by: not mutually exclusive ()
Date: September 21, 2014 12:54PM

Toning down the crazy and continuing to provide the info are not mutually exclusive of each other. Both can be done.

Posted by: you are affected too much ()
Date: September 21, 2014 01:14PM

^ Or you could just ignore the crazy and look at the attachments. Is that hard for you?

Posted by: FFX Underground is a Circus ()
Date: September 21, 2014 01:17PM

Yes, it is hard to ignore the crazy.

Posted by: answer is easy ()
Date: September 21, 2014 01:33PM

^Then don't come on here.

Date: September 21, 2014 01:57PM

I have asked for an itemized and legible receipt for Morton's. You all did notice the reimbursement for $56? I think maybe somebody was along for the ride at this boondoggle and their bill was paid on the county credit card.......?

No personal expenses on county credit cards. That is the agreement when you are allowed to use a p-card.....

Date: September 21, 2014 02:07PM

the facts Wrote:
> I have asked for an itemized and legible receipt
> for Morton's. You all did notice the reimbursement
> for $56? I think maybe somebody was along for the
> ride at this boondoggle and their bill was paid on
> the county credit card.......?
>
> No personal expenses on county credit cards. That
> is the agreement when you are allowed to use a
> p-card.....

But, we are probably never going to know since they conveniently "don't any names". Jeez. This just gets messier and messier....

Posted by: hammer/nail ()
Date: September 21, 2014 03:00PM

^^^^^^^I think you meant don't HAVE any names, facts. That's okay. This is how it works. I do this all the time when I go to a dinner paid for by another party and I take my spouse along (I travel a lot). I get as much as I can on my meal, my spouse orders just an entree, and then we split the sides/salad/ dessert.

Posted by: Teacher Teacher ()
Date: September 21, 2014 04:01PM

I have been teaching in FCPS for over 15 years and reading these posts is making me crazy. Do I like getting any-shirt every year, and breakfast or lunch a couple of times a year? Sure. It's nice. Would I rather have fewer kids in my classes? You betcha. Would I rather have working technology? Yup. Would I rather have money for classroom supplies? Absolutely, since I spend way more on those each year than I would on a t-shirt and a few mediocre meals.

So, keep it up "the facts." Please stop bashing the teachers, however. We do not ask for any of these things and would much prefer the money be spent on the things I outlined above. When principals are spending thousands to stay overnight at resorts just down the street and then come back with more initiatives for teachers to implement simply to justify their trip, it sucks. Maybe if they are held accountable for some of this money, things will improve for the students.

Posted by: flip flopper (only not) ()
Date: September 21, 2014 04:47PM

answer is easy Wrote:
> ^Then don't come on here.

Isn't that the point some posters are making? The crazy drives away the potential audience. I'd think most in support of the facts' efforts would want a large audience base. Maybe not.

Date: September 21, 2014 04:49PM

Two regulations about employee organizations. Are the HSPA and the MSPA certified employee organizations? Just exactly what are these? Do they have some organizational documents? Again, if they form a separate organization, shouldn't they pay their dues and expenses out of their own pockets? The school system is not allowed to give financial support to employee organizations, I believe. No gifts to employee groups is noted in the published guidelines. If dues and expenses are pulled out of public funds, and routed through these associations, those are gifts, and the staff individually benefit from the money. Thoughts?

I think there is an Elementary School Principals' Association, also.

BTW, people say quit talking about stuff then THEY talk about stuff. You can say whatever you want, people.
Attachments:
R4520.pdf
R4537.pdf

Date: September 21, 2014 04:52PM

Teacher Teacher Wrote:
> I have been teaching in FCPS for over 15 years and
> reading these posts is making me crazy. Do I like
> getting any-shirt every year, and breakfast or
> lunch a couple of times a year? Sure. It's nice.
> Would I rather have fewer kids in my classes? You
> betcha. Would I rather have working technology?
> Yup. Would I rather have money for classroom
> supplies? Absolutely, since I spend way more on
> those each year than I would on a t-shirt and a
> few mediocre meals.
>
> So, keep it up "the facts." Please stop bashing
> the teachers, however. We do not ask for any of
> these things and would much prefer the money be
> spent on the things I outlined above. When
> principals are spending thousands to stay
> overnight at resorts just down the street and then
> come back with more initiatives for teachers to
> implement simply to justify their trip, it sucks.
> Maybe if they are held accountable for some of
> this money, things will improve for the students.

I haven't been bashing teachers. I have been pointing out that a lot of processes need to be evaluated.

Posted by: concept I deal with nearly daily ()
Date: September 21, 2014 06:01PM

> I haven't been bashing teachers. I have been
> pointing out that a lot of processes need to be
> evaluated.

Intention and perception often do not align.

Posted by: Agree ()
Date: September 21, 2014 06:03PM

At least have the integrity to see that you have in fact bashed teachers for accepting tshirts sandwiches and pizza. Over and over.

Posted by: xFKYM ()
Date: September 21, 2014 06:15PM

pretty sure you called teachers 'peons' a while back in this thread

Posted by: agree with agree ()
Date: September 21, 2014 06:17PM

<At least have the integrity to see that you have in fact bashed teachers for <accepting tshirts sandwiches and pizza. Over and over.

Yes! Those purchases are the action of an administrator. Why would you fault a teacher for taking a slice of pizza when someone announces over the intercom that it is available in the work room?

Yet the facts keeps on saying things like, "you have to brown bag it like the rest of us."

Posted by: Business expenses ()
Date: September 21, 2014 07:54PM

At my firm if the expense report isn't legible than you don't get reimbursed. No exceptions.

These sloppy reports are obscene. If they doubt itemize everything with who attended events than no obey back.

These principals will learn oce they are personally charged for these outings.

Posted by: teach 4 real ()
Date: September 21, 2014 10:37PM

Facts hasn't bashed teachers--this is principals trying to lump in teachers, who they were taking the money from--with their own problems. Teachers have no say in whether there are t-shirts or end of year meals or whatever. The people who have oversight--the principals--are using the teachers to justify the graft. more cross referencing needs to happen with industry conferences and similar events. Do you think George's at the Cove was happenstance?

Date: September 22, 2014 10:03AM

Intention and perception are certainly very different. Good point. Everybody filters things a different way.

I made it very clear that if you are offered a present, party, etc. then take it. Making that decision is not up to the individual teacher, to a point. If somebody offers you a $500 "gift" then something is obviously very wrong and you need to talk to somebody about this. The people who are making the decision to offer and purchase things like $4000 parties and $100 dinners for themselves and others are to be held accountable and need some restrictions.

Anybody who works for the government is basically a government peon, meaning they have certain rules to follow, no matter what role they have in the organization. Per diem, bribes, gifts, inappropriate use of resources, things like steering purchases to a company owned by you, etc. are examples. These all apply to everybody from the School Board on down to the wonderful hardworking people who clean the bathrooms and mow the grass.

The sloppy reports are indeed obscene. Thank you. They generally have been fairly clear. I have some ugly but probably accurate suspicions why "names [conveniently] aren't available" on a few of these....I personally think the best way to handle this is to say no individual local meals on the pcards. They already aren't supposed to be there for non-local travel. Pay for them yourself (which is probably what you are supposed to be doing anyway). If you are lucky, you get reimbursed or get the $11.50/mileage. As far as the group things, you can't tell me there are several meetings a week that require all these people to be fed and entertained. These need to be very few and far between. Just because you meet with the entire staff for an hour or two one morning or afternoon a week doesn't mean you need to put out a spread from Panera. It's WORK-not a party. People need to learn to (yes) pack a brown bag or have breakfast before they leave the house or stop by the cafeteria or make a quick run to Subway on the way to or from some of these meetings. That applies to everybody. Maybe keep some sustenance in your car or desk drawer if you are that desperate. (Every school has a cafeteria, as does Gatehouse.) That is what the rest of the government and private sector "peons" do. The citizens don't owe you three meals a day. Just quit doing it-right now-and people will figure out really fast what they need to do. Nobody is going to starve-trust me. It will save a ton of money on personnel costs, also. The keeping of receipts, the setting up, cleaning up, partaking of the stuff, the researching and planning and ordering....It will be a mountain of work lifted from the shoulders of a LOT of people. It might also make for shorter meetings!!!!!! I fail to see why some of these schools are routinely dropping $2000+ a month on this stuff.

The new guidelines have cleared the way for appropriated funds to be used for some of this. I know they already were, according to the audits I saw. More accounts to check........

***********I asked for the organizational documents on the HSPA/MSPA. This will be interesting. I don't understand why the citizens are paying for golf and nice restaurant meals for the members of these associations when services to the children are being cut. Can somebody please explain this to me???? The principals make six-figure salaries. They carry a huge responsibility with that, but that is an impressive salary. If they want to go golfing or go to a nice restaurant with a few of their co-workers and maybe their spouses they should be able to afford that. Their meetings could probably be held in a lecture hall, school library, or large classroom. You can't tell me every single one is booked every evening of the school year.

Posted by: expense pro ()
Date: September 22, 2014 01:22PM

I work for a small firm managed by a person who monitors every detail. Hours have to be very carefully logged in daily, all receipts have to be legible and present and appropriate, things have to be turned in and they want them on time and until all this is done-YOU DON'T GET PAID. Payday will come and go for you. So sad. That's life in the real world. I say make them pay for some of this stuff and beg to get reimbursed instead of charging it up and then waiting for somebody to figure out what they have been up to. That leads to lots of problems, as we are seeing here.

Posted by: $100 ()
Date: September 22, 2014 02:09PM

100 dollars at Morton's? this is what can be bought for $100.
2 cases of copy paper, or
3000 pages of construction paper,or
400 pencils,or
700 pens, or
150 highlighters

Don't want to hear about it.

Posted by: huEcE ()
Date: September 22, 2014 03:25PM

the facts Wrote:

> I made it very clear that if you are offered a
> present, party, etc. then take it.

Wrong. I was on a non-profit board that treated themselves to a big Thank You dinner every year. I didn't think it was right and was not justifiable. I never attended a single one.

Assuming that teachers should just take whatever is offered absolves them of the ethical requirements of their position as an employee. Just because you are at the bottom of the ladder doesn't give you a free pass to take whatever is offered. Perhaps a little shaming from the front line troops would make the administrators a bit more ethical themselves.

Date: September 22, 2014 03:37PM

^^^I don't have a problem with them accepting a pizza lunch or a mug. The new guidelines do allow things like this, with restrictions. They are not in a position to mouth off at their boss.

I will tell you one thing, if I had gone to New Orleans and was told we were going off of per diem and bilking the taxpayers for a $63 dinner instead of staying on per diem, I would have said "no" and stuck to my per diem and asked for a separate check. THAT set a really bad example.

Posted by: hitting my nerve ()
Date: September 22, 2014 08:16PM

$100 Wrote:
> 100 dollars at Morton's? this is what can be
> bought for $100.
> 2 cases of copy paper, or
> 3000 pages of construction paper,or
> 400 pencils,or
> 700 pens, or
> 150 highlighters
>
> Don't want to hear about it.

How many were at this thing at Morton's? I couldn't afford to go there in my wildest dreams.

Posted by: ask a stupid question... ()
Date: September 22, 2014 08:29PM

hitting my nerve Wrote:
> $100 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 100 dollars at Morton's? this is what can be
> > bought for $100.
> > 2 cases of copy paper, or
> > 3000 pages of construction paper,or
> > 400 pencils,or
> > 700 pens, or
> > 150 highlighters
> >
> > Don't want to hear about it.
>
>
> How many were at this thing at Morton's? I
> couldn't afford to go there in my wildest dreams.

Probably a bunch. We were buying, not them. 20+?

Posted by: hammer/nail ()
Date: September 23, 2014 06:54AM

hammer/nail Wrote:
> ^^^^^^^I think you meant don't HAVE any names,
> facts. That's okay. This is how it works. I do
> this all the time when I go to a dinner paid for
> by another party and I take my spouse along (I
> travel a lot). I get as much as I can on my meal,
> my spouse orders just an entree, and then we split
> the sides/salad/ dessert.

Then again, the $56 reimbursement might be for a round of cocktails or a bottle of wine. Interesting that there isn't an itemized receipt.

Posted by: This, except... ()
Date: September 23, 2014 07:22AM

Teacher Teacher Wrote:
> I have been teaching in FCPS for over 15 years and
> reading these posts is making me crazy. Do I like
> getting any-shirt every year, and breakfast or
> lunch a couple of times a year? Sure. It's nice.
> Would I rather have fewer kids in my classes? You
> betcha. Would I rather have working technology?
> Yup. Would I rather have money for classroom
> supplies? Absolutely, since I spend way more on
> those each year than I would on a t-shirt and a
> few mediocre meals.
>
> So, keep it up "the facts." Please stop bashing
> the teachers, however. We do not ask for any of
> these things and would much prefer the money be
> spent on the things I outlined above. When
> principals are spending thousands to stay
> overnight at resorts just down the street and then
> come back with more initiatives for teachers to
> implement simply to justify their trip, it sucks.
> Maybe if they are held accountable for some of
> this money, things will improve for the students.

Agree with this poster. Except, instead of tshirts and big breakfasts, I'd much prefer a real raise! I've been teaching for 20 years, and in the past several years the cost of living, cuts to VRS contributions,etc have surpassed my ability to live like a normal human being. At this stage in life, i should not be going backwards in debt, despite my frugality!!

Date: September 23, 2014 11:51AM

Regarding the tens of thousands of dollars we are paying for state associations, local associations, etc. and the associated costs-

Reg 5810-page 42

"Individual memberships in any professional, educational, or community organizations or associations shall be at the personal expense of the individual applying for membership. Memberships in the name of the school may be approved by the principal, in accordance with the current version of Reg. 5115. When institutional memberships are in conjunction with personal memberships, only the additional cost of the institutional membership may be paid from school activity funds."

So, what about the Rotary club memberships/fees/expenses, the $536 fee per principal for Virginia Association of Secondary School Principals and the associated conferences, these local principals' associations, etc.?

More to argue about.

Posted by: the facts-Edison ()
Date: September 23, 2014 03:21PM

Lunch for 230 at Edison. $18 a person.

Thank you for your hard work. Really. I am just pointing out what lunch for 230 looks like. There are lots and lots of these at other schools, also.
Attachments:
Edison ECA_Redacted9232014.pdf

Posted by: babs ()
Date: September 23, 2014 04:20PM

Barbara Brown- you can dish it but you can't take it. Still waiting for you to answer the 3 questions?

Have you ever FOIA your bosses at Reston Hospital?

Have you ever been given a t-shirt or free meal?

Is your life that empty that you spend time harrassing civil servants? Not enough attention from your kids or husba

Posted by: the facts-Madison ()
Date: September 23, 2014 05:05PM

Now we have an example of an EOY luncheon for the entire staff at $15 a person including a $195 tip.

Something about Sophomore Class College Planning Night necessitated an evening trip to Bazin's on Church in Vienna. Dinner for 5 at $45 a person. Our public dollars at work. Lovely place.

I don't know why 300 baby bibs were needed but I had to see it to believe it.
Attachments:
Madison ECA Documents_Redacted9232014.pdf

Date: September 23, 2014 05:07PM

^^^^^. Typo. 30 baby bibs, not 300. Still don't know why.

Posted by: BabyBibs ()
Date: September 23, 2014 07:01PM

I heard the baby bibs which have the school mascot on it are given to staff who have babies as a gift. I cannot believe this selfish school is using vending machine and parking lot money to do such an irresponsible thing like give its staff who have newborns a baby bib as a gift!

Posted by: a question ()
Date: September 23, 2014 07:08PM

Is it just possible that they purchase these items for fundraising? 30 bibs seems a lot for staff.

Date: September 23, 2014 08:36PM

^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh there's lots bigger fish in this sea than adorable baby bibs. Trust me. I thought maybe it was a fundraiser, also. I don't know. Cute idea.

I am pressing on with the restaurant tour sampler and maybe a couple other things...

I have Sakura, Clyde's, more Maggiano's, McCormick and Schmick, and some others. Problem I am seeing is no names and no itemized receipts and illegible receipts on some of this stuff. I have asked for some clarifications.

Posted by: today ()
Date: September 23, 2014 09:51PM

Today I got to school at 7:10am. I finished the tasks I considered critical and left at 6:15pm. I've done about 90 minutes of non-critical school work since getting home tonight. No gifts or free meals were received today.

Posted by: tomorrow ()
Date: September 24, 2014 04:21PM

today Wrote:
> Today I got to school at 7:10am. I finished the
> tasks I considered critical and left at 6:15pm.
> I've done about 90 minutes of non-critical school
> work since getting home tonight. No gifts or free
> meals were received today.

Well I have been busting a gut and I come here and read about how public employees are going to restaurants and staying at hotels I can only dream about, and I am paying for it. No sympathy.

Posted by: the facts-FairfaxHS ()
Date: September 24, 2014 05:51PM

Let's see.
These were really nice records. Thank you, Fairfax. Names, itemized receipts, legible documents, etc.

IC retreat at Old Town Hall, Coyote Grill about $18 a person with take home boxes.

Admin Assistants lunch at Artie's about $29 a person. Thank you Admin Assistants.

Admin Dinner at Maggiano's about $42 a person. Happy Holidays, Administrators.
Attachments:
Fairfax ECA Documents_ Redacted9232014.pdf

Posted by: today ()
Date: September 24, 2014 05:56PM

tomorrow Wrote:
> today Wrote:
> -----
> > Today I got to school at 7:10am. I finished the
> > tasks I considered critical and left at 6:15pm.
> > I've done about 90 minutes of non-critical
> school
> > work since getting home tonight. No gifts or
> free
> > meals were received today.
>
> Well I have been busting a gut and I come here and
> read about how public employees are going to
> restaurants and staying at hotels I can only dream
> about, and I am paying for it. No sympathy.

No sympathy asked for. You can keep it, along with the funds that you and taxpayers don't have to contribute toward all the time that is donated by teachers. The busting my gut receives is worth it. I choose to do it each day.

Today I got to school at 7:15am. I finished the tasks I considered critical and left at 5:30pm. I have about an hour's worth of work planned for later this evening. No gifts or free meals were received today.

Posted by: Today 2 ()
Date: September 24, 2014 06:43PM

Three college letters of recommendation written this week outside of school hours at no extra charge to anyone and with the great hope they make a difference for those students. I even used my own stamps - oh the injustice! But hey, we are ALL greedy freeloaders, right?

Don't worry, I'm not expecting donuts tomorrow and I'm busy finding my brown bag.

Posted by: free stuff so far ()
Date: September 24, 2014 06:56PM

So far this year I've gotten a Kashi bar, for which I do not know the financial origins.

Posted by: Horrible!!! ()
Date: September 24, 2014 07:19PM

This is terrible. Kashi is WAY too high end. Who do you think you are? A Quaker or Nature Valley bar is much cheaper.

Posted by: a question ()
Date: September 24, 2014 07:36PM

If I bike to work, is it permissible to use the shower at school? Perhaps FCPS needs a regulation on fees for water usage by employees, especially if the school launders the towel with detergent.

Posted by: would like to come clean ()
Date: September 24, 2014 08:35PM

I sometimes skim the washpo website during the last moments of my 25 minute lunch if I finish catching up on parent emails. I'll switch to doing this on my phone with only 4g enabled so I don't drain any FCPS (taxpayer-funded) bandwidth.

Posted by: but how many squares? ()
Date: September 24, 2014 08:57PM

What I really want to know is how many squares of TP did you use today? I have reports that say some people use more than two per visit to the restroom and some people might use the restroom more than once a day. I think teachers should bring their own rolls, I mean really.....why should the tax payers pay for that kind of luxury.... OR just use the bathroom at home the way the rest of us do.

We need to know.... some people are using way too many squares. This abuse must end. It must be wiped away.

Posted by: the fax ()
Date: September 24, 2014 09:18PM

but how many squares? Wrote:
> What I really want to know is how many squares of
> TP did you use today? I have reports that say some
> people use more than two per visit to the restroom
> and some people might use the restroom more than
> once a day. I think teachers should bring their
> own rolls, I mean really.....why should the tax
> payers pay for that kind of luxury.... OR just use
> the bathroom at home the way the rest of us do.
>
> We need to know.... some people are using way too
> many squares. This abuse must end. It must be
> wiped away.

FCPS allocates two squares for a #1. If you are dealt the last square of a roll, it is ok to take your squares from a fresh roll and not count the depleted roll. Teachers are granted one #2 restroom usage for every six workdays. If you have an existing condition, such as Chipotle consumption, you can apply for the $11.50/mileage option to have your extended deposit reimbursed.

Posted by: by the regs ()
Date: September 24, 2014 09:20PM

^^^^^Chipotle consumption at Back to School Night, per the regulation, is not eligible for $11.50/mileage.

Posted by: 24/7/365 ()
Date: September 24, 2014 10:12PM

I agree with Tomorrow, Today. I arrived on this thread fairly recently, but the reports tell very clearly what has been going on.
It looks like the administrators have been the problem with the high-end restaurants and the overnight meetings. Unfortuntately, it affects everybody. When the bosses are spending that much money that recklessly, something isn't right. It is highly unethical. It is very sad that they were spending so much and the teachers saw so little of it. These seem to be very selfish and unrealistic decisions on their part. It looks like a lot of the administrators tried to make up for a difficult situation by also going totally overboard with some of the things for staff, which is not a sustainable thing to do in the long run. Hopefully they will get their priorities straight and some of the things like free golf for the principals and the hotels and stuff will disappear. It would be nice if they could now make sure the teachers had what they needed for their classes instead of telling them they don't have any money and having surf and turf be their (the administrators) major priority and it would be nice if people could focus on maintaining services for the kids.

Posted by: quit mooching ()
Date: September 24, 2014 10:24PM

a question Wrote:
> If I bike to work, is it permissible to use the
> shower at school? Perhaps FCPS needs a regulation
> on fees for water usage by employees, especially
> if the school launders the towel with detergent.

Pack some deodorant. I don't have to pay for your hygiene!

Posted by: CVS is cheap ()
Date: September 24, 2014 10:31PM

Why is the PTA at my child's school paying for flu vaccines for the staff? That money could be going toward classroom needs.

Posted by: DON'T VACCINATE ()
Date: September 24, 2014 10:38PM

Don't vaccinate! It makes autism!

Posted by: Private sector reality ()
Date: September 24, 2014 11:34PM

Lets see arrived at work at 800 and bought my own breakfast. Had lunch at 300 due to Many calls and left at 800 pm.

No overtime or free meals.

Do I get a friggin medal?

Posted by: NO!!! ()
Date: September 25, 2014 06:28AM

Private sector reality Wrote:
> Lets see arrived at work at 800 and bought my own
> breakfast. Had lunch at 300 due to Many calls and
> left at 800 pm.
>
> No overtime or free meals.
>
> Do I get a friggin medal?

No, you do not get a friggin medal. We've made it clear that any type of gift/award/freebie is unacceptable.

Posted by: However ()
Date: September 25, 2014 06:31AM

> left at 800 pm.
>
>

However, if you do this most days of the week, you do have statistics that should be persuasive for a salary increase (or departure for a different job).

Posted by: unsympathetic taxpayer ()
Date: September 25, 2014 06:49AM

If working conditions are so tough in FCPS, why don't you take some of the money being spent on principals playing golf and eating at pricy restaurants and spend it on facilities

Posted by: WellnessCenter ()
Date: September 25, 2014 08:00AM

CVS is cheap Wrote:
> Why is the PTA at my child's school paying for flu
> vaccines for the staff? That money could be going
> toward classroom needs.

Flu shots? That should be covered under the health plan. What? That PTA is very gullible.

So you think the school system/taxpayers should provide thousands of staff with towel service and breakfast? In addition to the massages, filet mignon, beach towels and beach bags, crystal...I pack a towel in my gym bag. I work in a federal facility.

Posted by: something for nothing ()
Date: September 25, 2014 08:21AM

> left at 800 pm.
>
>

If you ever mentioned working weekends, holidays, overtime to a teacher, they would faint. Those who have never worked in the real world cant even begin to understand those concepts. At my kids school, several refused to even work back to school night. Go to your local high school during the last period of the day and observe the exodus during the coveted "planning period" Work to the rule would be ok, just work when you are getting paid to do so.

Posted by: kGVDM ()
Date: September 25, 2014 09:30AM

the facts-FairfaxHS Wrote:
> Let's see.
> These were really nice records. Thank you,
> Fairfax. Names, itemized receipts, legible
> documents, etc.
>
> IC retreat at Old Town Hall, Coyote Grill about
> $18 a person with take home boxes.
>
> Admin Assistants lunch at Artie's about $29 a
> person. Thank you Admin Assistants.
>
> Admin Dinner at Maggiano's about $42 a person.
> Happy Holidays, Administrators.

How does a $2.4B "world class" organization get away with handwritten anything? If this stuff was automated and required approvals, it might not ever get spent.

Date: September 25, 2014 01:24PM

^^^I am indeed finding that clarity and consistency of records is a huge problem. I will take handwritten records over no records any day. It looks like the principals are the approvers on the PO's, which means if they think lobster is indicated, they are all set. There has to be a better way to monitor whether people are taking county credit cards and heading out on the town than ME pulling records. This has been a very interesting adventure. The principals are ultimately responsible for whatever goes on the cards. So, if runs to the deli and Panera and Starbucks (yes, I saw Starbucks-no idea what they were buying) are considered appropriate, they can charge it up. It is then between the principal, the Superintendent, the School Board and their various auditors. My personal idea is to say no restaurants on the cards, period. If there is an occasional group meal, they can write a check or do a carefully approved charge. There really shouldn't be that many. That would put the brakes on pretty fast. But then there are the Giant runs, Costco runs, Weggie's, etc.

Can somebody explain to me why Sophomore College Planning night warrants a trip to Bazin's? I am not seeing this. If anything, it is an $11.50 or mileage situation.

Is anybody else having trouble opening the attachments? They were working fine until yesterday when FFU had a huge problem that messed with the system for hours.

Posted by: lkjhf ()
Date: September 25, 2014 02:03PM

unsympathetic taxpayer Wrote:
> If working conditions are so tough in FCPS, why
> don't you take some of the money being spent on
> principals playing golf and eating at pricy
> restaurants and spend it on facilities

I think that is the whole idea.

Posted by: beancounter ()
Date: September 25, 2014 03:59PM

lkjhf Wrote:
> unsympathetic taxpayer Wrote:
> -----
> > If working conditions are so tough in FCPS, why
> > don't you take some of the money being spent on
> > principals playing golf and eating at pricy
> > restaurants and spend it on facilities
>
>
> I think that is the whole idea.

yes. if you skip one prime rib dinner at $75 each, you can buy at least 100 rolls of toilet paper, probably more. a lot more productive.

Posted by: zxcv^&( ()
Date: September 25, 2014 04:56PM

CVS is cheap Wrote:
> Why is the PTA at my child's school paying for flu
> vaccines for the staff? That money could be going
> toward classroom needs.

This is frequently totally or at least partially covered by the preventive care portion of a health plan. Why is a parent group shouldering the expense of something like this? That money SHOULD be going for classroom needs. What school is this? Who is handling the administrative work, the screening process required, etc. You don't just hand out vaccines like lollipops. Who is actually giving the shots?

Posted by: fwte ()
Date: September 26, 2014 06:19AM

zxcv^&( Wrote:
> CVS is cheap Wrote:
> -----
> > Why is the PTA at my child's school paying for
> flu
> > vaccines for the staff? That money could be
> going
> > toward classroom needs.
>
>
>
> This is frequently totally or at least partially
> covered by the preventive care portion of a health
> plan. Why is a parent group shouldering the
> expense of something like this? That money SHOULD
> be going for classroom needs. What school is this?
> Who is handling the administrative work, the
> screening process required, etc. You don't just
> hand out vaccines like lollipops. Who is actually
> giving the shots?

Can the facts do some digging on this one?

Posted by: Influenza ()
Date: September 26, 2014 06:37AM

zxcv^&( Wrote:
> CVS is cheap Wrote:
> -----
> > Why is the PTA at my child's school paying for
> flu
> > vaccines for the staff? That money could be
> going
> > toward classroom needs.
>
>
>
> This is frequently totally or at least partially
> covered by the preventive care portion of a health
> plan. Why is a parent group shouldering the
> expense of something like this? That money SHOULD
> be going for classroom needs. What school is this?
> Who is handling the administrative work, the
> screening process required, etc. You don't just
> hand out vaccines like lollipops. Who is actually
> giving the shots?

Here's the problem with FFU. Just because someone writes something doesn't make it true. FCPS provides onsite flu shot programs across the system so staff can stay healthy when sick children go to school. No cost to PTAs. Healthy staff make it easier to work 60 hour weeks.

By the way. I hope none of the posters are employees of government contractors - we wouldn't want our tax dollars going to waste.

Posted by: the facts-WSHS ()
Date: September 26, 2014 09:17AM

A brief look at WSHS. Glory Days, "Admin Team Lunch". No names. No stated purpose for using their employer's credit card to buy themselves lunch. I saw dozens of these at numerous other schools (maybe hundreds).

Prom Night at Sakura. For the Admin Team. No names. Apparently the ADULTS get dressed up and go out to a nice dinner as well as the KIDS. No itemized receipt. I have asked for it. Somehow, I think it is not to be found. This looks like an $11.50 or mileage kind of night, unfortunately. This is a work night for them.

Hopefully Adobe Reader is cooperating...
Attachments:
WSHS ECA_Redacted9232014.pdf

Date: September 26, 2014 11:16AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This isn't the only school where I found this. There was another one that had dinner at Westwood Country Club. I would bet there are probably more. Don't know the answer to this.

Posted by: Updates ()
Date: September 26, 2014 05:05PM

Thursday
7-5, and my planning period was even at the end of the school day. I stayed and worked til 5:00 which I guess is "overtime" but don't worry, I didn't faint, I was quite ok. Also, I guess I'm lucky cause I get to work in the real world too having a part time job. Thankfully schools are closed on Holidays so I can work that job too. Clearly, I'm a lazy slug who has no idea what it means that to work hard.

Posted by: suck it up ()
Date: September 27, 2014 12:46AM

Influenza Wrote:
> zxcv^&( Wrote:
> -----
> > CVS is cheap Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Why is the PTA at my child's school paying
> for
> > flu
> > > vaccines for the staff? That money could be
> > going
> > > toward classroom needs.
> >
> >
> >
> > This is frequently totally or at least
> partially
> > covered by the preventive care portion of a
> health
> > plan. Why is a parent group shouldering the
> > expense of something like this? That money
> SHOULD
> > be going for classroom needs. What school is
> this?
> > Who is handling the administrative work, the
> > screening process required, etc. You don't just
> > hand out vaccines like lollipops. Who is
> actually
> > giving the shots?
>
> Here's the problem with FFU. Just because someone
> writes something doesn't make it true. FCPS
> provides onsite flu shot programs across the
> system so staff can stay healthy when sick
> children go to school. No cost to PTAs. Healthy
> staff make it easier to work 60 hour weeks.
>
> By the way. I hope none of the posters are
> employees of government contractors - we wouldn't
> want our tax dollars going to waste.

Teachers need to suck it up and pay for this themselves. If they get sick, they can use allotted sick days. Parents shouldn't be paying for vaccines so teachers can bank all their sick days.

Posted by: ------------ ()
Date: September 27, 2014 08:23AM

I don't think Influenza is making this up, in spite of the snarky remarks. I think they are having flu shot clinics provided by the school system. That is very typical of large organizations like this. It is part of their preventive health care benefit. You can miss up to two weeks of work if you get influenza.

Posted by: the facts-Herndon ()
Date: September 27, 2014 09:31AM

Admin Assistants Appreciation-we do so appreciate you-really. Clyde's, $18per person. McCormick and Schmick's $40 a person. We do have names and receipts.

PISA meeting (?) Sweetwater $13 a person. Don't know what this is.

The information on the final transaction is basically illegible. Something going on at Clyde's. I have asked for clearer records. I am not holding my breath.

If you aren't scanning in receipts please copy them on a sheet of paper because they fade. These records are supposed to be held and available for 5-6 years.
Attachments:
Herndon ECA_Redacted92314.pdf

Posted by: cvcvcvc ()
Date: September 27, 2014 10:42AM

Updates Wrote:
> Thursday
> 7-5, and my planning period was even at the end of
> the school day. I stayed and worked til 5:00
> which I guess is "overtime" but don't worry, I
> didn't faint, I was quite ok. Also, I guess I'm
> lucky cause I get to work in the real world too
> having a part time job. Thankfully schools are
> closed on Holidays so I can work that job too.
> Clearly, I'm a lazy slug who has no idea what it
> means that to work hard.

You are a miserable self-centered whiny-ass who thinks you are entitled to some unrealistic things.

Posted by: Not really ()
Date: September 27, 2014 12:55PM

cvcvcvc Wrote:
> Updates Wrote:
> -----
> > Thursday
> > 7-5, and my planning period was even at the end
> of
> > the school day. I stayed and worked til 5:00
> > which I guess is "overtime" but don't worry, I
> > didn't faint, I was quite ok. Also, I guess
> I'm
> > lucky cause I get to work in the real world too
> > having a part time job. Thankfully schools are
> > closed on Holidays so I can work that job too.
> > Clearly, I'm a lazy slug who has no idea what
> it
> > means that to work hard.
>
>
> You are a miserable self-centered whiny-ass who
> thinks you are entitled to some unrealistic
> things.

Actually, I'm really quite happy, love my job(s) and work hard. Just pointing out that your generalization about everyone leaving early and not being able to work "in the real world" is not correct.

Posted by: BetsyId ()
Date: September 27, 2014 06:19PM

So which principals are getting their hands slapped? I bet the former WSHS principal Mr. Greenfelder is worried right now.

Posted by: never fear ()
Date: September 27, 2014 08:50PM

They are probably just circling the wagons and doing damage control. Smokescreen. Scrambling signals. They probably like their $100 dinners just they way they are. Wouldn't you? I don't know how they can sleep at night doing this kind of crap. They have been screwing the citizens and children and taxpayers and they probably don't give a flying fart. Greedy bunch of thieves they are. Utterly pathological. Money magnets. Cash vacuum cleaners.

Posted by: disgusting ()
Date: September 28, 2014 12:03AM

all teachers are trash. this is disgusting. why do they think they are entitled to live the good life on our dime?

Posted by: *********** ()
Date: September 28, 2014 08:30AM

It looks like the problems are with the administrators, NOT the teachers.

Posted by: Hmmmmmmm ()
Date: September 28, 2014 09:13AM

I think we all agree the big money retreats and admin dinners need to stop, and I think they will. My problem with the facts lady is her disgust with any money spent on teachers and staff. She'll say she loves the teachers, but then immediately(and repeatedly) denounces a school for buying them a shirt, or a lunch. My guess is her response to me will be to make yet another announcement that she really loves and respects the teachers, but the next day we'll see a receipt where a school dared to spend $8/person for a breakfast during teacher appreciation week.

Date: September 28, 2014 09:37AM

Don't shoot the messenger!!!!!!!!!

I am merely pointing out that I think the amount of money spent on scrambled eggs and all the trimmings for 300 staff members, beach bags and beach towels for 200, clothing for 250, $2000 of flowers, $4000 BBQ's needs to be looked at in terms of sustainability, appropriateness, and in view of existing laws and regulations and standards of ethics. I think some teachers and staff need to do some math on what all this is costing and how realistic this is. 250 of anything (per school) isn't going to come cheap. Reality check. *****I don't know of anybody who works for the government who thinks a $30 restaurant lunch, a $50+ restaurant dinner, flowers, presents, candy, and a full BBQ for 200 twice a year is due them.

The $75-100 dinners and the $600 hotel rooms are pretty obviously a problem. I am sure the administrators love those but who else thinks these are essential to the functioning of government and the "fostering of student success"? Speak up. Let's hear your side!!!!!!!!!!!

It's always easier to spend somebody else's money and it always nice when it is spent on YOU.

Posted by: the facts-Robinson ()
Date: September 28, 2014 09:52AM

The frustration with records continues.

Page 1-a letter explaining that four Administrators went out to dinner because the school was being given an award. $45 a person. Congratulations. I think maybe this was a mileage or $11.50 kind of night? No itemized receipt!!!!! No names!!!!!

Page 5-illegible.

About $1000 for 34 dozen Whoopie Pies for teacher appreciation. Just how do they find this stuff?

An AP dinner for 7 at $28 a person. The 20 ounce Porterhouse is a remarkable use of public funds. This also sounds like an $11.50 or mileage kind of night. No names.

Page 9-illegible.

A dinner for "wrestling/basketball". No names, specific purpose. The coaches are on a salary supplement and not even eligible for the $11.50 or mileage. Oh well.
Attachments:
Robinson ECA _Redacted9232014.pdf

Posted by: SERIOUSLY? ()
Date: September 28, 2014 10:04AM

$181 dollars for a dinner for four administrators? That is outrageous! That principal should be ashamed! This is going on ALL OVER THE COUNTY. It is why there is no money for anything else! It needs to STOP and the administrators spending money so frivolously need to be seriously reprimanded!

Posted by: the facts-Oakton ()
Date: September 28, 2014 10:31AM

More frustrations with records. Oakton and FCPS have been working on explaining a $350 meal at George's at the Cove and a $600 dinner at Morton's since early September. They have asked for an extension on the extension. I believe George's is in La Jolla. Their website proclaims awards that include "Fodor's/Top 10 Restaurants in the World", "Best Place to Propose", "Top 100 Restaurants in America". Do a search and take a look. We all know about Morton's. This is not looking good for records. You can find these two on the extended ECA report posted earlier.

What I have shows hundreds of dollars of "working lunches" at Artie's for $20-$30 per person, including pecan crusted trout and baby back ribs. A few names. I don't understand why these were necessary. I had a hard time with the PO's.

There is also a whopper of a meal at Capital Grille. About $750. Yes, $750. NO NAMES. I couldn't understand the PO. The receipt is conveniently illegible, but from what we can read looks impressive. I have asked for a clearer receipt.

West Potomac is coming up. I found more massages. This masseuse had a heated chair. I have to do some analysis on these before I post them. I looked up about 20 grand of generic charge card payments. Give me a few days.
Attachments:
Oakton_Redacted9252014.pdf

Posted by: calories for hard slog chats ()
Date: September 28, 2014 11:25AM

This kind of stuff reinforces the unbelievable hubris on the part of the administration. I'm sure that while they are eating they are having very professional conversations about helping teachers in the classrooms.

Posted by: &&&&&&& ()
Date: September 28, 2014 11:43AM

I believe they can use the school gyms for free. I would assume there is a gym at Gatehouse. They need them desperately.

Posted by: online ()
Date: September 28, 2014 12:15PM

its time to get teachers out of education. make things all online so kids can do it all at home. why do we need some moocher babysitting and doing the grading, taking a salary and getting an absurd amount of holidays and summers off. kids would get things done quicker online and then go to football or dance or whatever earlier in the day and have the evening to spend with family.

Posted by: wowzer ()
Date: September 28, 2014 12:37PM

As I sit at home on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon willingly writing letters of recommendation for six of my seniors, I say to myself: "I have never been treated to Arties, had a massage, been taken to Mortons or been given anything pricer than a T-shirt." My administration has not gone to La Jolla or New Orleans or Vegas, nor to my knowledge treated themselves to Sweetwater before a school board meeting. I am very happy with my profession and with my employment.Yet, I despair when I read the negative posts on this particular thread implying that all teachers are lazy, worthless, taking the public dime for an easy job and whine, whine, whine. My sarcastic suggestion is that all of us wear habits like the nuns who taught me, take a vow of poverty, work for nothing and offer up for a higher seat in heaven all the crap that we are subject to by members of the public, including those who campaigned for 30 minutes more sleep at the cost of 4.7 million and extending our commutes by up to an hour a day. OK - no more whining as it is so offensive, and back to writing the letters. I love my school, my students and my job, and am appalled at what certain administrators are doing at select schools. As far as I can tell, the existence of this thread and fact checkers investigation will cut out the T-shirts, the candy bars before faculty meetings, and the VERY MODEST retirement trinkets which we have been told must now be funded by our own donations. That is fine. Let's just stop the junkets to pricy restaurants. Administrators should be able to split a check and pay their own way if they want to dine together. I sure hope that all of the copies of the expenditures are landing on Karen Garza's desk as I doubt she reads Fairfax Underground.

Pages: Previous123456789AllNext
Current Page: 7 of 9

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.