HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Triple Homicide Springfield
Posted by: dono ()
Date: March 21, 2009 08:51AM

Maybe people post here because a 4 month old unsolved butchering job murder holds interest longer than say threads about stupid shit posted. Granted the morons whom post stupid shit on this thread are real miscreants but there is an abundance of those here anyway...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: March 21, 2009 12:12PM

Maybe, but then how do you explain the rebirth of NOVA Barbie thread?

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 21, 2009 01:37PM

Shadow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe, but then how do you explain the rebirth of
> NOVA Barbie thread?

How do you explain the re-birth of any old thread? People

are infinite, and you are gay. In one thread you said it wasn't

worth denying charges of being gay, when a straight guy would argue that

each and everytime. Only a Fag, talking about Barbies (putting down women)

would say such a thing, especially when there are older threads in the pipeline.

How insignificant is a Shadow, sorta like a scarecrow, empty?

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: March 21, 2009 04:12PM

Funny, it's been my experience that the ones that deny homosexuality the loudest are the ones that are in the closest and the most active. I know several straight guys that wouldn't bother arguing about whether someone on an anon board accused them of being gay.

Actually, nevermind, you're going to think whatever you want, and it's clear your whole purpose on this board is to get people riled up and arguing over nonsense.

Have a nice day.

Date: March 21, 2009 06:26PM

Shadow...you were the one that first started complaining.

Lame dodge.

Posted by: someone who knows ()
Date: March 25, 2009 02:53PM

Andy was not a "drug dealer" in the sense of it wasn't his career and he didn't put himself out there like that... but he had weight and frequently hooked up his buddies. He was trying to get out of the game right before this happened... I can't believe there isn't more released about this crime. Andy was a good guy.

Posted by: na ()
Date: March 25, 2009 05:18PM

Hooking up your buds with an 8th here or a quarter there isnt a drug dealer. As far as "weight" goes, he never carried lbs on him. An ounce or 2 is not "weight."

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 25, 2009 07:06PM

someone who knows Wrote:
> Andy was not a "drug dealer"

if you are dealing drugs, you are a drug dealer. you might as well claim you dont owe people money because you pay them back eventually.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: drinkthecoolaid ()
Date: March 25, 2009 07:12PM

The report says 'narcotics' not marijuana...narcotics means coke. Who kills people with machetes and runs a lot of coke in the area....MS

Posted by: drinkthecoolaid ()
Date: March 25, 2009 07:15PM

"....were killed during a narcotics-involved robbery around 9:45 p.m. on
Wednesday, November 19 in the 5400 block of Moultrie Road in Springfield. They died as a
result of multiple stab wounds to their upper bodies and detectives have reason to believe this
incident was not random in nature.
One victim described the suspects as males, wearing black clothing with the words “Police” and
“SWAT” displayed....."

Tell me that isn't a gang related hit over drug turf or money.....way to organized.

Date: March 25, 2009 09:07PM

It was over pot. Large amounts of pot.

Posted by: JEB Raider ()
Date: April 06, 2009 11:56PM

Gravis Wrote:
> a) another reason to own a gun
> b) really, they had to be involved in something
> illegal for someone to come after them like that.

I went to high school with Ryan Strope. Knew him for years. I know him better than anyone else at Stuart High.

to Gravis's question... the answer is "B".

this case will never be solved. trust me.

I don't know the other two guys that got slained but when I heard the news that someone from my high school got killed my first guess was Ryan Strope before I even read the article. Nerdy looking guy but he had one mean streak. Short fuse. Drugs. Parties. Quick to shout whatever it takes to push your last red button. Heard him shout racial slurs all the time in traffic at other people. Always talked a big game but never walked the walk.

Also the timing of the crime is perfect. Crimes committed before Thanksgiving and Christmas have the least chance of getting solved due to a lack of focus. By the time the cops get their bearings in place it's already... April. Too late.

No need to reply to my post for me to see... I'll never see this page again.

I know you all love me. and I love you all.

Date: April 10, 2009 02:50PM

It will get solved eventually. Someone will switch sides at some point, especially in dealing with the type of people we are taking about.

Date: April 10, 2009 02:56PM

JEB, why are you so sure it will never get solved? Trust you? Interesting.

Date: April 10, 2009 11:58PM

Yep, I agree...interesting?

Date: April 11, 2009 12:17PM

Sounds like he might know something the police do not know. Call the tip hotline asshole.

Posted by: a ()
Date: April 14, 2009 01:12PM

what really upsets me about all of this is people just don't understand that these guys died a horrible way. They have loved ones and family and friends who truly cared about them & nothing is being done...at least i think nothing is being done. Everyday i check to see if there are any updates and always get nothing.
I grew up with andy and he was an amazing guy who always talked to me no matter how long it was that we hadn't seen each other. Andy lived up the street from me and we went to school together. He was always brave and a fighter. I miss him greatly and if anyone knows about what happened or details please call the police. Give me and his family and friends peace of mind. Until this case is solved I will truly not be able to move on from his murder.

Posted by: Update ()
Date: September 11, 2009 10:34AM

September 11, 2009

First-degree murder plea in Roseville bludgeoning

Killer also suspected in 3 Virginia slayings

CHRISTINE FERRETTI
The Detroit News

Mount Clemens -- Lorenc Babu was "cold and matter of fact" in court Thursday when he calmly admitted bludgeoning a woman to death and dumping her body in a pond, prosecutors say.

"He was clearly showing no emotion, care or concern when asked why he planned the murder -- he really didn't have an answer," said Macomb County Assistant Prosecutor Bill Cataldo. "I'm glad to have him off the streets and in prison for the rest of his life."

Babu faces life in prison after pleading guilty in Macomb Circuit Court to killing Rebekah Seely, 30, of Roseville. Sentencing is Oct. 14.
Cataldo said few plead guilty to first-degree murder, but Babu may have had good reason.

He could soon face even more charges in connection to a triple murder in Fairfax, Va., two days after Seely's Nov. 17 death from a tire iron.

Babu was extradited to Michigan last November to face charges in Seely's murder. And when he was arrested Nov. 24 in a New York church homeless shelter, police found the cell phone of one of the Virginia murder victims -- Terence Strope -- in his possession, Cataldo said.

Fairfax County police officials said three Springfield, Va., men -- Strope, 38, brother Ryan Strope, 26, and Andres Yelicie, 26 -- were stabbed inside a North Springfield home on Nov. 19. Police say the robbery was drug related. All three men died.

"It would appear based on what he stated on the record, that he has involvement in a triple homicide in Virginia. It (may have) led him to pleading here," Cataldo said. "When he was arrested officials were notified ... Babu was in possession of the phone of one of the three murdered victims in that case."

Fairfax County police could not be reached for comment late Thursday.
Babu's attorney, Daniel Garon, would not say why he pleaded guilty. Babu lured Seely into an area of Grosse Pointes-Clinton Refuse Disposal Authority near Gratiot and 14 Mile in Clinton Township on Nov. 17. He bludgeoned her with a tire iron and dumped her in a pond on the site.

Trespassers on the land discovered the body.

cferretti@detnews.com">cferretti@detnews.com (586) 468-0343

Posted by: Seann ()
Date: September 11, 2009 12:18PM

Lets hope this ahole gives up his accomplices next.

Date: September 11, 2009 12:32PM

im glad they found the culprit responsible for this
and i hope he does rat out his friends

Date: September 11, 2009 05:50PM

Trespassers on the land discovered the body.

LOL! were they charged with trespassing?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: TefD187 ()
Date: September 11, 2009 06:01PM

LOL sounds like they stole that move out of the FCPD book of Standard operating procedures.

Posted by: TrunkJunker ()
Date: September 17, 2009 02:11PM

Date: September 17, 2009 08:31PM

wow... he's a real psychopath.

Date: September 18, 2009 09:51AM

good throw the book at him
and lets get his buddies in there too

Posted by: dono ()
Date: September 18, 2009 10:11AM

I feel better if they have found even one of the animals that did this. Hopefully the pussy will squeal on his cohorts and we can see some of them fry.

Posted by: karoche ()
Date: September 19, 2009 09:55AM

I read recently in a Fairfax local newspaper that police in Michigan had someone in custody that may have killed the three men in Springfield. He has confessed to killing someone and they believe he may be involved in the triple homicide.

Date: September 19, 2009 01:47PM

dono Wrote:
> [...] we can see some of them fry.

im afraid not... http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/methods-execution

Posted by: Young ()
Date: September 19, 2009 10:46PM

So he pled guilty to the Michigan charges in order to avoid being charged in Va for the 3 slayings and avoid being executed. Very interesting.

Posted by: Michelle ()
Date: September 19, 2009 10:50PM

how STUPID and IGNORANT do you sound blaming the "illegals" for all the crime in VA!!! i mean seriously, where do you get all your facts...(i wanna say your mom but I will not involove her as she has nothing to do with this...i'm sorry she gave birth to you... DUMBASS! its better if you stop commenting or i will get one of my guatemalan knife carrying cousins to come and work on your lawn! HA! i bet you thought i was going to say STAB you... FUCKTARD!

Posted by: anti-Jeb raider ()
Date: September 28, 2009 05:09PM

Dear JEB Raider,

Even though you said not to bother replying to your message (below). I wanted the readers of this site to know how ignorant and out of line your comments are.

First, you apparently did not know Ryan in high school. Ryan was the the kindest, most sincere and most respectful person that walked this earth whose life was cut way too short at the age of 26. And your comments about him were so false that reading them made me sick. What happened to him, his brother Terry and friend Andy was a terrible and unheard of crime that no person should experience.

You have no respect, no dignity and no sense of those mourning them. Karma is a bitch and I hope that your hateful and disrespecting words bite you in the a*@. The timing of the crimes made it more painful for the family members and friends who loved them and miss them. And only made the police more focused to catch the idiots who did this. They will be caught and justice will be served.

Keep your pitiful comments to yourself.

-------------------------------------------------

Posted by: JEB Raider ()
Date: April 06, 2009 11:56PM

Gravis Wrote:
> a) another reason to own a gun
> b) really, they had to be involved in something
> illegal for someone to come after them like that.

I went to high school with Ryan Strope. Knew him for years. I know him better than anyone else at Stuart High.

to Gravis's question... the answer is "B".

this case will never be solved. trust me.

I don't know the other two guys that got slained but when I heard the news that someone from my high school got killed my first guess was Ryan Strope before I even read the article. Nerdy looking guy but he had one mean streak. Short fuse. Drugs. Parties. Quick to shout whatever it takes to push your last red button. Heard him shout racial slurs all the time in traffic at other people. Always talked a big game but never walked the walk.

Also the timing of the crime is perfect. Crimes committed before Thanksgiving and Christmas have the least chance of getting solved due to a lack of focus. By the time the cops get their bearings in place it's already... April. Too late.

No need to reply to my post for me to see... I'll never see this page again.

I know you all love me. and I love you all.

Date: September 28, 2009 05:17PM

yeah i knew Ryan and Terry since Middle school. I have never seen Ryan get like the above poster states 'Jeb Raider'

Posted by: Walker Fairfax ()
Date: May 05, 2011 08:36AM

interesting development -

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pr-georges-man-indicted-for-alleged-role-in-fatal-2008-home-invasion-robbery/2011/05/04/AFtqRKrF_print.html

Pr. George’s man indicted for alleged role in fatal 2008 home invasion robbery
By Dana Hedgpeth, Wednesday, May , 7:52 PM
A Prince George’s County man was indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury on charges that he took part in a 2008 home invasion robbery in Fairfax County in which three men were stabbed to death.

Delante Cook, 34, and his co-conspirators disguised themselves as police officers — wearing black outfits with the words “Police” and “SWAT” on them — when they entered a Springfield home Nov. 19, 2008, according to Fairfax police an indictment in U.S. District Court in Alexandria. The robbers targeted the home because they thought the occupants were dealing marijuana, court papers say.

Brothers Ryan C. Strope, 26, and Terence J. Strope, 38, who rented the home on Moultrie Road in the Ravensworth Farm neighborhood, were fatally stabbed. Their friend, Andres A. Yelicie, 26, who was visiting, was also killed.

Cook, the first person arrested in connection with the crime, was charged with conspiracy and attempt to commit robbery.

The indictment alleges that other people were involved, including one man who has since died. Prosecutors, who said the investigation is ongoing, did not say who they think stabbed the men. No one has been charged with murder.

Neil H. MacBride, U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, called the killings a “chilling and horrific crime.”

“This was a conspiracy that involved meticulous planning and masquerading as police officers to gain entry into homes they wanted to rob,” he said, noting that it ended with the “brutal stabbing deaths” of three men.

The killings shocked neighbors in the Fairfax community, and police and community leaders held a meeting to ease fears. More than 100 people attended.

Authorities said “recent evidence brought to the grand jury” gave them a break in the case.

In the two days before the robbery, Cook and another man, Jelani Slay, watched the home and planned the robbery, according to the five-page indictment.

On Nov. 19, 2008, Cook, Slay and other unidentified conspirators returned to the home dressed as law enforcement officials and armed with weapons, including knives, the indictment alleges.

“They wanted to rob them of cash, and they wanted to rob them of drugs,” MacBride said.

Authorities said two laptops and a cellphone were taken.

MacBride called the crime “a vicious, brutal, heinous stabbing” of three men. Fairfax Police Chief David Rohrer said that the brothers’ home might have been the target because of their alleged marijuana dealing but “these three men did not deserve to die.”

The Strope brothers are the sons of Christopher Strope, a retired Arlington County police officer and executive director of the Virginia Coalition of Police and Deputy Sheriffs.

Terence Strope ran a contracting business, Capitol Concrete Solutions. The brothers graduated from J.E.B. Stuart High School, where Ryan Strope played in the marching band.

Yelicie graduated from Paul VI Catholic High School in Fairfax and Virginia Commonwealth University. He worked at a credit union in the District.

If convicted, Cook faces a maximum of 40 years in prison. He was arrested Tuesday and made his initial appearance Wednesday in a federal courtroom in Alexandria. He is scheduled for a detention hearing Friday.

Slay was fatally shot in March 2009 by an off-duty D.C. police officer. Police said Slay, wearing a mask and brandishing a gun, tried to rob the officer.

Staff researcher Jennifer Jenkins contributed to this report.

Pages: Previous12All
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.