HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
DRIVING
Posted by: Chris ()
Date: March 25, 2006 11:01PM

I was going 85 in a 55 on rt. 28. Never have gone fast before im only 18. I never speed. I was coming home from my hockey game @ 11 p.m. It was an will the judge give me a waring for this? I have no points on my record. I am still in school and wanted to get home so i could get to sleep to go to school the next day.

I hope its just a small fine or hope they let me go. I am not a criminal.

Please respond to my email at chriscelenski@aol.com

Thanks,

Chris

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DRIVING
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: March 25, 2006 11:31PM

you're fucked. if you don't get a year in jail I would be amazed. You better learn how convicts like their assholes licked. it may be a matter of survival.

Posted by: burpgun ()
Date: March 25, 2006 11:45PM

That 'innocent youth' crap ain't gonna play. You were speeding, and doing it well. Oh, wait. Hockey game? I think there's a waiver for that...

Date: March 25, 2006 11:52PM

Being that 85 in a 55 is reckless, you'll have to go to court. And I HIGHLY recommend getting a lawyer. Most likely your lawyer and the cop will strike a deal and it will most likely go the cops way as the lawyer will have your money by then anyways. I'm guessing you'll get a pretty hefty fine and since you have no priors, MAYBE no jail time. Ask your lawyer if he's going to try to strike a deal. If so, say you'll pay a fine and that you're willing to go to the defensive driving course or whatever it takes to avoid jail time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2006 11:55PM by Trogdor the Burninator.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 26, 2006 01:46AM

GET A LAWYER NOW!

anyone remember the thread that had all the various links to lawyers that deal specifically with this type stuff?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: March 26, 2006 02:01AM

Chris,

You were driving 30 miles over the speed limit. That means that you are guilty of a crime. Hence, you are a criminal. True, it isn't like you killed someone, but you still broke the law. Motive doesn't matter here- so drop the excuses.

I doubt you'll get jail time, but you may get your license suspended for a few months. If you honestly think that the judge will just give you a warning, you need to have your license suspended- you are too stupid to drive.

Posted by: Gene ()
Date: March 26, 2006 02:03AM

WHo is talking about jail time. Going 85 is reckless, so you will probaly get a pretty hefty fine (around 200 bucks) plus a revocation of your license for a while. The courts are as much interested in your money as they are in making you behave better.

Posted by: T ()
Date: March 26, 2006 11:06AM

Reckless driving is a class 1 misdemeanor, punishable by UP TO a $2,500 fine, and 12 months in jail. Like Genevieve said, I doubt you'll get that high of a fine or any jail time at all.
You can probably count on riding the bus to school for a little while, as the court will most likely take your license.
Alot depends on your previous driving record. The worse it is, the more the fine,longer license suspension. And the chances of striking a deal fade.
I'd definitely get a lawyer, and see if you can strike deal. Prosecutors in Fairfax will not talk to you about a deal without a lawyer.

Posted by: chris ()
Date: March 26, 2006 12:25PM

My record is good i have never been pulled over before.

Date: March 26, 2006 12:31PM

Also i cant go to jail, im on three hocjey teams and play goalie for 2. Honestly since this is my first will i goto jail??

Chris

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: March 26, 2006 01:28PM

chris Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also i cant go to jail, im on three hocjey teams
> and play goalie for 2. Honestly since this is my
> first will i goto jail??
>
> Chris

Goalie for 2, yeah, you'll get off with a warning.

Posted by: m ()
Date: March 26, 2006 02:22PM

I got a some shit like that before I was 17 and I was going 60 in a 40. I had to pay $63 court cost and take driver improvement if I did not want it on my record so it got thrown out. Drivers improvement was like $75. Now a word of advice is to avoid tickets but still speed is to check your review for po po often and on the highway get a pace car to follow thats going faster than you.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: March 26, 2006 04:01PM

chris Wrote:
> and play goalie for 2.

I see, but a mother/father whose income is vital to the survival of their family can go to jail for the same offense? Grow up.

Posted by: Slow n furious ()
Date: March 26, 2006 04:03PM

You are NOT going to go to jail..." Reckless driving is a class 1 misdemeanor, punishable by UP TO a $2,500 fine, and 12 months in jail." That is the max punishment. If you are going 90 or over that is considered reckless WITH the intent to kill. That is automatic jail time. You weren't going over 90, you are a first time offender...you WILL get a big old fine and either get your lic. suspended or you will have to attend a driver improvement class which will then in turn wipe all of this mess off your record. Good Luck.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: March 26, 2006 06:40PM

I got convicted for 90+ (in a 65) and no jail time.. not to say I didn't narrowly avoid it.. but nothing is automatic if you hire a good lawyer. In my case he helped pull the prosecutor down from jail time, in exchange for a guilty plea and sixty days suspended. He then had to convince the judge to go along with the deal, so he asked the prosecutor in advance to smooth it over when my case got called. The judge was all over my shit but since there was virtually no traffic (the cop wrote this in his report) and my driving record was plus points (at that time), he let me skate.

And there was never even the MENTION of "intent to kill", that's absurd.

Oh yeah did I mention it wasn't fairfax? It couldn't have been, no roads in ffx are 65MPH. Good luck getting the ffx hardasses to give you a deal.

Good thing you're good at catching hard objects being lobbed at you from all directions, that's going to come in handy in the slammer.

Posted by: HD ()
Date: March 26, 2006 08:28PM

The driving school is if you are under 18. Juvie court does things the adult court won't do. Driving school is one of them. It wouldn't hurt to go to DMV and take their driving course. They have a safe driving course and an agressive driving course. For that speed you better take both. You will get 5 plus points for taking one of them. Might shorten the license suspension. And if you think you will just drive anyway, if you get stopped for driving after they pop your license they will lock you up and tow your car. Then you will be spending many sleepless nights making sure you butt stays planted firmly against the wall of your cell.

Posted by: what aer you tlaking about ()
Date: March 26, 2006 10:56PM

what the hell are you talking about anything over 80 in fairfax is reckless ENDANGERMENT which is a felony.

You are fucked bro , count your blessings while you still can and try to cop a plea deal. since it's your first offense I doubt they'd really give you anything more than 6 months though, so you'll only serve 3. good luck

Posted by: T ()
Date: March 27, 2006 07:29AM

Reckless driving Va. state code (summarized)

General reckless- 46.2-852 Driving in a manner to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person regardless of speed.

Reckless by speed 46.2-862 20 or above posted limit constitutes reckless
unless speed limit is 35, then speed must be 60mph or greater.
In excess of 80 MPH regardless of the posted speed limit.

So what the hell are YOU talking about? As posted above, it's Class 1 misdemeanor, MAX punishment is up to a $2500 fine, up to 12 months in the slammer, and up to 6 months loss of license.

It is only a felony if a person is driving recklessly on a suspended or revoked license that was suspended or revoked as a result of a moving violation, and the reckless driving results in the death of another person. Then it is a Class 6 felony. VA code 46.2-868

Date: March 27, 2006 08:27AM

what is the worst felony you can get and what do you have to do to get it?

oh... by the way, this is the 9000th post in this forum. \o/

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2006 08:28AM by Gravis.

Posted by: kingOFgEEEks ()
Date: March 27, 2006 09:23AM

I would say that treason against the United States (or terrorism) would be the worst felony you can commit in the government's eyes.

On the other hand, in your fellow inmates' eyes, I'd say pedophilia would be about the worst.

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: March 27, 2006 09:53AM

I think genocide is definitely up there, that's even higher than any US crime.

Posted by: Long Arm of the Law ()
Date: March 27, 2006 11:22AM

chris Wrote:
> and play goalie for 2. Honestly since this is my
> first will i goto jail??
>
> Chris

Oh my God, you just don't get it do you? Stop making excuses, and get yourself a lawyer NOW before you go to court and make an ass of yourself with these lame excuses. You go to court with these "stories" and you're likely to piss off the judge and get more of a penalty than you would have otherwise.

I'd suggest picking up cans around the neighborhood to get some extra money and also check out the bus schedule in your neighborhood, because you won't be driving for a while, hockey team or no. I doubt you need to learn to toss the salad of a large convict yet, but without a lawyer and these stupid stories you keep trying to excuse your actions with, you never know.

Date: March 27, 2006 02:18PM

I dont have a car. i dont drive to school. i just drive to my hockey games.

Posted by: § ()
Date: March 27, 2006 02:45PM

It's ok man. Huffy is having a spring beach cruiser sale in April, so I'd consider the white walled tires and basket in front for looks. -§

Posted by: 345 ()
Date: March 27, 2006 04:47PM

you have to potential to have your sphincter stretched. Kiss ass NOW.

Posted by: BR ()
Date: March 27, 2006 06:07PM

Probably a fine and some driver improvement courses. Worse that happens is they pull your license for a while.

Date: March 27, 2006 07:02PM

Long Arm of the Law,
  go play in traffic, then shoot at the cars for trying to kill you.

Posted by: Long Arm of the Law ()
Date: March 27, 2006 07:29PM

Gravis Wrote:
> Long Arm of the Law,
>   go play in traffic, then shoot at the
> cars for trying to kill you.

Is that the best you could do? Go back to the shallow end.

Posted by: What happened ()
Date: May 24, 2014 02:46PM

Did you end up getting jail time?

Posted by: Judge ()
Date: May 24, 2014 04:17PM

Are all of you so gullible to think that the OP (complete with some poor victim's email address) is not a troll? Please.

Posted by: Holy Crap... ()
Date: May 24, 2014 05:21PM

What happened Wrote:
> Did you end up getting jail time?

Of course he did. And eight years later, he's still in the sin bin. Kind of a like really big game misconduct penalty.

The OP is of course a hoax, but anything over 80 is reckless and very serious business. The defendant in such cases doesn't get to "negotiate" anything with anybody. A lawyer is therefore an absolute necessity. The court is meanwhile about crafting penalties for callously and recklessly putting the lives and property of others at risk. Don't expect leniency or that anyone is going to cut you a break. You ARE going to get hammered. The best you can hope for is a grand in fines plus court costs, more for the lawyer, and of course seeing your whole life fucked up for 9-12 months. That's the upside.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.